Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: Frizzleman first Aeroponics Journal [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #389878 - 03/25/10 12:26 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

yeah that is what I was the info I was looking for....

check out the td125 harry tell me what you think....it is supposedly the quietest one they make and ive heard good things

--------------------
Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Frizzleman first Aeroponics Journal [Re: Frizzleman]
    #389879 - 03/25/10 12:29 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

still the wrong kind of fan :shrug:

click the links I gave you and compare how those fans look to the one you're talking about

http://www.fjevans.com/TD-125-5-Inline-Mixed-Flow-Duct-Fan-197-CFM-Soler-&-Palau-S&P-.2.2979.html

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#389881 - 03/25/10 12:31 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

yeah I see what you are saying......

I dont know im just saying because I saw some good grower reviews for it, that link you just posted is just the internal, here is a link to the exact one im looking at.

http://www.bathfans.com/soler-and-palau-td-125-5-125mm-inline-mixed-flow-duct-fan/p934767

I need it to be quiet which is why I was looking at this one. Why wouldnt it work?

--------------------

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #389882 - 03/25/10 12:35 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

they're completely useless with negative or positive pressure. they work fine just on their own but as soon as you get a turn in your ducting or a filter (basically anything that causes drag) that fan will be basically useless.

How much light are you trying to cool?

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#389883 - 03/25/10 12:37 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

just my 400 watter.....

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #389888 - 03/25/10 12:54 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

I bet you COULD get away with it.  Hell my temps are in the 70's with my 150 and I'm just using a PC fan, although it is rated to 133cfm and says something about static pressure but most of it is in some asian language :shrug:

If you need to use a decent carbon filter, you are not going to get much cooling out of it.  If you put a filter on it you can probably assume the CFM will drop to like 20-40, they just arent meant to have any drag, and usually just boost the airflow on a long duct run that has lost velocity from the main fan source.  For that price though, you can get a nice inline fan that runs 250-400 CFM.  :thumbup:  I really don't know how loud they run though.  If you need something sorta quiet I would recommend the Dayton 6" axial fan, it is 235 CFM, and sports some good static pressure resistance.  They were going for $30-50 at my local hydro shop.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: Frizzleman first Aeroponics Journal [Re: Inverted]
    #389890 - 03/25/10 01:00 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

thanks for the advice. Im running a pretty small area I cant imagine needeing all that much cfm.....

what do you think about this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-INCH-HYDROPONIC-190CFM-INLINE-EXHAUST-VENT-FAN-BLOWER_W0QQitemZ290407643998QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439da4fb5e

I hear they push a shit load of air and I feel ill have to build an insulator box for this one. I cant imagine needing any more cfm then this...

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#389934 - 03/25/10 02:17 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

There ya go, looks about perfect, and like you said, if it is too loud, you can build a muffler, especially if you are into DIY.  That is what I would do personally.

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#389941 - 03/25/10 02:26 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Ok thanks a lot man...

ill buy that one instead and just build the box....hopefully this will eliminate my heat stress problems and give me a nicer yield the next go around. Also I set up another closet and am doing some MK and northern lights so it should be sweet. Will be starting that one in a few weeks

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#389942 - 03/25/10 02:29 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah you will definitely solve your heat stress problems if you utilize that fan correctly!  :thumbup:

I'm excited to follow another one of your journals.  :popcorn:

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#402703 - 04/16/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen (looks to be mostly gentlemen lol)

Here is my concluding update. When all was accounted for I wound up with about 4.5 ounces which was not my target. Here is why I did not meet my goal.

*Heat Stress
*Poor Root Water Coverage
*No Supplementary Light

I bought a really nice Vortec fan that is now keeping my temperature nice and steady at about 75-80 degrees so the head issue should be gone for the next grow. I also noticed that the roots actually grew into the holes that were supposed to be spraying them thus ruining some of the sprayers. This is obviously not a good thing so my solution was instead of having the sprayers at the bottom I ran some hose to the tops of the railing and drilled holes to have 2 sprayers for each cup. I am having a shit load more water flow and I think this will ultimately increase my yield greatly. I added some T5 Supplementary lighting this time to help along the growth of the buds, I will buy high output bulbs during flowering. I have a bit more room now also since the fan and the filter are in another room that I ran insulated ducting to. Pleas see the pictures for some results and improvements.

As you can see I started a seedling which is Northern Lights, I am going to make this into a mother and just build a cloner, I am going to take clones for this closet and another smaller closet that I have already bought equipment for and my second journal will begin then so I would say another few weeks.

My thanks to everybody for their advice and please be sure to join me with my next journal once I get it up and running.

~~Frizz

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#402705 - 04/16/10 12:27 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Forgot to add the smoke report.

The bud came out to be pretty fluffy in the end and I assume this is because of the heat in the room. I would say it hit high 80s and mid 90s.

The taste is very strong, I would say its like smoking some kind of pepper, not harsh but strong.

The smell is still pretty green, individually they dont smell all that strong which I have never really experienced, maybe its just because of the strain, the buds are nice and frothy and one or two hits is enough to kick my ass.

The high is really nice also, its a head high so it gives you a nice amount of energy opposed to the body high strains. All in all I would say that it is a very nice plant and I think once I really hone in on an aero system it will become one of my favorites.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #402721 - 04/16/10 12:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

How much did you end up yielding? did you hit your goal?

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#402728 - 04/16/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

nope, I posted it...4.5 oz

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #402729 - 04/16/10 01:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow I'm surprised. Definitely the heat issue, nugs that size should have yielded far more than that but high temps definitely lead to fluffy nuggets

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#402743 - 04/16/10 01:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I figured that was the problem.....DAMNIT lol but I got a kick ass fan now which will take care of that. Its pretty much heats worst nightmare lol

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#409561 - 04/30/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Guys please join me on my second journal, link is in my signature....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies