Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Inverted]
    #378478 - 03/04/10 03:52 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
I would always recommend a flush in Veg, and one in mid-flower, then at the end.

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: dutc2006]
    #378965 - 03/06/10 01:00 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

Day 35

Fed tonight 1/2 tsp FN Bloom + 1/2 tsp FN Grow + 1/4 tsp Kool Bloom Dry + 1 tsp Snow Storm @ 970 PPM and 6.1 Ph.

Fed the grow because the girls looked a little hungry for some N.  I'll be dropping the Ph down to 5.8 next watering or so so they can absorb it a bit easier.  Other wise she's looking good and chugging along nicely.  Still waiting for that skunk smell, the normal plant funk is there but nothing overpowering.  She's frosting up well and each day the buds are bigger and bigger.  Can't wait to see what she'll look like in two weeks.  I'm guessing a 65-70 day flower period, but hopefully she'll surprise me and finish up quickly.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineenno
starman
Male User Gallery

Loc: space
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: coda]
    #379016 - 03/06/10 08:53 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

nice frost for day 35 man,
looks like a winner

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #380362 - 03/08/10 07:29 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Still waiting for that skunk smell, the normal plant funk is there but nothing overpowering.

I was sniffing all my plants today and the LA x Skunks are putting off the least amount of odor IMO. I'm way further behind you in flowering, but just something I noticed.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #380372 - 03/08/10 07:37 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Yah, I mean they have a nice aroma to them now.  The citrus scent is becoming a little more noticeable, but there's no "holy shit" smell going on.  Regardless the buds are looking amazing right now, each day I can't wait to open up those cabinet doors.  I'm really looking forward to transplanting those clones and flowering them this week. 

I'll also be topping and cloning the Kushberries this week as soon as my friend comes and picks up his clones.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #380388 - 03/08/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

How come you didn't flower a few clones?  Didn't have room for them?

They do look superb for 35 days in, much more developed than my run at 35. 

I'm on 36 now, are you close to that?  Me you and Dayzt are all on almost the same date, maybe 1 day off.  Should be a good POTM contest next month :wink:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #380401 - 03/08/10 07:53 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

How come you didn't flower a few clones?  Didn't have room for them?

Well, what happened was this. Originally I had a sour D plant in there that I was flowering along with 6-7 more clones of the sour d waiting to go in.  I plopped in two cuttings of the LA Confidential to sex so I could weed out the males ASAP.  Then the sour d plant went herm on me, I chopped her, the mom, and the clones down, and was left with nothing in my cab but the two clones.  So I transplanted the clones, one went male on me, the other clone I had waiting on roots turned out to be male ("Mom" showed male preflowers), so I was left with the lone, tiny, clone to flower.  So, that's why it's just one for the time being. 

Took some additional time to root and veg out the clones I wanted, all said and done the Sour D herming on me completely fucked my grow schedule.  Oh well, nothing you can do but start over and get back on track.  Turns out that it must have been a fuck out on my part because my buddies sour d plants from the same mom are turning out great.  If he goes to completion with no bananas, I'll be grabbing a clipping and trying again :wink:

Quote:

I'm on 36 now, are you close to that?

Today marks day 37 of the flowering period.  Should be a nice POTM contest if we all finish together :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#380411 - 03/08/10 08:00 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

That sucks about the hermie man, they fucked my last harvest by about 1/2 too, otherwise I'd still be smoking on my harvest right until Magash's plants finish.

Unfortunately that's not the case.  I just can't wait to try a sample of these strains.  Yields aren't going to be great, but the potency is going to be pretty intense, they are already quite frosted over.  Not quite as frosty as yours, but Bubba is known to be a slow grower and late bloomer so I'm expecting them to have a quick fattening period fairly soon.  Here's to hoping...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #380421 - 03/08/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Yields aren't going to be great,

I dunno, I've been watching your grow log and I think you'll pull in a pretty good yield for your setup

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #381029 - 03/09/10 10:27 PM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Day 38

Fed today 1 tsp FN Bloom + 1/4 tsp Kool Bloom dry / Gal water @ 1300 PPM and 6.1 Ph.  Forgot the snow storm today, oops.  Long day today, next time though.

Wonder if the Bloom is stronger then the grow PPM wise.  I fed the same volume last time (with the snow storm too) and the TDS was about 330 PPM lower then tonight's.  Wonder if there was a bigger difference in temperatures in the water compared to tonight.  Anyways, I decided to nix using any more Grow formula.  They greened up again nicely so I didn't think it was necessary, so I'm just sticking with the Bloom formula for now.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#381048 - 03/09/10 10:55 PM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Good choice on switching over to just the Bloom at this time.  I just did the same thing!  :super:

I also Fed with 3/4 tsp FNB and 1/4 tsp Cha Ching.  After 24 hours they already look like they are putting more energy into bud production, buuuut it is about time anyways.  Mag has said it's a heavy bloomer near the end.

It's funny though because the Super Skunk pheno is so pronounced.  The cola looks tall as fuck and lacking structure, but you wait, I bet it's going to take a little longer, but fill in huge.  At least that's what I hope happens. :lol:

See it in the middle?  It's tall and sativa looking, but I have a feeling it will have a big cola.

--------------------

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #381153 - 03/10/10 03:39 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

look like some nice pocket rockets; what's the expected yield all up?

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Snurry]
    #383451 - 03/14/10 11:27 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Day 43

Fed last night, decided to apply the gravity as well.  Directions say apply 3 weeks before harvest, and I just hit week 6 last night so in it went.  Directions also call to cut nutes in 1/2 and raise the lights.  Well, i cut the nutes in 1/2 but felt my lights were already pretty high up so I left them.

Fed with 1/2 tsp FN Bloom + 1/2 tsp Snow Storm + 1/8 tsp Kool Bloom dry + 2 ml's (little under 1/2 tsp) Gravity / Gal water @ 730 PPM and 6.2 Ph.

She's looking pretty good, buds are all bulking up nicely now.  The citrus smell is a bit more pronounced, although I still get the normal "dirty diaper" funk from the buds as well.  I'm excited about the gravity, I finally have the chance to use it right instead of trying to force it in at the end.  They'll be fed three times with gravity (last night, tues, and finally on fri).  Then they'll get full strength nutes for two more weeks, and if all goes well plain water with a flush in the last week before harvest on week 9.

The clones I have which are waiting to go in are getting transplanted today and placed in flowering tonight.  Ended up taking some rolls on Friday so I wasn't in the straightest of minds to get it done yesterday.  Once those babies go into flowering I'll be topping the Kushberries for sexing clones, popping in the three sleestack seeds, and then I'll  be closing down the veg cab for new strains until I've put each of the ones I have through one run.  After that I'll decide which one I like the most and keep that mom, flower the others, then get working on new genetics.  The sleestacks are going to be fun because my girlfriend is going to be growing one of them.  Figured if I got her involved on a project maybe she'd get hooked on it too and I'd have an easier time expanding hehe.  Besides it will be nice to teach her like I did with the shrooms, if she does as well with this as she did with the mushrooms will both have a lot of bud to smoke hehe.

Pics tonight once the lights flip on!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #383699 - 03/14/10 07:33 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

So I transplanted the clones today and placed them into flowering.  All of the root systems looked beautiful going in.  The tiny clone was a bit smaller then I'd like to have her, but I can't wait any longer.  They were fed tonight with 4 ml's FN Grow, + 4 ml's FN Bloom + 1/2 tsp Snow Storm PPM @ 1300 Ph @ 5.8 

They look a little droopy because I was late with the watering can, but they'll perk up in a few hours.  Other then that they're all super healthy and ready to go.  The one in the top left corner is the one I'm most interested.  She's the oldest and has been topped already, can't wait to see what she can do.

Other then that just a few quick pics of the girl in flower and a final closet shot.  3-4 more weeks to go with the girl in flower, long road ahead for the clones.  I'll be throwing some kushberry cuttings in around 2 weeks (once they root) to figure out sex and (possibly) get a preview :smile:

EDIT: Cloned the Kushberries tonight.  Fuck it, need to get moving on it. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #383871 - 03/15/10 04:06 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Looking Good, as always

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: KaptKid]
    #383926 - 03/15/10 09:03 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

The buds on the LA are awesome man! I would think that was white widow if I didn't know better. Looks like you found a keeper :thumbup:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/15/10 09:03 AM)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #383931 - 03/15/10 09:13 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

They do look danky don't they.

So whats your take on snowstorm coda? worth while investment or does it just make it look nicer? can't imagine it doesn't increase quality if it does make more trichs.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: pha3r0]
    #384128 - 03/15/10 04:25 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Couldn't tell you on that one as this will be my first run, even then I can't give a full opinion because I didn't use it properly (missed a lot of feedings with it).  But it sure does make the buds look prettier :wink:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#384157 - 03/15/10 05:07 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

guess it does as intended then haha, my hydro shop has the 8oz for 11 bucks I think I might pick it up as a reward if I break my weight goal of 2oz's. If i don't make at least 2 though I am saving for equipment to build a HPS version of my freeezer.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: pha3r0]
    #384248 - 03/15/10 07:45 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Right on. depending on how many plants you grow per time and the size of the pots, that small bottle can last a long time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck