Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedodeski
Stranger
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: tumebadger]
    #335127 - 12/22/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tumebadger said:

i don't like hash from bubble bags cause it always seems to be real crumbly and crap for quality in comparison to the iso hash.

please help me out with this if u could...

i Found an old tech vid about placing your dry crumbly hash in a cellophane like a platic ciggarette sleave rolling it up real tight with the hash iside taping it closed

then wrapping it in a couple pieces of printer paper then holding it under warm water untill the paper is fully saturated place in in the oven @ 175F for 45 minutes when you pull it out give it a quick firm roll with a pin or glass(not too hard or you will be scaping goo off the counter).

you can cool it in the fridge or freezer, after about 15 minutes of cooling unwrap the paper peel off the plastic and vuala you have a nice hunk o hash

I have done this several times with my bubble especialy the 75 micron which tends to dry out and crumble more then the 25 and i belive it brings out a better flavour while cutting back on the harshness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: Inverted]
    #632990 - 07/28/12 11:58 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Ummm sure no problem.

I mash the trim with my fingers until its basically ground, but powdered can leak plant matter into the final product.

Put the pulverized trim into a mason jar, freeze for 4 hours.

Also put the iso in the freezer for the same duration.

When its all frozen you quickly pour just enough alcohol to cover the entire mixture (mix it up until it has soaked in as fast as you can, but gently!) and ONLY gently mix/swirl everything for 20 seconds... no more because this is where most of the chlorophyll finds its way in. 

Quickly put the contents through a wire mesh strainer to get the main large chunks out... DO NOT SQUEEZE REMAINING PRODUCT!  It will force chlorophyll into the solution and it's not worth the extra yield.

Once again this has got to be fast paced so you want everything ready to go before you start.  Take the almost filtered solution and place a coffee filter in your mesh screen (make sure nothing is left in the screen) and quickly get those contents into the coffee filter.

It won't quickly run through the filter, so I give it a little help with a squeeze, but be careful not to squeeze the ball of plant matter left in the filter, as more chlorophyll can leak in that way.

So now you should have a yellow/amber colored solution that is translucent.  You want to put it into a glass container that you think will be easiest to scrape.  I choose little glass dishes, and only do smaller amounts at a time so it evaps faster.  I double boil the alcohol away to be left with what almost looks like tar heroin in the bottom of the dish, it takes me a couple hours to evap.  With the dish still freshly warm I cut up a credit card to match curvature of the dish and scrape away.  It hardens fast when cooled and is ready to smoke!

If you need me to clarify anything further just let me know, and i'll explain further.  Good Luck

I need to save this thread. :yesnod: Good info Inverted as always. Trying the Iso Alcohol extraction right now, hope I do it right.

Thanks again Invert, your knowledge is invaluable.

~ TrueHC

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #633051 - 07/28/12 05:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Inverted got caught scamming other members of the site. He's been gone for two years.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom