Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #324401 - 12/01/09 05:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would have if I could have man. I have no alternative system to root and veg clones. That's my next project though.

As of right now there does not seem like there is much I can do other than just see the grow out. :frown: Hopefully the plant will recover...

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: TomCollins]
    #324855 - 12/01/09 07:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's too bad man, it's always nice to snag at least one clone from em before flowering.  Keep those genetics going!!  Good luck on that plant, and keep us updated.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: coda]
    #326626 - 12/04/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
3.) N overload

Hey guys I just realized something. The problem started when I kicked back to 12/12 from 24/0. However, I have not kicked back my feeding times. Could this problem be occurring because the plant is receiving too much nutrients during it's dark cycle?

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineTomCollins

#327362 - 12/05/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

bump.

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #327587 - 12/05/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I really don't think it works like that,  but you should be watering less during your dark hours.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#327631 - 12/06/09 01:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, thanks for the info.

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #327643 - 12/06/09 03:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How's that plant doing??

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#327646 - 12/06/09 04:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Not too good. It's still growing which I find odd, and there isn't a signs of it becoming a hermie. So I'll just let it hang out for a while, unless shit hits the fan. I took some pictures of the roots though for you guys to see.

This is the plant in question:

This is one of my healthier plants:

I haven't gotten around to installing more lights, though I think that may have something to do with it Hawk. I can decide whether I want to buy another HPS, some CFLs or just not spend anymore cash on this grow and instead upgrade for my next grow.

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #327647 - 12/06/09 04:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Suffer the loss and upgrade the next grow.  Even if you add another HPS, that plant has been so stressed that it wont be worth the extra money. 

Although it wouldn't hurt anything if you have a bunch of extra money laying around.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#327648 - 12/06/09 04:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I just exchange a few PMs with Magash and he suggested that its a phosphorus overdose. He showed me pictures of plants with phos overdoses and the leaves were doing the same thing as mine! He also suggested the reason this was only happening to this plant was mainly because it wasn't getting as much light as the others and therefore couldn't use the nutes as fast. So what we came up with was adding clean water to the nutrient solution to dilute it a bit.

Only the upper portion of the plant is affected. I'm not sure the plant has stressed that much.

I have money lying around... :tongue: I don't want to spend it though, I need to use it for christmas presents. That and I haven't bought any pot in sooo fucking long.... :crying:

I'm not sure how I would add another HPS in there anyway. If anything I would simply swap out for a 600 watter, which would definitely help I'm sure. I don't want to go down the CFL route though. Hrmm.... I'm going to have to do some thinking on how I would stick two HPS's in that closet. I'm very tempted to do it.

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #327649 - 12/06/09 05:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

CFL's blow, HID light is the only way to go in my opinion.  I haven't seen a single thing that compares to it.

Yeah, I would worry about diluting the nutes out.  I would hate to give too little to the healthy plants that are growing well and sacrifice their yield.  i

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#327662 - 12/06/09 08:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well to be honest, I've been seeing minor nute burn on the other plants as well. The solution is simply too strong and I think overall, the yield of 3 healthy plants will out weigh that of 2 healthy plants. I have no issue throwing the plant out, but I think it would be a little counter productive to toss a plant out when it can be salvaged. In addition, it seems a little bit like wishful thinking to expect massive yields from two plants feeding off of an overly potent nutrient solution. :shrug:

In any case, this is an immediate solution. Obviously, my setup is unable to distribute light properly and that's something I need to work on.

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #327796 - 12/06/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed, I didn't realize you were getting a bit on nute burn on your healthy plants in that case it sounds like a decent plan.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#327934 - 12/07/09 01:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, it was negligible nute burn on some of the lower leaves. But yeah I think this is the way to go.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck