Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelucky bucket
Stoner
 User Gallery

30 days today
    #377626 - 03/03/10 08:12 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

The strain is LA Women, and it is being grown under a 400 Watt HPS. This is my FIRST grow, so I wanted to post some pictures to make sure I'm doing an ok job:tongue:

What do you guys think?
(Took these pictures this morning)

--------------------

Stuff that's hidden, murky, and ambiguous, is scary because you don't know what it does.

-Jerry Garcia

Edited by lucky bucket (03/03/10 01:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 30 days today [Re: lucky bucket]
    #377631 - 03/03/10 08:16 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

oooh, take those blue things out of there man, you're drowning her with way too much water. let the soil dry out completely between feedings. I know how tempting it is to water daily because you love her so much and want to give her tons and tons of care, but seriously drying her out a little between feedings will have her happier than anything

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #377632 - 03/03/10 08:21 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Congrats on your first grow. For some reason I can't enlarge the first picture, but it appears they are being over-watered and/or under-ventilated. If you are watering with those aqua globes they could easily be the culprit because weed doesn't like soggy soil.

It looks good overall. Tell us what nutrients and grow medium you're using though.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinelucky bucket
Stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 30 days today [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #377636 - 03/03/10 08:28 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Thanks for the feedback! Just took the Aqua Globes out, but I thought you actually couldn't over-water your plants by using them because they give your plants the perfect amount of water no? And if the case is different with cannabis, how often should it be watered, and how much? Thanks

As far as nutrients, Etc, im not using anyhting to special. Just some soil I picked up at the Home-Depot, and it seems to be working fine.

--------------------

Stuff that's hidden, murky, and ambiguous, is scary because you don't know what it does.

-Jerry Garcia

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #377638 - 03/03/10 08:54 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

They "give the perfect amount of water" as in soak the soil and when its soaked enough water will stop coming out

Which works well for many common household / garden plants but not so well for cannabis :happyweed:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 30 days today [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #377926 - 03/03/10 04:01 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

I have a LA Woman going in veg as well.  Yours also look like it may benefit from a little more Nitrogen.  It may only take one feeding to get her to the green you want, my LA Woman isn't a heavy feeder at all.  I gave her some grow ferts a couple weeks ago and haven't had to feed her since.  It is the most vertical growing strain I have.    Each node grows straight up along the main stalk.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: 30 days today [Re: dutc2006]
    #378077 - 03/03/10 08:43 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

dutc2006 said:
Yours also look like it may benefit from a little more Nitrogen.

That's what I'm thinking.  Look at the pale yellowing going on with the lowest nodes.  She needs a good 1/2-3/4 strength feeding of something.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinelucky bucket
Stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 30 days today [Re: Inverted]
    #378136 - 03/03/10 10:08 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

dutc2006 said:

That's what I'm thinking.  Look at the pale yellowing going on with the lowest nodes.  She needs a good 1/2-3/4 strength feeding of something.

Could you please explain this a little more? I don't know anything about "feeding" the plant. Apparently I haven't been watering it right up to this point ether, so id really like to know how much it should be watered daily, how many hours of light does it need, and how do you feed a plant nitrogen?

--------------------

-Jerry Garcia

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #378149 - 03/03/10 10:20 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

it should NOT be watered daily, that's the main thing. let the pot dry out for 3-4 days between feedings to encourage root growth.

As for feeding.... that's a very broad issue. I'd suggest doing some general research on it and then asking a more specific question.

--------------------

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
    #378329 - 03/04/10 10:13 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

lucky bucket said:
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

dutc2006 said:

Could you please explain this a little more? I don't know anything about "feeding" the plant. Apparently I haven't been watering it right up to this point ether, so id really like to know how much it should be watered daily, how many hours of light does it need, and how do you feed a plant nitrogen?

Marijuana roots like to soak then dry. A good rule of thumb is to water your plants until the water comes out of the drain holes. Make sure you have proper drainage on your containers. Then don't water again until the soil a half an inch below the surface is dry. This normally won't ocure over night. So avoid feeding everyday. As far as how many hours of light it need and how do you feed a plant. I agree with Harry. You need to do some more general research.

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 30 days today [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #378483 - 03/04/10 03:58 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Buddy Guy said:
Then don't water again until the soil a half an inch below the surface is dry.

If you do this you are asking for pythium down the road.  Wait until the entire pot is dry.  Look at the drain holes to see if the bottom layer of soil is truly dry.  If it isn't there is no need to water it again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder