Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefeelingfunny
Stranger

Need help. Please.
    #341543 - 01/06/10 01:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, for those of you who may not know me, I am feelfunny's wife. We have ventured over here from Shroomery. And I can say, I already like it here alot more. My husband and I grew together for about 6 years. We had a great little hydroponics system, it was a drip system, with a great HPS light. The system we bought off a friend for a VERY reasonable price. But do to unforseen circumstances that system is now gone and it has been over 3 years since we grew any of the great and wonderful green stuff. (To be honest, the only reason we began with the shrooms is cause we just HAD to grow something.)

After much discussion and deliberation we have decided to let our thumbs once again go green. But now things have changed so much, and we no longer have our self-contained system, we have to start from scratch. So I am here asking for help.

The space we have to work with is about 3 1/2 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and 2 1/2 feet deep. Is this even a workable space? Are there any reliable "self-contained" systems out there that work and are worth my money? I am very interested in auto-flowers. I have heard alot about LED's both good and bad, so not too sure there.

I also know that when we first started with mushrooms there was just tons and tons of information out there that was not only useless, but alot of it was wrong. And over the last 3 years we have simplified the growing of shrooms. I am all about simple and easy.

So I guess that is what I am really looking for, a simple and easy way to go about this. Thank you all for reading and a special thanks to those who took the time to answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help. Please. [Re: feelingfunny]
    #341609 - 01/06/10 02:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

my my, welcome to the growery! I can imagine this is quite a daunting hobby compared to how it was a couple years ago.

if you're looking for an automated system an ebb and flow or a drip system would be good, but that's a little tricky in a space with the height you're looking for. if you really want to go hydro but you're limited on space I would suggest hempy buckets. they're incredibly easy to use and very very cheap to get set up. here's some of my results using them;

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/340168
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/251624#251624

--------------------

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: Need help. Please. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #342069 - 01/06/10 11:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

nice! but that's seems to be our problem. there are just so many set ups to choose from. money isn't that important and if i need more space i can figure that out to i just want what I'm doing to be worth it. the only other guy i know growing has good bud but it is very spindly, not dense like I'm looking for and has got this big room but not much actual bud comes out of it.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help. Please. [Re: feelfunny]
    #342092 - 01/06/10 11:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the two most imporant things for dense nugs; enough light and enough air flow. if you get those to be optimum you'll have a hard time NOT getting nice nugs :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Need help. Please. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #342102 - 01/07/10 12:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That is a plenty workable space.  Utilize a ScrOG setup and you will yield the most.  I'd agree with Harry and go with Hempy, it's cheap, easy to manage, and sports GREAT results.  I like handwatering myself, you get up close an personal more like real gardening.

I work in a 2x2x3.5' space, and expect to be pulling 4-6 oz's every 8 weeks once I get it dialed in.  I'm just doing soil and scrog, with a 150w HPS + CFL's next run.  Being forced to use a smaller space makes you into a better grower.  You are forced to utilize every aspect of your grow, whether it's your root space, lighting, or ventilation.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #342239 - 01/07/10 11:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help. Please. [Re: Stoneth]
    #342247 - 01/07/10 11:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That's pretty legit, but I have a question.  He lists all these bulbs and shit that come with it, but what about the ballast's and/or sockets?

Only one socket and reflector is pictured, which looks like a standard mogul base, not an HID.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help. Please. [Re: Inverted]
    #342253 - 01/07/10 11:36 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Haven't a clue man, I'm sure it's there somewhere.:lol:

I was just crusing ebay and ran across it and remembered this thread, thought I'd point it out.

It's a nice small set up tho.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help. Please. [Re: Stoneth]
    #342260 - 01/07/10 11:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

For sure!  Especially if money isn't an issue.

Wish I could say that.  I've been blue collar my entire life, and don't see that changing, so in turn I love to DIY.  Plus I have a woodworking shop basically.  I'm always finding some excuse to get out there and build something new... :uptosomething:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #342369 - 01/07/10 01:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah if i had that garage like you, i would be constantly building shit. i think shit like that is fun. you get into all the lacquering and staining n shit? or just building and nailing.

--------------------

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: Need help. Please. [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #342422 - 01/07/10 03:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea we aren't rich by any means but i see so many people so far doing it there self and unless you are an expert there looks like there is so much space wasted with tall plants but not much bud growing on them. i guess what I'm getting at is if i only have a small space i don't want it to be filled with just a bunch of stems and leaves if that makes sense. like these 2 we did were so big but we only got about 1 oz off both when dry.

Offlinefeelingfunny
Stranger

#342426 - 01/07/10 03:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wow. That's all a lot of great stuff. I feel a little out of the loop with all the terminology though. Like what is hempy and scrog?

The system on ebay sounds good. I guess it's just going to take alot more research.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help. Please. [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #342444 - 01/07/10 03:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
yeah if i had that garage like you, i would be constantly building shit. i think shit like that is fun. you get into all the lacquering and staining n shit? or just building and nailing.

Well depends on what I build I guess.  I want to get into making furniture and get a lathe and a mill.  I could start my own business.  Used to work on machines all day long for 4 years.  I love it and am good at it. 

The fish house is just going to get painted.  No stain there.

Growbox is getting sealed and painted white, so nothing special, but yes I can do it all.  Very fun when stoned.  I get into it hardcore and make everything super perfect.  I'm OCD and anal about that shit

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help. Please. [Re: feelingfunny]
    #342447 - 01/07/10 03:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

feelfunny said:
yea we aren't rich by any means but i see so many people so far doing it there self and unless you are an expert there looks like there is so much space wasted with tall plants but not much bud growing on them. i guess what I'm getting at is if i only have a small space i don't want it to be filled with just a bunch of stems and leaves if that makes sense. like these 2 we did were so big but we only got about 1 oz off both when dry.

You need to look into the Scrog method then...  It will be a canopy full of colas.  Generally topping then strategic tying down can essentially achieve the same effect as a Scrog.

SOG is also something you could do.  I have the same dilemna as you and feel that short veg times and high numbers of plants is the best way to get around this problem OR to grow only a couple of plants, but train the fuck out of them in veg so I get a lot of branches with nice heads to flower.

Quote:

feelingfunny said:
Wow. That's all a lot of great stuff. I feel a little out of the loop with all the terminology though. Like what is hempy and scrog?

The system on ebay sounds good. I guess it's just going to take alot more research.

Scrog is a Screen Of Green where you put a frame with chicken wire or some other restraint with holes, placed horizontally over all the plants, and you train them through it to keep all of the branches and tops at one even level.  This also prevents vertical growth.  It produces more yield/sq. foot than most other methods.

Hempy is a basically a poor mans Deep Water Culture... It's a bucket with a sealed bottom (not a nursery container) where you drill the drain holes 2-3 inches up the sides off the bottom of the bucket, so that some water can remain in the bottom but not too much to give the plant "wet feet" and water log the roots.  You fill the bucket with either 100% perlite or can add up to 30% vermiculite too.  This gives the roots LOTS of oxygen and also less resistance for the roots to penetrate the medium.  A very effective method if I do say so myself.

If you have any questions just give a shout!

--------------------

Offlinefeelingfunny
Stranger

#342536 - 01/07/10 06:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well the SOG sounds really cool. Definetly going to look into that.

But a new questions has risen in my mind. I remember when we used to grow indoors the smell permeated the entire house, so anytime we had company it reeked of mary jane. Then it wasn't such a big deal, but now our child is 11 years old and a little too smart for our own good.

Is there any 100% fool proof way to eliminate the smell?

I've been checking my areas and have realized that there are a few spots with alot more space then I thought I had. So now I just need to figure out the best method to get what we want, which is basically more bud with less stems and leaves.

And of course we can't have the smell.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
1,413 topic views. 0 members, 231 guests and 143 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.