Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: I love HPS [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #330284 - 12/12/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
i think he was saying that you get a lower caylx to leaf ratio outdoors compared to the same plant under an hps indoors.  i've never seen any studies on this but the logic he used above makes good sense, certainly.

QFT, that is exactly what i'm saying.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I love HPS [Re: Inverted]
    #330285 - 12/12/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ah, i see, misread that.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I love HPS [Re: Pilze]
    #330321 - 12/12/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
thats the same light i have. its capable of more than i originally thought. things are taking off quite nicely with this it. so nicely, that i feel the need to upgrade to a 400 watt HPS.

I also have this light, just haven't used it lately. I flowered a single plant and got a couple zips, can't complain about that considering its a 150. And Inverted I will second the "proceed stright to 600w" comment.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (12/12/09 02:01 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I love HPS [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #330415 - 12/12/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

And Inverted I will second the "proceed stright to 600w" comment.

Thirded, if you had the cash I'd suggest a 1K light, but that can be a serious investment to keep it cool.  If you already have a vented hood/cool tube a 600 watt setup with bulb probably wont run more then 220-240.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#330444 - 12/12/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Some people don't have jobs or funds man... I've grown this entire crop with about 10 dollars... I'm a ninja like that. :blueninja:

I just simply cannot afford to pay for anything for this grow.  I have everything I need to continue it, but I cannot upgrade lighting or ventilation at this point until I get a job and license back!

The HPS was a gift from my older brother to me, so he's cool as fuck.  :yesnod:

Like I said.  I totally would skip the 400, but I can also get one for free :smile:

I know the importance of maximum light, believe me, but I just don't see me using anything other than what I have for a while.  I am very good at using what is provided, for example this grow has gone AMAZING for not having any money and using MG, and Schultz fertilizers.

Give me a year and we'll see where i'm at.  It's anyones guess at this point where this will take me (Col. or Cali for sure)

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330474 - 12/12/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

but I can also get one for free

Free beats all.  Can't argue with that my man, grab the free setup and save some scrilla for the 600/1K ballast.  By that point you'll be so pimping and hooked on using the HPS lights you'll dedicate a bedroom to your grow and run everything ya got :wink:

Ok, maybe not, but trust me you'll be jonesin' for more wattage once you see the results from the 400 :smile:  Can't wait to see what ya do with it :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: I love HPS [Re: coda]
    #330552 - 12/12/09 11:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

but I can also get one for free

Free beats all.  Can't argue with that my man, grab the free setup and save some scrilla for the 600/1K ballast.  By that point you'll be so pimping and hooked on using the HPS lights you'll dedicate a bedroom to your grow and run everything ya got :wink:

Ok, maybe not, but trust me you'll be jonesin' for more wattage once you see the results from the 400 :smile:  Can't wait to see what ya do with it :smile:

:lol: You know me better than you think!  I am already expanding more and more than I planned to... :nonono:  But this is a good thing, and believe me, i'd turn my entire bedroom into a grow if I didn't need a place to sleep at night lol!

I can't wait to see either!  I think i'll be able to apply my skills much more to an indoor grow than outdoors.  Mother nature does a damn good job of taking care of plants on her own, although i'm too much of a mother goose and like to check on them every day anyways.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330590 - 12/13/09 01:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

i'd turn my entire bedroom into a grow if I didn't need a place to sleep at night l

I can't wait until I own my own place.  I want a house with a basement so bad so I can construct the grow room of my dreams.  I'm so tired of small spaces.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I love HPS [Re: coda]
    #330654 - 12/13/09 10:10 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i right there with ya on that coda.  I've got it all planned out in my head, so i'll have to find a house that works around the design i have.  Just mainly need water hook ups in the basement.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineBuddy
Mr.
Male

Re: I love HPS [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #330676 - 12/13/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I :heart: HPS! Great this time of year too. My 400W keeps my room warm too if I crack the wardrobe door open.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: I love HPS [Re: Buddy]
    #330924 - 12/13/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It truly is the best innovation in the grow room since the beginning of indoor cultivation IMO.  I can't say that it has drastically improved my grow yet, because it's only been in use for 2 days, and it's only a 150w; but still just the ease of use compared to CFL's has already made it a worthwhile purchase.  It's nice having only 1 cord plugged in, instead of 6 nig-rigged cords and sockets that makes everything look unprofessional.

CFL's will always have a place with me though, as I have been able to veg plants quite amazingly with them, although if you are flowering with them I really don't think it's worth it.

Yes it can be done, and decent results can be achieved.  Just look at Harry's CFL Ladies!  But it's not worth it to have all these haphazardly placed lights all over the place, when you could just have 1 bulb take care of the entire process.  Much more professional in my book.

You just cannot grow large plants with them.  It just is not worth the hassle of making sure every part of the plant has a light within 2 inches of it, and constantly adjusting and if you miss one day they get burnt.

I'm done with that shit, but I WILL still throw 80-100w of warm in w/ my HPS because some of my plants are too large to get the type of penetration I desire from the 150 alone.  If I had a 250 I'd just use that solo, but that's not the case.  I also love how cool my box is.  I thought it would be a problem at first but it's just as easy to keep at room temp as my 200w of CFL.  The heat stress that was plaguing my plants is nearly gone already since making the switch.

I sound like a damn salesmen now!  :lol:  But I just want more CFL enthusiasts to understand these things, because I was one of those guys thinking "why waste money on HID when CFL is just as good".

I truly believed that for a long time and now only 2 days into HID lighting I feel like I was wasting my time in the past!

Anyways... /Stoner rave review

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#330957 - 12/13/09 08:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yea man. that 150 that we have will do some nice stuff. im only using a 150 to get things going. like ive said all over the board, im getting a 400 watt HPS in 2 weeks or less. i cant wait. heres a pic of my grow as of today, using only the 150 watt HPS. imagine what things will look like when a 400 watt HPS hits em...

Edited by Pilze (12/13/09 08:45 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck