Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
HI with a little help please
    #316545 - 11/16/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

long time shroomery user (my last 2 tubs) and have been putting off coming here as long as i could. i have always just been a big fan of outdoor growing just for the ease of it and had the space. nothing outrageous just some for my wife and i (2 from one of our last grows) but i can do the outside thing anymore and really don't know were to begin with everything that's changed over the last few years. i had 1 500W HPS and 2 drip system hydro pots but sad to say the law has taken from us before we moved. so now i want to do something less bulky i guess with not such a hit on my light bill like it used to be. so were should i begin? or even just a few links that some of you started with? thanx to new friends or any one i already know from shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: feelfunny]
    #316553 - 11/16/09 02:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Im not shure i understand what your asking, what do you need help with?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #316558 - 11/16/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

like i said last time i was growing indoors you needed allot of space which i don't have for at least a year and CFL and LED were not even an option back then. so i guess i was trying to get out of reading through allot of stuff like i did on shroomery and maybe have a few links of a few good setups or at least were i should start as a beginner again. allot has changed and i tried to do a few searches but got overwhelmed with all the new info these days

OfflineBlue Moon Sunshine
Butthole surfer

Loc: Southern IL & STL
    #316559 - 11/16/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I never even used light bulbs.  I just left my plant by the window.  It takes care of itself at room temperature.

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: Blue Moon Sunshine]
    #316562 - 11/16/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i had tried that at first. i did 2 but they just didnt seem to get as dence as i wanted nore did it grow fast enough not to keep running out

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #316563 - 11/16/09 02:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You don't want to do ^^^^^that^^^^^^^ unless you don't care about your yields though.
Why not do just a small 150-400W Scrog grow? It won't take much space, and the difference in your bills will be negligible.

Hey Dr S: Why don't we take this one over to the cult forums?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineAKSE

#316566 - 11/16/09 02:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

feelfunny said:now i want to do something less bulky i guess with not such a hit on my light bill like it used to be. so were should i begin? or even just a few links that some of you started with? thanx to new friends or any one i already know from shroomery.

Well honestly you won't find a better bang for your buck with any different type of light.  If you thought your electricity was too high before and don't have much room to work with, I would suggest getting a smaller HPS light maybe a 400w or 250w (or even a 150w if you're okay with that).  Also it would be minimal, but it would take less electricity to have a Soil grow vs. Hydro, but you sacrafice some growth.

Maybe a Mod could move this to Cultivation?

Butthole surfer

#316567 - 11/16/09 02:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What kind of tub are you sporing those shrooms at?

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: 81renaissance]
    #316568 - 11/16/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=69713 that's what i was looking at but like i said i have been gone so long i don't even know what Scrog stands for or how to rig up the lights. like i said i tried not to just come and ask what to do but it kind of had to come to that

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: AKSE]
    #316573 - 11/16/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AKSE said:
Quote:

feelfunny said:now i want to do something less bulky i guess with not such a hit on my light bill like it used to be. so were should i begin? or even just a few links that some of you started with? thanx to new friends or any one i already know from shroomery.

Well honestly you won't find a better bang for your buck with any different type of light.  If you thought your electricity was too high before and don't have much room to work with, I would suggest getting a smaller HPS light maybe a 400w or 250w (or even a 150w if you're okay with that).  Also it would be minimal, but it would take less electricity to have a Soil grow vs. Hydro, but you sacrafice some growth.

Maybe a Mod could move this to Cultivation?

it was so hi cuz i had a few of them and allot of space which i have lost access to for a while. and sorry didnt know were to post this. and what kind of yeaild diff is there from a 400W to a 150? could i fix with 2 of them?

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316576 - 11/16/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Moon Sunshine said:
What kind of tub are you sporing those shrooms at?

dont get what you are asking this is one of the tubs. and i use WBS with a slice of agar to make the spawn

OfflineAKSE

#316577 - 11/16/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

feelfunny said:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=69713 that's what i was looking at but like i said i have been gone so long i don't even know what Scrog stands for or how to rig up the lights. like i said i tried not to just come and ask what to do but it kind of had to come to that

Scrog = SCReen Of Green

Also, I hate to be the one to say it, but try using the search at the top of the page, you'll likely be able to asnwer all the questions you have:yesnod:  Or go browse through the Cultivation and Grow Journal sections to look at what other people have done, and get some ideas.:thumbup:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: HI with a little help please (moved) [Re: feelfunny]
    #316578 - 11/16/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Smoke Lounge.

Reason:
better here.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316579 - 11/16/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Butthole surfer

Re: HI with a little help please *DELETED* [Re: Blue Moon Sunshine]
    #316582 - 11/16/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by 81renaissance

Reason for deletion: misinformation

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316584 - 11/16/09 02:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i always did 24 hours 20-30days then 12 and 12 has that changed to?

Butthole surfer

#316586 - 11/16/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would just do it naturally for the first three months.  The females will grow forever after the first three months.  I've seen some tall house plants.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316587 - 11/16/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

BMS: That is straight misinformation.

FF: You can still do the 24/7 to 12/12 with a very low incidence of hermaphroditic qualities. Many growers (including me) still do that.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: AKSE]
    #316588 - 11/16/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AKSE said:
Quote:

feelfunny said:

Or go browse through the Cultivation and Grow Journal sections to look at what other people have done, and get some ideas.:thumbup:

thats exactly what i should have done. thank you. will be back with a real question im sure in a few days.

Butthole surfer

#316589 - 11/16/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You do the longer lighting periods after you've cultivated them for the first time.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #316590 - 11/16/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Moon Sunshine said:
I used 200 watt plant lights. It warmed the space you lit up by ten degrees.  So, it was eighty-five degrees in a closet.  it didn't seem to help at all.  You could see the lights from a mile away.  You have to space the light duration about every eight hours for the first 2 months.  If you do more than eight hours of light for the first 2 months you change females to males.

holy fucking god please tell me you're joking with this post.

if you do more than 8 hours of light for the first 2 months you'll change females to males?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
if you do LESS than 8 hours of light for the first 2 months you'll RUIN your entire crop. most people do 18 hours of light during the first month or two and then switch to 12 hours. I've NEVER grown with less than 12 hours of light at any given point in the entire life cycle for plants and my lifetime seed ratio is about 75% female.

--------------------

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316591 - 11/16/09 03:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
BMS: That is straight misinformation.

FF: You can still do the 24/7 to 12/12 with a very low incidence of hermaphroditic qualities. Many growers (including me) still do that.

thank you i know about the hermaphroditic found out the hard way in the beginning with a 8 foot worthless plant. i thought what he said sounded a little funny even if i am new again. but i do thank everyone for being so friendly so far.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #316592 - 11/16/09 03:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Moon Sunshine said:
You do the longer lighting periods after you've cultivated them for the first time.

you're killing me right now man. you are absolutely WRONG about your marijuana growing knowledge. please go do some research before you post any more like this and ruin other peoples crops with your misinformation.

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #316593 - 11/16/09 03:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

]Blue Moon Sunshine said:
I used 200 watt plant lights. It warmed the space you lit up by ten degrees.  So, it was eighty-five degrees in a closet.  it didn't seem to help at all.  You could see the lights from a mile away.  You have to space the light duration about every eight hours for the first 2 months.  If you do more than eight hours of light for the first 2 months you change females to males.

Quote:

Blue Moon Sunshine said:
I would just do it naturally for the first three months.  The females will grow forever after the first three months.  I've seen some tall house plants.

Quote:

Blue Moon Sunshine said:

stop telling this info to noobs please.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316594 - 11/16/09 03:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

FF: Did you see the link I posted to help you out?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316595 - 11/16/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

is there a reason for only 18 a day? i alaways was told back in the day 24 hours so they keep veging till im ready to fruit. do they need rest?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #316596 - 11/16/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

feelfunny; I would highly recommend that you invest in some HPS lights because in the end they will more than pay for themselves in increased harvest, but I certainly understand the appeal of wanting to try a CFL or LED grow, after all, experimentation is what makes this hobby so damn addicting!

here's my last grow under a home-made CFL array so you can see the kind of bud that's possible from just using Compact fluorescents
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/251624#251624

And Agmotes is our resident LED guru, he's got some VERY nice plants under 190W of LED right now.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/262900

click his sig for his other finished grows

--------------------

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316597 - 11/16/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
FF: Did you see the link I posted to help you out?

no i missed it looking now. thanks for the leg up!

Butthole surfer

#316598 - 11/16/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Really they will just spawn of agar and WBS?  What is WBS?

I'd like to try it.  Do you just buy agar in the shake form from the grocery store?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #316599 - 11/16/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

feelfunny said:
is there a reason for only 18 a day? i alaways was told back in the day 24 hours so they keep veging till im ready to fruit. do they need rest?

personal preference to be honest. I used to veg under 18 when I first started, then I did 24 hours for an entire cycle, then cut back to 18 again for heat reasons during the summer, and my current veg cycle is 21/3 (:lol: don't ask me why, it just happened)

--------------------

Butthole surfer

Re: HI with a little help please *DELETED* [Re: Blue Moon Sunshine]
    #316600 - 11/16/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by 81renaissance

Reason for deletion: Misinformation

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316601 - 11/16/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

BMS: If you want to talk shroomies, there's an "other growables" forum and that way you don't have to hijack this thread.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316602 - 11/16/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i did some trainig back in the day by makeing it go from left to right im my closet but this is allot more detailed than what i did.
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
feelfunny; I would highly recommend that you invest in some HPS lights because in the end they will more than pay for themselves in increased harvest, but I certainly understand the appeal of wanting to try a CFL or LED grow, after all, experimentation is what makes this hobby so damn addicting!

here's my last grow under a home-made CFL array so you can see the kind of bud that's possible from just using Compact fluorescents
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/251624#251624

And Agmotes is our resident LED guru, he's got some VERY nice plants under 190W of LED right now.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/262900

click his sig for his other finished grows

and thank you for these. i had HPS 500W but didn't know if there was anything new. do you guys have good vendors here or am i better off looking on Ebay or something?

Edited by feelfunny (11/16/09 03:07 PM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #316603 - 11/16/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

blue moon sunshine, for the last time that is absolutely incorrect. multiple members have asked you to stop spreading misinformation like that and you continue to spout nonsense like that. Consider this your official warning, if this persists I will restrict you from posting in this forum so that you HAVE to read before you continue sowing lies

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316604 - 11/16/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I prefer to buy local at the hydro stores.
Less paper trail, and you support local business.
HTGSupply has some good prices, and if you're interested in quality over value, I really like hydrofarm products.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316606 - 11/16/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Moon Sunshine said:
Really they will just spawn of agar and WBS?  What is WBS?

I'd like to try it.  Do you just buy agar in the shake form from the grocery store?

WBS wild bird seed

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11107710
the feelfamily agar tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11095532/gonew/1#UNREAD
the feelfamily color agar tek

you can see the agar in the jar

Butthole surfer

#316608 - 11/16/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I use indoor flowering lights one month prior for cultivation.  I only use them during the cultivating process.  A very minimal amount of light to dry them out.

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316609 - 11/16/09 03:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
I prefer to buy local at the hydro stores.
Less paper trail, and you support local business.
HTGSupply has some good prices, and if you're interested in quality over value, I really like hydrofarm products.

yea i tried that before i came and there is one 168miles away:sad: maybe one day i will get out there

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316614 - 11/16/09 03:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

another thing i i always just took some seed out of a good bag and worked with them till i got the best i could which wasn't bad usualy but i was wandering if there are any sponsor seed banks or is that pushing it to far? i don't really want to do all this work for just average green

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316616 - 11/16/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Moon Sunshine said:
I use indoor flowering lights one month prior for cultivation.  I only use them during the cultivating process.  A very minimal amount of light to dry them out.

What? What do you use them for PRIOR to cultivation? This makes no sense...

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316617 - 11/16/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

feelfunny said:
another thing i i always just took some seed out of a good bag and worked with them till i got the best i could which wasn't bad usualy but i was wandering if there are any sponsor seed banks or is that pushing it to far? i don't really want to do all this work for just average green

Not pushing too far at all: Visit the "strains breeders and seedbanks" forum to get an idea for the banks that we use.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #316618 - 11/16/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

we don't allow seed-bank sponsors here to avoid all the legality issues of dealing with controlled substance distribution. if you search around though, we've had tons of discussions (and even an entire devoted subforum) for seedbanks, so you can easily find one that will work :smile:

I personally would recommend Dr. Chronic

--------------------

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316619 - 11/16/09 03:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for everything if you ever get into growing fungi let me know i got any strain you could want.  and i guess i will get back to reading and learning all the things this site has got. im just glad its set up is allot like the other one

Edited by feelfunny (11/16/09 03:25 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316620 - 11/16/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well then I'm gonna chime in and say that I recommend www.seedboutique.com (Harry, I'll see your recommendation and raise you a LINK!) :lol:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316622 - 11/16/09 03:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i love links takes so much footwork out for me.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316626 - 11/16/09 03:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

On the site, check out DJ Short's gear, along with ACE Seeds, Mandala Seeds, and Mr. Nice Seeds...they're all winners IMO

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316628 - 11/16/09 03:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: will do. mods are allot more helpful around here. we had to make a group called the feel family over at the other one cuz no one wants to help anymore just say read search and figure it out.

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316630 - 11/16/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hey you guys got RR over here this will help you know who im talking about

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316631 - 11/16/09 03:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

We're trying to keep this place friendly and informative.
We still tell people who ask "How do I grow weed?" :tard: to go read and figure it out, but if a question is fairly specific, everybody is here to help!
I was a Shroomery member for several years, and I have not been back there since the advent of the Growery...its chill, its fun, and there's a lot to learn here.

RR is more of a mycologist and he doesn't post here at all.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316778 - 11/16/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

if anyone is still keeping up with this. here is my fist choice just cuz i moved the shrooms and agar stuff out. 3 wide 3 deep and 4 high. not stuck with only this its just were i thought i would start. is it enough space to get started or should i get more room?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #316779 - 11/16/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the 3x3 is a good size for a personal crop without a doubt, but 4 feet high is a bit limiting. is there any chance that space could be expanded to maybe 5 or 6 feet tall?

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316780 - 11/16/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you could easily do a SOG or ScROG grow in that space!
I'd drop a 400W HID in there, make sure you can ventilate/cool the space, and make it light proof.
Very nice.

If you can increase the height, you don't even need to do the aforementioned training techniques, you can do a balls out grow.

Oh...and don't mix HID lighting and fireworks :lol:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316783 - 11/16/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK thanks for sticking around. I'm going to see what i can do about the height. and should i go with it open or build something to fit that has a door.

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316788 - 11/16/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

and my old plants with the HPS i would get around 2-3oz per plant. usually around 5 feet. in a space that small how much is average with the smaller lights and not as tall and wide plants? my wife and i do smoke regularly. right now we are going though an oz of BC every 2 weeks and that because we cant aford to spend 800 a month on bud. is this space enough if i get a clone room going to.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316792 - 11/16/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

it needs to allow no light in or out, so i think you need a door.

You'll need a separate space for a clone room, but you could just pick up a small grow tent and rig it with CFL's to veg the clones before putting them into flower under the HPS.

Yield is related to strain, growth conditions, growth medium, nutes, lighting, etc. It would be hard to say what your personal yield would be until we've nailed down the particulars of your grow.

But then again, that's what we're here for!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316799 - 11/16/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well thanks should have know that about the yield. i have had 3ft plants with just a 1/2oz on them. but back then didn't have the resources to find out why. well my head hurts at this point so i need to take a break. will be back tomorrow with a few more questions. 1 more thing, my HPS was way to big and hot to put in there, are they different now? are there some that would fit in some kind of cabinet that small.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316815 - 11/16/09 06:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you're using HID lighting, its still pretty hot, but we can help you vent and aircool it, and yes, there are definitely many that will fit in that space.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316833 - 11/16/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

man i cant thank you enough. i keep trying to get up and take a break but there is just so much. i have been going through the grow logs and i just cant stop.

OfflineTomCollins

#316835 - 11/16/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Azyle00 uses this thing called a cool tube. It's pretty neat - it apparently reduces heat a lot and it looks like its easy to rig vents up to it. He's got pictures of it on his log: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/303076

I've been thinking about buying one myself from a local store here. I asked him about it and he says it works really well and he recommends it.

So anyway, if your worried about heat and your working in small spaces, I rekon that thing will solve the problem quickly. :smile:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316836 - 11/16/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I know the feeling! I did SO much research before my grows, but I think people like us are sadly the exception, and not the rule.
Your efforts will be rewarded.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: TomCollins]
    #316841 - 11/16/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Azyle00 uses this thing called a cool tube. It's pretty neat - it apparently reduces heat a lot and it looks like its easy to rig vents up to it. He's got pictures of it on his log: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/303076

I've been thinking about buying one myself from a local store here. I asked him about it and he says it works really well and he recommends it.

So anyway, if your worried about heat and your working in small spaces, I rekon that thing will solve the problem quickly. :smile:

I've heard poor things about the cool tube reflectors regarding their reflection capabilities, I would think that a reflector with duct flanges would be superior if you kept the lens in to seal it up.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316844 - 11/16/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
We're trying to keep this place friendly and informative.
We still tell people who ask "How do I grow weed?" :tard: to go read and figure it out, but if a question is fairly specific, everybody is here to help!
I was a Shroomery member for several years, and I have not been back there since the advent of the Growery...its chill, its fun, and there's a lot to learn here.

RR is more of a mycologist and he doesn't post here at all.

sorry i missed this too. i mean is the a guy like RR here? like are there TC badges?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #316850 - 11/16/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Not yet. 
You'll get a feel for who knows what's up, and mods are usually trusted cultivators as well (not to toot my own horn).

As for there being somebody like RR here, I don't think there is ANYONE that can live up to those standards until we get a certified botanist with a degree in here! :grin:
But here's a tip: If Magash chimes in on an issue, he's about the closest you'll get to a degree in cannabinology...he's been growing since the 80's

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #316857 - 11/16/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea if seen him a few times, thanks for the heads up, and for now you can be my TC. dont worry i would fill you up with  :pm: 's

OfflineTomCollins

#316882 - 11/16/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
I've heard poor things about the cool tube reflectors regarding their reflection capabilities, I would think that a reflector with duct flanges would be superior if you kept the lens in to seal it up.

Oh shit! Sorry for the bad info feelfunny.

Yeah, I rekon it would be as well. I've read that the reflector comes in different sizes though. :shrug:

It's the only thing I can find around here that would allow me to hook up vents to my light and I've been planning to buy it, so that's the thing that came to mind when I saw this. :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: TomCollins]
    #316970 - 11/16/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Get one with a flat white reflector that is with one bend per side at about 30 degrees.  Do not get a circular or rounded one.  If you understand angles and light bending etc, you can get a general feel as to what a good reflector is for your situation.

It does cut down the heat a lot, but depends on what the air is temperature wise to cool it.  Such as mine, is Canadian attic air in winter.  This is quite cool.  In the summer, not the same.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: Azyle00]
    #317618 - 11/17/09 09:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK about this auto flower strains. never heard of these before. all i see is they don't grow much but it is just 1 long bud so would i be worth it if you did a few or is it still just better to do 2-3 medium plants in that space i showed in the pic?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #317646 - 11/18/09 02:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK, with 4 total feet means you have about 3 feet of grow space if the light is cooled. The thing about the auto flowering strains is you know they are going to fit into that space. Now with a normal strain it would be a lot easier to fit them into that space if they were starting from clone. The other thing is gonna be the strain that you choose. Some are gonna triple in size during the flowering stage and some will only put on a few inches. With the size of the space your gonna want to keep to the more indica strains. The auto flowering stains will also be easier cause of not having to fuck with the lighting.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: Magash]
    #317708 - 11/18/09 10:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i do plan on having a spot for the clones. my wife and i do smoke a good bit and would like to have a rotation going. and there are so many more strains to choose from than when i was last in to this and i don't know were to start. we kind of wanted a happy laughing strain and one to help us sleep. is there differences like that between all the new strains. and i can have more space if need be. the pic is just the first i thought of. i kind of half ass did this the first go around spent allot of time and money not much results so i want to get this right this time. last time i still had to deal with fucking drug dealers and there shit.this was the last grow outside but i could never get the yield i wanted from inside. nore were the buds as dense as i would like. I'm sure some comes with practice but i fear I'm missing allot of knowledge too.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#317740 - 11/18/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

We are all missing lots of knowledge that comes from experience and research...constantly.

I highly recommend for your situation an Automatic strain I am growing called Early Wonder Skunk from Solar Warrior available from Vancouver Seed Bank (no idea if they sell USA or your location).  This plant will grow very robust and about 36" maximum height at harvest, you can LST a bit to control it.  It has great reviews as far as the quality of the smoke etc...do some google and you will see...it was #2 in "The Contest".  I am growing it now and cannot believe how well it is growing indoors for me.  Seems to thrive just fine in a soil mixture I like to use and all organic feed.

You will be looking at a 20-25 day Veg period from seed.  Gets to about 8" then starts to preflower/show sex.  Supposed to be into full blown flowering by day 30-35 and 12" to 18", finishing in a total time of 90 days, seed to harvest and 24" to 36" height if untrained/no-LST etc.  If I had no choice and had the time, I would run the first crop for seeds, making a serious supply of seeds, then run staggered crops, ensuring constant supply.

Other automatic strains get mixed results, some hate them, some love them etc.  But EWS, you will not find much negative about this plant.  And as Magash said, you do not have to mess with lighting, meaning you can run perpetual crops constantly as some can be flowering, others vegging etc.  Seed supply is the biggest problem.

And autoflower is typically one massive cola, but you can train them early if you want and result in multiple Colas if you know what to do etc...especially this EWS.  My auto Blueberry/ak47 flowered so fast, I had no time to train them, so let them just grow up straight but they have a maximum height at harvest of 18", so not a whole lot of reason to train them.  One of them is 9 inch now and is one massive bud already from top to bottom of the plant...juicy yum yum.  Makes me drool.

We are so enthused about EWS now, that we have a seperate small grow room in another house specifically for creating seeds/pollen so we can run perpetual crops in my main grow room on a constant 18/6.

As far as the difference between strains...absolutely.  There is certainly different buzzes created by different strains and you can find one tailored to what you and your wife are interested in.

--------------------

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Current Grow Journal

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #317778 - 11/18/09 01:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

can they be cloned? that doesn't sound like a bad idea seeing as i wouldn't need a veg and flower room. how is the yield average since the size of the plant is usually a constant.  is this it?http://www.vancouverseedbank.com/ cant find any happy seeds there. sadly i am in the US:sad:. and about the lights since they are not so big i assume that even a CFL would be able to get around all the leaves as well as a HPS? my wife is kind of on the fence about a 60-80$ increase in our power bill every month.

Edited by feelfunny (11/18/09 02:42 PM)

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#317913 - 11/18/09 03:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well I run a 1000 watt HPS 18/6 as well as a 150 watt Flo setup, along with two inline fans and oscillating fan and my power bill went up about $40.  I pay .066 per kwh.  I also got into the practice of being energy efficient in everything else, computer, xbox, ps3, guitar amp, effects board, stereo ALL off when not being used, prior to installing my grow, I used to care less...lol.  Also changed ALL light bulbs in entire house to CFLs.  When you work out the cost per plant and compare this cost to having to BUY weed from "drug dealers" or even "dispensers", I am afraid your homegrown costs are incredibly cheap.  Even with 12 plant setup, 3 month cycle, 4 crops a year and each plant producing 1 ounce of bud each (estimate is low as tek and strains vary, so lets be ultra conservative), so my setup I estimate 48 ounces per year.  Invested less than $1000 for equipment initially and figured I have a rough cost of $30 per plant (hydro, seed, nutes, soil, etc).  So 48 X $30 = $1440 yearly plant/maintenance cost + $1000 startup cost, even at a first year total cost of $2500, ends up being $50 per ounce roughly...umm that is dirt cheap bud for what we pay an ounce in my area ($200 per ounce is standard).

And consider I fully expect to triple that production scale and the initial investment won't be repeated in following years.

Now you can do your own calcs and math based on your own situation, but I would begin with calculating how much you currently spend each year on buds, then calc setup cost and running costs and see what makes sense.  Expect a learning curve and some failure rate, but by being a part of this community, you sure can get a lot of help and knowledge from other growers here.

You can clone automatic plants BUT...they will flower based on the genetic code of the parent, IE: at the same time.  So you end up weakening the main plant for a clone that will be a runt compared to other plants, you cannot delay it from flowering.  So cloning of automatic plants is generally thought of as a waste of a plant.  I have several experiments I want to conduct however with cloning automatic plants in order to see if there can be a way to increase yield under certain conditions, massive SOG with goal of short singular top cola from as many clones as can be crammed into a small space...but these are just theories and experimental ideas.  So unless you breed seeds or have a good source, you are stuck buying them at the $6-$10 per seed cost.  If only there was an automatic plant that triggered flowering based on total length or the main stalk or number of nodes etc.

You can do a perpetual clone system without a mother.  Just take clones from the last cycle grown when they are about 3 weeks old.  Keep this going every 3 weeks.  Flowering room will get crowded based on number of plants, eventually you have 4 cycles always growing, late flowering, mid flowering, early flowering....and clones.

If you are stuck with a smaller space and limited to only 1 grow area, then I highly suggest finding a source of EWS seeds, plant 10 knowing full well you are doing this to get 4-6 females, keeping 4, doing LST and growing tight, start next crop 3 weeks before harvest of first etc.  With a decent light, even 250 HPS, can yield 1 ounce per plant.  Hydro cost on a 250 watt light will be miniscule.  I would jump it to 400 watt though, ensuring you get that 1 ounce per plant+++ level with proper growing.

Vancouver Seed Bank url is correct, they sell EWS by Solar Warrior.  Doubt they ship to USA though.  Not sure how USA get seeds.  Order from Cali maybe?

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #341362 - 01/05/10 10:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

OK well i have done my reading and ready to get started but my wife and i are stuck on the lights. i have always been a HPS fan but she said things have changed allot in the last 10 years from when i did this inside last. she said i need to go with something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-TRIBAND-UFO-GROW-LIGHT-90-watt-400-600-w-HPS-MH-90w_W0QQitemZ390134121761QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad5ce4521. is this really as good as a HPS or is this hype? i just don't have much space with a 11 year old around and want to make it worth the time if I'm going to do this. is there a way to get the dense buds i want without the HPS or a way i can get one to fit in the little space i have?

Edited by feelfunny (01/05/10 10:52 PM)

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #341433 - 01/06/10 03:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Right now I think the consensus is that LEDs are still mostly hype. HPS lights are available in many different sizes ranging from 70 to 1000 watts. I think I've even seen a 50 watt HPS grow on icmag.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341436 - 01/06/10 03:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

LED's don't compare to HID lights.  Go with an HPS, if space is small just go with a 250 watt or 400 watt.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #341479 - 01/06/10 10:24 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: listen to them!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #341660 - 01/06/10 05:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

thanks well that settled that. she has made an account her self to find out the few things she wants to know for her self so she will let us finally get started again. thanks to all yall so far and i will keep using this thread for any more questions till we get ready for our first grow log, if it even ends up being worth showing.

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #345795 - 01/11/10 05:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

so is that the problem with this? is it LED? this is what i don't want. the guy i get this from is a grower but he  wants way to much for this spindly stuff. he has a whole room for it and it looks like a bunch or sticks and leave and the buds never fill in right. like this doesn't even weigh a gram, it just seems to be leaves and hairs

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #345838 - 01/11/10 06:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

usually the two main causes of low bud density is poor air circulation (both inside the grow area, and air exchange with outside) and not enough light.

usually when I get those two right my buds come out fat :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #345901 - 01/11/10 07:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

OK well i guess I'm out of questions and ready to go, other than my wife is tripping about the smell. when we used to grow inside years ago every one that came over could smell it. it was in a closet at the other end of the house and wasn't a big deal but now with a 12 year old running around its not a good idea. how do people deal with this especially when its just in a cabinet? just have no one over? it seems like the fan in and blowing out would carry the smell every were.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #346008 - 01/11/10 09:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't allow very many people into my house.  I have to have known you for a LONG time to be invited over.  But I vent out of my chimney, so you can't really smell anything anyways. 

When I was growing in just a bedroom I would vent into the attic.  When you walked into the house there was absolutely no smell at all, and I was running 2 1000 watt lights with 12 plants in there.  Just attach a carbon scrubber to your exhaust and you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: HI with a little help please [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #346381 - 01/12/10 03:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

so what your saying is it can be fixed but not cheaply. i should have payed more attention in wood working class:rofl2:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #346641 - 01/12/10 07:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Not at all, do a search on home made carbon filters.  Sure it will incur some cost to get it right, but well worth it and a small price to pay compared to jail or your kid being taken away.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds