Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Fox]
    #351680 - 01/21/10 09:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
those look pretty frosty, not bad man!

Can't wait to see the Magash grow!

That was a 15 day premature hermie dude...  You gotta see my favorite 2 plants.  The purple haze is turning, well, purple and is knockout strong and the plant that looks most original "chrystal" looking.  (seeds were f1's that got contam'd with other pollen :nonono:)  It is mega dense and is much more mature.  The calyx's are swollen unlike that sample I took a picture of.  5 more days

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #351684 - 01/21/10 09:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

That was a 15 day premature hermie dude...

well... :crazy2:
still looks good!

It's great to see you're having a successful grow.

--------------------

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #351704 - 01/21/10 10:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Fox said:
those look pretty frosty, not bad man!

Can't wait to see the Magash grow!

That was a 15 day premature hermie dude...  You gotta see my favorite 2 plants.  The purple haze is turning, well, purple and is knockout strong and the plant that looks most original "chrystal" looking.  (seeds were f1's that got contam'd with other pollen :nonono:)

Did you mean F2s?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Fox]
    #351705 - 01/21/10 10:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you, I just wish I could share :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#351706 - 01/21/10 10:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No technically not because they were pollinated by some other strains, so that would make them a new cross.  Basically this grow was Chrstal x ?... :lol:  So yeah that's why it didn't turn out like I expected at all... oh well lesson learned, use better seeds next time, which I already have.  I can't wait to put the other batch under the HPS to veg under better light for a week and get used to that environment before It has to flower.

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#351711 - 01/21/10 10:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Magash sample :bigweed:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#351712 - 01/21/10 10:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well I mean they wouldn't be f2's unless you used the original parents if I understand correctly.  If you just take 2 seedlings from a pack of seeds and make seeds they aren't technically Chrystal f2's.  They are just NL x (NL x WW) f1's? :shrug:

Fox - You got it buddy

--------------------

OfflineSgt. Smoke
File up and smoke down!
Male

Loc: Classified
    #352026 - 01/22/10 06:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking fantastic! Great journal!

--------------------
L.O.B.

LEGION OF BUD

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Sgt. Smoke]
    #352372 - 01/23/10 03:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Why thank you!

And in return here are some more pics I took today cuz I was stoned and bored.

So close to ready.  I've been flushing and in natural daylight I can really see how close they are.  They are starting to get that flowering coloring going on.  I just want to get the more important plants under the better lighting so they can really explode.  I'd say 4 or so days and they come out and Magash's go in, plus the veg lighting for supplemental.  :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #352377 - 01/23/10 03:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

looking great man!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #352388 - 01/23/10 04:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good. Your really stepping it up. Cant wait to see the next round kickin.

Offlinedsotm
Male

#352751 - 01/24/10 05:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Nice looking buds!  Is that last pic the seeds from Magash?

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#352765 - 01/24/10 06:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

mmmmmmmmm :drooling:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: dsotm]
    #352851 - 01/24/10 11:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dsotm said:
Nice looking buds!  Is that last pic the seeds from Magash?

Yes sir.  :grin:  They are exploding so much.  They look good in that picture, but have probably grown another inch and a half since then, and the branching is going great.  I'm pretty proud of those, I've actually done it how I used to.  I was just lazy and getting back into it on this run, but those are going to be :awesome:  I worked on finishing the new grow box for a few hours tonight.  Built a frame to keep the door rigid and square.  Constructed simple light baffles for the 2 bottom passive intake vents and painted them flat black.  Gave the entire interior another (3rd) coat of Kilz 2 Sealer Primer.  I cut out the ceiling/roof panel out of plywood and gave it 3 coats of paint.  I might go out and mount it here shortly.  Shit's looking great at this point for that run.  The box everything is in now isn't sealed and just has 2 circulating fans.  It worked but was not ideal by any means.  I wanted to leave it like that through flowering to see if it really makes a difference in the next grow (Magash's Super Skunk x Bubba Kush), which is fully sealed and has a 133 cfm fan pulling the hot air out the top and sucking fresh cool air in the bottom and pulling it through the screen and plants. :yesnod:  I'm happy, i'm doing it right this go round

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#356365 - 02/01/10 11:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Alright well the last 2 plants came down out of necessity of space and time.

The more important Magash run was growing so huge that they needed to be put into flower, and at 65 days of 12/12 I had enough!  The plants looked like they could just keep growing and growing, but I don't have the time or space for that.  The smaller dense cola weighed in at 45.6 grams wet, and the larger more airy sativa bud weighed 51.2.  I expect them to lose 80% of that to accommodate for the larger stems.

I'm kinda out of it right now and don't really know what else to update you on, so ask me some questions and I'll try to answer.

From the looks of things, overall this run produced about 2 oz's.  Not very good in my books, but what do you expect, this was the first time I've flowered plants under artificial light!  I'm expecting to double that from now on since I feel like I have the hang of things and this setup.  There was a lot of upgrades and engineering on the fly, but that set me up for a good 2nd run.

Here's the 2 cola's from those plants.  The dense strain smells the best, and get's me by far the highest out of all of the ladies.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #356485 - 02/01/10 03:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

NICE buds man.

ok major newb question, i'm just more or less trying to clarify something.

the COLA is like main and largest bud right? that comes off of the main stem i believe?

can't wait to see what mags seeds do.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #356496 - 02/01/10 04:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You got it.  There is a main cola and auxiliary colas.

If you LST a plant hardcore there will be no definite main (Terminal) tip, and the hormones will be equally divided among all of the lower branches (Auxiliary), thus having not just one large bud and a bunch of smaller buds; but an even canopy of equal sized colas.

If that all makes sense to you.  I didn't LST mine as much as I could have, because I didn't keep the main tip lower than the auxiliary and it is still thriving as the dominant growth tip, although the lower growth did receive a noticeable boost.  I am swapping out the old cab w/ the new and improved one right now and when I get all the plants in there and situated the way I want them to stay, I'll lower the screen onto the mounts I just installed an start weaving growth tips throughout the screen.  Hopefully I can fill the whole screen in maximizing my lighting and essentially yields.

:thumbup:  If any of you take the time to read my ramblings, I just hope I can get through to some people and possibly help :shrug:

Let me know if my logic seems off

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #356497 - 02/01/10 04:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

HST!!!!! FUCK LST!!!!!! :flyhigh:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #356499 - 02/01/10 04:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

oh no, that made perfect sense to me. thanks for helping me out.

do you plan on taking pics of after you set the scrog up? i mean i'm sure you do, but could you do me a favor and get some good close ups of exactly how you tied the to the screen and where you tied them at and everything? i've got a few questions about that too that good pics could answer for me.

i'm trying to get all facts down before i start so i've pretty much got it all planned out in my head of how i want to do it when i do get to do it. as far as scrogging and lst and all that. you've helped me out a lot so far whether or not you know it and i do appreciate it man.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #356507 - 02/01/10 04:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome, that is my goal with these journals!  :thumbup:

I dont know if you saw but check out my Magash grow journal and I just did a transplanting tek for soil if you ever go that route.  It's a great method that has increased overall growth for me tremendously.

I'll help you anytime, I like doing it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale