Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheman420

90w LED grow
    #317546 - 11/17/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay this grow will be to see for myself and the others on the message board here how well these grow lights work. To my knowledge theirs a few of you out their that have tried and proven this!
**since I'm on a budget there will be not a lot being put into this**
So i picked up a cheap 90watt grow light for around 150-200USD some where in that range, it came and only half of it work so i bought some slow blow fuses for like 1.50. Than I went and bought some hanging bracket material at a hardware store that cost around 15.00. The seeds and organic soil I had as well as pots. the nutes are MG pro i cant find any fox farm around I'm sure there's some organic stuff I could get but I'm out of money now so no nutes for flowering!.
the total cost is around 216.50 if the light did cost 200.

SO LETS SEE IF THESE GROW EM, I KNOW THEY LOOK COOL LIT UP:tongue: 

11/28/09
started germination of seeds in wet paper towel inside of a can of chewing tobacco. temps where in the 60-70F.

12/02/09
seeds popped and put them in 2x2 pots with seed starter and a plastic bag was used as a way to keep Rh up! i will be using a 45 watt CFL for starting the seedlings.

12/09/09
Pic update

12/13/09
vegging starts and the timer is set to a 18/6 lights on lights off period. the led light is only 45 watts after a fuse blew.

12/19/09
used a 1/4 strength of MG pro today, the soil is packed very tight. Fimmed the normal plant while the mutant was left to grow. also replaced the fuse in the led to make it a full 90 watts/ much brighter now!

12/22/09
the normal one seems to have a slight Mg problem so gave it another shot of a a 50% mix of MG pro. this was after i transplanted to gallon sized milk jugs. the soil that was used is an organic type but the name is unknown? which is strange?:confused:

1/02/10
Pre-flowers are seen today. the mutant was topped as well to help make it a bit more bushier. Its much smaller and thinner than the normal plant.

1/04/10
pre-flowers are forming more on the normal plant.

1/08/10
12/12 lighting was switched on today.

1/11/10
put crushed eggshells in the normal plants pot to help with a nute burn caused by the MG pro solution i used last time. Also looks like the pre-flowers have turned to hermie due to all the stress of the lights being knocked on and off with power outages! but still have hope because its not its true sex yet!

1/12/10
the bigger bushier plant is confirmed a female, while the mutant is still pre-flowering(probably due to its more sativa side) but looks like a male so far.

1/14/10
the mutant plant was confirmed a male today. also found a bigger pot to put the female plant in, its about 2-3x's as big as the milk jugs i was using.
Was thinking about making clones from this plant, but will wait because this is an experimental grow and need to see how well the light will penetrate the canopy.

1/15/08
this is week 7 and 9 days into flowering.

1/28/10
so this is week 9 and week 3 of flowering not much has changed just the hairs are getting bigger and its doing a bit of stretching out.  i tied down one of the branches to even out the canopy and clipped away two of the fan leaves to let some light though to the inner nodes at the bottom.

2/5/10
week four of flowering and week ten altogether! its just showing pistils, no THC or crystals have dropped yet but it smells like a fruity Hawaiian coffee so far! how much longer do you guys think it will take it to bud up the rest of the way I'm aiming for the end of this month or beginning of next... then drying and curing will take another bit of time, but perfection takes time!!

sorry for the flip flopped pics it was kinda hard to take ones of the spots i wanted to show

2/19/10

once again i forgot to flip the pics! anyway it gives you an idea of what they are like on day 44, I'm thinking its going to be a few more weeks. what do you all think the, crystals are clear some cloudy.

3/10/10

okay so its getting down to the last bone for harvesting. this will be the hardest thing i have to decide in the whole grow is when to harvest because i don't have one of those microscopes to look at the trics, so I'm going on bud size( which are not going to be big due to lack of ferts) and hair colour(which they are mostly orange some even turning red and magenta!) some of the buds are purple not as many as i want but its nice to see that i did past some of that trait along.

so should i harvest or wait some more?

3/11/10
I ended up cutting off all four tops as all the hairs where orange, and left the bottom buds to rippen up before harvesting them, cut my finger in the processe which sucked cuz i fainted and the house smell of pot, plus i just got dont smoking a bowl of the tester and was coming up on that! i just cut the bigger fan leaves off and hang them out to dry in a dark place.

3/17/10 DRINKIN ME IRISH OUT!
okay so at mid day when the lights were on i did the final harvest! let them hang outside down until i could get back to the to cut them up a a bit, ended up taking about 2hours to do the 1st manicure. now their hanging upside down in a cool dark area until fully dried( then placed inside my candy jar i use for curing).  its leafy bud because i didn't use big bloom or any other fertilizer besides a lil MG at teh beginning of veg.

final result:
1)I'm est. my yield to be about 7 grams dried total- I'm happy with a quarter that i would have paid 200-240 for. and it sure didn't cost that much to grow considering i had a 90 watt led light!
2) the buds aren't as beefy as i would like but i sacrificed being organic and used a bad choice in fertilizer during the first stages of vegging.(hopefully ill come around a t get some decent fertilizer! any ideas as to what to get?
3) i found out that it can be grown under this light they have a bit to go before they can match up with the Hps lights, but if your looking at cutting cost and getting something worth your time, basically if your a smoker and is tried of paying a cost to get your bud and having the insecurity of having it laced with something do it this way. but if your growing to sell some product to a consumer i would not advice this method simply cause the weight you get from uses HID lighting is far to greater!

plant hanging up before trimming
the plant after trimming, look at all that leave material its very sticky and stinky! have another pile I'm combining when it dries to make some brownies with!
here is one fo the tops fully dried and is setting in the jar getting a cure to mellow out the smoke.

Edited by theman420 (03/18/10 07:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: 90w LED grow (moved) [Re: theman420]
    #317551 - 11/17/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This thread was moved from Soil & Organic Nutrients.

Reason:
grow log.

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #317693 - 11/18/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've vegged all my plants with LEDs since February, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. What they currently lack in flowering power they make up for during veg, very very tight internodes and bushy plants are in your future. :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow (moved) [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #320766 - 11/23/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok so all three have spouted and have been put into a soil mix of organic soil. two of the seeds are of a F3 hybrid that ive been working on and the other is of an unknown strain i found on my floor while cleaning it seems that one is going pretty fast.

Right now i have them on a 18/6 timer when the 90 watt LED set at about two three inches from the soil! still no heat coming from the light a lil where the bulbs are but less than my 45 watt cfl.

I was wondering if its better to put them under the cfl until they get a bit bigger or just leave it as is, until flower and then put the cfl in for sup light?

The VISIBLE light it really cool and bright i dont know to much about led grow lights but its all real futuristic in there haha some like space bud!

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

Offlinetheman420

#322838 - 11/28/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well two of the taproots must have been damaged when i put them in the soil, and the unknown strain looks likes its burnt from the light.
so i put two more top 44 seeds in a wet towel and let them set.

This time i will start the seeds off with the cfl and when i FIMM them ill put em under the led light.

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#325025 - 12/02/09 07:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

alrit, seems like i said i wouldnt update much but oh well i need to keep track of days on this.

The first run around didnt do anything so i have two more im putting into some 2x2 pots with seed starter and put them in the in a plastic bag with holes punched into it for ventilation, i just need the Rh up so making a small grow tent untill they get bigger. And ill be putting them under the CFL as well.

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow (moved) *DELETED* [Re: theman420]
    #328822 - 12/09/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by theman420

Reason for deletion: cleaning up this thread

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#329174 - 12/09/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

when were those 2 in that picture planted? like, when did they sprout out of the ground???

is this the light you have?

Edited by Pilze (12/09/09 11:06 PM)

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow (moved) [Re: Pilze]
    #329186 - 12/09/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

those seeds are from 12/02 so about 8 days old, and its under the 45 watt cfl for a couple more days, to insure i don't burn or stunt the grow.

the cfl helps produce needed heat for the room to keep it at a steady 77F and when its off its at like 70f I'd say never have checked when light are off. had minor problem today with power going off two times for a total of about 6 hours, hope nothing comes of it!

it doesn't say its a UFO, just completely white around it. but it is a tri band i believe. And I'm sure its just as good this thing is powerful enough to grow at least four good small plants. i think the guy i bought it from says it puts out 4000lumen's? not sure.

really its to see how these work and to get a bit more people interested in them. now they have LED tv's a bit pricey but they are super clear!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#329211 - 12/10/09 12:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well remember when we were going to start at the same time and compare results? well, i just took these pictures. these are like 2 weeks old today.

Offlinetheman420

#329982 - 12/11/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i guess the HPS is betting me so far but i havent kicked in the secret weapon yet lol.
The stems are getting stronger and the root systems are building up.

the one on the right, in the pic i posted seems to be a mutant but hopefully it will get though its struggle.

those are of an unknown strain pilze? they look very healthy and strong!

--------------------

Edited by theman420 (12/11/09 07:50 PM)

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#330074 - 12/11/09 09:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i got those seeds from some dank bag seed, dark, dense, purplish, stinky sticky skunk nug. i found 5 seeds in about a half ounce only have 3 alive, and theyre doing amazing.

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow (moved) *DELETED* [Re: Pilze]
    #330678 - 12/13/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Reason for deletion: cleaning this thread

--------------------

Edited by theman420 (12/13/09 02:24 PM)

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#330756 - 12/13/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

a fuse keeps blowing? like, in the light, or the circuit breaker for your house?

Offlinetheman420

#332078 - 12/15/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

its in the light itself you can see only half of its working in the last picture i updated. but i think ill just leave it for this grow and see how it does... should be enough power to get something out of it.

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: theman420]
    #333517 - 12/19/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

cant wait to see these babies when the light comes on they are really taking off mostly the main stems are Harding up but tomorrow will be week three so a picture update!
i gave them a shot of miracle grow i know its horrible stuff to use but i have nothing else... i was thinking of putting crashed eggshell in the bigger pots, what would this accomplish? Ive heard it helps the soil.

i also put the light closer since its only pumping out 45watts i will replace the fuse when i switch to flowering.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#333528 - 12/19/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

why not throw down a little money and go to a hydro store and get soil and nutes??

you can grow a plant in miracle grow, but it just isnt going to act the same way. that could be a huge part in why my plants are bushes and yours are still pretty small. (since we did start at pretty much the same time) do you have any updated pictures?

this is my mutant at 3 weeks to the day from popping up

lets see yours!!!

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow *DELETED* [Re: Pilze]
    #333678 - 12/19/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Reason for deletion: cleaning post

--------------------

Edited by theman420 (12/19/09 06:57 PM)

Offlinetheman420

#335375 - 12/22/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the mutant plant is doing pretty good the nodes are very close together, on the other one it seems that theres some sort of nute problem it came from the center of the leaves and its an orangish yellow colour its only on the top two, what could  be causing this? to much N? i just give them a very dilute shot of MG when transplanted.

it seems that they are doing well besides that will post a pic of the problem tomorrow so it can be diagnosed...

update on the nute problem-it seems to be a Magnesium problem so i gave it a half strength shot of MG pro which contains a 24N-8P-16K and also contains the trace macro-nutrients the plant needs. i will have to get another organic fertilizer with a high P during flowering(which should be with-in the next 4 weeks) is this correct?

--------------------

Edited by theman420 (12/26/09 11:54 PM)

Offlinetheman420

#337264 - 12/27/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

week 4 complete on to week 5, there coming along very nicely! thinking about some sort of grow tent since I'm using a black box to house them in.
get some panda film and wrap it around everything, this will help keep the light from coming though the door seal as well!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#337274 - 12/27/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

grow tents are awesome. mine just need the carbon filter and its complete :awesome:

im switching to 18/6 tonight, and probably just flower jan 1 and get what i can with what i have. hopefully the males or females show themselves soon :smile:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#337371 - 12/28/09 08:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

keep it up i want to see how this turns out. still very skeptical about all the LED claims.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: pha3r0]
    #337418 - 12/28/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yes as you should be to, there's not much information about these as there new to the market somewhat. so this is a full 90watt led with no additional lighting from elsewhere.
i also wanted to see what the big deal with these are and i can resell it if its no good, but what ive seen with it soo far is better than ive done before lets just see if it holds up to the test againts a 400w hps!!

theres another one i know of that has had great luck with these you can find his post here
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/238422 and hear is his work in progress http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/262900
im sure he wants everyone here to see what these are capable just as i do.

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#338783 - 01/02/10 11:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i looked at them the other day and the pre-flowers are there so now its a matter of letting them get a bit bigger to flower id say ill start flower next week or the week after since they could triple in size will add some pics tomorrow.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#338793 - 01/02/10 11:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

and the pre-flowers are???? female???

BTW, we were going to do the HPS vs LED to see what does better, well, i had to chop those plants down that i had grown from seed. both males... fuckers.

Edited by Pilze (01/02/10 12:01 PM)

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: Pilze]
    #338909 - 01/02/10 03:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

that sucks! but you do have clones we can test those out and see what happens.
im hoping that they are female still to small to tell i want to switch to flowering but need to get some of the fox farm big bloom and some panda film to wrap around it. will post pics up sometime i doubt the pre-flowers will come up but will try to get something.

i also topped the mutaunt plant so it will bush up its not as big and strong but still looks alrite.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #339270 - 01/03/10 01:11 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Update w/ some pics man.  I know this is old news but you shouldn't have given your plants any MG until they are no longer considered seedlings (only a few inches tall).  I usually wait 'til my plants are about 5-6 inches tall with 5-6 nodes, and secondary branches beginning to form.  This usually takes me about 16-20 days from seed but you will not regret it.

Pics!!!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow *DELETED* [Re: Inverted]
    #340129 - 01/04/10 05:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Reason for deletion: cleaning post

--------------------

Edited by theman420 (01/05/10 07:35 AM)

Offlinetheman420

#343183 - 01/08/10 01:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

well unwillingly 12/12 has been put into effect. i came home last night and everything was unplugged I'm not sure how long it was unplugged for. i asked my roommate and he denied he was ever in there but it had to be him!!

i let it run though a 12 hours of darkness and now its on its light period. good thing at least one was in its pre flowering stage, i hope to hell that the stress of all this didn't turn them to male or hermi's.. not to mention the power outage we had awhile back!

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #343197 - 01/08/10 01:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

wtf. your roommate unplugged your shit? i'd be pissed

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #343215 - 01/08/10 01:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

are those clones or from seed? im surprised your plants are still as small as they are. cause my plants straight up exploded compared to yours. i had to move plants out of my tent to make room for the others!!!

tell your roommate he/she is a dick and they know why. dont go into details just tell them theyre a dick/asshole.

Offlinetheman420

#345896 - 01/11/10 07:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

they are from seeds, the pre-flowers have gotten bigger and the plants are as well. i put some crushed eggshell in the bigger one to help with the nute burn i did with a 50% mix and seems to be reducing it or at least helping it not spread.
Now i think they are hermies not to sure on this will have to wait and see if not when they flower up ill clean this up and stick in my journal for others that are looking into the LED scene.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #345898 - 01/11/10 07:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Are you feeding with plain water?  Those girls look like they got way more food then they could handle.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: coda]
    #346393 - 01/12/10 03:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wtf. your roommate unplugged your shit? I'd be pissed

yes I'm sure of it, and very pissed off at the time but have to get passed it and now where onto flowering I'm just glad i caught it when i did!
Quote:

Are you feeding with plain water?  Those girls look like they got way more food then they could handle.

yes i did a flush and have been using spring water for about a week now. could have been the MG pro i used when they were so small, it was the only thing i had and have no money left over to buy organic nutes. i hope they will still produce nice buds with out ferts:confused:

A lil update: The small one looks like a male not sure its more on the sativa side, the bigger one is a female for sure! the pre-flowers that looked liked balls pushed out white hairs, I'm very glad!finally a female!! i will take cuttings from the bottom two branches since they are small and need some more growing and that way i don't need to mess about with seeds anymore.

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#347496 - 01/14/10 09:49 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

okay so since one is a male i pulled that out and let the female get all the light. i have a 45 watt cfl, i wanted to take the two cuttings from the bottom part since they are hardly getting big and put them outside or flower and take more cuttings and put the new ones out side. I'm pretty sure the one under the led will be done with in the time frame of getting the clones vegged up to flower, so i can just throw em under that.

also i found a much bigger pot I'm not sure of the exact size but i know it will provide more root space, and the gallon jugs i have now are getting to small(you can see the roots on the side of the soil mix.)

So when would be the best time to transplant and take cuttings, I'm not sure if i should do them the same day or not? if this would cause to much stress on her. i was planning on transplanting when the lights come on. then wait a couple more days and try to root the cuttings. Does that sound about right?

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#348116 - 01/15/10 10:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

do you have any more recent pictures?

i havent updated my log for a while, kinda gave up on it. my shit is blowin up.

Offlinetheman420

#348394 - 01/15/10 06:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

update of pictures today, transplanted yesterday and decide not to take cuttings as to see what the bud production will be like on the lower branches.

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#358048 - 02/05/10 01:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

update with pictures!!!! check em out

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#361838 - 02/10/10 06:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

when i was digging though my plant cutting back some fan leaves to let more light to bud sites i found a ball, this is the same one that i mentioned during pre-flowering that i thought this was a male plant... well it seems that it was a seed!!

okay so i took care of this but what im wondering now is how the heck did a seed get here if there was no pollen from a male plant and it seems to be the only one on the plant.

Should i have left it or did i do the right thing by removing it?

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#362017 - 02/10/10 09:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hermaphrodite?

Offlinetheman420

#362154 - 02/11/10 05:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

no thats the thing theirs no sign of male flowers on it and i cut away the male very early as soon as i was for sure it was a male the pollen sacks where hardly visibly but i could tell that they where balls instead on hairs, maybee somehow it was able to pollenete this lovely female somehow?

or it could ahve been a stress related isusse due to the lights coming on and off during its vegg state? im not to sure but the seed is gone ill take a look around again today and see if theres anymore and take a pic to show(what i should have done with this!!)

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#362196 - 02/11/10 09:35 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ok if thats a female plant (for sure) and it grew a seed, then it most likely went hermie on you. although i thought it would take longer for a seed to grow and mature.

my best guess is hermie. which isnt bad. you might just end up with one seed, you might have a couple. no worries. just dont stress your plant any more. be as nice to it as you can.

some of my pistils turned orange 25 days into flowering. i thought they got knocked up, but they didnt. not even 1 hermaphrodite, no nanners (check the tops of each bud for nanners), and ya, check every bud over for sacks. im pretty sure the pistils on my plants turned orange because i used to take them out and put them in my bathtub to water. now i just water in the grow room and throw right back in the tent. you dont want buds hittin other buds. theyll get caught up in each other.

anyway, hey man, ill throw up a few pics of my plants i took yesterday.

Offlinetheman420

#366803 - 02/17/10 08:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well the seed wasnt fully mature yet.
i just know it was, it looked like a pollen sack(and ive had hermies with this strain before) so i pulled it off and it popped out and mushed up like a very pre-mature seed!
but other than that one off act of the ganja god, things are looking very nice! smelling very fruity now like some fruity pebbles, with a hint of that coffee smell too. the white hairs are still white just packing on the thc now and getting fat! a few more days and its the breeders recommened harvest time but since this is been back crossed like 3 times it may take longer... the leafs near the buds are very sativa looking while the bottom ones are indica looking.

im not very good at estimating time cause i usaully grow outside but they could easily go for say another 2-4 weeks putting them at 9-11 weeks of flowering, this sounds about right though?:confused:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367092 - 02/18/10 12:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Can't wait to see the final product. My dad bought a 40watt panel to try out and hes liking it for his seedlings(not cannabis, the old mans a prude) but I told him I would take it if he didn't like the results he got :smile:

Any chance of some pics soon?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#367208 - 02/18/10 09:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

9-11 weeks sounds like what im doing with my JH's. ill be 7 weeks into flowering tomorrow. beautiful buds but not much of a stink which is nice, considering my location. (stinky and STICKY if i touch a leaf or bud)

of course idk what strain you have (not sure if you mentioned it, sorry) but the sensi seed where my genetics came from said the flowering time on jack is 50-70 days. sativas definitely take longer to mature than indicas, so be patient!! whatever you do, DO NOT HARVEST EARLY!!!! make sure to pick up a 30x magnifying glass w/ that built in light so you can check out the trichomes and see if youre ready.

next time i grow i wanna grow indicas. shorter plants, shorter flowering time. :smile:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367210 - 02/18/10 09:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:

next time i grow i wanna grow indicas. shorter plants, shorter flowering time. :smile:

Yeah I got people holding bagseed for me since I don't want to order online due to my location. Plan to start a ton of them along with my summer garden shit and keep the most promising. Either that or I will be in Cali in may and my buddies there have blue dream, GDP and some skunk crosses (prolly from the freebies that company did a bit ago since they said they have 4 or 5 different crosses) they grow for a dispensary and said I could take some clones with me if i didn't mind crossing state lines with them.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Offlinetheman420

#367504 - 02/18/10 06:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the strain is a nirvina? f3 cross of top 44. tried to make it purple flowers, and maginta hairs when its done flowering. its a work in progress.

i took a tester bud today its a reaal mellow high, come up was a bit fast but its lasting a long time! i will post pics 2mrw when i get a chance that will be day 44 of flowering the recommended time to harvest when i got the seeds 3 years ago. im hoping for an quater to an oz to come off this plant. if not i did make clones right now a have 6 but lets hope they last ive never been able to make cutting root but i did get lucky with 2 hope the other 4 work out!

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#368334 - 02/19/10 07:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

update with some pics, this is day 44 of flowering, the recommended time to harvest as you can tell they are defiantly not ready! no hairs have changed colours yet.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#368508 - 02/20/10 10:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

what are you using to look at the trichomes?

Offlinetheman420

#368962 - 02/20/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

its something you look at with diamonds, its probably not the best but it does help to get pretty close. i cant afford one of those magnifiers so until i can harvesting will have to be done with precaution!!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#369277 - 02/21/10 12:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i got one of the 30x microscopes they sell at garden/hydro stores, and its amazing. its just damn near impossible to keep it still enough to get a good look at the trichomes...

Offlinetheman420

#374432 - 02/26/10 10:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

a lil update, flowering may take longer unless it has a growth spourt or something the hairs are only turning orange now. i hope the buds beef up to but cant hope for much if i haven't used any fertilizers since the veg state but they seem to be really healthy and put a strong aroma in the air! the crystals are getting coated to the leaves and where the hairs of the bud is getting big enough to see! I'm thinking this may just be the best grow I've done yet... or had the chance to let fully mature.

should have some nice dank to smoke for 4/20 anyway!!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#374536 - 02/27/10 10:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the buds should swell up in the last 2 weeks before harvest, although, because youre using LEDs, the buds will be fluffy and not compact and dense. its all about the light. LEDs have enough power to veg a plant, but flowering is still a bit difficult.

and why the hell arent you using any nutrients?!?!?!

Offlinetheman420

#374804 - 02/27/10 07:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

lol well, i didn't have any money to get any, hopefully i can pick some organic bat poo up or something cheap.

the buds seem to be way denser than i would have ever thought! I've bought bud that didn't look as dense and its just the part where the hairs come out are not as big as they should be. but only about 10% of hairs are orange so I'm going to let it go all the way and dry it up and cure it and see how it looks.

most of the time when i do it outside it gets to cold and i have to chop them down before this point, so its all kinda new to me I'm pretty excited to see how well it turns out. I'm not to worried about yield or crystals so much as thick dense buds. i want most of the THC to convert into CBD and than ill dry and cure.

also i noticed a banana at the very tip of the bud! so now were dealing with a slight hermie problem... im going to grow the rest of the clones out and start over since its not that bad but i dont want a hermie trait in my strain!!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#375040 - 02/28/10 08:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theman420 said:
lol well, i didn't have any money to get any, hopefully i can pick some organic bat poo up or something cheap.

the buds seem to be way denser than i would have ever thought! I've bought bud that didn't look as dense and its just the part where the hairs come out are not as big as they should be. but only about 10% of hairs are orange so I'm going to let it go all the way and dry it up and cure it and see how it looks.

most of the time when i do it outside it gets to cold and i have to chop them down before this point, so its all kinda new to me I'm pretty excited to see how well it turns out. I'm not to worried about yield or crystals so much as thick dense buds. i want most of the THC to convert into CBD and than ill dry and cure.

also i noticed a banana at the very tip of the bud! so now were dealing with a slight hermie problem... im going to grow the rest of the clones out and start over since its not that bad but i dont want a hermie trait in my strain!!

youre not worried about yield or crystal???? or CRYSTAL!?!?!?! the trichomes are what makes cannabis AWESOME!!!!!!!! without trichomes, you dont get high!!!! that should be your focus man, what are you saying?! i would rather have fluffy buds covered in crystals than dense buds without many crystals.

oh well though man. you (and i both) are learning. but the next time i grow, im gonna be doin some retarded shit.

nutrients are a MUST!!!!!

Offlinetheman420

#375399 - 02/28/10 05:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yes nutes are a must! there are tons of crystals and i took some tester buds and they got me high so i know this will. as long as i get some smoke thats fine with me, true im still learning and taking it slow and figure it all out. maybe next grow i will get a tent and some nutes that will help out sooo much! i think im a week behind flowering of you!

--------------------

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #375504 - 02/28/10 07:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theman420 said:
yes nutes are a must! there are tons of crystals and i took some tester buds and they got me high so i know this will. as long as i get some smoke thats fine with me, true im still learning and taking it slow and figure it all out. maybe next grow i will get a tent and some nutes that will help out sooo much! i think im a week behind flowering of you!

Don't worry about it too much if you are growing in soil. I've never used nutes on my plant for the same reason. Your harvest should still be some great smoke, home grown always is.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: Snurry]
    #378359 - 03/04/10 11:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Snurry said:
Quote:

theman420 said:

Don't worry about it too much if you are growing in soil. I've never used nutes on my plant for the same reason. Your harvest should still be some great smoke, home grown always is.

yeah i just snipped some more off and smoked it leaving the four main stems on the plant 50% of the hairs are orange. the leaves are crystally as hell! the buds are fat but not very big. gets me very high but at the same time its something i can control easy!
im just wondering now if nutes just make the buds like on crack and bulk up like that. the other homegrown ive seen it kinda the same as this stuff?

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#378408 - 03/04/10 02:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

nutrients play a key role in the bud and resin production. if you dont have the level of nutrients the plant needs, then dont expect to get everything you can out of the plant. fox farm is designed for tha ganj (as far as i know) i know advanced nutrients is. fox farm has grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom, along with the 3 pack of open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching. going by the fox farm chart will allow you to get everything you can out of your plants.

nutrients are a must!!!! sure you can grow a bud plant without nutrients, but dont expect it to be DANK.

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #378524 - 03/04/10 05:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theman420 said:
Quote:

Snurry said:
Quote:

theman420 said:

yeah i just snipped some more off and smoked it leaving the four main stems on the plant 50% of the hairs are orange. the leaves are crystally as hell! the buds are fat but not very big. gets me very high but at the same time its something i can control easy!
im just wondering now if nutes just make the buds like on crack and bulk up like that. the other homegrown ive seen it kinda the same as this stuff?

It'll all fill out in the last 2 weeks, be patient. If you want 'buds-on-crack' you'll need to create the perfect ecosystem for the plants.

I watched that last LED grow, and even with high intensity spot lights I didn't see any advantage in them, what made you go for them?

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: Snurry]
    #379230 - 03/06/10 06:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

basically how the wattage is very low less than 100w light bulb in your lamp for reading, and the heat is low if any at all.

The grows that ive seen show really nice buds. plus i read somewhere that the led light puts out some sort of UV light that helps produce thc in the plant.

next grow ill have to see about ferts since i didnt this grow just to see what i like better? but for a man that has no money its basically the choice of organic ferts... im pretty high so ill just stop herre

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#381191 - 03/10/10 09:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well abit of a update, i just watered and looked at the buds. All the hairs are 90%-95% orange so i wish i didnt water so i could harvest im pretty sure there are peak right now im going to take pics later today and tell me you guys think, i know there not massive or anything but for some home grown without ferts i think they did pretty well. Plus it will make me pull the light down for the clones! this would be week 9 of flowering too.

theman420

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#381225 - 03/10/10 11:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

if its ready to harvest, then harvest! doesnt matter if you just watered it. cut that shit down and dry it out BUT ONLY if its ready.

also, dont just listen to me. wait for a few more people to chime in with their words of wisdom.

BTW im about to pull my momma jack later this week, possibly next week sometime, then the others in about 2 weeks. i cut off a shitty bud from the bottom of the plant that didnt get much light and god DAMN. killer...

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #381251 - 03/10/10 12:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theman420 said:
well abit of a update, i just watered and looked at the buds. All the hairs are 90%-95% orange so i wish i didnt water so i could harvest im pretty sure there are peak right now im going to take pics later today and tell me you guys think, i know there not massive or anything but for some home grown without ferts i think they did pretty well. Plus it will make me pull the light down for the clones! this would be week 9 of flowering too.

theman420

What are the trichomes like? Clear? Cloudy? Amber?
Those are the best indicators of ripeness, and I recommend judging based on them.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: 81renaissance]
    #381319 - 03/10/10 02:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not to sure what the actual colour of the trichomes are I'm guessing they are mostly cloudy to amber some, still clear possibly. its very hard to tell with this diamond glass thing! it doesn't get in there to the micro what we need!

heres some pictures though, I'm guessing ill leave them a couple more days and see what happens, if nothing ill cut her down!

pictures are at the beginning of the journal.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #381320 - 03/10/10 02:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Normally I would say they need a few more weeks just based on their structure alone, but since they've never had nutes its hard to say. Since your harvest is going to be on the small side, I would make sure you check the trichs like others have said because you will want the potency to be 100% if the weight isn't.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/10/10 03:19 PM)

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #382001 - 03/11/10 03:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

im feeling pretty high right now, ill give them a few more days and see what happens maybe wait some for the hairs to start going into the false pods to beef it up a lil and at the right time harvest it most of the hairs are still long. i smoked some of the tester abit ago and feeling pretty high. maybe should just cut it down to free up the space for the clones and let them bud for 10 or 12 weeks.

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#382391 - 03/12/10 08:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i ended up harvesting the top four buds, im not sure if i should have but all the hairs are orange and i figure i have another batch i can keep flowering for longer if this isn't up to par!

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#385719 - 03/17/10 11:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

harvested the rest of the plant today, some of the hairs are actually going into the fake seed pods. so i decided to get what i could, i weighed the other tops that had dried after smoking some to see how it was( its was a creep but when it hits it hits like a ton of bricks!)  i got around 3-4 grams dried out of the tops and id say another out of the rest which is about 7 grams of quality organic shit. as of now the tops are cureing in a glass jar to help with the harshness.

I'm pleased with the results it shows that this light is capable of growing pot plants, not as good as some of the hps bulbs can but good enough to smoke( maybe next time use some big bloom to beef the buds up).
the real reward is growing your own smoke which i use for medical purposes and rec sometimes, just never over do it! my mood has been great these last couple weeks and my anxiety is at an all time low!

ill upload some photos tomorrow to the log for your viewing pleasure!:wink:

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#385752 - 03/18/10 01:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

good shit man. i just harvested my last 3 tonight also. beeeeautiful buds. im about to crash so ill post some pictures tomorrow sometime.

lets see some pictures man, i wanna see what came out of it!!!

Offlinetheman420

#390906 - 03/27/10 08:19 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

the final smoke report... so far it has dried and cured up really nice it seems that letting it set and cure condenes it and packed the buds/leaf together smells a really sweet skunk, and the high is more of a head high with light visuals. smokes very nicely in a bowel the ash burns to a white. and rolled in a joint burns fairly smooth but still needs some more curing for those.

all in all im more than happy with the results as i dont really smoke to much to begin with, just when i need a mood enhancer or if im really stressed out.
Next time im going to use some fertilizer that i got its a 10-15-10 liquad it says it doesnt burn the plant and to use it every watering well ill do my flush two weeks or so before i harvest!

ill try get get some picture of the final product up when i can.

--------------------

Offlinecarolzz
Stranger
    #612662 - 03/14/12 03:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

the plant is well but need light I know a website of the lamp is very beautiful,I hope can help you led light

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds