Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Inverted]
    #374381 - 02/26/10 09:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

geez, look at that.  Already starting to get some bulk to them!  It looks like these plants are going to have a nice high calyx to leaf ratio.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #374393 - 02/26/10 09:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

bout time you updated. shit's lookin good man. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #374443 - 02/26/10 11:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:yourock:

That's plain gorgeous...How do you still have leaves under that canopy?

My friend and I were talkin bout SCROG today.  He said something like 1 inch squares are the best, but I was going to go with some 2 inch ones cause I already have it...

I don't why he assumes this, but it got me thinking after pointing out you still have leaves under the canopy...

If the nodes are still alive under the canopy, could you top the whole canopy come harvest, and start veg over again?  I normally would consider starting over, but it sounds really convenient and sensible if the plant doesn't die.

Offlineenno
starman
Male User Gallery

Loc: space
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #374451 - 02/27/10 12:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
bout time you updated. shit's lookin good man. :thumbup:

:dancer:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: enno]
    #374462 - 02/27/10 01:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:awehigh:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Dephect]
    #374491 - 02/27/10 08:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Love those trichs. Bet your glad you flowered when you did now that box is looking packed.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #374550 - 02/27/10 11:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm guessing 7 pounds!

But seriously, looking very good man. Awesome! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #374561 - 02/27/10 11:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow thank you all, I didn't think it was that nice!?

Praise Magash, he's the father of these genes.  I just happen to be handy with DIY and finally wanted to apply some of my knowledge.  I'm getting pretty anxious, as you know I am relying on myself to smoke unless I get lucky.  I'm keeping a close eye on your shit Harry, I think this will be your best run yet...

I think I will get a few ounces, nothing spectacular but it's definitely going to be pretty decent considering I'm only using a 150w.  I did a pretty adequate job of training everything into the screen, although some plants unexpectedly stretched more than others, so there wasn't much I could do with out more space.  My screen is LOADED!

Thanks guys, I really take compliments to heart.  :vaped:  I can't wait to take some macros of these finished up.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #374646 - 02/27/10 02:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looking great dude, you're going to have a good pull!

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #375062 - 02/28/10 09:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks dude!  I'm very happy about the pace of flowering.  It took them a while to get going but they have really taken off.  It's really impressing me.

I took a couple shots really quick last night right after the lights went off.  Sorry for the quality the camera has problem auto-focusing in the dark :tongue:  I don't think the buds are going to be very big, but I do think that these are going to be really really good.  I foresee the Skunk Pheno plant will be yielding good, as well as the Hindu x Master in the back left corner.  She's super super frosty too and smells very unique.  I almost wanted to say hashy/sandalwood type smell.  I love it...  I've never used genetics this nice before.

:vaped:

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#375217 - 02/28/10 01:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Those are looking nice and healthy.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: dsotm]
    #375734 - 02/28/10 10:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:sunny:  Thank you man, I've been feeding them a lot, and am going to back off from now on.

They are very thirsty, and I'm going to start giving them good waterings every 2 days, I want to make sure they are not transpiring off the water faster than the roots can uptake it because of my low RH (~30%).

I just wish I could have a hydro setup, it seems like they produce faster and larger than soil, but I do have a lot of experience with soil and think I have it figured out.  We'll see.  3 of the plants were showing a lot of Bubba during veg so they might have some low yields.  We shall see :sherlock:

:awetongue:  They have a lot of time left, but I just don't have any idea on yield at all still.  I am wondering if I reduced my potential yield by implementing the scrog.  What do you guys think?

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #375871 - 03/01/10 06:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think you should stress bout yield beautiful plants great genetics the smoke will be fantastic. I reckon u got more by scroggin it tho, you'll see the benefits of it once they start densing up soon. good job brother

:jah:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #376222 - 03/01/10 02:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

everything I've read is that Scrog is supposed to increase your yields....

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376249 - 03/01/10 03:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

True.  I just think yields will be low because of the lineage.  That's fine with me though because if it's really that good, then I won't need to smoke much to get high.  I just checked on them and they are really really starting to put off some odor.  I can't stress enough how anxious I am for them to finish up.

:vaped:  Although this has given me a chance to sample the local herb, which is always like 100% amber trichs and couchlock to shit.  I grew up on weed like that though so I like it for the most part, except for wake n bakes...

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376254 - 03/01/10 03:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Heh i feel that. I love me some slow onset couchlocking indicas but whenever i find some thats really good i try to get a bowl of something else thrown in for the mornings.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: pha3r0]
    #376435 - 03/01/10 07:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've found that most often strains which are low yielder's make up for lack of weight with an increase in potency.  The shittiest yielding plant I grew ended up being the strongest smoke I've harvested.  I'm gonna take another crack at that one probably this fall, I only got one shot with her and I had a hard time due to problems.

Anyways, that screen is packed man, you'll take in a nice harvest regardless of final weight.  I would much rather yield less but have to smoke less, then pull in a pound but need a gram to catch a buzz.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: coda]
    #376447 - 03/01/10 07:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i think you did the right thing scrogin it.  :cheers: to a bountiful harvest!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376464 - 03/01/10 07:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
True.  I just think yields will be low because of the lineage.  That's fine with me though because if it's really that good, then I won't need to smoke much to get high.  I just checked on them and they are really really starting to put off some odor.  I can't stress enough how anxious I am for them to finish up.

:vaped:  Although this has given me a chance to sample the local herb, which is always like 100% amber trichs and couchlock to shit.  I grew up on weed like that though so I like it for the most part, except for wake n bakes...

The high will have a little of the couch lock to it but will have that sativa effect on the head. Now as far as the yields go don't sweat it there not gonna be low. By the time they finish you should have a pretty nice chunk of bud. They will explode in the last week or two of flowering. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Magash]
    #376482 - 03/01/10 07:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Coda- Yeah that seems to be the case.  I agree with you on the higher quality thing.

FB-  Each week seems to take longer than the last, but it will be well worth the wait!  I think I made the right choice too.  Only a few branches were lost, but they were donated to my veg/clone box :awesome:

Quote:

Magash said:
The high will have a little of the couch lock to it but will have that sativa effect on the head. Now as far as the yields go don't sweat it there not gonna be low. By the time they finish you should have a pretty nice chunk of bud. They will explode in the last week or two of flowering. :wink:

It's so awesome to have you here and able to clarify things like that!  I'm really glad because I know you know more about the final product than I ever will!  So far each phenotype has it's strong points, and there is no severe differences.  The one skunk pheno is going to have a huge top bud, I can tell.  It's not as developed as the more indica leaning plants, but I bet it will take longer to mature and have a heavier budset.

I'm so stoked, the smell is like nothing I have ever encountered, I can't even begin to describe it, but it's definitely berry/fruity.  Very strong aroma lingers in the room after a light brush against some of the tops.  I bet these will taste absolutely amazing with a good cure!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds