Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: Triptonic]
    #411483 - 05/04/10 07:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There may be a blown fuse for your tag light in the fuse panel.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: DieselB]
    #411500 - 05/04/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Addiction means to keep doing something despite negative consequences.

Even though you just got arrested for drugs, and you will probably still use them does not mean you are addicted

;]

I hope the best for you in your case though man....shit is pretty heavy. Just make sure you don't neglect the consequences, cause they can snowball pretty damn fast.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #411523 - 05/04/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This is the guy you need to get in touch with first. He is THE marijuana lawyer in Oregon.

John C. Lucy IV
Phone: 503-227-6000
Fax: 503-227-4702
Other Phone: 919-720-2513
john@law420.com
2121 SW Broadway Suite 130
Portland, 97201
www.law420.com

If that doesn't work out, here's 10 More

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #412842 - 05/05/10 11:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the research 13ettleJuice. Sadly, I cannot afford him, (A) because he's in Portland, and (B) I live very far away from Portland, so I couldn't get him to come down, unless I was rolling in it.

If I only had the money for it....

However, my friend is peer-reviewing my letter currently that I am going to email to NORML and MAPPS, so I can send it off. Hopefully they can help in some way....

I posted in my Other thread "My Plant Was Siezed"...but since this is my journal, its going here too....

__---_-_-__-----____--__------__----__--_--_---_---__---__-_-__-_

But besides that, I saw a lawyer today. She was not a NORML weed-specialized one, but she has dealt with other lawyers on drug cases....

And she told me some great news, and some scary news too....

She really knew her stuff, and knew the law pretty well, according to me listening to her. And I learned quite a few things.

The Bad first:

- The female lawyer said that getting a lawyer would cost between about $5,000 - $10,000. Way more than I expected. It means I have to get a court-appointed lawyer, inside of a private one.

- My Dad is not willing to pay for a lawyer. He said he just can't do it. Business is slow, and he can't afford it. My mom cannot either (they are divorced), so there will be no help in that regard. Other family members I know cannot either. Most are surviving barely in the middle-class zone.  So, I cannot afford a lawyer for this case, which is scary. 

- The female lawyer said that the citations are so bad that they are serious enough for prison, which scares the shit out of me. I could go to the same place that domestic violent offenders, armed robbery, rapists, and murderers go to? I still can't believe that. I'm just some guy growing his own drugs, then I'm some guy that could be spending his time in prison with *real* dangerous men. I mean, what if I get stabbed, raped or killed in prison? How could I cope with that? It would change me forever for the worst. But there is important hope, in the "Good" Section.

The Good Now

-> The Best First: The female lawyer I talked to told me about this similar story of case a a different lawyer defended of a guy and who was into manufacturing meth and was charged with "possessing precursors to meth manufacture".

She said that he was driving down the road, and a cop pulled him over for a traffic violation, I think it was the same one as mine, broken license plate lamp. So, he got pulled over, and in his car, in plain sight, were several large containers of blue liquid (looks like washer fluid) and lab glassware, like beakers and flasks for chemicals. He was searched by the cops, and they found ibuprofen tablets and other per-cursors to meth synth. So in court, this lawyer defended him with the argument that the cops performed an unlawful search with no enough evidence to initially search his car, and the charges were dropped! He won the case! He did not get the sentence. He likely got some kind of plenty but no jail time. 

In some ways, this guy was in a worst position for a search because he had obvious things like a lot of blue washer fluid in the car, in plain sight, and various lab glassware, also in plain sight. To me, those items would appear suspicious, and give a good reason to search, but they threw out the charges....The law system is weird.

In my situation, I had no kinds of drugs or bongs/pipes or anything like that out in plain sight. They were all packed pretty carefully. What I did have in plain sight was 3 black bags filled with clothes and canned food, 2 water jugs (1 was a one gallon, the other a 2.5 gallon), some rope, a small bundle of firewood, some newspaper (for making fires), a Styrofoam cooler filled with ice/raw steaks, a jar of smoothie (I love making fresh smoothies) and bunch of trash and CDs, and such scattered on the floor. But my budz, and my home-made glass pipe thing I made from common parts and head shop glass, was buried pretty deep inside the black bags, not at all in plain sight.

And I told the cops I was going camping, and all those things are used for camping. And like I said before, my budz were wrapped in tin-foil and stuffed into a tupperware, which was screwed tight, and inside one of those black bags with clothes on top of them. And since they were incomplete budz, and not full-grown, full-stinky budz, there could not have been as much smell from them. There's no way the cops could smell it, and despite my stickers, not one cop said "I smell marijuana". So all that is very good news for me. 

But I am worst than the meth guy because I was growing my plant and shrooms at home, and I'm not sure if they searched the meth guys house or not. I should of asked her that. The meeting was pretty short.

In Short: The search that the cops did could be shown to be unlawful in court, which means I can get a "wavier to suppress", which basically means "Anything after the search cannot be charged, because the search was illegal". That's the best thing I got going here. And that fact that this is my first criminal offense.

->
The date near the end of the month is called an " Arraignment", and is not my court case yet. They just determine what my charges will be. I have to do some research on what actually happens in Arraignment, and if you need a lawyer for it.

-> The female lady is going to try get that same lawyer. I really hope she succeeds. My future depends on it.

-> The cops who searched my place left a couple dried leaf-only branches for me. Just realized that today. Not sure why. They found them, and just said "Eh, just leave it." Which was weird. So, I have a little momento of my beautiful girl, who is now long gone into Mary Heaven. May she rest in peace....:sad: U.S. drug laws suck a fat one!

-> I really didn't care about my mushroom jars. I actually gave up on it awhile ago. I was having no luck with casing, so I just forgot about it. I had all these colonized jars done for weeks, which were actually starting to go bad, but I never did anything with them. Got lazy, I guess.

-> I've calm-down completely and I am not freaking out anymore like I did before. I can actually sleep sound now, but I still feel like I wake up from nightmares thou....but they are getting less scary every day....

I've actually considered, once I serve this sentence, whatever it may be, I'm thinking of saving up money over many years and moving to Amsterdam. I've always wanted to visit there, or better yet, live there.

I figure this offense is always on my record, and getting a job is going to be hard. So, if I get an OK job, and save money diligently, I could just move to Amsterdam, and live in drug paradise, and smoke all the weed I want in peace, take shrooms once in a while, with no worries of cops or getting arrested....that sounds like utopia to me. I know, not the best goals in the world, but I really wanna live that life. How great would that be: smoke without worries? I love weed, almost as much as women or video games, so that place to me seems like a sublime place to try live. Even if I can't grow it, being there would be awesome beyond my wildest dreams.

But, I would be leaving my family, so that would suck. But it would be an amazing new life. America's drug policy is just not doing it for me anymore....

__> Hey, do you guys know where I can get legal info, like an encyclopedia, for legal terms and laws? Library?

My Future Will Be Determined....
~ TrueH.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #412870 - 05/06/10 01:19 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Dude I feel bad for you, I was looking at NORML laws for your state. They look like they are worse where you live than where I live. Weird, I thought your state was pretty pro marijuana.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: Triptonic]
    #412875 - 05/06/10 01:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Are you serious Trip?

I saw the little map at NORML and it showed a symbol for "decriminalized". What state do you live in? If you are conformable giving up that inf, of course. If not, totally understandable.

I always thought Oregon was pretty cool with weed, especially in Eugene, where is pretty famous for weed-tokers.

Well, just hope the best for me. There's a good thing about my case, that I already explained in my last really long post (i.e. I like lots of details). Hopefully its enough to get me a break on some of these charges....

And thanks Trip for your concern. You're a good online friend. I'm sorry if I ever insulted you. I regret every word.

I hope when you grow some females, this never even comes close to happening. But I'm sure you're smart enough to know better.

That's the Truth.
~ TrueH.C. ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#412878 - 05/06/10 03:14 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well I hope you get off scott free man, I really do. Sometimes you can get a kickass lawyer that can find a bunch of loopholes and shit.

I cant remember now but did you ever get your rights read to you?
I'm not sure if that matters but it might help you as well.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#412879 - 05/06/10 04:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Trip. I hope so too.

If I can get anything less than prison time, I think I'll be OK.

I was read my rights by the cop, but at a million miles per hour. It was the "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can be used in the court of law....." That one? Or do you mean the rights the lawyer said I have?

Anyway, I gotta get to sleep. Its way too late over here.

Have a ghood night sleep you guys. Try keep the Sativa from keeping you up all night.....

Till we meet again...

This is I, signing off....
~ TrueH.C.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #412941 - 05/06/10 10:11 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

He means your Miranda rights and its what every cop says to you when you get arrested. From what you said he said. I don't think how fast he said it matters.

I always thought Oregon was pro MMJ too. I know two growers from up there and another one who has dissipated from society. Still hope everything goes well. Cops can be fucking ass holes. I am glad to say I have never had a drug related charge ever! You just have to think every single situation out.

Oh yeah and Amsterdam bro? Not to sink your boat but a 1 bedroom apartment over there costs 300k+. Also its really really really hard to immigrate there. Also its not the drug utopia you might think it to be.

"The Dutch have divided drugs into two groups, depending on their influence on human health – soft drugs and hard drugs. Hard drugs as cocaine, LSD, morphine, heroin are forbidden in the Netherlands as in any other country.

Soft drugs as cannabis in all its forms (marijuana, hashish, hash oil) and hallucinogenic mushrooms (so called magic mushrooms or paddos – from Dutch: paddestoel - mushroom) are legal under condition of so called “personal use”. As a result smoking of cannabis even in public, is not prosecuted as well as selling it although technically illegal under still valid Opium Act (dating from 1919, cannabis added as drug in 1950), is widely tolerated provided that it happens in a limited, controlled way (in a coffee shop, small portions, 5 grams maximum transaction, not many portions on stock, sale only to adults, no minors on the premises, no advertisement of drugs, the local municipality did not give the order to close the coffee shop).

(Sounds like dispensaries here for the most part, except I can buy QPs.)

Situation changed recently in regard to the hallucinogenic mushrooms (also known as magic mushrooms or paddos), the sale of which has been forbidden starting November 1, 2008. Almost 200 different mushrooms were forbidden and are presently regarded by the Dutch drug law (so called Opiumwet – Opium Act) as dangerous as cocaine or heroine. Never really considered as drugs before, the paddos were previously sold by the so called smart shops along with popular natural medicines as Ginkgo Biloba, Guarana, Cola, some herbs, food additives and vitamins. The decision to stop their sale has been taken after almost a hundred cases were recorded each year, when the medical help has been required linked to the consumption of paddos in Amsterdam only, involving mainly foreign tourists. Tragically, three of these cases ended as serious accidents, one of them in the tragic death of the 17-year old French girl. Hundreds of people demonstrated in Amsterdam against the ban, before it had been introduced. The municipality of Amsterdam, fearing the under counter sales, was against the ban proposing instead three days of waiting period before every purchase. This proposal has not been accepted. Today the hallucinogenic mushrooms are forbidden in the Netherlands, along with the hard drugs."

As you can see its not the acclaimed drug utopia you think it to be and would suggest researching the laws there, before assuming them.

Hope this didn't bring you down, just wanted to show you the truth.

InvisibleHerbal

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: Dephect]
    #414615 - 05/09/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hey man I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck, shit sucks and this country's war on drugs is a complete fucking joke. There are a few good things to point out. I think if they would have drug tested you and found THC in your body you could have also been charged with a DUI on top of the list, and I'm sure there are a few other things they "missed".

I think whatever it is you get in trouble for, the maximums scare the shit out of people, they are super harsh, but that just gives them a field to play on so they CAN prosecute at the fullest if you have given them a reason to. I would say study your shit, hope for the best, expect the worse, and you might be suprised/lucky.

You sound from my perspective that you weren't out doing malicious shit to OTHER people, you are just experiencing life at it's fullest. You sound young, adventurous, and you were going camping. The law system needs to learn that people are going to live how people want to live, and as long as you don't affect other people (i.e. your kids, other citizens) who fucking cares? As long as it's safe for everyone else including yourself, as well as being able to keep control of yourself.

Anyway I hope the best man, your incident has given me a cloudy perspective on what to do with my plant.  :omgz:

--------------------

Edited by Herbal (05/09/10 02:36 PM)

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: Herbal]
    #415201 - 05/10/10 02:13 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

gl guy but the problem i see is u gave them permission to search... thats the no no.. and that might come back to kick u later... just deni it all the way.. no i never gave him permission... he forced his big strong muscles on me and i got a weird feeling lol.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: lostinbq]
    #415204 - 05/10/10 02:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

except they probably have a recording of him saying that it was ok to search his house.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#415528 - 05/10/10 08:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yea maby he is 1 of the lucky 1's living in a back water town where thay dont have it some townships here in pa dont..

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#415678 - 05/11/10 12:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
except they probably have a recording of him saying that it was ok to search his house.

I just wanted to make it clear. I did NOT say they could search my house. What I remember was they found my fresh budz, showed them to me, then they searched me, found my camera and one of them said "You likely got photos of your plant on here", he turned it on, the first photo that showed up (which was the last photo I took on the camera) was my plant (:facepalm:).

Then, the officer said, "We have reason to search your place. Where do you live? and what is your address?" After that, I gave them my address, and I was hand-cuffed. I did not explicitly say, "Yes, you can search my place" All I said was "My address is....." and thats it.

I sure hope there is a recording of what happened. That would be in my favor, but I never agreed explicitly to searches, I was just like "I guess so" after I was hand-cuffed, in the cop car when the cop asked "Can you searched your place?"

Anyway, no more about the story....brings back horrible memories.

I'm trying to forgot the experience.
~ TrueH. ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#415722 - 05/11/10 02:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

He asked if they could search your place and you said "I guess so?" :kingcrankey:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#415726 - 05/11/10 02:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, but that was after I was hand-cuffed, riding in his cop car. I figured I lost all rights to say "no", since they had so much evidence to say I was growing in my place.

I should of denied it, but I didn't know I still had any rights at the time. When I said that, I was wearing hand-cuffs, in the back seat of the car. The hand-cuffs pretty much told me "Its over, you are a criminal. You have no say in anything now." I guess I thought I was going to get interrogated or something....too much TV cop drama shows, I guess.

Again, I am not familiar with laws and rights, especially at the time this was happening.

Like everyone has already said, I did the wrong thing at every turn, and regret everything. I figured they were going to search anyway (because of the evidence), so I gave up. I figured it was going to happen anyway.

What a fool I was.
~ TrueH. ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #415727 - 05/11/10 02:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I totally understand being nervous about everything and just not doing anything. I might have done the same thing. But dont you think that they wouldnt have asked if they could just go ahead and do it?

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#415733 - 05/11/10 02:44 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not sure.

And thanks for understanding....I bet you would have handled the situation better than me if you were there.

I am not a very strong-minded individual who can think for himself. I am way too influenced by other people, especially ones with authority. in those types of situations to rationally think about how my words will be used against me later. You could say I'm sort a lost, like a sheep following the herd. At least, in this situation.

But you do give a good point, why would they ask if they were going to do it anyway? Seems odd looking back. I guess I did have a choice, but after I was arrested and hand-cuffed, I figured that was the next stop: not the jail, but a full search. Again, another thing I regret: should of said "If you need to search my place, get a warrant." But, like I said, I am a weak-minded person who just caved in after what happened during the car search and the search of me.

But I've learned a lot from this, for sure. I'm actually thinking about getting the first 5 Amendments tattoo-ed on me, like Memento style. That way, I'll never forget my rights.

Since memory doesn't do it for me.
~ TrueH. ~

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#415775 - 05/11/10 09:41 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

buddy ur not a criminal u just grew some freakin plants.. all u need to do from hear out is just abide by what thay want u to do.. yes sirs and no sir's.. if u got somthing going in ur life like school, job, and are not a CRIMINAL like u say u are u will be fine.. it also might help if u get to know the da that has ur case.. not kno kno but kno that he sees u are not a fuckup. ya kno =) anyway man just kiss some ass pay the fine and pee in the cup along with comunity service and u might be a lil better off..

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: lostinbq]
    #416907 - 05/13/10 12:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you Lostinbq! I wish the state police here thought the same thing "I am not a criminal because I was growing ONE plant and some mushroom jars....".

I was just trying to be self-sufficient in my mind-expanding hobbie of psychedelic drugs and weed. Since I have no connections, I couldn't just buy from someone, so why not grow ya own drugs....DIY. I had no intent to sell or distribute....they just for me. Maybe share with some close friends that I made recently, but thats it.

It sucks that people like me who grow their own natural drugs are considered criminals, and their living plants have to be stolen and killed in the name of the law. "Land of the Free". What a bunch of bull....

But I guess it could be worst. I was talking to this guy from the college I go to right now, who moved here from China and he said the cops there are really curupt. If you're family knows the people in the police, they will let you break the law. And for the others who do not have ties to the Chinese cops, I bet they get some major time for their crimes.

I can't even imagine what the plenty for growing weed, mushrooms, and having a hit of LSD would be in China....death maybe? I bet its pretty bad. At least US is a little more rational about the punishment....but not by much.

But the US has a ways to go in this drug war. Not that I'm a shining example of "good" substance user, but I consider myself a responsible substance user: never drive stoned/tripping, don't take too much mushrooms/LSd at one time, do not sell to others, do not use all the time...etc....

But once one person messes up, the Gov. trusts no one with the drugs now, and there's the "War on Drugs" pretty much. Its amazing that alcohol is legal, with the amount to trouble that it involves...DUI's, addiction, violence, car accidents, poisoning/overdose, health problems, etc....its totally backwards to me....

But yeah, good advice Lostinbq: treat the officials/judges/officiers really nicely, do the community service (if they give me that), pay the fines, piss in the cup, etc.....

It just sucks that I can never grow again, unless weed is legalized or I get some kind of terminal disease where I can grow legally....:randy: Makes me sad that my hobby is over with forever.

I really loved growing. A LOT. I've actually considered pursuing a career in growing legally for terminally-ill patients who use medical MJ but cannot grow it themselves....I think I would love that job. :strokebeard:  But because of this incident, I feel like that dream has been killed.

One more thing, do you think I should buy a small bag and smoke it before my court hearing/arraignment at the end of this month? I figure it maybe the last time I smoke weed for a long time, might as well do it now...

But if I get pulled over again, and they find that bag, I could be ruined. I guesss I would have to be *really* careful. What do you guys think?

Last Bag?
~ TrueH. ~

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate