Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: Frizzleman first Aeroponics Journal [Re: Frizzleman]
    #338488 - 01/01/10 01:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hello my friends. Can somebody tell me what they feel the best PPM would be? Or what you have experienced the best would be.......Here are some pics also, please comment

--------------------
Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #338490 - 01/01/10 01:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't venture too far above 1200 unless you're sure your plants are heavy feeders.  From the looks of it I'd say your plants are ready to be fed per the "heavy feeding" instructions on your bottle(s).

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: Frizzleman first Aeroponics Journal [Re: coda]
    #340104 - 01/04/10 04:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I am a bit worried that water is not getting to all of the roots, Is the water level supposed to be right below the pots? I just raised it a bit now, before I was just letting it flow right out.

--------------------

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #340893 - 01/05/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not really sure to be honest, but I would say that your plants look absolutely amazing, so you probably shouldn't really be worrying

--------------------

Offlinesnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

Re: Frizzleman first Aeroponics Journal [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #341085 - 01/05/10 06:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sweet jumping jebus on a pogo stick those look nice.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Frizzleman first Aeroponics Journal [Re: snaggletooth]
    #341384 - 01/06/10 12:00 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

obscured by clouds said:
Sweet jumping jebus on a pogo stick those look nice.

This.

And flower those things man!  they are going to get MASSIVE!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: Frizzleman first Aeroponics Journal [Re: Inverted]
    #341450 - 01/06/10 07:36 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Do you think its time to start flowering? How much more will they grow while they are flowering? Its an 8 week flowering time for these babies.

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#341486 - 01/06/10 11:04 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Also what about pruning? Should I prune all of the bottoms so I could get some nice tops?

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341489 - 01/06/10 11:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

those will at least double in size while flowering, but likely a bit more.

rather than pruning the bottoms I would try to direct the branches to grow outward so that they get full light and produce healthy nugs. you still have some space between your plants which to me translates as lost light.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341495 - 01/06/10 11:25 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

and I also had another question for you. I've been heavily considering building an aero system for my next grow. I'm a huge fucking nerd so it just kinda makes sense to build something state of the art and nifty like this. my hobbies are always pretty weird :lol:

anyhow, what's the advantage of growing your plants in the tubes and draining the solution into a resevoir vs a system like this one where the plants entire roots dangle in the solution?

Also, how often do you read your TDS/pH with this system?  I've pretty much got it down as far as concerns in solid medium are concerned so aeroponic is naturally very interesting, but I don't want to be investing a couple hundred dollars on meters of various kinds...

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#341524 - 01/06/10 11:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I dont see the video right now because im at work, however I found that when I made the water deeper my plants got droopy, they didnt like the deeper water. Also I believe the main reason aero is better is because of the aeration the roots receive. The misters super oxygenate the water and as you can see they like them. I bought a ph and a tds meter and I check everyday, they ran me 20 bucks each but they arent really that good.

On my babies I really want to get about 1 oz off of each of them to make this whole thing worth while, so I want to let them get a bit bigger unless you think im safe to go ahead and flower now. ill have the tops trained to fill in all the holes.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341527 - 01/06/10 12:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would be STUNNED if you got less than an ounce from each of those. you'll be fine letting them get a bit bigger, but I had a plant my last round about twice the size of those and it yielded 6+ ounces on the one plant.

In the video she just had a rubbermaid tub with aeroponic misters, but instead of draining to a separate reservoir all the nutes are contained at the bottom of the tub and just pumped up to the misters via PVC.

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#341539 - 01/06/10 12:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

one z is all I care about, and what you describe sounds like a cloner....or a big ass cloner lol......im thinking that if the pump is inside it will destroy roots after they get to be long. Or if the res and root chamber are seperated im thinking the roots may have limited space, or the plants may have limited space.....

I just like my setup lol its easy to customize....

Im going to let these guys go for about another week and then ill start to flower

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341544 - 01/06/10 01:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you're exactly right. I was just thinking of building a huge cloner and then growing the plants in it for their entire lives.
you make some good points about how it could go wrong though.... I never even though about roots getting caught in the pump.

I'm just basically looking for some sort of automated watering system so that I can leave town and still have my plants be fine without relying on my retarded roommates to feed my babies. I figure if i'm investing in a pump already for an ebb and flow or drip system why not invest in a little extra to go aero?

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#341547 - 01/06/10 01:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the real cost is the light and the pump, everything else is really cheap, the pvc was like a 3 dollars and the tubes were like 7 each....

I had an ez cloner and the clones roots actually got sucked into the pump because of how long they got.....I change this res every week or so and I constantly need to put more water in, it gets down to the pump level about every 3-5 days. They drink a lot so you should still have somebody keep an eye out.

Mine already smell so god damn good I can not wait for the final product. And I WISH I had the room to do a 50-100 site system.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341571 - 01/06/10 01:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well I've already got two 600W with air cooled hoods so I'm set as far as the room goes, I'm just trying to figure out a more efficient way to do things. I'm sick of mixing up 4 gallons of nutrients every single day and hand watering 5-gallon hempy buckets. I'll still need someone to look after them and change the res once a week but that's way easier than telling my roommates how to mix up all those nutes every day etc etc.

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#341591 - 01/06/10 02:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree! I did a 50 plant grow once in soil and it was such a huge pain in the ass man. I would love to get this sucker going with 50. I read a log that a guy got 3lbs and he said he would have gotten 5 if he did something different....dont really remember. But that is damn good

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341596 - 01/06/10 02:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

fucking rad. sorry to hijack your thread so hardcore but you're a very helpful man.

expect numerous pm's in the future :lol: I'm thinking about heading to Home Depot today and building myself a little trial cloner in one of those 5-gallon orange buckets

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#341604 - 01/06/10 02:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yea sounds good, And please post as much as you want, I want an active thread.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #343582 - 01/08/10 07:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

so I was just reading somewhere that you have to flower plants right from clone with an aero system to prevent the roots from clogging the drain towards the end of flowering. have you grown with this style setup before? if so, have you noticed this as an issue?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies