Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: Inverted]
    #361094 - 02/09/10 08:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sorry guys, I didnt mean to put down nirvana. I was just trying to point out that even though a majority of all pot growing communities look at nirvana's strains as f2's that are for the poor man grower and aren't considered elite genetics, that they really do have good genetics and I'd rather grow out their stuff rather than greenhouse. Ive only had problems with greenhouse. Ive grown nirvanas northern lights, auro indica, b-52, big bud and i'm sure a few others i cant think of off the top of my head and have never regretted any of them. Where everything from greenhouse seems like complete shit and have no vigor. Thats why I turned down the free seed offer from attitude this month.

Honestly I bet a majority of the seed banks out there don't even put as much effort into breeding as they make you think. It seems like these companies that charge less for their strains actually have better strains than the ones you pay 5 times as much for but will never be considered "elite" people don't respect something as much when they don't have to shell out as much money for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: FrozenReality]
    #361106 - 02/09/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

Well said my man... Well said.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #362152 - 02/11/10 05:22 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
people don't respect something as much when they don't have to shell out as much money for it.

So true. :nonono:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #362252 - 02/11/10 12:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

FrozenReality said,
Quote:

Really the only company ive ever had problems with is green house seeds, those god damn seeds always stretch like fuck and never stand up on their own

I love the genetics from GHS. The only problem I have though is that their indi's have a hard as FUCK time, trying to break the seed shell. I just had to crack open 2 of the Wh. Rhino(fems)shells today because they couldn't break it open, and were going to rot soon. They've been cracked for days now, but no progress.
The other problem is in the taproots being so fucking weak. twice now, on 2 of the Big Bang indies and 1 of the SSHaze. 1 BB died after getting snapped on insert, but both of the SSh and 1 BB has survived.

Any waaaay...Dr Chronic can no longer accept US credit cards. I guess I need a new supplier!

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: jwes420]
    #362830 - 02/11/10 09:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jwes420 said:
The only problem I have though is that their indi's have a hard as FUCK time, trying to break the seed shell. I just had to crack open 2 of the Wh. Rhino(fems)shells today because they couldn't break it open, and were going to rot soon. They've been cracked for days now, but no progress.
The other problem is in the taproots being so fucking weak. twice now, on 2 of the Big Bang indies and 1 of the SSHaze. 1 BB died after getting snapped on insert, but both of the SSh and 1 BB has survived.

:lol:

That's why the general feeling is that Arjin isn't that great of a breeder.  GHS gear just DOES NOT stack up to the competition.  I'd buy Nirvana seeds 10 times in a row before buying from GH...  I like nirvana, and he's cheap, but their are better breeders out there.  I look at GHS lowly...

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #363292 - 02/12/10 05:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Had to take this opportunity to show my Nirvana Ice.  I have a crush on her and want everybody to see why I like it.  Took a chance buying just one seed and this is what I got.  It has pretty tight internodal distance for being grown strictly under CFLs.  Wish I had some pics to share of it flowering, but it is next in line for the flower closet so it won't be long.  Yes, it had minor N burn a couple weeks ago, nothing major.  That's one way to find the threshold:shrug:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: dutc2006]
    #363958 - 02/14/10 11:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Damn that plant looks beautiful!  Nice job using CFL's :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #363969 - 02/14/10 12:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:

Honestly I bet a majority of the seed banks out there don't even put as much effort into breeding as they make you think. It seems like these companies that charge less for their strains actually have better strains than the ones you pay 5 times as much for but will never be considered "elite" people don't respect something as much when they don't have to shell out as much money for it.

What upsets me about all this - who know's how much work has gone into developing a new strian.  It's just too hard to find background information on certain strains.  yeah, they may tell you that it was crossed with this mom and dad but there's a ton of other information to consider too.  i hate how the shit is basically looked at as trade secrets.  When I start breeding I want to have EVERYTHING documented for the public to see.  that would be really nice if breeders had been doing that for 15 years now, but they haven't.  I would LOVE to know how big the selection pools were for all these different breeders out there and how many of them are simply pollen chuckers selling f2s as something premium.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #364093 - 02/14/10 02:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Inverted!

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #364137 - 02/14/10 04:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

FrozenReality said:

What upsets me about all this - who know's how much work has gone into developing a new strian.  It's just too hard to find background information on certain strains.  yeah, they may tell you that it was crossed with this mom and dad but there's a ton of other information to consider too.  i hate how the shit is basically looked at as trade secrets.  When I start breeding I want to have EVERYTHING documented for the public to see.  that would be really nice if breeders had been doing that for 15 years now, but they haven't.  I would LOVE to know how big the selection pools were for all these different breeders out there and how many of them are simply pollen chuckers selling f2s as something premium.

I completely agree. thats why I do as much research on a strain as possible before buying it. There is no reason to pay more than 60 for a strain. What people need to do is find some genetics they like and do various crosses to make themselves happy and not rely on shady "professional breeders" to do the work for them then charge 250 for a pack of 10 seeds that are probably no better than a 30-60 dollar pack. Genetics only do so much, its mostly about how they are grown.

I look at it like humans. The difference between a fat person and a muscular person is the way they were raised + their life styles + a little genetics.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #364839 - 02/15/10 05:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree, I have definitely found better genetics that are cheaper then the more expensive ones.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck