Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #375078 - 02/28/10 10:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Next up - germination
then - roots

what's everyone think about that?  Anyone care?

sounds great to me. I'm extremely busy right now with school work but I promise I'll get some time to type up some stuff on those :thumbup:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #375283 - 02/28/10 03:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Germination a narrow topic? I don't think so. "Preparing for Your Grow" was too general for me to chime in. Preparation is an ongoing process for me.

Germination on the other hand is just specialized enough to get some unique responses. Unfortunately, I think most people on this site (and anywhere for that matter) are in consensus with the Paper Towel method. IDK let's find out.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #375296 - 02/28/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Paper towel method :thumbup:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: Triptonic]
    #375386 - 02/28/10 05:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

replace that paper towel with a washcloth, then it's ftw!  but we'll get into that in just a bit.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: Triptonic]
    #375669 - 02/28/10 09:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Paper towel method :thumbup:

I like this method also. Sometimes I forget about seeds for a day are so. Stoner thing.
The seeds are easier to get out of the paper if they grow in to paper a little.

Edit: This is a cool thread, :flyhigh:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Edited by KaptKid (02/28/10 09:43 PM)

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: KaptKid]
    #375680 - 02/28/10 09:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Woah this thread just now appeared out of nowhere:tongue:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineSillyString525
Stranger
Male

Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #376032 - 03/01/10 11:45 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

I am growing for the first time, and plan to germinate about 30-50 seeds in paper towels. Should I just use warm water and dampen the towels, put 2 or 3 seeds in each one folded in half, then leave them in a windowsill for a day? This is currently my plan. From there I am thinking about transferring into 16 ounce solo cups using regular potting soil from a garden store. Good Idea?
Gracias

--------------------
It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes.-The Catcher in the Rye

"Let them know you realize that life goes fast.  It's hard to make the good things last. You realize the sun doesn't go down.  It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round."

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: SillyString525]
    #376041 - 03/01/10 11:48 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

it all sounds good after the germination part but I think we should talk about your papertowl plan a little bit.

First, don't leave them on the windowsill because that will just dry out the towels way too fast. also, you don't need to limit yourself to just 3 seeds per towel. I usually fold up one or two paper towls and get them nice and moist, then place in the bottom of a tupperware container (like one of those square sandwich thingies). Put your seeds on top of that (I've done as many as 30 seeds in one tupperware without any issues) and then put another moist papertowel on top of them, then close the lid. Set it and forget it for about 24-36 hours and you're golden!

--------------------

OfflineSillyString525
Stranger
Male

#376045 - 03/01/10 11:50 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Awesome! For some reason I guess I was thinking the light from the windowsill would help them germinate better, like some potato experiment we did in elementary school. Do I have to keep them around any temperature, or is room temperature fine?

Thanks for the advice.

--------------------
It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes.-The Catcher in the Rye

"Let them know you realize that life goes fast.  It's hard to make the good things last. You realize the sun doesn't go down.  It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round."

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: SillyString525]
    #376050 - 03/01/10 11:53 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

technically 75-80 is ideal, but I just keep mine in my room at around 65-70 and I have near 100% success rates.

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376059 - 03/01/10 11:56 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

yup what he said.

so harry, it's monday man i am waiting for the knowledge to come flowing from your fingertips on this germination issue, where is it? j/k if i were in school and working right now i would never be on here so mad props for making time. I am interested though because as much as i have worked with plants in my life the only ways I have started seeds are in a paper towel and in dirt for long germination periods. I am fascinated that there is more to it.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376063 - 03/01/10 11:59 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
technically 75-80 is ideal, but I just keep mine in my room at around 65-70 and I have near 100% success rates.

does temperature even effect germination %? I was under the assumption that seeds are either viable or not viable either because they are to old or not mature. that is not to say that seeds will sprout in any temperature just that as long as you are in the window of tolerance they will either pop or not and temperature only helped speed things along.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: pha3r0]
    #376074 - 03/01/10 12:05 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

As far as I understand it merely replicates the warm soil temps of springtime sunshine on the dirt and helps signal to the plant that summer is near.

As for the germination thing, I'm getting there, but the roots issue is the one where I have FAR more to say about it. Germination is rather simple, but roots are my favorite part of the plant :grin:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376081 - 03/01/10 12:09 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

well i already said i felt germination was a bit narrow for a whole week but when people said theres enough info to fill a discussion i pulled up a chair. either way it's all good in the hood. going to go scrape bowser while i job hunt. i might even get enough for a single knifer, god i can't wait for the dream to be ready.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#376100 - 03/01/10 12:20 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
it all sounds good after the germination part but I think we should talk about your papertowl plan a little bit.

First, don't leave them on the windowsill because that will just dry out the towels way too fast. also, you don't need to limit yourself to just 3 seeds per towel. I usually fold up one or two paper towls and get them nice and moist, then place in the bottom of a tupperware container (like one of those square sandwich thingies). Put your seeds on top of that (I've done as many as 30 seeds in one tupperware without any issues) and then put another moist papertowel on top of them, then close the lid. Set it and forget it for about 24-36 hours and you're golden!

This is almost the exact way I do it, works excellent compared to other methods I've tried over the years.  I've had germination in under 24 hours doing it this way.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineSillyString525
Stranger
Male

Re: Discussion Group Information and Suggestion Box [Re: DieselB]
    #376107 - 03/01/10 12:26 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

any tips on a good strong outdoor strain of bud with high yield and good reputation?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies