Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Inverted]
    #376485 - 03/01/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

How long would you say they will go?  9-10 Weeks?

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#378626 - 03/04/10 09:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If you see this MAGASH, please answer this.

Quote:

Inverted said:
How long would you say they will go?  9-10 Weeks?

I added 4 CFL's to my setup.  I figure the corners could use a boost as the buds furthest from the bulb were lacking compared to the tops in the sweet spot.  I think 150 more watts of red spectrum lighting should help.  I instantly noticed more illumination of the lower growth below the top buds, since light is now coming from more than one angle.  I hope this helps boost my buds a little!  They are really coming along (I think) and the odor is definitely making it's presence known!  Full update coming tomorrow.

I smoked some Bubba Kush with Lucid tonight!  It was great, definitely fits my type of high.  I know it's not going to be the same but at least It's similar.  I also took some pics of his grow of the plants I threw his way when I ran out of space :wink:  They were 3-4 weeks into 12/12 when I gave them to him and he uses a 400w and they are now 8 weeks in and have HUGE buds.  I was so impressed.  Check out the thread in the Pictures Forum.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #378662 - 03/04/10 10:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Those added CFLs make the setup look really pro. I don't think you could arrange the lights any more efficiently.

One thing that has always shyed me away from scrogs is losing the ability to rotate my plants. You've just eliminated that need with side lighting in every corner though. You're making me want to scrog. :thumbup:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/04/10 10:41 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #378741 - 03/05/10 10:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you brother!  That makes me feel good coming from you.  I have no money so this entire grow has been as efficient as possible.  I hope I reap the rewards.  :wink:

I think the buds have a lot of expanding to do.  After seeing how big the nugs became on the plants I gave to Lucid, I feel better.  His were the same size as mine are now, and a month later they are like I said earlier, fist sized.  I don't expect mine to get quite that large, well since I don't have a 400w, but also because of the strain.  I am starting to think about it too much, the last week has taken so much longer than it should have...

You can bet your ass that I'm gonna let these mature completely.  I'm a couchlocker, and getting some of that "stone" feeling pretty much must be present or I feel I'm just not getting high.

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#378769 - 03/05/10 11:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I know what you mean about thinking about it to much, I harvest in a little more then a week now and I think about it all the time, lol this week is going to crawl im sure...

--------------------
Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Frizzleman]
    #379252 - 03/06/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well I didn't get my update again... Sorry guys.

The lights turned off on me when I was working on the plants.  I went through and cleared out the "suckers" from under the screen AGAIN and so far I have pretty much filled a small garbage can with fan leaves and scrap from this grow so far.  The plants are looking really really great and healthy, and I think I took care of the salt buildups just in time with the recent flushing.

I raised my HPS because some of the pistils started turning on the buds in the sweet spot under the bulb, and having it that close is great for the middle of the screen, but then because of the low bulb height, the angle of the light striking the branches/buds around the perimeter of the screen is lacking.  I raised it 2" from 4 to 6 inches and the light seemed to be hitting everything a lot more evenly.  I also think the heat was starting to stress those buds.  I've seen the signs before and I am glad I changed it now before the buds start to "bulge" at the top instead of grow like a spear.  I'm really happy about the layout of the tops and the setup of the lighting now.  I really feel like I might surprise myself come harvest time. :wink:

I also found a handful of nice branches that were buried under the canopy and yellowing from light starvation.  I navigated them into open areas and I gotta say, there are TOO many tops in this screen.  I never thought I would have to say that!  :lol:  I just can't find the heart to actually cut branches down, so I'm just going to let it be the most dense little cannaforest I have ever grown or maybe even seen!  I have to say I'm pretty proud of my work on this one, I really applied myself like I used to.  The basement is really starting to stink, so it's going to be a nice month...  I think my original estimate was close, there are about 20-25 tops that are going to really bring in weight (2-4 gram buds), and probably another 15-20 that won't be great, but will still be 1-2 gram buds or so, plus all of the popcorn below the initial fan leaf canopy.  I'm so excited to blast them with nutrients tomorrow to try to instigate a bud growth burst, and also take pictures although I did just show you the setup 2-3 days ago.

--------------------

Offlineneobean
Shroomweeder

#379267 - 03/06/10 08:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Can't wait to see more of these ladies, they look hella sexy.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #379280 - 03/06/10 09:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hell yeah dude....:popcorn: nugs FTW :lol:

You just answered a question of mine about density and all that under the screen. I couldn't see myself cutting a branch it it's gonna produce a nug, fuck that shit. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Can't wait to see pics :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #379574 - 03/07/10 05:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Man I don't even feel like taking pics of them.  I'm just not seeing much budding progress at all for some reason.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong!?!?

I mean they look like they are 3 weeks into 12/12, but today is the end of the 5th week!  Shouldn't there be some nice sized buds already???  I'm kinda getting worried, because they are either going to take forever to bulk up and finish, or my yields are just going to absolutely suck.  I really don't know what is wrong, everything seems perfect, but the buds just aren't trucking along like they should.  I know it can't just be because I'm only using a 150w HPS, because my last grow the buds were pretty fucking big.  I don't know what to say... :nonono:

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #379577 - 03/07/10 05:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Great things come to those who wait.:yesnod:

Magash has said that his genetics tend to pack on the weight in the last few weeks of flowering so just give it time man.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Stoneth]
    #379578 - 03/07/10 05:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah you are probably right Stoneth, that is what he said.  Also I went back and looked at my last run and my buds look about the same size as they did in that run and those turned out to be big nice nugs, so I think I'm just getting myself worked up because I see other Hydro grows were after 35 days in they have full size colas already, I suppose I can't really compare a soil grow to a hydro grow in that sense.  Thanks for the reassurance.  :thumbup:  I think the Skunk pheno cola is going to be huge because it has just started to form... lol

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#379882 - 03/08/10 09:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah man im sure you are just fine, though you should build one of my systems anyway lol

--------------------
Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #380205 - 03/08/10 04:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think you're gonna be fine. I think you mentioned you recently flushed them and were fucking around with the branches under the screen a lot.  The plant is just getting it's bearings back a little I think man.  Once you start feeding again, I have a feeling things will go back to normal (budding and whatnot).

So like Stoneth said, patience is a virtue. Well, that's not what he really said, but you get it. Right? Good. :rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #380375 - 03/08/10 07:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Day 35 of 12/12 (I estimate the first pheno will finish at 60, and last at ~70+ days)

Yeah, I'll be fine alright, but I just like it when my plants produce BIG nugs.

I'm the type of guy that will sacrifice quantity for higher quality so it's all good!  I just think I got an unlucky sativa pheno, because it's barely budding, but looks like it will have big buds in the long run, it's just going to take me 10 or 11 weeks to finish her.  It also showed the traits in the leaves during Veg, but didn't stretch like a sativa.  Very cool.  I won't mind waiting for her to finish because one of the plants is on course and doing like I expected them all to do, but they all vary!  I like variety in smoke so I guess that works out too!  3 of the clones ended up surviving, alone in the dark somehow, so 3/4 phenos have been preserved, along with another batch I took a week ago that seem to be rooting because I have all the right equipment for cloning now, minus the rockwool.  Depleted soil seems to be working in lieu for the time being.

Here is a photo of the SS sativa'ish phenotype.  You can see it in the center, slightly taller than her surrounding tops, but that is the apical tip of that plant.  The surrounding tops are other pheno's I believe.

And some other random shots of the girls.  I didn't get a close up of the back/left side but you get the idea, some tops are further ahead of others for reasons unknown, but if it comes down to it, I'll just harvest the tops that are mature as I go along.

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#380443 - 03/08/10 08:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looks great.  Nice and frosty.  Those are some very healthy looking plants.  Nice and green. 

I would think the buds are not going to get as big because you're doing scrog.  Instead of a nice coke can cola you're going to get lots of smaller ones.  It probably wouldn't hurt to upgrade that 150 at some point too.

Edited by dsotm (03/08/10 08:30 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: dsotm]
    #380446 - 03/08/10 08:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well said sir and thank you for reminding me of that fact.  I totally blanked that out for some reason.  You are right about the 150w, but the thing is, it's going to give me nearly the same intensity as a 250 or 400 because I keep it so close that the lumens at canopy level are still quite impressive.

If I were to expand on this AT ALL, that is going to be the first thing replaced... :wink:  Although it did create big colas with my last plants so I have hope still!  Soil is just slower than Hydro, plain and simple.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #380603 - 03/09/10 02:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice looking plants there.  I do see some speckling on some of those fan leaves that looks like spider mite damage, but it could easily be artifacts from the camera shot.

I would say cola size in respect to flowering time is totally subjective to strain, and adding those supplemental CFLs is a definite plus.  When it comes to bud size light is easily the #1 factor.  All the bud boosters in the world can't compete with more light.  I notice you said they were red spectrum, which is an obvious choice due to it being the better for flower development.  However, if you were to add a daylight spectrum CFL or two, 6500K preferably, you would also get UVB, which has been shown to have a positive effect of bud density.  I even use two 42W 6500K CFLs in addition to my 600W Hortilux HPS.

BTW, the Gravity is in the mail and should be there soon.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #380631 - 03/09/10 05:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
If I were to expand on this AT ALL....

If? What happened to the when? :shrug:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: dutc2006]
    #380667 - 03/09/10 09:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The speckling is because I just misted the plants right before I took the pictures.  I don't usually but the lights just went out so I figured I'd give it a shot in the dark since it won't cause any harm then.  Awesome I'll be checking the mail shortly!

Dr. - I can't expand on my setup in my current situation.  Trust me, I do all my work in the summer, so in a couple months look for some new logs... :wink:  I prefer trees.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #380689 - 03/09/10 10:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That sucks man, I feel for you. I want to see what you can do with a big(ger) light. I understand where you're coming from though.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds