Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejellyfish

Guano
    #308004 - 11/01/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So I'm growing in soil like I always have, indoors under a crappy little 250 w HPS. I've seen amazing results with my friend who used bat guano on an outside grow so I bought myself a bag (for 35 bucks something better happen). I'm just wondering how I should use it. My plants are already in giant pots they need no more soil or transplanting and are already flowering so I can't just add it to the soil. I've been told to make tea but I really don't know about the amounts. I don't want to use too little and have them finish flowering without any benefit from the guano but I definitely don't want to burn the plants (not sure how easy it is to do this, it's my first time not using inorganic nutes). Thanks for the help. I love you all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Guano [Re: jellyfish]
    #308010 - 11/01/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've had good results with 1 tablespoon per gallon

I think the NPK ration is 3:8:1 - Don't hold me to that though

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: Guano [Re: mhbound]
    #308018 - 11/01/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

1/4 of the recomended dosage usually is a safe bet, then observe for a few days.  Better to add too little than too much.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Offlinejellyfish

Re: Guano [Re: Azyle00]
    #308019 - 11/01/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow such fast replies. The bag says 0.1-2% N and 26% phosphoric acid. One table spoon per gallon it is! How long should I wait until I give them a second dose. Thanks a lot guys.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #308020 - 11/01/09 09:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Put 2 cups of high-nitrogen bat or seabird guano (found at your local garden center or nursery) in the corner of a cloth bag, old pillowcases are perfect. Tie it in a knot around a stick and suspend it in a 5-gallon bucket of fresh (preferably distilled) water. It is now like a tea bag. Just shake the tea bag around several times a day. It should emit a dark secretion from the bag. After 2 days the water should be pretty dark. Take out the tea bag and dispose of it, or rinse it out to be reused. Use this dark water at a rate of 1-2 cups per gallon of fresh water and mix it up. This will give you a "tea" to water your plants with. Use it to water once, and then wait a few days to see if your plants like it.
You can use this high Nitrogen tea whenever your plants tell you they need it (yellowing leaves).

To make a bloom tea, use the same steps but replace the high-nitrogen guano with high-phosphorous guano.

To use these teas most effectively, start with my organic soil mix at the beginning of your grow. It will provide the essential nutrients for a long time before your girls tell you they need something, by showing symptoms of deficiency. You can also use either tea more frequently, according to the growth rate of your plants, to greatly increase growth rate and flowering.

That is a recipe I have used and would recommend this as your first attempt with guano...And then you can make your own version if you desire.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #308028 - 11/01/09 10:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Just so ya know if it's real bat guano and I'm sure it is, it won't burn your plants.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag