Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 6.5 Weeks Veg - Starting Flowering [Re: Triptonic]
    #355782 - 01/30/10 10:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

trip, I would definitely recommend that cooltube for you. the attached reflector looks great :flyhigh:

Dayzt; lookin good bud, very healthy plants. looks maybe a tiny bit overfed, but I keep my girlies stuffed full too :wink:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: 6.5 Weeks Veg - Starting Flowering [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #355786 - 01/30/10 10:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I dont understand though, that doesnt look like a cooltube at all.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 6.5 Weeks Veg - Starting Flowering [Re: Triptonic]
    #355794 - 01/30/10 11:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

there's a cooltube in the center of the reflector, the shiny metal stuff is outside the 6" glass tube.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: 6.5 Weeks Veg - Starting Flowering [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #355796 - 01/30/10 11:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How much does that setup cost?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growroom Pics [Re: Dayzt]
    #355797 - 01/30/10 11:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dayzt said:
Thanks Trip!

- The reflector is the one in the below ebay link - 600w cooltube MH/HPS

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DIGITAL-AIR-COOL-TUBE-GROW-LIGHT-600-WATT-HPS-MH-600W_W0QQitemZ330399298648QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ced553458

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Growroom Pics [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #355800 - 01/30/10 11:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ouch. Nevermind. I might just bend some sheetmetal around the outside and make my own.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Growroom Pics [Re: Triptonic]
    #355801 - 01/30/10 11:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wait that was for the timer and ballast as well though.

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Growroom Pics [Re: Triptonic]
    #356159 - 01/31/10 09:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It's actually a pretty good deal - the whole kit there comes with the cooltube and large metal shade, 2 bulbs (1 600w MH, 1 600w HPS), digital ballast compatible with both MH and HPS bulbs, 2x retractible light hooks and a timer.

I'm likely going to get another one of these kits in a few months so I can fill out my whole tent and have around 10-12 plants flowering in there at once...we'll see.

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

#356185 - 01/31/10 09:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, the light was switched this evening to eht HPS bulb and the girls are looking really, really happy! It was like they appreciated the dark cycle and are looking real sexy and green under the reddish HPS light. I've been foliar spraying them quite a bit since the humidity level in the tent hangs right around 40% and the extra spray helps the leaves keep thier stomata open enough so they don't dry out on me. I've heard from a few people that the Red Dragon strain likes to have it fairly dry and extra dry in the last few weeks before harvest. I won't have any problem with that since it's so dry here - it's more of a challenge to keep the humidity level up...

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

#358468 - 02/06/10 01:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry for the lack of updates lately...there wasn't a lot to see this past week as the girls adjusted to the new light cycle, but the past 3 days or so have shown some nice growth as they start to do their thing.  Tonight i'll be giving them their very first bloom feeding at 1/2 strength along with some AN Nirvana.  (I plan to get some mineral water today to use, as I'm wondering if the tap-water i've been using has been a factor - I pH down the tap-water, but it's not the same as the rain-water I used in my last grow...)

NOTES:

- The light, the filter/fan and the intake fan are all on their own timers now. The light is of course on the 12/12 setting with the light coming on at 7 pm (actually 6:50) and going off at 7 am. The filter/fan is set to be on whenever the light is on, as well as for 15 min each hour during the dark cycle to bring the humidity levels
down some. The intake fan runs for 15 min each hour the whole time and forces in nice fresh air as opposed to acting as a passive intake the rest of the time. I've noticed this works well to keep the temps more even as well during the dark cycle as long as the filter/fan isn't sucking out all the warmth the whole time, and effectively allows the whole tent/environment to 'breath' nicely as it cycles the air well. Temps and humidity are staying in the 60-75, 40%-65% range with this setup. Later on during flowering, these settings will have to change a bit so I can bring the humidity down more during the dark cycle, so that will mean changing the filter/fan to run more often with the lights off.

Pic update is planned for tomorrow evening once they've had a day to eat and drink! Stay tuned!!

Edited by Dayzt (02/06/10 01:32 PM)

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

End of Week 1 of Flowering [Re: Dayzt]
    #358837 - 02/06/10 11:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, the girls all got food and water tonight.  I'm trying out using distilled water since I've never really tried it before and would like to compare it to my previously pH'd tapwater.

Half strength bloom nutes and Nirvana went into the 2nd and 3rd 5 litre buckets of water they received this evening.  The first 5 litre bucket of water was just straight water - didn't want to apply nuted water to the dry soil...

The pots have all been now moved down off of the styrofoam pieces now as well.  I bought some nice 14" plastic saucers with 1.5" lips on them which should work well enough to catch water that goes through the drain holes.  It will be nice to have when flushing time arrives too.

Well, here are the pics since feeding.  I was going to wait until tomorrow night but had time to do it tonight so got it all done.  There's a group shot, 1 of each plant, one of the nutes i'm using and a few of some trimmed leaves I took as well.  Enjoy!

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Week 1 Day 6 of Flowering [Re: Dayzt]
    #363559 - 02/13/10 12:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Here we are nearing the end of week 2 of flowering.  The girls have grown quite alot this past week, stretching out as expected.  Bud sites are showing more and more hairs now as the buds begin to form as the stretching slows.  They will all get straight water tonight, as they haven't had anything for close to a week when thier first 1/4 strength feeding was.  After this straight water feeding, i'm going to try and start feed/water every 3-4 days as they begin to require more moisture and can use the extra bloom nutes.

For those just joining or who may not have read this journal from the first page, please note that the 2 back plants are not Red Dragon, only the front 3 ones.  The two back plants are a bagseed plant and a Mr.Nice's Dreamtime.  The bagseed plants was never looking that great - started out okay but is looking kinda pale.  The buds are coming along nicely however and are looking to be a quicker finisher than the dragons.  The Dreamtime plant is showing similar characteristics to the other 2 Dreamtime plants I grew in my first grow - not a real pretty plant, having straggely thin leaves and not really impressive growth - but the seeds were very cheap and NOT feminized.  All 3 seeds I got from Mr.Nice ended up female though, so I'm not complaining!  The plant is a lot more healthy than it looks...the others just kinda put it and the bagseed plant to shame with thier fancy genetics!

Pic update - enjoy!!

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Additional New Light! [Re: Dayzt]
    #363575 - 02/13/10 01:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I was able to get another identical 600w cooltube light on ebay - same exact kit as the first one!  I plan to set up the new light in the other half of the tent and put the next batch of plants under it 6 weeks from this weekend - or whenever they look to be ready for flowering.

I've got 6 more beans germinating right now and expect to have them started by Monday.  This is what will be in the next round:

2x Barney's Farm LSD (fem)
2x Barney's Farm Crimea Blue (fem)
1x Barney's Farm Red Cherry Berry (fem)
1x bagseed (picked from about 20 seeds - chose the best looking one!)

There's also a 5-pack of Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush (fem) on it's way in the mail from Attitude seeds along with some nice freebies as listed below:

Attitude Seed Bank
------------------
5x Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush (fem)
1x GHS Super Lemon Haze (fem)
1x GHS King Kush (fem)
1x GHS Bubba Kush (fem)
1x GHS The Church (fem)
1x Dinafem Powerkush (fem)

The Vanilla Kush will be germed at the end of this month and started.  The others I'm not sure yet, but would like to create some mother plants out of those singles and then clone, clone, clone!

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: Additional New Light! [Re: Dayzt]
    #363603 - 02/13/10 02:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:popcorn:

good journal

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Additional New Light! [Re: Ben18]
    #363665 - 02/13/10 04:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree.  Keep it up good sir.

We are at about the same day in flowering.  I am anxious to compare side by side what my grow with a 150 can do compared to people with 400's and 600's...  Obviously I can't grow big plants, but that doesn't mean you can't grow big buds.  :lol:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Updated Layout [Re: Inverted]
    #364928 - 02/15/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thought i'd put this up here so everyone knows who is who at this point.  The girls have moved around a bit since my last diagram so this is just a pickup reference for this point in the grow and to familiarize those who may be just joining in on this grow journal.

The two back plants have now been named:

Dreamtime - "Nails" - This plant is stragly but amazingly strong and healthy also!  It's super tough looking so that's how it got that name.

bagseed - "Mercy" - This plant was actually the biggest one at one point in veg - then it kinda went yellow and stumpy on me for a while.  I almost got rid of it at one point but showed it 'Mercy' and she's really rewarding me for it so far!

The Red Dragon plants have no specific names yet, but here's some collected info on each:

RD #1 - This is the best looking plant i've ever grown - just great looking leaf structure and overall beautiful to look at.  Buds are just starting to form and lots of pods are showing and look to explode at any time...this one will be a joy to watch for sure!  The main top held some interesting groups of 3 at each node up until now as it's splitting off as it matures and single-leaf nodes are appearing.

RD #2 - This plant was topped to create 6 nice tops and just tonight had 4 of the tops tied back a bit to help spread it out more.  There's a lot of nice buds forming in the center of this plant that I'd like to encourage to reach up higher through and join the main canopy.

RD #3 - This RD was LST'd early and is now reaping the benefits as it's spreading out more and has many nice bud formations!  I tied back one of the branches a little bit to encourage it to spread out a little on the opposite side of the direction it was tied down.

Edited by Dayzt (02/16/10 01:54 AM)

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Picture Update - Start of Week 3 of Flowering [Re: Dayzt]
    #365059 - 02/16/10 01:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I took some pictures tonight right after their foliar watering. The next 'feeding' will likely be Thurs or Fri of this week depending on how light the pots are by then.

Notice in these pics how i've been thinning out the canopy a bit and spreading the plants out as much as I can to take advantage of the light as much as possible. I also tied back 4 of the branches on the topped Red Dragon in order to let more light into the center of the plant and force it to grow 'out' more and spread out as it grows up - note pics of the tied down branches.

Enjoy!!  :bigblunt:

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Flowering - Day 3 of Week 3 [Re: Dayzt]
    #367051 - 02/17/10 11:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Gave the girls a nice dose of nutes'n'juice tonight as they received a little over 1/4 strength nutes, half Iguana Juice Grow and half Nirvana (both Advanced Nutrients products).

Feeding notes.....

Jug #1:

~12 ml AN Iguana Juice grow
~10 ml AN Nirvana
-------------
8 litres pH'd luke-warm water

Jug #2:

~5 ml AN Iguana Juice grow
~4 ml AN Nirvana
-------------
4-5 litres pH'd luke-warm water

...next time (I go by weight of the pots...) will be a straight watering, most likely in another 4-5 days from now.

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Re: Flowering - Day 3 of Week 3 [Re: Dayzt]
    #368441 - 02/20/10 02:21 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Only a few more days left in week 3.  I'll get some pics this weekend yet - likely Sunday night.

- All is well and looking great!  I wasn't sure how they would respond to the largest amount of nutes they've had thus far, but no serious side-effects yet.
- A few leaves are showing some spots and a tiny bit of brown on a few leaf-tips but nothing serious.
- The bag-seed plant is looking like it will be done about 1-2 weeks before the others, as it has nicely developed buds already at this point!
- Fan leaves are noticably reaching up a lot more than before, so I take that as a good sign - I think the foliar spray was overwhelming them a bit and they seem thankful that I stopped that...lol.
- We bought a volcano vaporizer today and are now enjoying some nice blue-cheese in a whole new way!  The flavor is a lot more distinct when vaped... can't wait to try some other strains in the volcano!

:gethigh:

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Starting Week 4 of Flowering [Re: Dayzt]
    #371219 - 02/22/10 09:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, here's the latest on the Dragon ladies! Lots more white hairs coming in - the middle, most exotic looking one is the slowest one to burst it's hairs and is still not really taking off - something tells me she'll go the longest...

The bagseed plant and the Dreamtime plant are both coming along nicely but the others are much nicer looking at this point.

Here's the pic update! Enjoy!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies