Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Skunk Train - 600w HPS - Coco/Perlite - 11 Females - All Aboard
    #353539 - 01/26/10 03:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Specifics:
3x Sleestack x Skunk (1 female)
3x Kushberry x Skunk (2 females)
3x Kandy Kush x Skunk (3 females)
3x LA Confidential x Skunk (3 females)
2x OG #18 x Skunk (2 females)
600w Lumatek HPS
60/40 Coco/Perlite @ 5.8-6.0
6" -> 3 Gallon Pots
Hand watered every 1-3 days

14 Viable Beans, 11 Females

Nutrients:
Canna Coco A+B
AN Bud Blood (First week of flowering)
Snow Storm Ultra (Late addition to this grow)
Canna PK 13/14
AN Overdrive (Last two weeks of flowering)
Canna Rhizotonic
Canna Cannazym

(I no longer use big bud)

Strain Details:
Sleestack (Shrom x Martian Mean Green)
70% Sativa - 30% Indica
Flowering Time: 9 Weeks
Description: "This strain brings two of our favorite strains together. Shrom is a cutting that we got a few years ago from Northern California. The Shrom yields and tastes great. We love this strain because of its fuel/haze taste. Crossing this clone to the MMG male was a very easy decision because the MMG has always put something special into whatever we cross him to! The SleeStack will not grow tall like the Schrom and will not take as long either. She is a shorter, stout plant that packs on the weight after the 5th week. The buds on this plant are frosty with resin. If you?re looking for the plant to make your Concentrate out of, look no further. This strain has high resin content that will make your Concentrate stand out! With the flavor of the Martian Mean Green and the yields of the Shrom, this is the perfect mix of two legendary strains."

OG #18 (Chem Dawg x OG Chem)
Hybrid (Unknown %)
Flowering Time: 9 Weeks
Description: "Out of 40 Plants we had one exception plant "PLANT #18". She is more Sour tasting than OG – and has better yields than the OG. She took the yield and fuely taste of the Chem Dawg with the OG Chem power."

Kushberry (OG Kush x Blueberry)
70% Indica - 30% Sativa
Flowering Time: 8-9 Weeks
Description: "The Blueberry male from Oregon was used for his taste and vigour in combination with the zesty, lemon taste of the OG Kush from LA. The Kushberry is a shorter, stockier plant that produces a good yield. The exotic flavour doesn't rival her strength, she is one of our strongest strains. The DNA Genetic Kushberry is very good for medicinal use, helping with pain relief as well as eating and sleeping disorders."

Kandy Kush (OG Kush x Train Wreck)
Indica Dominant (Unknown %)
Flowering Time: 9-10 Weeks
Description: "These Kandy Kush Cannabis Seeds mix the classic stretch of the OG Kush that bulks up and fills out like the TW to give you OG flavor and TW nugs. Once again we bring the medicinal benefits and the great taste of the OG Kush and crossed it to classic Cali. Train Wreck strain - known for it's good commercial yields, frostiness and lemony scents. The sweetness of this Kush hybrid is comparable to kandy and after one hit you will keep coming back for more!! Heavy crystal production comes on after the 5th week but dose not stop producing! One of the most resinous plants in our cataloge. True California flavor."

LA Confidential (OG Kush x Unknown Afghani)
Mostly Indica
Flowering Time: 7-8 Weeks
Description: "The LA Confidential Cannabis Seeds are great for medicinal use as they relieve pain and help insomnia. For the everyday user, the high of this herb is psychedelic and energetic, with a hammer. This girl is a heavy eater. There are two real phenotypes of the Confidential and they will both finish in 45-56 days. One is a bit more hardy, but both equal in knock down drag out stone. Preveg'ing is advised to maximise the yield."

Skunk #1 (Afghani Indica x Mexican Sativa x Colombian Sativa)
Skunk No. 1 was the first true stabilized hybrid to enter the Dutch Cannabis greenhouses. Sacred Seeds created it in the late 1970s from Afghani Indica, "Acapulco Gold" Mexican Sativa and Columbian Gold Sativa. For the first time this strain provided growers with the good taste and high of a sativa coupled with the quick heavy flowering of an indica. Having been successfully stabilized, Skunk No. 1 has been widely used as a breeding parent for most of today’s leading "skunk" and many other strains. It is very easy to grow and has always been seen as a standard against which others can be measured. It produces dense buds varying in colour from light green to golden with a very high yield. It is easy to manicure due to its high bud-to-leaf ratio. It has a sweet smell and taste with a cerebral high.

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/13/10 11:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Growlog Pictures [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #353541 - 01/26/10 03:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

24/0 Pictures

12/12 Pictures

Harvest Pictures

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (06/16/10 09:04 AM)

OfflineTomCollins

Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #353544 - 01/26/10 03:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:highfive: Awesome!

I take it your a fan of skunk? :crazy2:

Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: TomCollins]
    #353587 - 01/26/10 04:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking forward to seeing that kushberry.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Triptonic]
    #353616 - 01/26/10 05:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It'll be nice to see this grow.  I've got some LA Conf x Skunk going right now as well.  Soon as some roots pop out from the clones I'll be flowering them.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: coda]
    #353643 - 01/26/10 06:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:popcorn:

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#353646 - 01/26/10 06:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Its a skunk fiesta! Ole

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: NightGrower]
    #353740 - 01/26/10 08:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The start of another great grow  :bestbud:

Looking forward to watching them grow.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Snurry]
    #355063 - 01/29/10 07:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

- 1/29

I've had these in my flowering tent going 12/12 from seed, but I'm going to 24/0 tomorrow until they are ready to flower. You can see there is a midget on the right, it sprouted a couple days late and is healthy but short. Thats a kushberry, which are supposed to be short, but damn. The OG #18 and Sleestack are standing out in terms of growth so far. That OG #18 at the top left is going to be the shit, I can just tell.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (01/29/10 07:45 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #355071 - 01/29/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good.  The LA Conf I have running is looking pretty sweet in veg.  Took the top well and is getting bushy.

I hope the others that took advantage of the attitudes offer put up some logs.  It would be nice to compare and check out the different phenos the seeds throw off.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #356367 - 02/01/10 11:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
I hope the others that took advantage of the attitudes offer put up some logs.  It would be nice to compare and check out the different phenos the seeds throw off.

Yeah, especially since these are "unreleased" strains and we have no info about the male skunk. I'm not only looking forward to seeing different phenos but similar phenos grown in totally different conditions, i.e. different mediums with different nutes under different lights.

I switched to 24/0 yesterday and they were perked up by this morning. In the next few days I'm hoping to see more unique characteristics emerge from the different strains, they all look surprisingly similar at this point.

- 2/1
- 2/1

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #356376 - 02/01/10 11:50 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

206 said:
and we have no info about the male skunk.

When I ordered my set of these freebies I watched the video on the Attitude about the deal, and they mentioned that the male was the 30 year old Skunk male from Holland.  Thus, from the age I am assuming it is a Skunk #1 male, originally an Afghani X Colombian X Thai.  It is a sativa dominant plant, tall, strong, and very vigorous, and great for a male breeder. 

I am anxious to get mine started but have a full garden and no space, so I can't wait to see how these turn out.  Looking good!

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: dutc2006]
    #356379 - 02/01/10 12:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Oh shit son. How did I overlook this? Can't wait to see how this is going to turn out. Makes me wish they grew a little faster. :popcorn:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #356577 - 02/01/10 08:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dutc2006 said:When I ordered my set of these freebies I watched the video on the Attitude about the deal, and they mentioned that the male was the 30 year old Skunk male from Holland.  Thus, from the age I am assuming it is a Skunk #1 male, originally an Afghani X Colombian X Thai.  It is a sativa dominant plant, tall, strong, and very vigorous, and great for a male breeder. 

I am anxious to get mine started but have a full garden and no space, so I can't wait to see how these turn out.  Looking good!

Thanks, that is really helpful info. Start a journal when yours are ready :smile:

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
Oh shit son. How did I overlook this? Can't wait to see how this is going to turn out. Makes me wish they grew a little faster. :popcorn:

Thanks Bro. I have high hopes for this crop.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/01/10 08:10 PM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #357165 - 02/03/10 10:34 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Picture update! In a few days I will begin labeling the pics so you guys can see which strain is which.

I'm surprised how well these are doing actually. I had to use a bag of miracle grow perlite instead of my usual big chunk, but soaking it for a couple days must have leeched the nutes out. It still looks like shit but the top layer is deceiving, there is a lot of coir under there.

--------------------
|

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #357236 - 02/03/10 02:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've been very anxious to see all of these to fruition.  I'm glad there are multiple simultaneous grows going on with these batch of seeds.  I want to see the variety of offspring :laugh:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Inverted]
    #357990 - 02/05/10 11:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've added some new pictures along with labels. I'm feeding about 300ppm of coco a+b along with rhizotonic, no runoff.

My favorites at this point are Sleestack (2nd pic) and OG #18, but I'm sure that will change multiple times before harvest. Also the midget I thought was kushberry is actually kandy kush, I must have been high when I wrote that earlier.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/05/10 11:31 AM)

Offlinegerome
Stranger
    #358233 - 02/05/10 09:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good.  Me loves some skunkies.

How often do you water and what is the strength of the nutrients in this stage?  I am liking the looks of coco and will be experimenting soon.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: gerome]
    #358257 - 02/05/10 11:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gerome said:How often do you water and what is the strength of the nutrients in this stage?  I am liking the looks of coco and will be experimenting soon.

I water those little pots about every 3-4 days, with no runoff. LEDs don't generate much heat, so the transpiration rate is incredibly low.

Coco is the shit man, it has all the convenience of soil but is actually a hydroponic medium. We need more coco grows on the growery too. One thing some people might not know...its also dirt fucking cheap to grow in coco. You can run 3-4 complete crops with $30 of canna nutes. You can also clone in coco, I ditched my aero cloner because its just too damn easy. Do it! :smile:

--------------------
|

OfflineTomCollins

#358310 - 02/06/10 02:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

206 said:My favorites at this point are Sleestack (2nd pic)

Do you also have one called Dr. Rick Marshall? :lmafo:

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineTomCollins

#358311 - 02/06/10 02:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: TomCollins]
    #358343 - 02/06/10 05:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Great setup dude i'll be following this thread for sure :wink: :popcorn:  :bonghit:

--------------------

Offlinegerome
Stranger
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #358358 - 02/06/10 08:10 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Cool Greenthumb, I am going to try the coco in an ebb and flow.  I have a friend who is getting incredible growth with his using FloraNova nutes, but I think he is having a Magnesium deficiency.  He has slightly twisted leaves as well as curls upward on the middle edges of the leaves on middle to lower branches.  He has increased his nutes from 0.7 EC to 1.4 EC.  They are now 3 weeks old.

Any thoughts if that is indeed a Mg def. and if so how to correct?

Thanks man, yours are looking perfect.  I will start a journal in about a week or so to show you my first try at coco.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: gerome]
    #358375 - 02/06/10 10:05 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

Then, I hit Popeye's, Del Taco. 14,000 calories later, I found myself down at Subway... powering through a 12 inch veggie on whole wheat babbling to a cut-out of Jared. Still didn't give me the strength to turn that thing on. I'm a coward.

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
Great setup dude i'll be following this thread for sure :wink: :popcorn:  :bonghit:

Thanks man!

Quote:

gerome said:
Cool Greenthumb, I am going to try the coco in an ebb and flow.  I have a friend who is getting incredible growth with his using FloraNova nutes, but I think he is having a Magnesium deficiency.  He has slightly twisted leaves as well as curls upward on the middle edges of the leaves on middle to lower branches.  He has increased his nutes from 0.7 EC to 1.4 EC.  They are now 3 weeks old.

Any thoughts if that is indeed a Mg def. and if so how to correct?

Sounds like it could be mg deficiency, or toxic salt buildup. FloraNova nutes are not tailored for coco, so he should be feeding straight ph'd water once every 6~ feedings or so to flush some of the salt buildup. You could start a thread about it in the diagnosis forum for more opinions or try to get a pic.

I'll have some more pics tomorrow or monday. Have a good weekend everybody.

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #359955 - 02/08/10 12:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

What a superbowl, I haven't been this hungover in a long time.

Its about to get crowded in the veg tent, these should bush out like crazy this week. Thankfully the different strains are really starting to stand out, check out LA Confidential (2nd pic) compared to Sleestack (3rd pic) for example.

--------------------
|

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#360065 - 02/08/10 03:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

Everything looks textbook so far.  They are really going to take off now that they've got some nice solar panels goin'.  You know that though :wink:

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#360245 - 02/08/10 07:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

verry pretty seedlings :smile: hopefully i'll get a new sig pic off this grow :P

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #361536 - 02/10/10 10:05 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks guys, here are some new pics:

I'm going to start thinning the herd down to 10-12 this week, starting with the LA Conf at the bottom left which developed a leaf mutation. Feeding @ 450ppm now.  :peace:

--------------------
|

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #361633 - 02/10/10 02:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Very nice sir!

I think it is remarkable how similar they all look.  None of them yet look to have any semblance of a sativa father.  The width and length of the leaves appear almost identical to me from the pics.

Looks like you have plenty of keepers there!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #362216 - 02/11/10 10:45 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dutc2006 said:I think it is remarkable how similar they all look.  None of them yet look to have any semblance of a sativa father.  The width and length of the leaves appear almost identical to me from the pics.

Yeah, its funny how you can see afghani traits from the father in all of them though. Its almost like they were crossed with super skunk instead of skunk #1, not that I would mind if they were.

I didn't expect to be doing daily updates but I just removed a LA Conf and Kandy Kush bringing the total down to 12:

--------------------
|

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #362904 - 02/11/10 11:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

What's with the jars of perlite? Are those in there to help raise the humidity?

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Ojom]
    #363002 - 02/12/10 06:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:yesnod:

hell yeah

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Ojom]
    #363034 - 02/12/10 08:42 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ojom said:
What's with the jars of perlite? Are those in there to help raise the humidity?

You got it, I picked that up from the shroomery actually. I also started adding 2 tablespoons of neem and a shitload of dish soap to each jar, it helped solve the fungus gnat problem I've had since switching to coco. Layering 1+" of perlite on top of the coir was also a big help which someone here recommended.

More pics this weekend! I've decided to just flower the ones I cull out and see what I get, can't axe these it doesn't feel right.

--------------------
|

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #363234 - 02/12/10 03:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Good call!  :thumbup:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #364833 - 02/15/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Picture update! I've narrowed the breeding/cloning pool from 14 down to 8:

3x Kushberry
2x OG18
2x Sleestack
1x LA Confidential
(The Kandy Kush in the picture off to the right is now gone)

The last feeding was 525ppm a couple days ago, which might have been too conservative as they seem to be lacking N. I'm starting a ton of peppers this week so I might not be updating as often.  :peace:

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/15/10 04:55 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #364908 - 02/15/10 07:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So what's your criteria on culling your plants?

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #364987 - 02/15/10 09:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

those plants are juuuuusssst beautiful!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #365004 - 02/15/10 10:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #365056 - 02/16/10 12:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

coda said:

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

Thanks!

If a plant matches 2 or more of the following criteria it is culled:

Loose internode distance (also too much vertical/horizontal stretch)
Uneven or stunted growth (i.e. canopy fills in then growth stalls while lower nodes catch up. I want the entire plant growing up and out simultaneously as often as possible)
Pest and mold susceptibility
General lack of vigor (We all want strong, healthy, fast growing plants right?)

I'm pleased enough with these eight that part of me wants to just open-pollinate them, regardless of female/male ratio. I could lock in an enormous amount of great DNA up front this way, then start a real breeding program with the offspring. The alternative is making 1:1 crosses, but with such a small initial gene pool I would be crossing and back-crossing for years until I felt comfortable that I had excellent whatever x skunk.

What would you do in my shoes here?

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/16/10 12:48 AM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #366292 - 02/17/10 04:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

They are coming along, here is a new pic:

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #366318 - 02/17/10 04:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking very nice, you're what 22-23 days into veg now?

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #366477 - 02/17/10 05:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah this is day 23 of veg under 120w LED.

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #366816 - 02/17/10 08:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, i was gonna post up a pic of my LA Conf x Skunk, but it looks like the only picture I have in your time frame is from when they were topped around day 29 lol.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #367269 - 02/18/10 11:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A few plants were showing signs of cal/mag deficiency this morning. I know this is a common deficiency when growing in coco, but its the first time I'm seeing it. I plan on feeding a double dose of calmag+ and cannazym + rhizo while backing off on A+B nutes, about 700ppm total with 300 coming from the calmag.

Quote:

coda said:
well, i was gonna post up a pic of my LA Conf x Skunk, but it looks like the only picture I have in your time frame is from when they were topped around day 29 lol.

Doh, well I'm probably going to leave mine un-topped and seeded, so they probably won't look like relatives anyways :smile:

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #368095 - 02/19/10 11:25 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I clipped the two lowest nodes on each plant today, they are about to explode with new growth and I want it to be vertical.

The 8 chosen ones (day 25 veg):

The 6 outcasts (7< days flowering):
I might have made a mistake with the LA Conf on the bottom right, if it turns out to be a male I will save the pollen.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/19/10 11:31 AM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #369382 - 02/21/10 02:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

They are looking much healthier after the calmag feeding:

I'm going to transplant them to 3-gallon pots this week and will begin flowering as soon as my last G13 Haze crop finishes:

--------------------
|

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#369430 - 02/21/10 03:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome pictures.  I like the tent shot.  Very clean and organized.

I just germinated a few of the G13 Haze x Mango's.  They were very vigorous and quick to get out of the seed shell.  I'm stoked to see what happens with that cross.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #369571 - 02/21/10 05:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Awesome pictures.  I like the tent shot.  Very clean and organized.

Thanks bro. That greenhouse frame + 55w led is working out really nicely, I want to surround the 600w with them stadium style for maximum efficiency. I waste so much HPS light right now off on the sides its not even funny, but I'm trying to be better.

Quote:

Inverted said:
I just germinated a few of the G13 Haze x Mango's.  They were very vigorous and quick to get out of the seed shell.  I'm stoked to see what happens with that cross.

Nice! Can't wait to see those grow up.

--------------------
|

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #370216 - 02/22/10 02:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Those are looking spot on I'm digging it.  You can start to see nuances of differences in leaf shape and whatnot now.  Eager to see what you will have in a couple weeks.  I will stay tuned in.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #370235 - 02/22/10 04:58 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Them new ones are looking mighty fine if you ask me. Can't wait to see this progress.

Thank You for the advice in my other thread. I think that just might be the answer that I was looking for.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #373536 - 02/25/10 06:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Picture update. It has been an interesting few days...

The Sleestack x Skunk has way more sativa in it than I realized. What I first thought was ca/mg deficiency was actually N toxicity and I should have caught that earlier looking back at pictures. I'll have to feed them @ 50% for a while and always on a separate nute regimen from the other strains.

I've also developed a shitload of algae on my 1" perlite layer. I know its not doing any harm but I'm perplexed as to how it happened...I'm fucking OCD when it comes to keeping trays dry, never over-watering, etc. First and last experiment topping pots with perlite, man.

I put another Kushberry and OG #18 into flowering, so the mom/dad pool is now down to 6:

I should be able to sex most of these soon:

--------------------
|

Offlinethe man

#373803 - 02/25/10 11:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

add a few drops of Peroxide to your water. might help with the algae :smile:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: the man]
    #374003 - 02/26/10 09:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the man said:
add a few drops of Peroxide to your water. might help with the algae :smile:

I would if I was in a proper hydro setup and had algae in the res, but this stuff will be gone in a couple days when I transplant. It just annoys me really. Also since peroxide doesn't discriminate, it kills the beneficial as well as the harmful micro-organisms. I pay too much for my rhizo to do that right now :smile:

Hydrogen peroxide also *causes* cancer when added to cigarettes, another reason I keep it away from my crop. I'm not lying: http://www.physorg.com/news123408747.html

--------------------
|

Offlinethe man

#374626 - 02/27/10 01:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hmm interesting!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #374640 - 02/27/10 02:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Updated pics.

Top Left: OG #18 x Skunk
Bottom Left: LA Confidential x Skunk
Top Middle: Kushberry x Skunk
Bottom Middle: Kushberry x Skunk
Top Right: Sleestack x Skunk
Bottom Right: Sleestack x Skunk

I'm using a single 120w LED kept 20-22 inches above the canopy. It took me a long time to find this LED's sweet spot, and I really had to abandon CFL/HID best practices to do it. Conventional wisdom would tell you to hang LEDs as close to the canopy as possible, which is fucking close since they generate very little heat, but 20" keeps tighter internodes and just plain outgrows 2". It must have something to do with LEDs bulbs being so directional + the different color spectrums needing space to meld or something.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/27/10 02:15 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #374702 - 02/27/10 04:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good man.  I've noticed that the LA's can take it pretty heavy, and after the last dose of nutes I've given to the KB's, I'm pretty sure they can handle a good amount of food as well.  Can't wait to see the flowering results :smile:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #374779 - 02/27/10 06:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Looking good man.  I've noticed that the LA's can take it pretty heavy, and after the last dose of nutes I've given to the KB's, I'm pretty sure they can handle a good amount of food as well.  Can't wait to see the flowering results :smile:

Thanks. Yours are looking great too, don't know if I posted in your thread lately but I've been following and saw the new pics today.

I've noticed the same thing with the KB, but wasn't sure about the LA so thanks that is a big help. Don't know if you saw my note about Sleestack but that is very nute sensitive, even for a sativa dom.

I fed a mild 300ppm A/B + rhizo + double dose of cannazym after potting up today. Going to re-pot the Sleestack tomorrow and top them all off with more hydroton (I ran out).

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #374810 - 02/27/10 07:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the tip about the sleestack's.  That's the strain I'll be growing next so I'll be keeping that in mind.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #376740 - 03/02/10 09:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I made some changes to my flowering tent this weekend. I always check out the storage racks at home depot and this time they had a new model that immediately caught my eye. Like I was saying last week I want to do a tiered stadium style layout but the $20 greenhouse frames were not going to cut it. If you've read my previous grows you know my tent frame sags pretty badly. Well there was a 3" gap between the top of this new storage rack and the top of my tent, so I wedged some bricks of coir in there and the tent is totally stable again. I was also able to get my carbon filter off the ground (I hated that) and eliminate two bends in the ducting, a major odor/ventilation improvement.

The layout still needs some tweaking and I need a couple more shelves, but it should be a badass tent when its done.

Right: G13 Haze on right
Front Left: Various x Skunk outcasts
Back Left: Early Jalapenos & Banana Peppers

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #377471 - 03/02/10 10:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Pics always turn out shitty when the lamp is on but I keep on taking them and keep on posting them, it must be the wake and bakes. Here is a proper pic:

So out of the 8 skunk plants on the left that didn't meet my breeding criteria, 7 are confirmed females, haha. I've trimmed 4-5 nodes off the bottom of each since I want some big sog colas and plan to flower in the small pots.

And I know its a skunk grow so I apologize in advance for the wide angle shots, but those are my last G13 Haze plants ever and I feel like showing them off :smile:

More shots of the veg plants tomorrow.

--------------------
|

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

#377599 - 03/03/10 06:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:crazy2:
look so good

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Ben18]
    #377987 - 03/03/10 06:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

so you're not keeping a mom of any of your skunks?

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #378033 - 03/03/10 07:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
so you're not keeping a mom of any of your skunks?

I'm not, but I took 4 clones from each of the 6 plants that are still vegging. After flowering, I'll turn the best clones of the best strains into my new moms and dads. I still plan on seeding the best females too, then either selectively inbreeding the progency or back-crossing to said moms/dads. It all really depends on how many males I get and from what strains.

Are you as impressed with the genetics as I am so far? I should have the rest in 12/12 next week.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/03/10 07:47 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #378106 - 03/03/10 09:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So far so good, out of the 6 I've only had one with leaf deformations.  The rest have been pretty uniform.  Only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of any skunk odor on the flowering plant.  I sort of smell this citrusy scent now, but it's really light and you have to get up right next to the bud.  You would think that at over a month old there would be some strong odor coming from the plant lol.  Other then that I'm totally digging these beans, not bad for 15 bucks :smile:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #378342 - 03/04/10 11:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Picture update and some random observations:

Sleestack x Skunk has two different phenos. One is very sativa dominant and one is slightly indica/afghan dominant. Other skunk train grows I read around the net seem to back this up too.

The LA Conf is much shorter than it looks...almost too short.

They haven't been watered in 5 days, that is just new hydroton. The transpiration rate is so low with LEDs they can usually go 7-8 days in the big pots even in coco.

My veg tent will almost, but not quite, hold three drain trays. Damnit.

:peace:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/04/10 11:06 AM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #378731 - 03/05/10 09:08 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I was re-reading the journal today and have to admit it jumps around a lot and is kind of hard to follow. Since we're on page 4 and you might not want to re-read everything here is a quick re-cap:

14 seeds
7 confirmed females (You'll meet them in a second)
1 confirmed male (Kushberry, got the chop)
6 still vegging (Check my previous post)

Here are the first individual pics of the 7 females, so you can get a clearer look:

LA Confidential x Skunk #1
OG #18 x Skunk #1
Kandy Kush x Skunk #1
Kandy Kush x Skunk #1
Kandy Kush x Skunk #1
LA Confidential x Skunk #1
Sleestack x Skunk #1

These receive side-lighting from the 600w and also sit under a 55w LED (0.5w bulbs, unlike the 1w bulbs in my veg lamp).

Amazing how much they variate now...

--------------------
|

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #378841 - 03/05/10 04:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow two of those Kandy Kush Xs look totally different.  Cool stuff and good pics.  And those LA Confidentials remind me of my Strawberry Cough with those leaves on long stems.  I would expect those to take up a lot of surface area in the grow room, and be stretchers like my SC does.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #378849 - 03/05/10 05:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, you can keep that LA pretty bushy.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #378920 - 03/05/10 09:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice looking plant there.  Nice use of topping.  It looks pretty similar to my SC when it was vegging.  I meant stretching more in the first weeks of flower, rather than the growth stage.  Do the internodes stay relatively short when you flower it as well?

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #378944 - 03/05/10 11:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Are you talking about Coda's plant? I haven't topped any of mine.

--------------------
|

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #378954 - 03/05/10 11:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, I was talking about coda's.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #378969 - 03/06/10 01:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Do the internodes stay relatively short when you flower it as well?

Couldn't really tell you, the one girl I have flowering right now went straight from the clone closet to flowering.  So she was pretty short and the stretching was minimal.  Check out my growlog for pics if you want.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #380753 - 03/09/10 03:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There have been some major changes in this grow:

I've moved two more of the veg plants into flowering (1x sleestack and 1x kushberry) leaving 4 plants in veg.

Also, I've had an autopot setup kicking around forever now and finally decided to put it to use. I never liked their 2gal pots but it never occurred to me until today that my regular 3gal white pots might actually fit. Well shit, they fit perfectly! I've checked out a lot of autopot grows and haven't seen anybody else doing this, but I'm sure people would if they knew about it.

I dropped the 4 remaining veg plants right in to the autopots @ PH 5.9 & EC 1.4:

Top Left: Kushberry x Skunk #1
Top Right: OG #18 x Skunk #1
Bottom Left: LA Confidential x Skunk #1
Bottom Right: Sleestack x Skunk #1

I really have no idea what to expect from these, but I kind of like them.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/09/10 03:43 PM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #383121 - 03/13/10 07:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

- 4 in veg. They're in the same places as my last post but some have been rotated. They seem to like the autopots so far, the OG18 at the top right has EXPLODED and the others have done ok. I really like the autopots in the veg tent though, so I'm going to pull these back out and handwater during flowering.

- 9 in flower (7 females in small pots around the middle, 2 unconfirmed in large pots at the top middle)

This grow is starting to get fun.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/13/10 07:33 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #383555 - 03/14/10 02:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good, the sleestack looks a little hungry.  The OG18 is looking bad ass though, can't wait to see the buds on that one.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #383920 - 03/15/10 08:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Looking good, the sleestack looks a little hungry.

Yeah, the autopots are great but not meant for multiple strains IMO. The sleestack x skunks are by far the most nute sensitive of the bunch too, from sativa dom and N burning easily, to that one which is indica dom and seems to be K hungry. I'm curious if you're going to notice the same thing when you run the sleestacks.

Quote:

coda said:
The OG18 is looking bad ass though, can't wait to see the buds on that one.

Yeah! I'm very excited for this one.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/15/10 08:50 AM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#384285 - 03/15/10 08:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What do you mean when you refer to Autopots.  I've never run across this term before.  Are you letting the containers sit in a reservoir that they bottom feed the medium allowing you to "Auto-Grow"?

I'm just hypothesizing... Looks great though.  I always think "man I like how clean the setup is".

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #384556 - 03/16/10 09:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
What do you mean when you refer to Autopots.  I've never run across this term before.  Are you letting the containers sit in a reservoir that they bottom feed the medium allowing you to "Auto-Grow"?

Its just the brand name of a pre-assembled version of what you describe. You could DIY the same thing for 1/4 of the price, but they are *extremely* well made. They also have hands down the most simple yet innovative pump design I have seen, the smartvalve.

Quote:

Inverted said:
I'm just hypothesizing... Looks great though.  I always think "man I like how clean the setup is".

Thanks man, that means a lot. You already know I feel the same about your setup.

I just moved the last 4 plants into 12/12. It won't be long now :smile:

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #385302 - 03/17/10 10:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Here is the first skunk family portrait since Feb 11th:

Notes:

At this point I'm expecting 12-13 females from 14 seeds, which is ironic since I was genuinely hoping for a 50/50 split. So cannagods, if you're listening, please make that OG18 turn out male.

I don't know what day of 12/12 any of the small-pot plants are on. I know a few of them are 7-10 days behind the rest though.

The three tallest plants are kandy kush, including that one in the back I was 99% sure was going to be male. I have to supercrop that one today actually.

All of them have been lollipopped.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/17/10 02:17 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #385487 - 03/17/10 04:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

All of them have been lollipopped.

Definitely not familiar with this term, care to explain?

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #385517 - 03/17/10 05:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Its a term I've been hearing more and more for removing all branches on the lower 1/2 - 1/3 of the plant giving it a lollipop-like appearance.

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #385610 - 03/17/10 08:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yah, that's what I thought you meant.  Just never heard the term before :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #385947 - 03/18/10 04:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This "lollipopping" definitely seems to be the trend here on this site.  I was wondering if anybody ever did any side by side tests with it, one plant lollipopped and the other not to see the effect on yield.  I use the small lower popcorn buds for hash or butter, or to reveg the plant after harvest, that is the only reason I never have tried it.  I can appreciate the logic behind doing it, and was wondering if the yields actually improve, because I could be convinced to try it on some plants.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #386111 - 03/18/10 06:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't done a side-by-side, but I have done consecutive grows where the only thing I changed was not trimming -> trimming. The difference in yield was negligible, but the buds on the trimmed plant were bigger. If you top/fim your plants like I do, it allows you to get some of that mass back in your buds. The way I look at it is since the upper buds are closer to the light and less likely to be shaded, it must be at least partially beneficial to concentrate your bud volume there as opposed to down lower. Not everybody likes to chop or hst though and I understand that. There is one major benefit of lollipopping and that is increased airflow around the root zone. Reading about that is what finally tipped the scales for me.

--------------------
|

Offlinethe man

#386224 - 03/18/10 07:15 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Looking good, the sleestack looks a little hungry.  The OG18 is looking bad ass though, can't wait to see the buds on that one.

ya it actually won an award that cross. go figure. sort of weird to keep a cross name for a cup entry is it not?

lookin great man. i had soem Kandy in the dam and i really liked it although i did not find it that strong, but nothing i tried there seemed to be killer just really pleasant all around though. could be i was just taking in everything and over stimulated.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #386423 - 03/18/10 10:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OG #18 x Skunk from DNA has not win any awards that I'm aware of. Riserva Privada won some award for OG #18 this year, maybe thats what you're thinking of? This is why I call OG #18 x Skunk a cross though, because by all accounts these 5 strains are one-time crosses.

--------------------
|

Offlinethe man

#386730 - 03/19/10 10:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ya this cross did. the indica cup!!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #386740 - 03/19/10 10:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the man said:
ya this cross did. the indica cup!!

You've got bad info man, likely from RIU. Reserva Privada's OG #18 took 2nd in this year's indica cup.

DNA hasn't even "officially" released these crosses yet. As far as I know the only people with them got them from the special offer @ the 'tude.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/19/10 10:59 AM)

Offlinethe man

#386832 - 03/19/10 12:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yea i know didnt make sense to have a cross as an entry name. yea you are right! i got my info from the attitude website on the homepage which is incorrect. my bad! never believe what you read on the interwebz. haha

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #388165 - 03/22/10 09:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I had to upload this one. When the exposure started it was pitch-black but the HPS turned on and it came out looking crazy at the top-left.

Trees of the PNW

LA Conf x Skunk will be great for sog.

Kushberry x Skunk will be great for

OG #18 x Skunk will be great for

Kandy Kush x Skunk getting its bud on.

Interesting leaf mutation on Kushberry x Skunk...7th & 8th fingers are melded together.

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #389098 - 03/23/10 10:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Two confirmed males today and both were Sleestack x Skunk. I'll be collecting pollen from both but only plan on using the indica-dominant for breeding.

Three confirmed females today also, LA Conf x Skunk and two Kushberry x Skunk. My favorite plant OG #18 is the last one to show sex but I'm confident it will be female. Its clones rooted 2 days before any other plant and are the most vigorous, so unless the buds are really underwhelming this is going to be a keeper.

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #389226 - 03/24/10 09:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Updated pic w/ labels. OG #18 is a female leaving me with 11 females and 3 males from 14 seeds. I suspect 24/0 & LEDs during veg have something to do with the ratio (as usual) but have no way of proving it. Either way hats off to DNA for taking a risk on the freebies and winning my future business.

The lollipops on the left are going to fill in single-cola just like I was hoping.

All of the labeled plants are going to be seeded by sleestack x skunk, but I decided against open pollination. At least 8-12 branches from each plant will be seeded though, so it will significantly impact bud development. Those 5 make a great looking family.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/24/10 09:53 AM)

Offlinemoogles
    #389339 - 03/24/10 02:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Props 206, kind of interesting that we are from the same area and I lost my freebie pack from DNA..

I blame you, thief!

Just kidding. Nice lollipops!

I am most interested in the OG18, hope she fills out for you!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: moogles]
    #389779 - 03/25/10 10:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks man. Did they ever make it up to you? I've never had a problem ordering from the tude, but I always get t-shirts fwiw.

--------------------
|

Offlinemoogles
    #389805 - 03/25/10 11:11 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I got the T shirt, and the beans.

But they are no longer in my possession.

I could elaborate at a later time.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#389891 - 03/25/10 01:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow man trucking along perfectly.  I really have a fondness for your setup for some reason :shrug:

It's like a grow-crush.  Heh anyways the G13/Haze x Mango's are doing alright.  Sloooooooow veggers though, and very thin roots...?  I hope I get a girl I can make a momma.  The 2 I have are 1/2 the size of the last 2 SS x BK I germinated at the same time, I can't wait to see how huge they get outdoors, I have clones from those plants vegging already for outdoors this year so I am going to have some 9-10 ft bushes this summer, I love the sun!  :sunny:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #391855 - 03/28/10 10:01 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Well the tops were getting within 4-6" of the 600w today and showing light damage so I had to lower the shelves. Another thing I put off and put off for too long and got me. Anyways here is a new shot, the lollipops should have better light coverage now:

It will be 5-7 days before I update. Should look real nice!

Quote:

Inverted said:
Heh anyways the G13/Haze x Mango's are doing alright.  Sloooooooow veggers though, and very thin roots...?  I hope I get a girl I can make a momma.  The 2 I have are 1/2 the size of the last 2 SS x BK I germinated at the same time, I can't wait to see how huge they get outdoors, I have clones from those plants vegging already for outdoors this year so I am going to have some 9-10 ft bushes this summer, I love the sun!  :sunny:

Yeah sorry man. I was disappointed with the ones I grew out for the same reasons...slow groth and small stature. The mom and dad were *extremely* vigorous plants grown from seed so I don't know why the cross failed so hard. I know its always hit and miss but this one surprised me and made me want to start fresh.

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #394502 - 04/02/10 10:31 AM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Kandy Kush x Skunk (Supercropped twice, she is a glutton for punishment)
Kandy Kush x Skunk (Her resin production is outstanding)
Sleestack x Skunk (Has not been flowering quite as long as most) **I mistakenly listed this as LA Conf x Skunk earlier**

My Kushberry x Skunk clones still haven't rooted. I think its strange that the OG #18 rooted so fast and is so vigorous but the Kushberry is budding the fastest. When you're in the room looking at them it seems like the Kushberry got a 5-7 day jump on 12/12 compared to the rest of the plants.

I'll have some updates on the big plants this weekend.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/02/10 04:29 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #394692 - 04/02/10 04:34 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Looking really nice, can't wait to see the big update.

How long have you been flowering now?

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #394704 - 04/02/10 05:05 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Most of the small-pot plants have been flowering for 30-40 days, although they had very little pre-veg. Here they are 28 days ago for reference.

The big 4 have been flowering for 17 days now. LA Conf x Skunk started clawing up something bad in the last couple days so I just flushed all four with a 1/4 strength feeding today to be safe. They have all been getting about 1000ppm the last several feedings and for some reason the salt became a problem for the LA. I think it was too much bud blood which is very salty stuff.

Pics this weekend!

--------------------
|

Offlineiluvdank
vapetoker

#394719 - 04/02/10 05:22 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

damn that kandy kush looks tasty:thumbup:
i wish i could afford a nice setup like yours.
nice grow cant wait til mine have buds on them

--------------------
:mushroom2:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: iluvdank]
    #394751 - 04/02/10 06:25 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Looking very yummy :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineiluvdank
vapetoker

Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #394758 - 04/02/10 06:42 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

could a trusted cultivator check out my grow log and give me knowledge and advice on a suspected hermie?

--------------------
:mushroom2:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: iluvdank]
    #396028 - 04/04/10 05:55 PM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Here is a massive picture update. Some of them didn't turn out great so I apologize in advance. I'll add more notes later it just took a while to upload all these. I just began feeding the small plants with snow storm since coda got some great results with the stuff and it was so cheap.

LA Confidential x Skunk
LA Confidential x Skunk (Different pheno with less bud development and rapidly purpling leaves)
Sleestack x Skunk
OG #18 x Skunk
Kandy Kush x Skunk
Kandy Kush x Skunk
Kandy Kush x Skunk

OG #18 x Skunk (Proving to be quite the stretcher)
Kushberry x Skunk (Has overtaken the OG18 as my favorite)
Kushberry x Skunk (Almost a foot shorter than the other KB but with similar branching)
LA Confidential x Skunk (Too much fiber production and way too nute-sensitive for my liking)

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/04/10 06:00 PM)

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#396863 - 04/06/10 06:02 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

good work, your inspring me greatly, thanks for all the details I really enjoy reading your grows.

--------------------
"To live the life you only see, in the stores and on TV,
Is to take away the seed, the roots, and stem of all we need."

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: aspore]
    #398829 - 04/09/10 10:02 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

aspore said:
good work, your inspring me greatly, thanks for all the details I really enjoy reading your grows.

Thanks man.

The big LA Conf x Skunk continues to be a pain in the ass. Two 1/4 strength flushes have failed to correct the clawing and I hate wasting time on special cases like this one. Going forward it will get the same nute/flush regimen as the rest and we'll see what happens.

The rest of the girls are chugging right along. If the canopy looks uneven thats because it is, but I've angled the hood accordingly and am rotating all of the plants 90 degrees every 1-2 days. The big OG18 and KB (far right) might be the most vigorous plants I've ever grown and both had the classic OG stretch. Not much blueberry coming across in that KB but in the shorter KB it does quite a bit. Also, the OG18 reaches up for light like no plant I've ever grown.

Last two feedings have been @ 900ppm across the board and included 4ml/gal of snow storm ultra. Older plants = less A+B and more PK 13/14. I'm not using big bud on this grow despite the old pic, just bud blood and PK 13/14 for bloom additives and now snow storm ultra.

It smells like a skunk's ass in there.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/09/10 10:05 AM)

Offlineenno
starman
Male User Gallery

Loc: space
    #398836 - 04/09/10 10:16 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

looks real good man :thumbup:

and i love the smell of skunk

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: enno]
    #400675 - 04/13/10 02:29 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Pic Update.

Not much to report. Been feeding 4-7ml/gal of snow storm lately and they seem to enjoy it. I just moved a 55w LED in there for added coverage too. The lollipops should really swell over the next couple weeks.

--------------------
|

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #400676 - 04/13/10 02:32 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Those main stems are immaculate. :awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #400679 - 04/13/10 02:38 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Seem to be budding up very nicely. :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the dried product :stoned:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: DungenessDank]
    #402644 - 04/16/10 09:11 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Thanks guys, here is an updated pic with lights out and labels on. Pistils have just begun to orange on the small-pot plants so I'm cutting back PK 13/14 & Snow Storm to 2ml/gal and starting Overdrive at 5ml/gal. PPM has been between 800-950 the last few feedings for all plants.

Edit: I pruned a ton of fans from the upper canopy of the big plants before taking this pic. Side-angle makes it hard to tell but the penetration is way better now.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/16/10 09:17 AM)

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#402647 - 04/16/10 09:16 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

oh yummmy :vaped:

--------------------

Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

#403452 - 04/18/10 10:58 AM (14 years, 9 days ago)

this grow makes me want to pop some skunk beans, very good work!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: kln]
    #403750 - 04/19/10 09:45 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

That Kushberry x Skunk cola is going to be :bigweed:

Also, I'm leaving my post count where it is :wink:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/19/10 10:03 AM)

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#404030 - 04/20/10 04:29 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

lol, that OG18 pheno is the happiest looking plant in the world...  :sunny:
Happy 420 bro

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: DudeTron]
    #404590 - 04/21/10 11:23 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

DudeTron said:
lol, that OG18 pheno is the happiest looking plant in the world...  :sunny:
Happy 420 bro

Thanks dude. It is really just a great pheno from great genes and I don't take much credit. I've successfully cloned it and plan on keeping it around :smile:

This morning I swapped out my 600w bulb with a new Lumatek 600w bulb. Its rated at 92,000 lumens (vs. 90,000) and 2000K (vs. 2700k) and should play real nice with my Lumatek ballast. It is well-designed:

New Lumatek 600w

Old 600w

I don't anticipate any breathtaking results, just better.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/21/10 11:25 AM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #405780 - 04/23/10 07:54 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

The first plant that I put into flowering (tallest kandy kush that I supercropped) is 5-7 days out and ready for flush. Since these are tiny 5"x5" pots and there isn't much leaf matter on the plant I'm sure florakleen is overkill but I'm going to use it anyways. This will be the smallest yielding plant but should be extremely high-quality. The rest still have another 1-2 weeks before flush and this is why:

OG #18 x Skunk = 60% Sativa
Kandy Kush x Skunk = 65% Sativa
Sleestack x Skunk = 70% Sativa

All according to the new listing for the crosses on attitude. I'm not surprised they didn't bring back LA Conf x Skunk (seems unstable?) or Kushberry x Skunk (most leaf mutations I've ever seen and on all 3?). They made the right choices IMO because those three are winners from what I've seen and the other two are still fantastic overall.

I'll have some new bud shots up soon, a snow storm has descended upon my tent the last few days :wink:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/23/10 07:55 AM)

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ideal realitY
    #405850 - 04/23/10 10:19 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

i am loving the grow pix!

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: goldennic007]
    #405877 - 04/23/10 11:54 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

goldennic007 said:
i am loving the grow pix!

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: MFDoom666]
    #405956 - 04/23/10 04:30 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

All according to the new listing for the crosses on attitude. I'm not surprised they didn't bring back LA Conf x Skunk (seems unstable?) or Kushberry x Skunk (most leaf mutations I've ever seen and on all 3?). They made the right choices IMO because those three are winners from what I've seen and the other two are still fantastic overall.

Very interesting news.  Fun being the guinea pigs for their new offerings.  I'm starting to dislike the LA myself.  This is my second run with them and they're still not performing how I'd like.  I'm gonna give it one more shot on a single plant and then if it still doesn't work out, I'll flower the mom and make room in the veg cab.

Have to agree with the kandy kush.  3 Plants, one male, two girls, and the two girls definitely showed some oddities in the leaf formation.  Seems to have mostly disappeared but I was worried I'd have to scrap one of the girls.  I think next up on my list is the OG's, looking forward to a smoke report from you on that strain :smile:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #406669 - 04/25/10 08:36 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Here are some updated pics of the small plants. I'll post a new group shot tomorrow just wanted to share these.

--------------------
|

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #406675 - 04/25/10 08:41 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

MEGA YES!!!!!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

#406721 - 04/25/10 09:51 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
MEGA YES!!!!!

mega yes and holy shit.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #406823 - 04/26/10 09:35 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Thanks guys here is the group shot:

I switched the KB & OG18 on the right around so the OG18 is in front. You can see those are growing classic sativa "christmas tree" colas.

The bad news is I found a nanner on my only sleestack x skunk female this morning. I'm not going to read into this much, IMO flowering in 5"x5" pots and pruning so aggressively just finally caught up to me. I'm going to isolate it and flush for a few days and see what I get. Should be real heady.

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/26/10 09:37 AM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #408682 - 04/29/10 09:17 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Chopped the Kandy Kush and Sleestack a couple days ago. I decided not to even flush the sleestack I just  wanted it out out out. Both of the small LA Conf are starting their flush today and all the lollipops will be chopped within 2 weeks. LA is the fastest finisher of the bunch which is no surprise.

Picture update coming this weekend!

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #408908 - 04/29/10 04:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

how many days did you end up running your LA for?  I chopped at 65 but this run is looking like it might finish earlier for some reason.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #410330 - 05/02/10 10:38 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'll have to get back to you on that actually. I'm guessing 70 days median for the LA's though.

I smoked my first Kandy Kush x Skunk bowl this morning and I'm still pretty ripped. It has an EXTREMELY lemony scent in fact that is all that comes across. The smoke is smooth and much more flavorful than the G13 Haze I'm usually puffing on. The sleestack that threw a nanner will be dry tomorrow I'll post some dry shots of each and a comparison.

This was the kandy kush I'm talking about right before chop:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (05/02/10 10:40 AM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#410341 - 05/02/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Not only is he handy with a camera, but those buds look absolutely amazing.. Awesome job, plants are mouthwatering.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineGeorgieboy
Streetlight Manifesto!
Male

#410595 - 05/02/10 07:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

206 said:

what kind of camera do you use, goddamn i can see each individual trichome  :awesurprise:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Georgieboy]
    #410922 - 05/03/10 09:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Not only is he handy with a camera, but those buds look absolutely amazing.. Awesome job, plants are mouthwatering.

Thanks man, I read your posts and it won't be long until you have some great buds to show off too.

Quote:

Georgieboy said:
Quote:

206 said:

what kind of camera do you use, goddamn i can see each individual trichome  :awesurprise:

Its a 7mp cannon powershot. I picked it up for like $96 last year its pretty good for a point and shoot.

Big picture update:

This LA Conf x Skunk has some pretty amazing trich coverage. I'm really hoping the purple overtakes the calyxes in the last 7-10 days.

Dried Kandy Kush:
Dried Sleestack:

--------------------
|

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #410933 - 05/03/10 10:04 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Think about how much nicer those could be if only you had used LED's :wink:

Just kidding man, awesome freakin' job.  Smoke with pride :grin:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #410935 - 05/03/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Think about how much nicer those could be if only you had used LED's :wink:

Just kidding man, awesome freakin' job.  Smoke with pride :grin:

Hey they were still born and raised under LEDs, Uncle HID just beats them for a couple months then kills them. :wink:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (05/03/10 10:08 AM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #413394 - 05/07/10 09:37 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Chopping these today or tomorrow:

The big girls:

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #416361 - 05/12/10 09:56 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OG #18 on the left, 2x Kushberry on the right.
Sleestack x Skunk and LA Confidential x Skunk
- LA Confidential x Skunk
LA Confidential x Skunk (bracts are 100% purple)

I manicure loose and fast because of the trich coverage. I know close shaves would make better pics but bag appeal really means nothing to me w/ my meds. I'll be updating a few more times before this is over but this will be my last journal for a while. Going to be lurking more and posting less due to time constraints and a change of direction.

--------------------
|

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

#416366 - 05/12/10 10:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

you've obviously earned that trusted cultivator tag.

i enjoy viewing your work.

thanks for posting man.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#416379 - 05/12/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:awesanta:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #416618 - 05/12/10 07:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MFDoom666 said:
you've obviously earned that trusted cultivator tag.

i enjoy viewing your work.

thanks for posting man.

Thanks man I appreciate that. You're good people.

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #419249 - 05/17/10 11:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

DNA Genetics = :thumbup:

OG #18 x Skunk ("The happiest plant in the world")

Started flushing them yesterday and should be harvesting in 10-12 days. They are exactly 60 days into flower so 70-72~ total. :headbanger:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (05/17/10 12:03 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#419257 - 05/17/10 12:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Oh man that is a beautiful plant.  I'm jealous of your impending harvest!

I just started flowering that big G13 Haze x Mango, force flowering her outdoors.  She should bring a decent chunk.  Now that my flower box is freed up finally I can flower out another run.  Not sure what I'm going to do.  I might just flower 2 really bushy cuts that I have been vegging.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #419377 - 05/17/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Looking gorgeous, mine are on their final week too.  Just gave them a solution of clearex last night and will be chopping them on sat on day 69.

After you finish off the attitude beans what do you plan on running?

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #419474 - 05/17/10 09:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Looking gorgeous, mine are on their final week too.  Just gave them a solution of clearex last night and will be chopping them on sat on day 69.

Awesome :smile:

Quote:

coda said:After you finish off the attitude beans what do you plan on running?

My next couple runs are going to be seeded. I'll be taking the Sleestack x Skunk male to some heirloom GDP & PK as well as the OG #18. Also going back for more BC1 stock whenever its available, as well as their pure afghan.

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #420277 - 05/19/10 10:08 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Roasted my first bowl of OG #18 x Skunk (the smaller of the two) last night and went into orbit. 2+ hours of one of the best highs in a long time. Extremely medicinal stone that surpasses even the LA x Skunk but is much more...robust. Going back and forth between the four siblings I can easily distinguish what each mom brings to the table and with OG18 its obvious the cup hype was justified.

(Kandy Kush <--> OG #18)

OG #18 close-ups:

Big Sister OG #18 x Skunk "The Best I've Ever Grown" @ 62 days:

:bobmarley:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (05/19/10 10:09 AM)

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#420680 - 05/19/10 08:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Very Nice Grow Bro Looks Fuckin Amazing...Im About To Harvest My BlueBerry Thing Is Leaning Now Due To The Extreamly Heavy Resin Filled Nugs

OfflineDankenstein
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: xX42oXx]
    #422608 - 05/23/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Excellent grow log :smile:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Dankenstein]
    #423697 - 05/25/10 10:41 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Cut both KB colas and the OG18 cola today. Going to harvest the rest of the buds tomorrow as well as the LA x Skunk. This grow is over tomorrow though. :thumbup:

OG #18 x Skunk & LA Conf x Skunk @ 68 days 12/12 w/ 9 day flush.
OG #18 x Skunk
OG #18 x Skunk (LED = different view of resin)
OG #18 x Skunk Close

I'll have some group shots and dried shots coming soon. 18 was the biggest yielder with the densest nugs no real surprise there. Got some legendary foxtails going on almost all of these too.

--------------------
|

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#423725 - 05/25/10 11:38 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Damn that's a fat ass cola!!!  The skunk really shows in the bud structure.

Hell yeah bro, great grow log once again!  I bet you are highhhhhhh as shit lately.

I have to wait 8 weeks until I harvest anything.  Ah well.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #424231 - 05/26/10 03:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks dude. The skunk became very pronounced in the last couple weeks.

Everything but the LAC is trimmed up and drying now. Going to turn this pile of frosty trim into a 5-strain blend of hast next week. That should be pretty fucking killer. Going to close this grow out with a massive pic update in a few days. Will also update post #1 with smoke reports and more details.

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (05/26/10 03:37 PM)

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
    #424271 - 05/26/10 04:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What a great growlog!  Now, I am only active over on the shroomery and reading here, but from what I've seen by peeking in other forums around the internets isn't anything that can surpass the knowledge of everyone here. 

Best grow forum ever. Awesome pics 206. :shineon:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#424565 - 05/27/10 10:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

I have to wait 8 weeks until I harvest anything.  Ah well.

I'm right there with ya, man. I'm about to make the switch in the next couple days.

206, not much I can say.. Fucking gorgeous crop. Already can't wait to see whats next.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Psuper]
    #424579 - 05/27/10 11:22 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Appreciate that guys.

The LA x Skunk continues to fuck with me even from its grave. I should have culled that motherfucker when all my instincts were telling me to. The nugs were so dense and the fiber so extensive I could never fully inspect the buds before today and you can guess where the story goes.

"Oh cool, 4-5 nanners"
"I'll just cut these away and dispose of them, no problem"
"Whew, doesn't look like any of them blew"
(Starts handling the nugs during manicure)
(Bunch of dust falls to the ground)
:ffffuuu:

Mold of various colors, consumed about 50% of the cola mainly in the core.

:failboat:

No pests upon closer inspection and no problems with the other 10 plants.

They might seem obvious but I'll quote for truth anyways:

"Plants which dedicate too much energy to fiber production generally are best for making fiber." DJ Short

"Stressed plants produce less than unstressed plants" -Jorge C

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #424774 - 05/27/10 05:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wow, mold?  Odd, didn't run into any of that during my runs.  Found only one nanner on a branch too.  How do you judge the level of fiber production?

Sad to hear this, I quite enjoy working with this strain at the moment.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #427179 - 06/01/10 10:13 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
How do you judge the level of fiber production?

Just the size of stems and leaves alone. Both of them were abnormally large on the big LA. The two smaller LA's turned out great I just blame myself for cloning the worst of the three phenos.

Here is the dried OG #18 x Skunk and the larger of the KB x Skunk. I really am going to add closeups soon.

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #427757 - 06/02/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ah, I see, didn't know if you had a more refined system then that.  I did find a couple more buds with some nanners on them, but it seemed isolated to one plant.  No mold found still.  Really sucks you had such problems, I personally enjoy the strain a lot and unless something better pops up it should have a nice home in my closet for a long while.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #428274 - 06/03/10 12:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Only pictures I have of dried colas together. OG18 on the left 2x KB.

--------------------
|

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #428275 - 06/03/10 12:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

those are some meaty buds.  Nice work!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#428285 - 06/03/10 02:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
those are some meaty buds.  Nice work!

:yesnod:

I also agree with those 2 quotes you posted 206.  My current indoor run has been the least stressed yet, and after only 3 days of 12/12 there are already pistils everywhere.  Last run I weaved through the scrog too late and the stress caused flowering to be delayed by 14+ days, combined with not being sexually mature/alternating nodes.  It also fucked up my yield, high, and bud structure.

Haven't really tested the fibrous plant theory though, but it seems like the heavier the stalks and fans are, that the buds are more leafy, but that could have just been the strains I have grown... :shrug:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #428493 - 06/03/10 10:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The 5-strain blend of hash as promised. All of it is ≥ 174u in this pic still haven't got to the 74u or 37u. Going to need a tacklebox by tomorrow :smile:

Quote:

Inverted said:
it seems like the heavier the stalks and fans are, that the buds are more leafy

I see a correlation too. Not all the time of course, but more often than not.

--------------------
|

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#428515 - 06/04/10 12:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ofcourse... Fatter stems and petioles = more liquids moving through = more growth of leaves and buds = increased fibre production.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#428549 - 06/04/10 04:07 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

ahh that seems liek faulty logic to me.

your saying fat stems equals more leaf/bud ratio because of liquid, but then the buds would get just as large purportionally. i dunno

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#428555 - 06/04/10 06:25 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No.. More bud sites would be produced coz the shoots are growing longer from more sap flow and Therefore auxin to the growth tip?

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #431569 - 06/11/10 10:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Cured Kushberry x Skunk. This is the fruitier of the two and sativa-dom vs. the other one which was indica dom.

--------------------
|

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#431807 - 06/12/10 12:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

OMG that looks so fucking delicious!  Great job man, seriously killer looking bud right there... :drooling:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#431810 - 06/12/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
OMG that looks so fucking delicious!  Great job man, seriously killer looking bud right there... :drooling:

x10

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: DieselB]
    #503247 - 12/05/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back on the Growery. I guess my supporter account expired so I'm posting here instead.

Sorry for flaking out on some of you guys near the end of Summer. I don't grow any more but I'll still be around. Missed this place. :peace:

--------------------
|

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ideal realitY
    #503250 - 12/05/10 04:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

its good to see you return Crusty!  welcome back! :grin: :gethigh:

--------------------
Amsterdam Honeymoon:rave:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: goldennic007]
    #503306 - 12/05/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I don't grow any more but I'll still be around. Missed this place.

Current living situation, or have you just stopped growing altogether?

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #506524 - 12/18/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

I don't grow any more but I'll still be around. Missed this place.

Current living situation, or have you just stopped growing altogether?

Current living situation :wink:

--------------------
|

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale