Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Is my kid smoking pot?
    #317632 - 11/17/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Obvious Signs
There are many signs that will inform parents if their kids are smoking pot.  Everything from the smell, red or swollen eyes, and their behavior.  In the next section we will attempt to describe some physical signs of marijuana use in your kid.

What's that smell?
Marijuana has a very distinct smell similar to a skunk's spray.  It may also be compared to the smell of burnt lawn clippings.  An easy way to simulate the smell, so you know what you're looking for, is to burn a dried leaf from a maple tree.  Although not exactly the same, the smell is very similar to that of burnt marijuana. 

Be highly suspect of a kid that’s spraying air freshener into their room or car until it reeks like a funeral home. They’re hiding something.  Smoke shops sell highly potent air sanitizing sprays that claim to eliminate smoke in the air. They usually come in smaller, more compact canisters, and are sold at a higher rate than the average air freshener.  If your kid has begun to come home wearing heavy cologne, perfume, or body spray you may want to investigate, especially if they usually wear a reasonable amount or none at all.  Some kids will also try to cover the smell by burning strongly scented incense or candles. They may even try to pass the smell off as incense or candles.  In some cases, a device is crafted to blow smoke through, dubbed a “toke blower”, in an attempt to disguise the smell.  Smokers typically open a window to air out a smoky area.  If the suspected pot smoker has an open window during winter or when the AC is on, chances are they are attempting to "air out" the area.  Clothing will also hold marijuana smoke.  The marijuana smell can be described as musty, musky, of earthy.  A marijuana smoker is aware that their clothing will hold the smell of smoke; therefore they may use excessive body spray of cologne in an attempt to cover it up. 

Pot smokers breathe will also hold the smell of marijuana for some time.  Uncharacteristic or excessive teeth brushing, gum chewing, breath mint popping, etc. is usually a good sign that the suspected person is trying to cover the smell of smoke on their breath.  Marijuana smoke also adheres itself to the smoker's hands, most significantly, the fingers.  The thumb and index finger are usually used in smoking a joint; therefore these two fingers will retain the smell long after the joint has been smoked.  Hand washing can usually eliminate the smell.  However, unless the pot smoker focuses on the fingers, the smell will remain long after hand washing.

It’s in the eyes...
A person under the influence of marijuana will most likely have red/swollen/bloodshot/irritated/glassy eyes.  The red eyes, also know to pot smokers as "chinese eyed", can be temporarily covered up with Visine (also know as "white eye").  Although the eye drops may relieve the smoker of irritated red eyes, it will do nothing to remove the glassy eyed, glazed over look in the eye.  Some smokers prefer to wear sunglasses to hide their eyes as well.  Wearing sunglasses indoors and/or at unlikely times should be viewed as a red flag...........Read more

I especially like the Chinese eyed thing.
:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: Triptonic]
    #317645 - 11/18/09 01:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well lets see here...

Quote:

Triptonic said:

Be highly suspect of a kid that�s spraying air freshener into their room or car until it reeks like a funeral home. They�re hiding something. 

guilty

Quote:

If your kid has begun to come home wearing heavy cologne, perfume, or body spray you may want to investigate, especially if they usually wear a reasonable amount or none at all. 

guilty

Quote:

Some kids will also try to cover the smell by burning strongly scented incense or candles. They may even try to pass the smell off as incense or candles. 

guilty

Quote:

Smokers typically open a window to air out a smoky area.  If the suspected pot smoker has an open window during winter or when the AC is on, chances are they are attempting to "air out" the area.

guilty

Quote:

Pot smokers breathe will also hold the smell of marijuana for some time.  Uncharacteristic or excessive teeth brushing, gum chewing, breath mint popping, etc. is usually a good sign that the suspected person is trying to cover the smell of smoke on their breath.

guilty

Quote:

Although the eye drops may relieve the smoker of irritated red eyes, it will do nothing to remove the glassy eyed, glazed over look in the eye. 

guilty

I guess this is a pretty accurate "how-to" article.
being a kid was fun :rofl:
no wonder my mother caught on

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: Fox]
    #317651 - 11/18/09 05:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea I broke all these rules and just never gave a fuck If she knew I was smoking pot

:bonghit:

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#317671 - 11/18/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I never try and hide my scent I find it beautiful and don't care if anyone knows.

Cologne stinks.

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: elcharrosays]
    #317674 - 11/18/09 08:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I cover up my pot smell with more smoke :happyweed:

and if your eyes get too red you can just tell people thats what color they turn when youve been using your xray vision for extended periods of time :sun:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #317678 - 11/18/09 09:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I know my oldest kid tokes some with his friend next door once in a while. He is guilty of all of the above but they are never the first things to clue me in. The first clue is when he becomes dumb as a rock. More so than usual for his age.

After observing some odd behavior or blank stares I might hit him with a question.

"HEY!. Quick... What's your name?"

"Duh..." With confused look on face.

"You're high aren't ya kid?"

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #317720 - 11/18/09 11:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:
I know my oldest kid tokes some with his friend next door once in a while. He is guilty of all of the above but they are never the first things to clue me in. The first clue is when he becomes dumb as a rock. More so than usual for his age.

After observing some odd behavior or blank stares I might hit him with a question.

:rofl::rofl:

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: Stoneth]
    #317722 - 11/18/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol.

Offlinefort mushroom
Stranger
    #317724 - 11/18/09 11:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

or when they come inside giggly and go straight to the fridge

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: fort mushroom]
    #317728 - 11/18/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the growery man!

Offlinefort mushroom
Stranger
    #317729 - 11/18/09 11:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#317751 - 11/18/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

They do that anyway. They are teen boys after all. And yeah... Welcome to teh Growery.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#317754 - 11/18/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol "come here, do you have chinese eyes!!?!!!?!?"

OfflineHarlz

#317840 - 11/18/09 02:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i beleive its chinq eyes

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: Harlz]
    #317905 - 11/18/09 03:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My eyes change color when I'm high, that's how all my stoner friends used to know I was high.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #317908 - 11/18/09 03:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry for the double post but seriously what kid doesn't smoke pot?

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #317974 - 11/18/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:

:rofl::rofl:

:lmafo: that's fucked up lol

Quote:

fort mushroom said:
or when they come inside giggly and go straight to the fridge

that's how my dad said he figured out that i was smokin. straight to the fridge hahaha

--------------------

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #317980 - 11/18/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My mom caught me once, that was only because I was tripping. Luckily she thought the shrooms were weed. It was little flakes, thank god for uneducated parents.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#318013 - 11/18/09 06:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
i beleive its chinq eyes

chink.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineHarlz

Re: Is my kid smoking pot? [Re: THEBats]
    #318024 - 11/18/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

Harlz said:
i beleive its chinq eyes

chink.

chinq?

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#318041 - 11/18/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineHarlz

#318055 - 11/18/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#318059 - 11/18/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinq?

nice try. 

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (11/18/09 07:22 PM)

OfflineHarlz

#318061 - 11/18/09 07:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinq?

nice try. 

chinq?

naw jk man lol:bonghit:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#318066 - 11/18/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thaaannks:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag