Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
is this even possible?
    #343402 - 01/08/10 05:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So I just scraped some iso hash out of the pie pan and got a ton of it all over my fingers. now I feel really high. is that even possible? is this just placebo or am I just really tired?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: is this even possible? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #343407 - 01/08/10 05:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ive talked to people who work for big growers that tell me they get mad high from trimming all day, I wouldnt doubt it

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: is this even possible? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #343411 - 01/08/10 05:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Its the new way to get high.

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: is this even possible? [Re: Triptonic]
    #343419 - 01/08/10 05:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I swear I get mild effects from handling a lot of mushrooms,

Like just today i handled 5 zips, bagging em up and I always feel really emotional afterwards , probably a placebo, but its happened twice in a row:crazy2:

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Re: is this even possible? [Re: Harlz]
    #343421 - 01/08/10 05:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

thats cause your killing your babies , id feel really emotional too

--------------------
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlinesnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

#343427 - 01/08/10 05:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
So I just scraped some iso hash out of the pie pan and got a ton of it all over my fingers. now I feel really high. is that even possible? is this just placebo or am I just really tired?

Absorbing THC through the skin like that...?

I need data, or otherwise no.

OfflineHarlz

#343429 - 01/08/10 05:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:rofl2:

Dry sorry, but yea they are paying me back for killin em :sad:

What am I supposed to do? Let em jizz spores all over the place?:stoned:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: is this even possible? [Re: snaggletooth]
    #343431 - 01/08/10 05:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

snaggletooth said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Its totally possible man. Your skin absorbs more than you might think.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#343432 - 01/08/10 05:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well when you make iso hash the THC is converted to whatever the active version of THC is called so its very likely you absorbed it into your skin

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

#343434 - 01/08/10 05:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wait, why did you make iso hash instead of using butane?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#343450 - 01/08/10 06:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

because I don't have giant bottles of butane just chilling in my house? :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinesnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

#343452 - 01/08/10 06:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

snaggletooth said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Its totally possible man. Your skin absorbs more than you might think.

Yeah I know absorbing toxins is very possible through the skin, but enough TCH to get buzzed on makes my skeptical buzzer ring.

Unless I see data...I just can't agree to that. An old wife's tale.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#343470 - 01/08/10 06:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

well all I know is that at this point I'm officially really high, and have not smoked a single bowl today. make of that what you will :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #343476 - 01/08/10 06:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

haven't smoked all day?  I read you went to a movie and i know you have all that herb laying around.  Wtf is the matter with you?  you need to honor that herb with more dedication.  at least ur high now.  :heart:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#343479 - 01/08/10 06:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
well all I know is that at this point I'm officially really high, and have not smoked a single bowl today. make of that what you will :shrug:

Its cause it was iso hash

there was probably a small amount of alcohol left in it that helped it absorb into your skin faster and that alcohol would have been highly saturated in THCa

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: is this even possible? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #343480 - 01/08/10 06:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes it's totally possible.

Haven't you ever seen creams or suntan lotion at the clubs?

My buddy in Cali says that they have THC spray that you just put on as if you are going tanning and its loaded and you just absorb it and get baked layin in the sun... :shrug:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: is this even possible? [Re: Inverted]
    #343485 - 01/08/10 06:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Rub garlic on your feet and tell me if you breath stinks.....it will.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#343508 - 01/08/10 06:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:orly:

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: is this even possible? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #343514 - 01/08/10 06:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:yarly:

OfflineHarlz

#343516 - 01/08/10 06:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Its true, you will smell garlic emanting from you all over, it seeps out of your skin as well.

OfflinePsilyguy

#343878 - 01/09/10 03:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i dont believe its possible, but people have told me its happened to them. i would believe if i saw some evidence supporting it, but even LSD has been proven that its at least very very hard for it to happen even though everyone thinks it does.

--------------------
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, shouting GERONIMO!" -Hunter S. Thompson's version of this common quote that no one seems to know who said first...

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: is this even possible? [Re: Psilyguy]
    #343996 - 01/09/10 11:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

it's my understanding that the good doctor first discovered the mind altering properties of lsd by accident when it was absorbed through his skin.  maybe im misunderstanding your words there, but i thought lsd was one substance that is very very easily absorbed by our skin.  I was watching bear the other night on man vs nature and he was drifting on a raft in the ocean and he gave himself an aenima with all sorts of nasty shit in it so that his body (colon) would absorb the water, becuase drinking it would have produced a terrible gag reflex.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Re: is this even possible? [Re: Psilyguy]
    #344003 - 01/09/10 11:28 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psilyguy said:
i dont believe its possible, but people have told me its happened to them. i would believe if i saw some evidence supporting it, but even LSD has been proven that its at least very very hard for it to happen even though everyone thinks it does.

dude you could hold doses tightly in the palm of your hand for a few minutes and I guarantee you would trip

and if its liquid, theres no question

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#344164 - 01/09/10 05:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

From here:

Substances that are applied to the skin can be systemically absorbed to an unknown extent. However, there have not yet been any quantitative studies of the dermal absorption of THC that would allow quantification. Nevertheless, this question is vital for the use of THC-containing products that are externally applied (cosmetics, dermatics for the treatment of neurodermitis). The physico-chemical characteristics of THC, however, allow a rough estimation of the amount of THC assimilated (Kalbitz et al. 1996, 1997).

Generally, the human skin is well protected against penetration by external substances. Many topically applied substances attain a systemic bioavailability of only a few percent (Hadgraft 1996). The main barrier to penetration is the cornea (stratum corneum), or more accurately, the cornified layer of the stratum corneum. In principle, substances can penetrate the space between the cells of the stratum corneum (intercellular), the cells themselves (intracellular), or the sebaceous and perspiratory glands and hair follicles. Only the first pathways of penetration generally play a relevant role (Hadgraft 1996, Kalbitz et al. 1996, Berti et al. 1995). For example, the route through the hair follicles and glands is of importance for polar molecules only. As a lipophilic molecule, THC does not belong to that group.

The permeation coefficient or, respectively, the permeability constant (Kp) constitute a quantitative expression for the ability of a substance to permeate the skin. The flux or absorption rate of a chemical results from a multiplication of the concentration (C) of a chemical on the skin surface with the permeability constant: flux = KpC (Mattie et al. 1994). The basic principles of absorption through the skin correspond to those of diffusion through semi-permeable membranes (Berti et al. 1995). Factors that influence the penetration through the skin are the thickness and condition of the skin, as well as the size of the penetrating substance and the carrier.

Molecules that enter and diffuse through the skin have to penetrate a number of lipid bilayers in the intercellular space, thereby repeatedly alternating from lipophilic to hydrophilic areas. Those molecules that are sufficiently lipophilic, such as glucocorticoids, easily cross those lipophilic phases. Thus, most publications still maintain as a rule that "highly lipophilic compounds with low molecular weights demonstrate the greatest flow rate through the stratum corneum" (Berti et al. 1995).

Occasionally, a direct relation between the coefficient of permeation and the octanol/water distribution coefficient is postulated (Guy 1995). The latter is a measure of a chemical's lipophilic and hydrophilic properties, respectively. A higher coefficient indicates stronger lipophilic characteristics. However, such a correlation could not be verified in experimental studies. Mattie et al. (1994) examined 13 substances with octanol/water coefficients ranging from zero to 1,400. The constant of permeability correlated only weakly with the octanol/water distribution coefficient (r2 = 0.04).

Instead, there is evidence that only a small fraction of strongly lipophilic substances, such as THC, overcomes the hydrophilic phases of the intercellular space. Gabriele Bast (1997) carried out a large number of experiments that involved different substances of differing lipophilic characteristics in different carriers, and stated: "When substances are applied in a lipophilic carrier the permeation coefficient Kp is notably decreased when the distribution coefficient (n-octanol/perfusion buffer (pH 7.4)) Poct exceeds 2000."

Conclusion: It may validly be assumed that, with an octanol/water distribution coefficient of 6,000 (Agurell et al. 1986), i.e. a strong lipophilic tendency, only a small amount of THC permeates the skin-and is systemically absorbed only on a small scale-when administered in an oily base [my emphasis], such as in cosmetics containing hemp oil. Based on experimental evidence obtained for other chemicals with known physico-chemical properties, the transdermal systemic bioavailability of THC thus is likely considerably less than the oral systemic bioavailability. Corresponding experimental studies should be conducted that quantify the exact rate of skin permeation.

(Another link here.)

But alcohol is not an oil, and THC is alcohol soluble, so:

Quote:

From here:

Absorption of ethyl alcohol into the blood can occur through the skin and via the lungs, though the major route of taking ethyl alcohol into the body is by drinking alcoholic beverages.

Absorption through the skin has been confirmed by a report (Dalt et al, 1991) of a case of a 1 – month old infant who became intoxicated as a result of absorption of ethyl alcohol from dressings applied to the stump of the umbilical cord and the skin adjacent to it.

Additional confirmation of skin absorption comes from a microdialysis study in which a long probe with was inserted under the skin for a distance of 3 cm. Ethyl alcohol was then placed in a small area on the skin above the probe while the subcutaneous area was being perfused. Analysis of the perfusate indicated the presence in an amount that was related to the extent of skin exposure (Anderson et al, 1991).

Thoughts?

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#344798 - 01/10/10 12:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:

there was probably a small amount of alcohol left in it that helped it absorb into your skin faster and that alcohol would have been highly saturated in THCa

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#344799 - 01/10/10 12:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
Quote:

NobodyImportant said:

Invisibledeladude
king size
Male

#344819 - 01/10/10 01:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hahaha. it happens to me all the time when i harvest sclerotia. i always wipem off n cut em up for drying. 3/4 the way through when my hands are soked im like "wow im feeling a bit light headed maybe you should drive".

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Re: is this even possible? [Re: deladude]
    #344845 - 01/10/10 02:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

harvest sclerotia

explain ?

google was no help to me :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibledeladude
king size
Male

#344847 - 01/10/10 02:28 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

atl #7
boomers dude! lol
the kind that grow under ground:shrug::tongue:

OfflineHarlz

#344894 - 01/10/10 10:18 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

they are like nuts that grow in grain jars double the potency fresh and super stealth

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

#345085 - 01/10/10 04:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

anythang is possible

just like how some thangs are impossible

because of the possibility of some thangs bein impossible

draw a square circle, easy

if u draw a square with a bunch of lines, then u can draw a circle with a bunch of lines

lines = lines

which = doin' thangs

doin' thangs = possibilities.

doin' possible thangs impossibly while doin' them thangs possibly, AND feelin'g good man simultaneously , =  :feelsgoodman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Invisibledeladude
king size
Male

Re: is this even possible? [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #345096 - 01/10/10 04:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the absince of evidence isn't the evidence of absince

OfflineHarlz

#345100 - 01/10/10 04:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deladude said:
the absince of evidence isn't the evidence of absince

i posted that like a week ago, and spelled it right:grrr:

but it:feelsgoodman: to be doin thangs and seein swim doin thangs too

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag