Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
LA Confidential x Skunk UPDATE (Harvest Pictures) 5-22-10
    #336199 - 12/25/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So I took advantage of the attitude's free seed offer.  I grabbed all five strains available and chose this one to start with.  I remember when DNA released LA Conf and heard nothing but good things about it.  Never grew a skunk strain before either.  So now I have the chance to grow both at once, sort of :wink:

The plants are five days old having pushed through to the surface on monday.  Unfortunately I didn't get them close to the light quick enough so they stretched a bit :frown:  I'll deal with it somehow, shouldn't affect me too much and they are now about 3-4 inches from the T-5's.  I decided to keep them in a hempy cup and grow them this way.  If keeping a mom in a hempy bucket isn't too much of a pain I may go with it as I really like this method. 

So that's about it.  Only received three seeds so that's all I have from this strain.  Hopefully one of them turns out to be a girl, although having a couple of pheno's to choose from would be nice too.  I'll probably get to flower her for my march run, so got a ways to go with these babies.  This also marks my first purchase with a true seed bank, everything else I've grown has been handed to me.  Hopefully they do me right!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoogles
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: coda]
    #336274 - 12/25/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Good luck, Coda!

Offlinedsotm
Male

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: moogles]
    #336370 - 12/25/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Looking forward to this grow.  This and the Kushberry x Skunk are what I was planning on trying first out of my free seeds.  Good luck with the grow.

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: dsotm]
    #336438 - 12/26/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Really looking forward to follow this one.

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: phantom]
    #336444 - 12/26/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, I'm really excited about this one too. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a small run before summer hits.

--------------------

Offlinemoogles
    #336472 - 12/26/09 02:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Squeeze it like your old jeans.

You got it before summer, no problem :thumbup:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: moogles]
    #339344 - 01/03/10 09:47 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Day 13

Just a quick update.  These girls aren't looking so hot, I'm not used to hydro in the veg stage and think I waited too long to give them food.  Fed them @ 1 tsp FN Grow/Gal water.  They perked up really fast after the feeding, I'm sure the light green color will darken up after a few more feedings.  Aside from this small problem they're doing well, I'll be transplanting them to their final home in about 2 weeks I'm guessing.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #339355 - 01/03/10 10:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'd tell you to put them slightly closer to the light and bury the stem on transplant but I know you already know this.

Soooo in other words.  Nice, I wanna see how these turn out.  I'm not a fan of AF strains so this is more worthy to me.

IMO you can pretty much AF any strain, just put it into 12/12 from seed, the plant will end up looking the same? 

Not knockin on you at all man just basically talking to myself :tongue:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Inverted]
    #339359 - 01/03/10 10:37 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yah, they stretched because I let them sit in the humidity dome a day too long which was about 2 ft from the T-5.  Moved them right up to the lamp for the past week, now they're about 6 inches from the bulbs.  The T-5's I have seem to love frying leaves, I think it's scorched a few spots on the babies already.  So, I just dropped them down which also brings them more level to my fan.  Hopefully that will help strengthen some of the weaker stems.

And yes, when I transplant I'll bury an inch or two of stem on the stretchy ones.

About the AF thing, yes it's possible to achieve the same size and structure as an AF strain.  But it's not really the same thing.  AF plants will have reached maturity by the time they're ready to flower, seedlings won't.  AF stems will have also hardened up a lot more then a seedling would have and would be able to handle an HID light a bit easier then a seedling would.

Regardless the AF strains are novelty items, I don't see myself ever buying a pack of seeds, but I had to grow them at least once just to see what it was like.  I actually clipped a "tester" bud last night for the hell of it.  For being 3 weeks away from the first potential day to harvest the buzz was not bad at all.  Total head high, but for what really equated to probably one solid bong hit I caught a nice little buzz for an hour or so.  Can't wait to see the full potential of the buds.

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#339960 - 01/04/10 11:24 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Not looking too bad, I bet they bounce right back once you give them a little food.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #340051 - 01/04/10 03:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yup, one plant has recovered quite nicely.  I had dosed that one earlier then the others as a test to see if my strength was ok or not.  It bounced back and is looking a lot better.  The slight necrosis on the newer growth is bothering me, I'm pretty sure it's due to a Ph imbalance though and shouldn't be an issue now that the plants are receiving food.  They'll receive another dose of 1 tsp/gal tonight of FN Grow.  Should help clean up any remaining problems and get them back on their merry way.

BTW the picture shows them as a darker green then they really are.  All the leaves were very pale green/light yellow (obvious sign of N def).  I'm not sure if the plant is uptaking Mg well right now either due to the "tacoed" leaves I'm seeing.  Again this might have to do with my Ph being a little out of wack. 

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #341106 - 01/05/10 07:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Three days from the last picture and all plants are recovering and doing very well.  The nutes greened them up and have caused a nice little explosion in growth.  I fed them this morning at the same strength.  Will probably feed them again tomorrow night and then step up a strength level next week.

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#341229 - 01/05/10 09:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's quite a comeback in 3 days!  Looking good.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #341245 - 01/05/10 09:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes sir, still trying to get used to this hydro thing.  I'm so used to vegging in soil where plants don't even start needing nutes until maybe they're this size or bigger.  Next time I start some seeds I'll hit them with the nutes much sooner.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #349574 - 01/18/10 06:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Day 29 of veg.

Topped and put the tops into the cloning chamber on saturday.  This is so I can sex them early and get a quicker start on flowering.  The plants suffered some form of nutrient problems, not sure if the Ph was too high, or if there was too much food.  Had some odd discolorations on the fans, but the new growth was coming in nice and green with no problems.  They're just getting plain water at around 6.0 Ph right now to alleviate any more problems and get them a little flushed out.  I'll probably resume feeding them sometime this week.  They also need a transplant badly but I'm too poor to afford a big bag of perlite (and all the big box stores only carry miracle gro infused perlite)

Once they're transplanted I'll begin training them.  I'm doing my best to keep them as small as possible.  I let my Sour D mom get too big and now she's taking up a ton of room (and will most likely be subject to a severe pruning in another week).

That's it for now.  Soon as those clones root in the flowering cab they go to get sexed.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#352096 - 01/22/10 08:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck on the sexing. Keep us posted

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Offlinethe man

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: NightGrower]
    #352332 - 01/23/10 01:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hows the smell?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: the man]
    #352344 - 01/23/10 01:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No smell at the moment.  Just picked up some snowstorm ultra.  Will be adding it into the nutrient regiment at the next feeding.  Unfortunately I'm already battling high temps.  Cab temps hit 87 last night.  Can't open the window because I'm drying buds and the smell is too strong.  I'm already looking into a window AC unit, but I wouldn't be able to put that in for another few months.  Just gotta figure out a way to effectively move the warm out of the outer room so the cab temps can drop.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#352457 - 01/23/10 07:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

no cold air intakes near your grow??

really no smell even when you rub the stems???

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: the man]
    #352459 - 01/23/10 07:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, yah, there's that I suppose.  I just meant no noticeable odor coming off of the plants.  They're still relatively young in the flowering cycle. 

I pull in air from the outside room which is the same room I exhaust in to.  So my cold air source gets warmed from my exhaust.  Can't modify the house so I'm a bit stuck.  AC is the only way to fix it without tearing a 6 inch hole in my ceiling.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Male

#352506 - 01/23/10 10:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

My temps get pretty bad at times (peak). I have 2 boxes, side by side, both for flowering and I made my own vent (to replace the standard one in the ceiling) and ran a 4" duct out of the vent and connected it to a "y" connector and ran each duct into its own cab.
When the air comes on, the temp drops 5-7 degrees easy. I didnt nail anything, no damage done to the house.

You just need a piece of carboard, size it a bit bigger than the vent and then cut a hole for the duct and duck tape it to the ceiling.

-2cents

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #352513 - 01/23/10 11:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yah, thing is I can't really have ducting running from my cab to the ceiling like that :wink:  That's how I had my old cabinet set up, just not an option right now.  I'll figure something out.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #352547 - 01/24/10 02:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That outer room, does it have a light or fan fixture in the ceiling that you could expose to the attic?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: dutc2006]
    #352597 - 01/24/10 09:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

no attic in my house.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #355116 - 01/29/10 09:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Put two of the clones in flowering tonight, the other one is just refusing to root.  Going to give it a couple more days then just ditch it if it doesn't.  I desperately need the room in my veg cabinet that the cloning chamber is taking up.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #355750 - 01/30/10 09:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 41 of veg

Well, the last clone finally showed roots today so in the solo cup she went.  Tried to go from the cloning chamber to the HPS buuuuut... That didn't work out too well :wink:  So I stuck the third clone back in the veg cab to develop some more roots and become a bit more established.  The other three "moms" have just been transplanted today since the last clone showed roots.  So they hit their final home, hopefully it doesn't take too long for the clones to show sex.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Male

#356334 - 02/01/10 07:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the update.

Why the droopy leaves on that plant in the first 3 pics? Is that the clone you put back to veg and establish itself?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #356505 - 02/01/10 04:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh, sorry, thought I had mentioned that.  Those three plants were due for a watering.  Instead of just watering them I transplanted and watered.  They hadn't perked up when I took the photo's but look just fine now.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #358550 - 02/06/10 03:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

One confirmed female today and it looks like the other two are males.  My loupe got left in the flowering cab so I won't know for sure later tonight.  At least I have one girl to play with.  Funny thing is it was the plant I was hoping would be a girl so that made happy.  So that's 47 days from seed to pre-flowers.

Since I think the other two are male I went ahead and put the three Kushberry x Skunk seeds into some peat pellets to germinate.  Those should be popped out of the surface by tues/wed and I'll track them in this grow log too.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #358590 - 02/06/10 06:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That is great about the female, hopefully you get 2-3 from the kushberry too. Are you considering breeding more LA Conf x skunk or crossing with Kushberry?

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #358604 - 02/06/10 07:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No breeding because I don't have room for it.  I wish I had the ability to do something like that, but for now I'll just be happy to grow them.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #361903 - 02/10/10 07:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

There's the three kushberry's that popped through the surface on monday.  Judging from 206's grow log, and my two experiences, the germination rate on these beans is top notch.  I think 206 said out of his entire lot he only had a few duds.  So far I'm 6/6 so no complaints in that department.  I managed to get them out of the humidity dome as soon as they popped through so the stretch was a lot less compared to the LA confidential's.  They just got transplanted to the solo cups tonight with a very light watering to rehydrate the peat pellet, and moisten down the perlite.  I'll hit them up with a dose of thrive alive plus maybe a 1/4 tsp of some Flora nova grow.  I think I'll most likely skip the FN, but the thrive alive has been pretty awesome when it comes to cuttings and sprouts.

Finally I have two confirmed females from the LA's, and one male.  Luckily for me the two clones that had made into flowering early were the two girls, so score on that one.  They were transplanted into the one gallon containers a few days ago, watered with 1/2 tsp FN Grow and 1/2 tsp FN Bloom.  I had been keeping the feedings kind of light with them since the mom's seemed to be suffering from a nutrient problem.  So because of this they paled a bunch, at the worst they were a very light green.  Not yellow, but when I compared it to the last cutting I had the difference was unmistakable.  Since the feeding they've started greening up a bunch and should be back to a nice healthy dark green after one or two more feedings I'm guessing.  I think I'd much rather have an underfeeding problem then anything else.  With this grow the max I plan on giving them is 8 mls of FN Bloom, or 5 mls of FN Bloom + a light to medium dose of kool bloom.  I tend to be pretty heavy when it comes to nutrients, so for once I'd like to take a different path and see how well I can do at feeding them with much lighter doses then in the past.

I'll get some pics up of the LA's soon, too lazy for it tonight :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #361924 - 02/10/10 07:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Nice to see how this is working since I will be doing this soon. Do you pop your seeds right in those pellets?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Triptonic]
    #361927 - 02/10/10 07:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yah, I do all my propagation work in peat pellets.  They're just too easy and cheap not to.  Just hyrdate them, hollow out a little hole (the pre-built one usually collapses), pop the seed in, and lightly cover it.  Most of my seeds pop within 3 days.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#361929 - 02/10/10 07:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm I might have to go pick those up soon. Also when do you start feeding?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #361939 - 02/10/10 07:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Second watering in like 2-3 days.  I'm not waiting this time, last time around the two week mark they were suffering from lack of food.  So I'm just going to start them off with some really light doses.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#361940 - 02/10/10 07:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

And are you using the Flora Nova series?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #361962 - 02/10/10 08:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, plus I'll be adding in liquid and dry kool bloom as well.  Also picked up some clearex which is new to my nutrient collection.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#361972 - 02/10/10 08:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds good man, I will be following this closely.

Offlinedsotm
Male

#362020 - 02/10/10 09:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just used FloraNova with the liquid and dry KoolBloom for my grow..  Good Stuff.

Good to see you got some females.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #362164 - 02/11/10 07:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
There's the three kushberry's that popped through the surface on monday.  Judging from 206's grow log, and my two experiences, the germination rate on these beans is top notch.  I think 206 said out of his entire lot he only had a few duds.  So far I'm 6/6 so no complaints in that department.

Yeah I actually had 14/15 pop, these are the best freebies ever!

Is that LA Conf stinking yet? :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #362487 - 02/11/10 04:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

no smell at all.  The buds have just started coming in though. I think they're just at the two week mark.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#362729 - 02/11/10 08:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Man my entire basement reeks from my little scrog.  I've never had a problem w/ smell before but damn, and they don't even have pistils forming yet.  I may need to think about adding at least a bunch of aquarium activated carbon filters since I have a bunch from my aquarium.

It will at least help.  I don't want the main floor stinking 24/7...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #362758 - 02/11/10 08:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

heh, well, I hope I end up in the same boat.  I'd really love to end up with a really skunky strain.  It's one of my favorite tastes/odors in the cannabis world and I've never grown a strain that just screamed skunk.

BTW, small update, I'm officially a blind person.  The second female, which I originally marked as a male, well was actually a male.  Axed that fucker down and now have to say out of three plants only one girl.  Better then none!  Apparently what I though was the formation of pistils in the buds were actually razor thin leaf tips.  The clone showed the nuts quite clearly today.  Went and checked the plant in the veg cab, and sure enough, the preflowers finally matured enough to show male (they were too small to tell before for my eyes).

The upside is that now I'll have even more room in my veg cabinet for a little while :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#362760 - 02/11/10 08:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You should somehow ship me pollen.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #362770 - 02/11/10 08:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would if the plant wasn't lying in the bottom of my "disposalize" pile.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#362777 - 02/11/10 08:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Damn it, I kinda want to cross hashberry with somethin.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#362800 - 02/11/10 09:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:

I am currently harvesting pollen from a heavy bubba pheno.  I've got a lot.  I'm excited.  Lots and lots of little bubba skunks in my future!!! Woot

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#362801 - 02/11/10 09:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

I am currently harvesting pollen from a heavy bubba pheno.  I've got a lot.  I'm excited.  Lots and lots of little bubba skunks in my future!!! Woot

Quote:

Triptonic said:

Is that more indica or sativa.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#362805 - 02/11/10 09:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It's super super Indica.  I had to trim a big pile of leaves from this crop because literally NO light was getting past the canopy, no matter how strong the light is...

The fingers are up to 2.5" wide...  They almost feel velvety on the few that are heavier Bubba.  I got one that is almost pure Skunk, it's got hybrid looking leaves, and almost a blue hue to the vegetation.  Very unique.  It's actually my favorite plant...

but the pollen I harvested was from the Heaviest Bubba looking plant I had.  The leaves were nearly furry.  It was Awesome and the fastest growing plant in the pack.  I'm excited to use him for breeding...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #363381 - 02/12/10 07:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 13 Flowering

There's a few pics of the clone that's been flowering these past couple of weeks.  She's starting to green up nice, gave her 1 tsp FN bloom plus 1/4 tsp of Snow Storm tonight.  She should be back to a nice healthy green by next week.  Don't think she'll get much taller then this so the transplant may have been overkill lol.  I think I'll have to plan for around a 2 week veg time to get them the height I want if I take smaller cuttings.

Anyways, things are rolling along pretty smoothly with this one.  I'll have to take some more cuttings tomorrow to make up for the two that are male.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #364942 - 02/15/10 08:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Is that LA Conf stinking yet?

I can now say.... a little!

Caught a faint whiff of skunk when I sniffed the plant tonight.  Definitely put a smile on my face.  Fed last night at 1 tsp + a little extra / gal. of FN bloom.  Oh and I tossed in a tsp of thrive alive to hopefully encourage a bit more root growth.

The mom is looking much better, think she was suffering from a slight P deficiency so I added in a tsp of the FN bloom along with the grow.  All of the affected leaves are looking much better today.

Upgraded setup is coming in tomorrow, went to the hydro shop on Saturday but they closed for the weekend due to valentines day (lame).  I'm picking up a 6" 400 cfm fan, PH and TDS pen, liquid and dry kool bloom, and a couple of light pulleys for the veg cab.  I'll be moving the 4" fan I have as my exhaust to my intake side, and I dunno what I'll do with the squirrel cage.  It's on its last legs so I'll probably just toss it.  I'll snap some pics once its setup.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #365002 - 02/15/10 10:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ok so I lied :wink: Here's some pics of the LA mom.  You can see some of the damage the deficiency did.  But she healed up super quick and is looking great minus those few fans.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#365003 - 02/15/10 10:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wow that mom looks super sexy!  Nice job man!

:awedance:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #365005 - 02/15/10 10:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, Wish I didn't need her as a mom right now otherwise I'd be headed to home depot to build a screen :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#365007 - 02/15/10 10:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hah I can totally picture that!  She would make damn fine Scrog!  :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#365008 - 02/15/10 10:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Very nice. Looks like it doubled in size.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #367810 - 02/18/10 09:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 20

Fed 1 tsp FN Bloom + 2 tsp liquid Kool Bloom / Gallon of water.  PPM 1030 Ph at 5.8.  Leaves are greening up very nicely now, hopefully the buds will begin getting bigger soon.  Other then that not much to report, chugging along really nicely now.  Can't to see the results of the kool bloom, been wanting to try it for a long while now.

Here's the kushberry seedlings at day 10.  The mutant of the bunch is now sporting multi colored blades now.  Don't think it will make it, but I'm keeping it around for the hell of it.  They were fed with a 1/4 tsp of FN Grow + 1 tsp thrive alive two nights ago.  PPM was 330 and Ph was 5.8.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#367820 - 02/18/10 09:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good man is what does PPM stand for? Is that something I need to be concerned about?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #367836 - 02/18/10 09:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Parts Per Million.  Well, you're always concerned about the PPM.  It's the strength of your solution.  You can grow just fine without ever really checking the PPM of your solution if you just pay attention to what you're doing.  I've just been wanting a meter to know exactly how strong I was feeding my plants.  Hopefully it will help me dial in on the right levels for my grows.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#367839 - 02/18/10 09:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Cool thanks for the help man. How often do you feed your plants?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #367855 - 02/18/10 09:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Right now it's about every two to three days.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#367865 - 02/18/10 10:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How often are you watering?

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #368062 - 02/19/10 10:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:

I'm pretty sure he's watering them every time he's feeding them, lol. So that would lead me to believe:

Quote:

coda said:

You as high as I think you are triptonic? :ganja:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/19/10 10:24 AM)

Offlinedsotm
Male

#368178 - 02/19/10 02:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good man.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#368214 - 02/19/10 04:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

206 said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

I'm pretty sure he's watering them every time he's feeding them, lol. So that would lead me to believe:

Quote:

coda said:

You as high as I think you are triptonic? :ganja:

Beats me, sometimes people water inbetween feedings.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #368229 - 02/19/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Nah, I water with every feeding only this time I will be adding a flush cycle into the mix.  Feed for two weeks, flush once, feed for two weeks flush again, repeat til the final flush.  More as a preventative maintenance then anything else.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#368234 - 02/19/10 04:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

What does flushing involve? Just running a shitload of water through the bucket?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #368241 - 02/19/10 04:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I'm going to use a flushing product called clearex.  I mix up the solution and then pour a quart of the solution into the plants (directions on the bottle).  I've used it on my LA Conf. Mom becuase I thought she was suffering from a salt build up + Ph problem.  After the flush and two feedings she was looking much better then she had for most of her life.  When I do my final flush before harvest I'll probably also run another few quarts of plain Ph adjusted water for good measure.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #370950 - 02/22/10 06:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Fed the flowering girl 1.5 tsp of FN Bloom + 1 tsp of Kool Bloom liquid / gal PH at 6.1 PPM at 989

Fed the baby Kushberrys 1 tsp FN Grow + 1 tsp Thrive Alive / Gal Ph at 5.8 PPM at 846 (looked like they needed a heavier feeding then what I had been giving).

Took one LA Conf clone out of the chamber, one I had killed on accident yesterday, and took 6 new cuttings for a friend.  There's still 4 more waiting for roots, but it shouldn't be too much longer now.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #374323 - 02/26/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Day 27 of flowering

Fed the girl tonight with: 2 tsp of FN Bloom + 2 tsp of Kool Bloom liquid + 1 tsp of Snow Storm / gal water.  PPM 1510 PH 6.1

After the last feeding she was responding super well, so I decided to give her an extra heavy dose tonight before I give her a plain water + clearex treatment in 2 days.  Once she got over the underfeeding issue she hit a really nice growth spurt and is growing well now.  Still no discernible skunk odor, there's a slight smell when you get right next to the main tip, but it's lost it's that hint of skunk it had.  Hopefully this will change in the upcoming weeks as I really do enjoy the skunks the most. 

3 of the 4 clones I took nearly 12 days ago finally poked some roots through the side and got thrown into solo cups tonight.  The other clone that was already rooted has been under the lamps for three days now and is growing well.  I have one more clone that should be rooted by tomorrow I'm guessing, then 6 that I took last week for a friend.  I think the clones are rooting slowly because they're not getting enough oxygen, I need a stronger fan and I'll place the cloning chamber right next to the fan to get some better airflow through the dome.

Last we have the LA mom, looking gorgeous but definitely over fed.  Plain water for her next couple of feedings + a clearex treatment as well.  She's growing some super huge fans and again is just really vigorous.  I trimmed her back pretty well when I took those 6 clones and she already grew back up into the lights.  I'll need to get some light yo-yo's and a small shelf so I can keep the smaller plants closer to the light and be able to move the light more easily to keep my mom(s) happy.

Day 17 of veg

Here's the latest from the Kushberry camp. Again, an underfeeding problem with these girls was solved very easily with a nice strong dose of FN grow + Thrive alive, greened and perked up really well after that.  You can see the two plants on the left look very uniform, while the mutie on the right is a bit stunted with some weird leaf deformations.  I'll most likely just chuck that one into the flowering cab when the other clones go.  Don't even think I'm interested in cloning it even if it turned out to be the only girl.  My veg cab is definitely getting full for the moment,  Once these girls go into the one gallon buckets I'll be picking another strain to pop and I think that will be it for a little while, or if the KB's turn out all male :wink:

So far so good in both cabinets, time seems to be moving slower with this grow then with the autoflowers.  Is it the end of March yet?

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#374330 - 02/26/10 07:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice man, lookin good. I need to pick up a bottle of clearex, I totally spaced on that when I was at the hydro shop. :doh:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #374331 - 02/26/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yah, it was pretty cheap when I bought it.  Only reason I didn't buy the flora kleen was that the shop only carried one gallon jugs of it.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #377111 - 03/02/10 04:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Flushed flowering plant last night with 2 tsp per gal along with flushing the KB's @ same strength.  Will be flushing LA mom next watering @ same strength.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#377112 - 03/02/10 04:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Tell me how that works out for ya.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #377115 - 03/02/10 04:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Should work as well as the first time I did it, this is more of a preventative maintenance thing then anything else.  So, I really can't say how well it works because I don't have another plant that I'm not flushing to compare to. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#377116 - 03/02/10 04:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Alright cool. Would my plant die if I dont pick up a bottle of that stuff?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #377123 - 03/02/10 04:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No, it won't die.  But excessive salt buildup may occur and cause stunted/slow growth.  At your plants stage it's completely unnecessary.  I would say around 4-5 weeks of feeding would warrant a flush to prevent any possible problems.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#377124 - 03/02/10 04:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Alright cool. Thanks again dude.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#378452 - 03/04/10 03:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I have noticed, mind you, in SOIL that my plants start to show some toxicity problems from salt buildup after about 4wks of Veg, then again at about 4wks into flower.  This may be because I choose not to water with a lot of runoff, because it just runs onto the floor where I clean it up, and this could cause buildup faster I would presume. 

I would always recommend a flush in Veg, and one in mid-flower, then at the end.  I can see some nasty colors coming out of the runoff when I flush them, I just feel it's good for the roots and gives them a chance to be cleansed.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #378478 - 03/04/10 03:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
I would always recommend a flush in Veg, and one in mid-flower, then at the end.

:thumbup:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: dutc2006]
    #378965 - 03/06/10 01:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Day 35

Fed tonight 1/2 tsp FN Bloom + 1/2 tsp FN Grow + 1/4 tsp Kool Bloom Dry + 1 tsp Snow Storm @ 970 PPM and 6.1 Ph.

Fed the grow because the girls looked a little hungry for some N.  I'll be dropping the Ph down to 5.8 next watering or so so they can absorb it a bit easier.  Other wise she's looking good and chugging along nicely.  Still waiting for that skunk smell, the normal plant funk is there but nothing overpowering.  She's frosting up well and each day the buds are bigger and bigger.  Can't wait to see what she'll look like in two weeks.  I'm guessing a 65-70 day flower period, but hopefully she'll surprise me and finish up quickly.

--------------------

Offlineenno
starman
Male User Gallery

Loc: space
    #379016 - 03/06/10 08:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

nice frost for day 35 man,
looks like a winner

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #380362 - 03/08/10 07:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Still waiting for that skunk smell, the normal plant funk is there but nothing overpowering.

I was sniffing all my plants today and the LA x Skunks are putting off the least amount of odor IMO. I'm way further behind you in flowering, but just something I noticed.

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #380372 - 03/08/10 07:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yah, I mean they have a nice aroma to them now.  The citrus scent is becoming a little more noticeable, but there's no "holy shit" smell going on.  Regardless the buds are looking amazing right now, each day I can't wait to open up those cabinet doors.  I'm really looking forward to transplanting those clones and flowering them this week. 

I'll also be topping and cloning the Kushberries this week as soon as my friend comes and picks up his clones.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#380388 - 03/08/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

How come you didn't flower a few clones?  Didn't have room for them?

They do look superb for 35 days in, much more developed than my run at 35. 

I'm on 36 now, are you close to that?  Me you and Dayzt are all on almost the same date, maybe 1 day off.  Should be a good POTM contest next month :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #380401 - 03/08/10 07:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

How come you didn't flower a few clones?  Didn't have room for them?

Well, what happened was this. Originally I had a sour D plant in there that I was flowering along with 6-7 more clones of the sour d waiting to go in.  I plopped in two cuttings of the LA Confidential to sex so I could weed out the males ASAP.  Then the sour d plant went herm on me, I chopped her, the mom, and the clones down, and was left with nothing in my cab but the two clones.  So I transplanted the clones, one went male on me, the other clone I had waiting on roots turned out to be male ("Mom" showed male preflowers), so I was left with the lone, tiny, clone to flower.  So, that's why it's just one for the time being. 

Took some additional time to root and veg out the clones I wanted, all said and done the Sour D herming on me completely fucked my grow schedule.  Oh well, nothing you can do but start over and get back on track.  Turns out that it must have been a fuck out on my part because my buddies sour d plants from the same mom are turning out great.  If he goes to completion with no bananas, I'll be grabbing a clipping and trying again :wink:

Quote:

I'm on 36 now, are you close to that?

Today marks day 37 of the flowering period.  Should be a nice POTM contest if we all finish together :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#380411 - 03/08/10 08:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That sucks about the hermie man, they fucked my last harvest by about 1/2 too, otherwise I'd still be smoking on my harvest right until Magash's plants finish.

Unfortunately that's not the case.  I just can't wait to try a sample of these strains.  Yields aren't going to be great, but the potency is going to be pretty intense, they are already quite frosted over.  Not quite as frosty as yours, but Bubba is known to be a slow grower and late bloomer so I'm expecting them to have a quick fattening period fairly soon.  Here's to hoping...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #380421 - 03/08/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yields aren't going to be great,

I dunno, I've been watching your grow log and I think you'll pull in a pretty good yield for your setup

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #381029 - 03/09/10 10:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Day 38

Fed today 1 tsp FN Bloom + 1/4 tsp Kool Bloom dry / Gal water @ 1300 PPM and 6.1 Ph.  Forgot the snow storm today, oops.  Long day today, next time though.

Wonder if the Bloom is stronger then the grow PPM wise.  I fed the same volume last time (with the snow storm too) and the TDS was about 330 PPM lower then tonight's.  Wonder if there was a bigger difference in temperatures in the water compared to tonight.  Anyways, I decided to nix using any more Grow formula.  They greened up again nicely so I didn't think it was necessary, so I'm just sticking with the Bloom formula for now.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#381048 - 03/09/10 10:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Good choice on switching over to just the Bloom at this time.  I just did the same thing!  :super:

I also Fed with 3/4 tsp FNB and 1/4 tsp Cha Ching.  After 24 hours they already look like they are putting more energy into bud production, buuuut it is about time anyways.  Mag has said it's a heavy bloomer near the end.

It's funny though because the Super Skunk pheno is so pronounced.  The cola looks tall as fuck and lacking structure, but you wait, I bet it's going to take a little longer, but fill in huge.  At least that's what I hope happens. :lol:

See it in the middle?  It's tall and sativa looking, but I have a feeling it will have a big cola.

--------------------

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

#381153 - 03/10/10 03:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

look like some nice pocket rockets; what's the expected yield all up?

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Snurry]
    #383451 - 03/14/10 11:27 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Day 43

Fed last night, decided to apply the gravity as well.  Directions say apply 3 weeks before harvest, and I just hit week 6 last night so in it went.  Directions also call to cut nutes in 1/2 and raise the lights.  Well, i cut the nutes in 1/2 but felt my lights were already pretty high up so I left them.

Fed with 1/2 tsp FN Bloom + 1/2 tsp Snow Storm + 1/8 tsp Kool Bloom dry + 2 ml's (little under 1/2 tsp) Gravity / Gal water @ 730 PPM and 6.2 Ph.

She's looking pretty good, buds are all bulking up nicely now.  The citrus smell is a bit more pronounced, although I still get the normal "dirty diaper" funk from the buds as well.  I'm excited about the gravity, I finally have the chance to use it right instead of trying to force it in at the end.  They'll be fed three times with gravity (last night, tues, and finally on fri).  Then they'll get full strength nutes for two more weeks, and if all goes well plain water with a flush in the last week before harvest on week 9.

The clones I have which are waiting to go in are getting transplanted today and placed in flowering tonight.  Ended up taking some rolls on Friday so I wasn't in the straightest of minds to get it done yesterday.  Once those babies go into flowering I'll be topping the Kushberries for sexing clones, popping in the three sleestack seeds, and then I'll  be closing down the veg cab for new strains until I've put each of the ones I have through one run.  After that I'll decide which one I like the most and keep that mom, flower the others, then get working on new genetics.  The sleestacks are going to be fun because my girlfriend is going to be growing one of them.  Figured if I got her involved on a project maybe she'd get hooked on it too and I'd have an easier time expanding hehe.  Besides it will be nice to teach her like I did with the shrooms, if she does as well with this as she did with the mushrooms will both have a lot of bud to smoke hehe.

Pics tonight once the lights flip on!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #383699 - 03/14/10 07:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So I transplanted the clones today and placed them into flowering.  All of the root systems looked beautiful going in.  The tiny clone was a bit smaller then I'd like to have her, but I can't wait any longer.  They were fed tonight with 4 ml's FN Grow, + 4 ml's FN Bloom + 1/2 tsp Snow Storm PPM @ 1300 Ph @ 5.8 

They look a little droopy because I was late with the watering can, but they'll perk up in a few hours.  Other then that they're all super healthy and ready to go.  The one in the top left corner is the one I'm most interested.  She's the oldest and has been topped already, can't wait to see what she can do.

Other then that just a few quick pics of the girl in flower and a final closet shot.  3-4 more weeks to go with the girl in flower, long road ahead for the clones.  I'll be throwing some kushberry cuttings in around 2 weeks (once they root) to figure out sex and (possibly) get a preview :smile:

EDIT: Cloned the Kushberries tonight.  Fuck it, need to get moving on it. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #383871 - 03/15/10 04:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looking Good, as always

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: KaptKid]
    #383926 - 03/15/10 09:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The buds on the LA are awesome man! I would think that was white widow if I didn't know better. Looks like you found a keeper :thumbup:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/15/10 09:03 AM)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#383931 - 03/15/10 09:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They do look danky don't they.

So whats your take on snowstorm coda? worth while investment or does it just make it look nicer? can't imagine it doesn't increase quality if it does make more trichs.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: pha3r0]
    #384128 - 03/15/10 04:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Couldn't tell you on that one as this will be my first run, even then I can't give a full opinion because I didn't use it properly (missed a lot of feedings with it).  But it sure does make the buds look prettier :wink:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#384157 - 03/15/10 05:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

guess it does as intended then haha, my hydro shop has the 8oz for 11 bucks I think I might pick it up as a reward if I break my weight goal of 2oz's. If i don't make at least 2 though I am saving for equipment to build a HPS version of my freeezer.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #384248 - 03/15/10 07:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Right on. depending on how many plants you grow per time and the size of the pots, that small bottle can last a long time.

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#384503 - 03/16/10 07:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

figured it would go a ways i will only be running 2 at a time unless i go hydro in the future :smile: or SoG

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #384947 - 03/16/10 08:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Fed the 6 week flowering girl with 1/2 tsp FN Bloom + 1/2 tsp Snow Storm + 1/8 tsp Kool Bloom Dry + 1/2 tsp Gravity @ 635 PPM and 6.2 Ph

Fed the newly flowering girls with 4 mls FN Bloom + 4 mls FN Grow + 1 tsp Snow Storm @ 1300 PPM 5.8 Ph

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #387382 - 03/20/10 07:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Day 50

Fed the big girl last night with 4 ml's FN Bloom + 1/2 tsp Snow Storm + 1/8 tsp Kool Bloom dry + 1/2 tsp Gravity @ 5.9 pH 630 PPM

Day 6

Fed the new girls tonight with 4 ml FN Bloom + 4 ml FN Grow + 8 ml Kool Bloom Liquid @ 5.9 pH (forgot to test ppm)

I'll try to get some pics up later tonight, didn't have time to grab some before.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#387630 - 03/21/10 08:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Pics!!!!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #387682 - 03/21/10 11:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'll get some tonight.  Was way too involved with MW2 and bong hits last night :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #388416 - 03/22/10 07:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Day 52

Looking good, the buds are continuing to grow a little bit each day.  About two more weeks left for this one (3 at the upper reaches of my patience :wink: )

Not much else to report but that she's finished her gravity treatment and will resume normal feeding for at least one more week before being prepped for harvest.

Day 8

Not so good with these ladies, not bad, but I think I'm dealing with a P problem again.  I'm wondering if I locked it out, or if it's just hungry for more.  My guess is a lockout because the last feeding contained a dose of kool bloom liquid as well as 4 ml's of FN bloom.  So plenty of food there.

If you take a look at that pic you can see that in the new pics there's a few fans that are yellowing.  The HPS exaggerates it just a bit, but it is noticeable.  I think I'm going to give them one more day and then decide on what to do.  Other then that I noticed the first signs of buds forming on them today so I'm pretty happy about that, hopefully I'll get this small problem sorted quickly.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#388417 - 03/22/10 07:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Those buds look delicious man. I'm currently looking at my plant trying to tell what sex it is. Its early but I'm seeing two really really little balls, I hope its not a boy :frown:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#388461 - 03/22/10 08:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Males show first, after 3-4 weeks, then usually females around 5-6 weeks.

You might have a male if you notice anything roundish this early... :frown:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #388500 - 03/22/10 09:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Those buds look delicious man. I'm currently looking at my plant trying to tell what sex it is. Its early but I'm seeing two really really little balls, I hope its not a boy :frown:

Heh, that's why it's good to have a handful of plants when starting from seed.  Although I know you had some difficulty with germination rates.

Hopefully you're wrong and you end up with a girl :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#388533 - 03/22/10 10:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Males show first, after 3-4 weeks, then usually females around 5-6 weeks.

You might have a male if you notice anything roundish this early... :frown:

Its been about 5-6 weeks.
Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

Heh, that's why it's good to have a handful of plants when starting from seed.  Although I know you had some difficulty with germination rates.

Hopefully you're wrong and you end up with a girl :smile:

lol yeah I got 2 more so hopefully they are all girls.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #388590 - 03/23/10 01:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I can never spot males by there preflowers. Females are easy enough to spot by preflowers once they're showing, but I always wind up letting the ones I'm unsure about flower for 1-2 weeks just to be sure.

Coda those buds are looking sweet!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Ojom]
    #389025 - 03/23/10 08:12 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Flushed the little ones with one quart of a clearex solution mixed at 15 ml's per gal.  Decided to flush just in case and then lower the dosage.  I was following magash's feeding schedule because I thought I had plants that could handle it, but I think they need to be worked up a little bit until they hit full strength.

Fed the big girl with 8 mls FN Bloom + 1/4 tsp Kool Bloom Dry + 1 tsp Snow Storm / gal.  Ph was 6.2 PPM was 1500 (I'm cutting the FN down to 5 ml for the remainder of the feedings).

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #390941 - 03/27/10 10:15 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

Day 57

Began the pre harvest process.  Flushed tonight with 15 mls of clearex to 1 gal of water.  The rest of the week this plant will receive plan, pH adjusted, water until harvest next saturday.  I'm pretty sure I won't need to push this past 65 days, but I'll make the final call next Friday when the lights flip on.  I'm not expecting much from this girl, but the buds feels solid as a rock so I'm pretty excited to see what the end result is :smile:

7 more days and counting!

Day 13

Fed tonight with 2 ml FN Grow + 2 mls FN Bloom + 4 mls Kool Bloom liquid + 5 mls Snow Storm @ 6.2 pH and 910 ppm.  Plants look like they responded well to the "flush" i gave them earlier this week.  Cut the dosage in 1/2 to see how they respond to it, don't think I'll push it much past 1200 anymore this run.  Bud production is coming along really nicely, I'll be doing some pruning tomorrow to remove some nodes I know aren't going to produce much.  This isn't something I normally do, but I want to try it out and see if it does me any good.

I'll grab some pics tomorrow, didn't feel like fucking with it tonight.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #391160 - 03/28/10 02:09 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Sexed the Kushberries.  2 girls 1 boy.  The one plant I really wanted to be a girl of course turned out male.  From the two plants I have left I'm most likely going to keep one and flower the other (may take a cutting from that one just in case it turns out better then the mom i kept).  At most I want to keep three moms in my cab so I don't have room for both.

That's 3 girls from six seeds, 50/50 ratio which isn't bad!  I'd love to see them do another special like that because I'd order a few packs :wink:

Anyways, I'll update with a bunch of pics tonight when the lights flip on :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #391508 - 03/28/10 06:45 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

There's some pictures for ya.  The last one is the kushberry girls :smile:

Day 58 for the big girl, day 14 for the little ones.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#391523 - 03/28/10 06:59 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #391530 - 03/28/10 07:04 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

coda seriously nice my man. You're doing those hempys proud :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #391583 - 03/28/10 07:28 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Thanks bud, I think I can do much better with the next batch that's running right now.  I'm most excited about the plant on the right in the first pic of the new girls.  If I could get all my plants to look like that every time I will be most happy :smile:

I only wish the odor was better with this strain, pretty generic IMO.  Not much to it at all and I'm fairly certain the smoke will have a pretty bland flavor as well.  As long as the buds end up potent, that's all I care about. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #391596 - 03/28/10 07:31 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

are you feeding with molasses or any nutrient booster like floranectar? that can have a huge impact IME.

also, what's your veg light strength/schedule? I think they both look pretty good there but the one on the right is a bit bushier... which you might be able to get by using a stronger light or more hours. just brainstorming :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #391603 - 03/28/10 07:36 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

are you feeding with molasses or any nutrient booster like floranectar? that can have a huge impact IME.

No, but I was thinking of trying the flora nectar.  I'll go pick a bottle up next weekend and use it with these girls and see if it helps.  I used sweet a long while back and didn't notice much of a difference.

Quote:

also, what's your veg light strength/schedule?

Light cycle is 24/0 with 4 29 watt T5 bulbs.

Quote:

which you might be able to get by using a stronger light or more hours. just brainstorming

Actually I know why that plant is bushier then the others.  It was topped and spent a week longer in veg then the other girls.  She was part of an earlier clone run, so in order for the others to catch up she sat and vegged for at least a week longer.  Then I topped her to keep her height even with the other clones and she bushed out like that.  So, next time, I'll experiment with topping again to see if I can produce the same results.  I may up my veg time from 1 to 2 weeks as well.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #391611 - 03/28/10 07:38 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

ahh good call. I top all my plants at least once, but it's usually just a result of me taking a clone from them. regardless, it definitely makes for bushier, fuller plants!

And I highly recommend the molasses. I have no experience with floranectar (although I hear it does VERY well for flavor and smell) but molasses is indispensable in my opinion. I can usually notice an increase in flavor within a day or two after the first feeding

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #391613 - 03/28/10 07:40 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Really?  I bought some black strap for the end of my AK x Diesel run and it didn't seem to do much for me.  Still have that jar sitting in the pantry.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #391619 - 03/28/10 07:45 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

hmmm, maybe it's strain dependent. Or totally placebo, like I wanted them to get more stinky :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #391633 - 03/28/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

haha well, 206 said his LA's were low odor as well.  So maybe it's just the strain.  Have the kushberries coming up next which I hope will give me what I'm looking for in that department :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #391636 - 03/28/10 07:58 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

nice pics man :thumbup:

they look very healthy

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #392468 - 03/29/10 09:29 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah I can vouch for the molasses.  Within hours of flushing with water and molasses my skunks have been putting off waves of stink.  It's amazing, but almost stinky enough to be concerned about.  I've been giving it to them for a few weeks, and every time I do they just reek to high hell!

Lookin perfect Coda BTW

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #392887 - 03/30/10 04:23 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Well, it didn't do anything for me when I used it.  With just a few days left and possibly one more watering don't think it will do anything this time either.  Maybe I'll add it in for the other girls which are going right now to try again, but as it stands molasses has just been ineffective for me.

Thanks for the complements, Saturday can't come soon enough!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #393011 - 03/30/10 09:42 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Day 16

Fed tonight with 5 mls FN Bloom + 4 mls Kool Bloom Liquid + 5 mls Snow Storm @ 5.9 pH and 1040 PPM.  Girls are looking much better since the flush, pushed my PPMs just a tad higher then I wanted but I think they'll be fine.  I'll probably try out 4 mls of the bloom next week and see if that leaves me where I want to be. Other then that they're looking awesome and moving along nicely.

Day 60

The big girl did not get watered tonight.  Seems like she's not using near as much water as her pot felt unusually heavy.  So rather then drown the roots I'll hold off on the water.  Don't think she'll be needing much, if any, water anymore.  Harvest is just 3.5 days away so there's really not much point to it anyways.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#393538 - 03/31/10 10:43 PM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Well, what about flushing though, won't that push out the stagnant toxic water?  Have you been flushing and if so for how long?  I was under the impression that during the 2 week flush you water more often then you normally would during the growth cycle.  I've never really researched flushing before so I kinda have been doing it this way on my own I guess.  I give them (5 Little Ladies) ~2 gallons between all of them, enough for a massive runoff mess :tongue: and it hasn't seemed to cause any rot like symptoms, but I guess my soil is really fluffy and drains very fast, like it almost doesn't hold ENOUGH water... :wink:  It's always easier to add more!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #393931 - 04/01/10 04:26 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

No need to do a 2 week flush with hydro.  Last week is just plain water.  My "flush" involved 15 mls of clearex and enough water to make a jet shoot out of the hole in the bottom.  Don't think there really is stagnant water, I just think the roots aren't using up nearly as much water as they used to and the perlite is staying hydrated longer.  The container felt a bunch lighter last night but I still left it be.  I think she'll be fine without anymore watering.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #394499 - 04/02/10 10:11 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Can't wait to see an updated picture of this. With the exception of that bottom bud it seems to be growing into one massive cola like regular LA Conf is known for. One of mine branched out a little bit but for the most part I think it will fill in similar to yours, super indica/afghan dom these ones.

The snow storm really seems to be doing the trick too, I might have to pick a little bottle up I saw it for like $11 at the store the other day. I'm jealous man, you will be smoking this stuff in no time. :smile:

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #394688 - 04/02/10 04:28 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

The snow storm is totally worth it, and yes, it's only like 11-12$ for the small bottle.  Depending on how much you water and how many plants you have, it can last a long while (5 ml is the max dose).

As for the single cola, heh, I guess the pics are a little deceptive.  You'll see what I mean tomorrow after I hack away all the fan leaves.  But there's some space between the main tip, then a cluster of buds in the middle, a little more space, and then a cluster of buds at the bottom.

As for the side bud, yah, it's a bit tiny but I want that kind of branching.  All of the other girls running right now have the same characteristic, but the branches stretched up a little higher to compete with the main tip.  My hope is the buds on those branches come close to what the main cola is.  If I can do that my next harvest should be pretty sweet.

One more day and I get to post some harvest pics :smile:

EDIT: Fed tonight 1 tsp FN Bloom + 4 mls KB Liquid + 1 tsp Snow Storm @ 6.0 pH

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #395460 - 04/03/10 07:14 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

There's the harvest pics.  Total wet weight was 129 grams.  Tried fooling around with the LED light to get a better picture of the resin on the plant.  She really is covered, can't wait until she dries :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#395478 - 04/03/10 07:58 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Was this an autoflowering strain?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #395483 - 04/03/10 08:03 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

no,  I just flowered a clone when it was like 1-2 inches tall.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#395485 - 04/03/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

That looks really good man.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #395915 - 04/04/10 02:25 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

:awesomenod:

Are you going to start any of the other crosses now in addition to the LA clones? The buds look perfect I can't wait to see dry shots and hear about how it smokes.

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #395990 - 04/04/10 04:52 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

well, I thought I was gonna be able to fit in a few kushberry clones.  But after taking a look at how much room the 4 plants I have in there now are taking up, I don't think I'd be able to fit them in there.  I might throw some in there anyways, but I'll most likely just wait and do a run with the kusberries by themselves.

Buds are drying nicely, think they're going to end up nice and dense.  Looks like I did a pretty decent job with this plant, but I know I can do much better.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #396759 - 04/05/10 09:32 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Fed the girls tonight with the same solution as last time.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #397522 - 04/07/10 08:41 AM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Smoked any test nugs yet or are they still too wet?

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #397801 - 04/07/10 04:57 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Currently smoking a small nug from the side bud of the plant.  I've taken one bong hit and after a 2 minute coughing fit, I'm most decently stoned.  First impressions:

1.) Initial taste is awesome! Can't really put my finger on it, but I'm hoping it will develop some more with the cure.  It's already more flavorful then the ak x diesel I've been smoking on.  However, after that first initial flavor burst, you're left with a pretty bland and generic taste when you blow out (and a bit in the aftertaste too).  Not terrible, but I think it's mostly due to no cure and still a bit green.

2.) A bit harsh, again no cure and too green might be the cause of this.

3.) Stone so far is really good, I was expecting a more indica buzz but it feels decidedly sativa.  But seeing as I've only taken my second hit, I'm very happy with it.

4.) Bud structure is great, I think I can get them a bit denser and a little bit tighter, but they've been some of the nicest I've grown.  I'll get some pics of them up this weekend.

5.) Smell off the buds is disappointing right now, hay smell galore on the main cola.  The lower portion of the plant had some nugs that were smelling nice already so I'm hoping the cure, again, will help me here.

All in all I've really enjoyed growing this strain.  The plants that are flowering now are about 4 inches or so bigger then this plant.  I'd say this plant is going to yield me around 25 grams give or take.  I'll post up a weigh in when I put up the pics.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #397808 - 04/07/10 05:25 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Nice work man great grow ! How much you think  your yield will be after drying ? Any ideas and are you going to log the plants you have going ATM ?

:jah:

peace

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #397812 - 04/07/10 05:30 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

I think around 25 grams, and the other girls are in this log already :wink:

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #397952 - 04/07/10 08:15 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Lol sorry dude im stoned as hell off trexs indica and some nugs off my sativas branch.

How long until you flower those other girls/ when will they be ready ?
How much are you hoping to yield off all of your ladies?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #398039 - 04/07/10 09:16 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

the other girls are already flowering, next harvest is planned for may 18th.  Hopefully I'll hit my target goal of 2 oz's per plant(@ 4 plants = 8 oz total).

--------------------

Offlinecapt cap
pops
Male

Loc: SE US
    #398061 - 04/07/10 10:22 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Nice  :fonz:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: capt cap]
    #398393 - 04/08/10 04:35 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Figured I'd update a little bit about the smoke report.  My initial views sill remain the same, I think I've narrowed down the flavor to something similar to anise but not quite.  I will flip my view on the overall high, while the initial toke or two left me with a great sativa like high, after I finished the bowl and sat for a bit the indica portion took over and kicked my ass.  Really strong couch lock high that left me unable to drive for an hour or two (should have thought twice about smoking before I needed to run out lol).  After I made my first smoke report the high really took over and I couldn't focus on the screen, I had to go sit on the couch and close my eyes and take it in.  Very, very, strong (just the way I like it). Definitely a night time smoke for me, I could not be productive during the day if I smoked this.  It definitely helped cure the little bout of insomnia I've been having, was in bed and lights out at 10:30 last night.  Torwards the end I started to get a headache, but I think that was due to eye strain and overall tiredness. A buddy had dropped in and said the buds smelled super skunky, but I just don't smell that.  However, after spending a few hours in the jar the hay smell dissapated and a slightly sweeter aroma took over when I opened the jar.  Much more pleasent then when they were hanging on the clothes hangar, but still not at the level I want (I know, I'm picky, but go big or go home)

I weighed the buds last night and after the few bowls I had taken out it came to 28.6 grams.  Now keep in mind I have some moisture that needs to be brought out. So this number will probably drop a couple more grams in the next few days.  I checked the buds this morning and they were still slightly crispy on the outside.  I know that when I make it home tonight they'll need to be taken out of the jar and placed in a paper bag for 12 hours before going back to the jar.  I'll probably repeat that process about two more times before they can sit sealed without fear of mold. 

I'd definitley reccommend DNA's LA Confidential hands down, this was a great deal from the attitude and I'm super glad I hopped on.  Can't wait to see the results of the "big" grow currently running, then it's off the to kushberries.  I may hold a small poll to let you guys choose what I run next, but if my girl actually gets motivated enough to grow a plant with me I'm going to let her pick.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #398562 - 04/08/10 09:52 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Day 25

Fed tonight with 1 tsp FN Bloom + 1 tsp Snow Storm + 1/4 tsp Kool Bloom dry.  However the PPM came out way too high (1400) so I dumped some and added more plain water.  Final PPM 1110 @ 5.9 pH.  Plants are looking pretty damn good and starting to uptake the water faster, might have to switch to every other day as a watering schedule.  Bud production is going great and the rest of the vegetation looks pretty healthy.  Still have 40 days to go, but the weeks keep slipping by :smile:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#398570 - 04/08/10 10:15 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Looks good, man. I like the 5th pic down the best.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: DieselB]
    #398644 - 04/08/10 11:45 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Your plants look really happy! So are you about half way there (how many days are you going to flower)?

--------------------
x:tongue:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #398979 - 04/09/10 05:41 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

65 days for this strain.

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#399872 - 04/11/10 05:10 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Looks good man!!  I just started up 9 of my free seeds, LA, Kushberry and Sleestack.  Hope they turn out as nice as this.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #399876 - 04/11/10 05:22 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Oh, I'm sure they will!  Your current girls in flower look excellent.  I think with my next grow I'm going to try and lollipop a plant or two and see what the results are.  I trimmed some of these girls but couldn't bring myself to remove the growth necessary for that lol.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #399887 - 04/11/10 08:49 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

day 28

Fed tonight with 4 mls FN Bloom + 1/4 tsp Kool Bloom Dry + 1/2 tsp Kool Bloom liquid + 1 tsp Snow Storm + 1 tbsp molasses @ 1110 PPM and 6.2 pH.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #399991 - 04/12/10 06:35 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Already looks like you're going to do better then the last round, yield wise. They seem to be flowering fast for day 28.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #400217 - 04/12/10 04:44 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

I'm actually more or less at the same spot I was with the first run.  These plants are just a little bit bigger so I should hopefully end up with more.  I'll be able to make a better comparison around day 45 I think.  Either way the plants are looking gorgeous and chugging along quite well.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #401606 - 04/14/10 09:56 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Day 31

Fed tonight 4 ml fn Bloom + 2.5 ml Kool Bloom liquid + 1/4 tsp (little less then so actually) Kool Bloom dry + 1 tsp Snow Storm + 1 tbsp Molasses @ 6.3 pH and 1200 PPM.

Plants are looking healthy overall, I'm just waiting for the buds to really start packing on weight here in the next few weeks.  So far the molasses has made no noticeable difference in the odor, but it's only the second application so I'll keep trying with it.  Otherwise I'm pretty much at the half way point in the grow and things are looking awesome so far.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #402328 - 04/15/10 10:32 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Awesome is a good word.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: KaptKid]
    #403851 - 04/19/10 04:55 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Day 36

Watered the girls last night with a clearex solution.  The tallest girl is showing some major problems and the smaller ones are catching up.  Now I had some leaf problems around this time with my other grow, and I thought it was due to some salt buildup/nute overdose, but now I'm not so sure.  So instead of just hitting them with a super high dose of nutes thought I might remove lockout from list of problems.  Next watering I'll give them 8 mls of FN Bloom instead of 5.

I'll get some pics but the problem is newer growth yellowing with some necrosis and purpling of the leaves.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #403924 - 04/19/10 08:02 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

So here's some pics of the problem plant plus a couple of quick snaps over the over all grow.  The buds are pretty much right on track to where they were with the other plant.  Hopefully I'll get this fixed, or it doesn't affect my grow, it's definitely make me lose a little sleep at night that's for sure lol.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #404828 - 04/21/10 07:12 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

fed tonight at a much higher dose.  Figure I'll hit them with a high PPM feeding or two before I have to cut back to use the gravity.  Now's the time they would be needing the higher boost anyways as the bulking weeks are about to begin.  Still not sure if it's an underfeeding, or overdose/salt problem that is causing the yellowing.  The buds are looking pretty good for the most part, hopefully they'll pack on a ton of weight in the next few weeks.

One thing I have noticed is it seems like more pistils are turning orange compared to the previous grows.  I haven't found any nanners, nor have the affected calyxes started to produce any seed.  So dunno what's up with that, possibly interrelated to the yellowing?

I'm just crossing my fingers this isn't going to hose my grow, I really need this one to give me at least a qp to get me through the summer.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #422015 - 05/22/10 11:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well I know it's been a while since I've updated.  I wasn't really happy about how this grow turned out.  I fucked up by not calibrating my pH pen and so this entire grow my actual pH levels were a full point below what I thought it was.  So these girls were fed at around 5.0 pH for most of the grow.  Explains a lot of the yellowing, stunted and slow growth, leaf problems etc.  I was able to get 3 or so weeks of feeding in at a proper pH and I think that helped tremendously.

Anyways total flowering duration was 68 days, I found one nanner on a plant and there was a ton of foxtailing this run.  Maybe I overestimated flowering times?  Maybe it was due to the pH problems, but I felt like these girls could have been chopped last week.  I would have too but they needed a flush so they got the extra week. Next run with them I'll chop a plant at 55-60 days and see how well it fares compared to those I let sit for 65+.

I'm thinking I'll end up with around 5 oz's this grow, but I dunno honestly.  The big buds are all rock hard and some of the smaller ones are a little fluffy but still dense.  So I may end up with more then I think I have.  In the end if I pull a QP I hit my 1 oz per plant minimum and will have more then enough to last me until my next harvest.  These girls are also super resinous.  At the end of the chop I culled about .5 gms of scissor hash to enjoy plus enough trim to give me another gram or two of oil at least.  Haven't had any hash since I chopped my ax x diesel girls so I'm super excited about that.

Anyways, I'm taking a week off to let these girls dry and to take a small break from maintenance.  I have four kushberry clones (two from each mom i have) ready to go in by next Fri/Sat.  I'll be popping the OG18 seeds next, and I'm thinking of running that cherry slyder again if I can find the room.

Anyways, that ends this grow although I'll be running this LA for a good while as I really enjoy it.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #423041 - 05/24/10 08:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:murray:

Buds look great, can't even tell the PH was an issue. Someone is going to have fun this summer. :smile:

--------------------
|

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #423129 - 05/24/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'd help him smoke it. :yesnod: Yes, sir!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #423383 - 05/24/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys!  When they finish drying I'm going to take my gf's digi and see if I can get it to produce a better quality photo.  The buds are just dripping with resin and I'd really like to show it off.

At least 206 knows what I'm seeing :wink:

I fucked up on a small branch and snipped off a tiny piece that's just about to dry enough to smoke.  I'm gonna pop it in a bowl tonight and give it a rip, I'm sure it will be at least as good as last time (though I'm hoping for stronger).  After smoking the LA I chopped previously for a month, the ak x diesel I have kicking around feels like mids compared to it heh.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies