Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grafting Marijuana plants (moved) [Re: hisheater]
    #329921 - 12/11/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hisheater said:
Encryptor have you seen the movie Botany of Desire as well? That movie kicks ass. People interested in the effects of humans on plants should look into it. It's a watch instantly movie on netflix. They focus on four plants: tulips, apples, potatoes, and cannabis. They show how our strive for better taste, color, yield, and potency has evolved these plants into more than nature could have imagined. Are we using them or have they found a way to use us to further evolve them?

+5 for that suggestion!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Grafting Marijuana plants (moved) [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #330078 - 12/11/09 09:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah omnivore dilemma was turned into a movie too. It's called Food Inc. and that movie is nuts too. Also on Netflix. These are the reasons I no longer eat meat. Plus I don't like the texture of cooked muscle.

--------------------
They call them fingers but I never see them fing... Oh wait, there they go.
-----------------------------------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Grafting Marijuana plants (moved) [Re: hisheater]
    #330219 - 12/12/09 09:13 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hisheater said:
Yeah omnivore dilemma was turned into a movie too. It's called Food Inc. and that movie is nuts too. Also on Netflix. These are the reasons I no longer eat meat. Plus I don't like the texture of cooked muscle.

Yeah after I read omnivores dilemma I stopped eating meat for a day.  But after I had a bean and cheese burrito I was so unsatisfied that  I had to eat a carnitas one right after.

Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Grafting Marijuana plants (moved) [Re: SmOakland]
    #330439 - 12/12/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

heh heh heh that's the hardest i've laughed all day.
it's fucked up how cows are slaughtered just before they die of digestive problems from the food we feed them. Just like american cars. Made to break down just after the warranty expires.

--------------------
They call them fingers but I never see them fing... Oh wait, there they go.
-----------------------------------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grafting Marijuana plants [Re: Inverted]
    #332117 - 12/16/09 12:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
My friend had an Apple tree in his yard that was the work of the U of M.

It was 3 trees in one, so you could harvest 3 different strains of apple off of the same tree.  It looked so fucking cool.  Then a huge storm took one of the strains off, not so cool after.

It's possible, but not very practical.

I hear with apple trees it takes a few years for the graphed branches to bear fruit.

So that's a timely ass project.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Grafting Marijuana plants [Re: captain.koons]
    #332227 - 12/16/09 11:55 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
I hear with apple trees it takes a few years for the graphed branches to bear fruit.

So that's a timely ass project.

Agreed, but it's better than up to ten years after purchasing a young tree from a nursery. Of course, grafting assumes you have available rootstock, but if you do, and if you're going to be in one place for a while, and you like apples, it seems like a worthwhile endeavor. It could actually save you time if you already had a hardy apple tree available: buy a sapling, take cuttings and graft, get that fruit in two years vs. five (eight, whatever apples are). Plant the sapling too, if you have the space. If you're proficient, you could quickly increase yield and time efficiency.

Also, if you want a variety of apples (or cannabis, pears...) that doesn't have a strong root system when grown on its own, you could graft it (and others) onto a really strong rootstock (I imagine having that 3x3 mom closet devoted to one giant mom tree, 45 strains...:drooling:).
Or maybe graft onto a dwarfing rootstock to get a smaller plant (I think...had a horticulture teacher once say that dwarf rootstock often made fruits larger. Not sure how this works), but now I'm just ramblin'.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order