Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJimmy
Boosting alkaloid production in Papaver Somniferum using Amino acids.
    #334578 - 12/21/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

According to this, tyrosine is the amino acid precursor to morphinan alkaloids in papaver someniferum. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the tryptamine/DMT--->psilocin concept using tryptamine or DMT to boost psilocin levels in mushrooms. This is similar. I was wondering if anybody here knows anything about applying this concept to poppies. So far, I have found this. Does anybody know about this?

--------------------
Wanna see something cool?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGeryon
Thizzmatic
Male

Re: Boosting alkaloid production in Papaver Somniferum using Amino acids. [Re: Jimmy]
    #336801 - 12/26/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

this. is. awesome...if you could make it work...
tyrosine is an awfully big molecule with a couple instances of polarity, i think you'd have a hard time with the bioavailability...i doubt (but also am in no position to give tangible advice) that it could diffuse across a semi-permeable membrane and doubt even more that evolution would think it a good idea to put amino acid transport proteins in the root systems on the grounds that anything that usable would probably get digested by some bacteria.
that being said i really really hope someone knows more and can contradict because it would be too fucking cool if you could drop some amino acid supplement pills in your dirt and churn out opium worth starting a war over.
...this is a little tangential, but i had no idea about the tryptamine/DMT--> psilocin connection; anyone have any theories about how using dried and resoaked phalaris aquatica grass instead of vermiculite and standard organic rice flower would affect the resulting cubes? or how about if p. aquatica were used as the bottom layer for an outdoor cyan patch?

OfflineJimmy

Re: Boosting alkaloid production in Papaver Somniferum using Amino acids. [Re: Geryon]
    #336992 - 12/27/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I geuss this is much more like adding tryptophan to substrate and getting tryptophan--->4HO-DMT, which now that I think about it IS limited by tissue permeability and exhaustion of decarboxylation enzymes. The more expensive but probably more effective route is dopamine supplementation. As far as route of administration, I would go with a potassium chelate of the amino acid. Supposedly chelates are pretty bioavailable through the roots. I was also thinking more along the lines DWC rather than soil type medium (look it up, DWC poppy growing is great). If this was done before or in between lancings, foliar feeding is also an option.

--------------------
Wanna see something cool?

OfflineGeryon
Thizzmatic
Male

Re: Boosting alkaloid production in Papaver Somniferum using Amino acids. [Re: Jimmy]
    #372548 - 02/24/10 02:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I asked my biology teacher who believes that plants actually would have amino acid transport proteins on their roots. Need to find a radio-tagging test that proves it though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract