Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: phantom]
    #357050 - 02/02/10 10:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Inverted]
    #357065 - 02/02/10 11:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

dude i can't wait. i'm gonna learn so much...i think. :lol:

*ahemlotsapicsahem*

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #357099 - 02/03/10 03:50 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Man, your cab really puts mine to shame.... The walls are so smooth!  Insanely clean bro...  I'm feeling what you're saying about the height too.  I don't use about a foot of my vert after training... and it took my plant a 10 week veg to make a canopy out of a 2 gal pot anyway, so it's not like we can squeeze any more plants in there by keeping them skinny.... Unless maybe we could get some tall skinny pots?  :bongload:

So where does your air actually go?  Is the cab sitting in a large room that maintains ambient?  Mine's in a tiny closet that heats up quick... Nice you don't have to use a scrubber either..

ROck on dude  :rockon:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: DudeTron]
    #357143 - 02/03/10 09:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking very plush! Can you tell me or show me how even the canopy is before the screen? The one I am running is going to be replaced by 2-4 in the next run. They will be clones but I am wondering how well they will stay even. Have you noticed them completing for height or are they staying fairly low and even with the LST?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: pha3r0]
    #357181 - 02/03/10 11:19 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
dude i can't wait. i'm gonna learn so much...i think. :lol:

*ahemlotsapicsahem*

I hope so!  I know I ramble A LOT, but it's only because I want to give people details to go along with the grow.  That and I'm high as fuck.  :shrug:

Quote:

DudeTron said:
Man, your cab really puts mine to shame.... The walls are so smooth!  Insanely clean bro...  I'm feeling what you're saying about the height too.  I don't use about a foot of my vert after training... and it took my plant a 10 week veg to make a canopy out of a 2 gal pot anyway, so it's not like we can squeeze any more plants in there by keeping them skinny.... Unless maybe we could get some tall skinny pots?  :bongload:

So where does your air actually go?  Is the cab sitting in a large room that maintains ambient?  Mine's in a tiny closet that heats up quick... Nice you don't have to use a scrubber either..

ROck on dude  :rockon:

Thank You!  I took a lot of time making it just right for what I wanted.

There is a small, shitty, unfinished basement where I live, which barely gets any outside light so it works great.  NO ONE goes down there anyways, but I built the cab that way nonetheless.  Yes the air just get's exchanged into the basement, which has the ventilation system in it so the basement air gets fresh air all the time too.  I have been following your journal and am liking what I am seeing.  I totally agree with using LST in personal grows.  I really feel it boosts yields significantly.

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
Looking very plush! Can you tell me or show me how even the canopy is before the screen? The one I am running is going to be replaced by 2-4 in the next run. They will be clones but I am wondering how well they will stay even. Have you noticed them completing for height or are they staying fairly low and even with the LST?

Thanks man!  Yes I'll show you the before after.  These plants were actually very similar in height before training, but I just wanted the lower budsites to produce stronger, and giving them more of the growth hormones is the best way I can think of.  I should be putting the screen on in the next day or two if the branching takes off like I expect.

Don't mind the other plants in the back.  The 4 main plants are the Bubba x SS.  This is before tying down the 2nd time.

After tying

They stay perfectly even with the LST because you can decide exactly how tall you want each little bush.  It is important to start early though, by 3 weeks of veg. I would recommend the first adjustment.

As for competing for height, I have noticed these plants to be nearly equal in growth rates and internode distance (all <1").

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#357187 - 02/03/10 11:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Cool beans.

The canopy on 'The Dream' is pretty even after 2 weeks of flowering things haven't stretched out unevenly so we aren't even going to put in the screen like we had planned.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#357191 - 02/03/10 11:36 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm debating that very same concept.  I've done a good enough job of keeping everything even and branching that I'm not even sure I need it, but experience tells me that by the time I change my mind it will be too late to do anything about it so I'm probably going to suck it up and install it anyways, plus it brings more foliage into the lighting "sweet spot", so whatever bud grows there should be nice and dense.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #357225 - 02/03/10 01:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good! Those pots look familiar, don't they kick ass? I'm pretty sure they are closer to 3 gallons fwiw.

Can't wait to see these flower.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #357234 - 02/03/10 02:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:lol:  I was thinking the same thing when I was re-reading your journal yesterday!  I love em' man, never going to use anything else.  I can fit so much more soil into those than a round container.

Quote:

206 said:
Can't wait to see these flower.

You read my mind.  They are taking the tie down great.  The branches are nice and thick.  These would make great mothers.  I'm dying to see buds form.

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#357328 - 02/03/10 06:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey let me in on the bucket secret guys! if we keep 4 of the clones to flower and 2 as mothers those square buckets would fit very nice in the freeezer.

Quote:

Inverted said:
I'm debating that very same concept.  I've done a good enough job of keeping everything even and branching that I'm not even sure I need it, but experience tells me that by the time I change my mind it will be too late to do anything about it so I'm probably going to suck it up and install it anyways, plus it brings more foliage into the lighting "sweet spot", so whatever bud grows there should be nice and dense.

Heh well hopefully in 20 days I dont look back at this and :facepalm: if momma gets unruly.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #357357 - 02/03/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh dude i love the ramblings. i'll take as much info as possible man. reason being is that your grows are very similar to what i'll eventually be doing. except mine will probably be in a closet. but same size light and shit. so as you're doing trial and error for the most part, i'm learning what does and doesn't work as well. i'll take all the info you wanna give man. keep it comin.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #357367 - 02/03/10 08:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
Hey let me in on the bucket secret guys! if we keep 4 of the clones to flower and 2 as mothers those square buckets would fit very nice in the freeezer.

Quote:

Inverted said:

Heh well hopefully in 20 days I dont look back at this and :facepalm: if momma gets unruly.

I got them at the hydro shop.  They have great drainage holes in the bottom and are the perfect size IMO.  Plus they are nice and thick and only cost me $2.50 a piece, so I can use them forever. 

I think you will be alright as long as you have the space.

FBD-  Good, that's what I figured is that I could inspire some personal closet growers to create some good harvests to keep them supplied.  I stay high as fuck for free, it feels good.

Well I took clones tonight!  Didn't get the scrog set up, but that will give me something to do tomorrow during the day :wink:

I think I did a pretty textbook job on them, although they may seem small, they were nice 6 inch stems before I cut them down, nice soft stems but they weren't the runt branches so they should have a decent amount of hormones in them.  This is the 2nd time I've cloned so hopefully I get 100% survival rate.  I took 2 from the Hindu/Master Kush and 1 from each of the other moms.  Since they are f1's, I might be able to find a unique cross out of the 4, which I already have my eye on one for a permanent mom.  I need to get some MANEATER so I can get another mom going.  I'm going to use clones for grows from here on out if this goes well.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #357455 - 02/03/10 10:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good. I like the way you did the lst. Looks like you gave my genetics a good home. :thumbup:

Always watching :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: Magash]
    #357542 - 02/04/10 08:25 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah those ought to do you alright. cloning isn't rocket science you just gotta make sure you have all the tools and equipment ready and follow the directions. i guess that makes it rocket science for some people though.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Offlinedsotm
Male

#357589 - 02/04/10 11:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking awesome man.  Can't wait to see some buds forming.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: dsotm]
    #357817 - 02/04/10 08:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Looking good. I like the way you did the lst. Looks like you gave my genetics a good home. :thumbup:

Always watching :wink:

Thank you Magash, your opinion is always important to me. :thumbup:

I am so appreciative for these seeds.  Even though they weren't your main line and were only f1's, I am already in love with them.  I've never bought seeds from a seed bank but I would have to assume these are at least the same, but probably higher in quality then what I would buy.

The thing is they have just absolutely flourished from day one.  There are definitely 4 different phenotypes but they all have an almost identical trunk length and thickness.  3/4 are HEAVY Indica, and the 4th (and my favorite) seems to have just a slight Sativa influence to her.  She grew the most healthy, and had the most symmetrical growth out of any plant I've ever grown.  Good job Mag.  You are the man :smile:

Now I just need some Maneater!  Wink wink, nudge nudge!  :lol:

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
yeah those ought to do you alright. cloning isn't rocket science you just gotta make sure you have all the tools and equipment ready and follow the directions. i guess that makes it rocket science for some people though.

Oh I know it's not complicated.  The first time I tried it I just plopped some super shitty runt branches into some super sopping wet and soggy soil in a cup, left em in a cupboard w/ 2 CFL's for a week and a half and one died and one rooted and showed growth right away.

I did it a lot more professional this time and used branches that weren't the worst, but not the best on the plant, so they should show some vigor.  I hope.  But I'm not worried.  I checked on them today and I have a light warming the soil and they are all just slightly warm to the touch :grin:  That makes me happy because I know keeping the medium slightly warm (~80 degrees) is important to stimulate root formation.

Quote:

dsotm said:
Looking awesome man.  Can't wait to see some buds forming.

Thank you!  I was inspired to match your results with your recent journal, even though I only have a 150w HPS.  I might add the CFL's anyways, as the heat is not a problem at all w/ this FAE design.  I can't believe how much they have exploded since I put them in the new Cab...  I'm so glad I did it up proper for these beautiful ladies!

The first picture is the night before I switched from the non-ventilated box (3 Days Ago), and the second group is from today.  I love it.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #357852 - 02/04/10 10:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Everything is looking nice and clean and green, it doesn't get any better. Those look like some choice genetics too so hats off to Magash. Can't wait to see these bud up, I'll be watching. Your plant on the left below really reminds me of a Double Gum pheno I had a while back. The DG (on the right) was a little further along when that pic was taken but still, they could be cousins or better haha.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinedsotm
Male

#357933 - 02/05/10 07:11 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It looks like your going to do a lot more then match my results.  My plants were smaller then that when I flipped them.  Although I think they have a lot of sativa traits in them.  Keep up the good work.  I really want to see how those turn out.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Bubba Kush x Super Skunk, Hindu x Master Kush - Scrog [Re: dsotm]
    #357936 - 02/05/10 07:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

About the clones Inverted. I borrowed a reptile heating pad from a buddy for my batch. They are very thin and hit just about exactly 80degrees. not sure of the price but when i looked at seeding mats i decided it would be better, size was a factor too I didn't need a 2x4 mat to put 6 clones on :smile:

I just put it under a pie tin full of wetted perlite and set my jiffy's right on the perlite and under a clear rubbermaid tote. had my first roots in 8 or 9 days.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#358142 - 02/05/10 04:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dsotm said:
It looks like your going to do a lot more then match my results.  My plants were smaller then that when I flipped them.  Although I think they have a lot of sativa traits in them.  Keep up the good work.  I really want to see how those turn out.

Thanks buddy, It means a lot!  The 4 from Magash are all heavy Indica, just the way I like it.  The 4th, the Troublemaker (Hindu x Master Kush) is a little more lanky, but the Scrog should take care of that!  I snapped a couple quick shots after I trained all applicable tops, I also cleared out some of the undergrowth.

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
About the clones Inverted. I borrowed a reptile heating pad from a buddy for my batch. They are very thin and hit just about exactly 80degrees. not sure of the price but when i looked at seeding mats i decided it would be better, size was a factor too I didn't need a 2x4 mat to put 6 clones on :smile:

I just put it under a pie tin full of wetted perlite and set my jiffy's right on the perlite and under a clear rubbermaid tote. had my first roots in 8 or 9 days.

That sounds like a good idea.  For now I'm just going to leave them be.  I can feel the warmth of the medium and they are all nice and happy inside their little domes.  All of them have vent holes in the top.  I have a good feeling about them.

Here's after training.  I hope this is worth it, because they seemed just fine the way they were, but I think it will keep everything really controlled.  They don't look the best but I'm sure after a few days things will need to be adjusted again.

I'm pretty happy with the results though, it pulled everything into the sweet spot of the HPS. 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds