Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: GRow ROom DEsign - Improvements? [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #322369 - 11/27/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hahaha...I don't know why I put the 1000w question out there, I keep thinking of my 4x4 space.
So, you think too hot with 600?  I'd love to see some great yields from that space, and I don't think I'm passing the point of diminishing returns with 150w per sq ft do you?
400W would give me 100w/ft^2 so maybe that's my best bet.
Just thinking out loud...I don't want to do a CFL grow, I like the results from HID too much.

Quote:

DJ_avocado said:
These are my final plans.� My only concern is the position of the carbon filter and the length of ducting used. There is also going to be an oscillating fan not shown in the pic.1) Will the 449cfm Vortex fan work well enough for passive ventilation and light cooling despite the sharp bends in the duct and its length into the attic?� I want to place the fan in the attic to reduce noise, my room is next to the front door.:grin: Should it be inside the tent?2) Noise reduction ideas? I was going to stuff foam or something into my windows but was wondering if anyone had any tips to muffle noise without sealing the room and probably making it real hot.3) Is the carbon filter ok there, over the light?

I would personally put my fan and filter together.  You mention passive ventilation, but from your sketch it looks like the grow room is a sealed environment...where is the air coming in?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: GRow ROom DEsign - Improvements? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #322493 - 11/27/09 11:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well if you have both I'd say turn on the 600 in there for a day or two and see how hot it gets. if it remains reasonable, then put some girls in there and grow some sexy nugs :smile:

--------------------

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: GRow ROom DEsign - Improvements? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #322504 - 11/28/09 12:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So what if the air goes from the LIGHT---->(ATTIC) CARBON FILTER----> FAN? :thumbup:?  The tent has holes in it for air intake on the bottom, I was gonna leave them open.

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

#322506 - 11/28/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yea...maybe a small carbon filter can be attached to the fan and made to fit inside the ducting.  How farfetched is this idea?  I was wondering also, would active ventilation make enough of a breeze for the plants inside?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #322700 - 11/28/09 03:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

DJ, your LIGHT-->Filter-->Fan would be fine.  Just make sure that your tent is still light tight with the holes open.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinedoctormark
Stranger
    #325055 - 12/02/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

For 4X4 room/tent I will suggest you go with a 400w with an isolated air cooled reflector. By keeping lamp air isolated you dont have to filter the exhaust. Then use a separate charcoal filter and fan for odor control. Also an Ozone system can be added if required.

Please don't use 1000 W in a small space like that. No matter how much ventilation you use, shortwave infrared energy from a 1000w bulb will burn/kill the plants in no time. (Just don't check room temperature, Place your hand palm down under the light (at same height as top of plant) for a minute or two and observe the warmth you feel under your skin. That is inferred energy.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: GRow ROom DEsign - Improvements? [Re: doctormark]
    #325056 - 12/02/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

man we aren't just guessing you know, many of us actually have lights that size in rooms that small and we don't burn our plants down.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#325070 - 12/02/09 09:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

doctormark said:
For 4X4 room/tent I will suggest you go with a 400w with an isolated air cooled reflector. By keeping lamp air isolated you dont have to filter the exhaust. Then use a separate charcoal filter and fan for odor control. Also an Ozone system can be added if required.

Please don't use 1000 W in a small space like that. No matter how much ventilation you use, shortwave infrared energy from a 1000w bulb will burn/kill the plants in no time. (Just don't check room temperature, Place your hand palm down under the light (at same height as top of plant) for a minute or two and observe the warmth you feel under your skin. That is inferred energy.

:facepalm:

grab a book and start reading.

BTW, its spelled, "infrared."

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #325088 - 12/02/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

doctormark said:
Please don't use 1000 W in a small space like that. No matter how much ventilation you use, shortwave infrared energy from a 1000w bulb will burn/kill the plants in no time. .

Asinine. I've literally seen 2000w HID grows run over a 4x4 space and the only thing that happened is INSANE yields. Please ignore this guy.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: GRow ROom DEsign - Improvements? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #327611 - 12/05/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha.  yeaaa.... INsAnE YielDS. Thanks. If I were to add another fan to the grow tent, besides the 6in vortex rigged to the light, would it wiser to use an oscillating fan on the plants OR a squirrel cage fan or computer fan for an active ventilation?  In other words, which one would be the better bang for the buck?  I wanna run two fans max for this tent, but I don't know which option is more effective.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #327723 - 12/06/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know about another squirrel cage/computer fan, it would make more sense to me to just use one fan but with a higher CFM...
The oscillating fan is handy to keep the plants moving, and to prevent bud rot, and assist in transpiration by lowering humidity in the room.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale