Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil
    #304545 - 10/27/09 01:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What's happenin guys...

I'm comin from the Shroomery, and have produced some very respectable Cubes in my day... So, let me say this will probably evolve quite a bit, as currently I have limited supplies and funds, but I've already got the grow bug bad.

Here's where I'm at now though:

Genetics: Bagseed, different bags collected for a while.

Medium: Soil(less)
            - 1 part coir
            - 2 parts peat
            - 2 parts perlite
            - 1/4 tsp lime
            - 5 drops Superthrive

Light: CFL, 24/0; 2X 27w @ 1600 lumens per; 1X 23w @ ? lumens; all 6500K
            Planned:  Those might work for veg, might need a little more.
                      Flower will likely be 3X65w @ 3600 lumens each; 2700K

Environment: 75F 40-60% humidity, open area

7 seeds on moist paper towel germ method
1 germed quickly
3 the next day

All transferred to soil on 10/22

Plants were never watered and repotted on 10/27

These are my plans for the cabinet I will be using as soon as possible:

^^^ It's half done 

I'm not sure about ventilation or lightproofing yet... Or how I'll mount the lights etc. But I'm a carpenter by trade and pretty handy, so I'll just have to look at it first.

Thanks for any interest guys... And happy grows

~Dude

Forgot to mention my general plans...

I hope to get these to a stage from which I'll take clones for flowering to determine sex... I'd like to set up a small perpetual SOG much like This Guy ... If I can do 1/3 as well as him, I'll be happy.

I'd also like to maybe try a little LST and see how that works... I think this will depend on my genetics, whether I want to get like 3 colas off of 3 plants, or go for one or two LST'd plants... Really I think I just want to fuck around with the training, though it might not be the most apprpriate for my plans... we'll see

Oh yeah, and I buried about an inch of stem on all of those with the repot... My girlfriend warned me about stem-rot, but you guys say it promotes root growth, which she also says is BS... so, that'd be nice to clear up...

Here's what they look like today (10-27):                          11/02                        11/24

The general grow area:

The most impressive one (10/27):                              ***10/28***                        11/02

Thanks guys

Edited by DudeTron (11/24/09 09:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil [Re: DudeTron]
    #304562 - 10/27/09 02:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

As long as the soil around the stem isn't saturated with water it'll promote roots.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil [Re: Snurry]
    #304565 - 10/27/09 02:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Cool... that fan actually tends to dry out the top of the soil fairly quickly... Is that a problem or good for the stem situation?

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #304583 - 10/27/09 06:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's fine. If it's too dry it'll show signs and you can just water it.

It's looking great in the last pics. Do you have any recent ones?

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil [Re: Snurry]
    #305298 - 10/28/09 05:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just a little 24 hour update...  (Added a little side by side in the OP to show 24 hr. growth...)

My biggest buddy:

The 3 of em:

I actually think the one on the right in this pic is the healthiest... Her leaves are the thickest, and she has the best color of them all too.  I think the genetics seem to differ quite a bit already too, which is pretty exciting... The one on the left has more Sativa-esque leaves already.  lol maybe I'm jumping the gun a little though too...

They'll all go in my new box eventually...

Still gotta put in a shelf in the middle, caulk and paint, and build the doors... It'll be about another 40 dollar trip to the hardware store though... sigh, at least my girlfriend is on board. I caught her looking at threads like This, 70w CFL in 1sq ft.

Edited by DudeTron (10/28/09 05:49 AM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #305611 - 10/28/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome!

Way to go dude.

A lot of people here prefer this place over the Shroomery.  You'll soon see why.

Great vibes among this community.

We have almost the EXACT same grow journal.  I should just copy/paste your's into mine! LOL 

No seriously though, I have almost the exact same size box.  I just finished working on it this afternoon.

I germinated the same # of seeds. (even germed the same as yours... this is getting creepy!)

Using a very similar medium.

The only difference i've noticed thus far would be the fact that i'm using a 175w MH and supplementing with 2 -3 CFL's.

I can't wait to follow along with this because I'm getting ready to transplant the seeds into the soil later on tonight.

:happyweed:

:bongload:

I just gotta install the door.  And yes I was so broke that I used cardboard as the walls... whatever it serves its purpose just fine.  I painted it white to seal it and make the box reflect.  Although my box is a single changer.  I would love to make a perpetual grow but cannot at this time.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Edited by Inverted (10/28/09 04:52 PM)

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil [Re: Inverted]
    #305767 - 10/28/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Badass dude!

Grow off! hehe

Glad to hear someone getting excited about some of what I got going on.. was starting to think my shit was bunk or something.

Nice you got an HID... Are you gonna use that veg through flower?

I'm really lookin into getting a cheap security light HPS or something... really keeping an eye on craigslist deals too... If I wanted to spend 100 bucks I could get one of like three different full 400w HPS setups around town used.

Man, cardboard was a good call if you ask me... Not only did the sheet of ply cost 10 bucks (and I need another) but if you got sketched or something you could just fold it all up in a hurry.. My shit is really stout, it weighs like 40-60 pounds.

How do you plan to vent your box?

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #309317 - 11/03/09 06:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Alright.. So just a little update.

These guys finally got a little nutrients cause I felt like they were starting to lose some color.

They got watered with half strength shultz 10/15/10
                          and half strength superthrive

The littlest one was really not growing, falling behind, and had some really curly leaf unhappy type shit going on... After the nute bath he has finally decided to start growing again and looks better today, just 24hrs after these pics:

Sorry the pics suck but I didn't have enough battery life to get more than the two so I couldn't make it a proper photo-op for the ladies...

I finally pulled that little pot with the dead seed too.... lol the taproot was all crusty and dead and dry... it was sad...

The cab is kinda on hold now that I know there's no way around it costing a good 2-300 bucks to really make it happen...

The plan is though to just go ahead and continue vegging these chicks until I can take some clones and sex them that way.... It'll buy me a little time too while setting up my cab...

Thanks and good luck with all you guys' grows!

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #320946 - 11/24/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So, a pretty long while since an update... But here they are:   

The largest one I'm calling a male... I couldn't get decent pics of him but the top 3 nodes show preflowers... the lower two show a single ovoid shaped growth on a stalk, and the top nodes shows a "cluster" of them....

As I've read plenty of, "But it's my best growing, fastest, most beautiful plant!" 

Damn studs

I may keep him around anyway... not sure yet as I've only been looking at sex for 3 or 4 days...

The large male has had the fan leaves of its lower 4 nodes fall off due to nute deficiency.... Not that I'm using too little, I'm just sure my PH is fucked up...

The other two are actually healthier though...  They both show similar nute issues but to a lesser degree.... the one not being LST'd almost seems like it could use more nutes, but it's received the most aggressive dosages.

I stopped "Submersion" watering them, and just last watering decided to top water... Any experiments to help them out.

THe little one again is being LST'd... For the hell of it... It's been about 3 days tied up.

Thanks guys and good grows!

Offlineclosetgrower
Student

#321085 - 11/24/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think those plants are probably root bound. It wouldnt hurt to repot them.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil [Re: closetgrower]
    #321388 - 11/25/09 08:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same... I mean the side by side between the 6" pot and the 4" pots is kinda the moral of the story, aggressive plant and maleness aside...

They 4"ers are holding water for a good 4-5 days, but I'll probably transfer to 2 liters or something...

Thanks guys

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #321424 - 11/25/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think you're going to rapidly find that 22" is WAY too short for a good veg space, and that flowering in 22" is completely impossible.

I would suggest using the entire box as your flowering area or you're going to run into some serious problems

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #321435 - 11/25/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah man.. I'm thinking the exact same thing.

Actually seeing them grow is different you know?

I probably wont even go SOG anymore, and instead have a couple decent bushes to take care of... MAYBE I'll try to get a staggered harvest once or twice a month of something...

Thanks for stoppin by too man

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #329249 - 12/10/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, so this log sucks....  I got some pics I may as well throw in here though.

Shit might also get a little more interesting as I'll be coming into some grow funds before the end of the year and my setup is pretty well hashed out....

The gang

This one's definitely a female... Hard to tell with all the training going on right now though

I'm going to let her stretch out a little at the next watering and retie.

I'm pretty sure my other is a girl too, though the calyx's aren't very prominent yet.

And, last but not least....

lol...
This guy's keeping my unfinished cab warm... and he's definitely testing the vertical limits of it.  Fuckin tight ass nodes.  I'm gonna collect some pollen and chop him, let my girl tincture him.

I guess that'll do for now... It should get a LITTLE more interesting from here out...

Grow on dudes...

~DT

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#329483 - 12/10/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Tight nodes... LOL!

Nice box!  Almost exactly the same size as mine.

You are showing strong signs of Nitrogen Deficiency and seem to be having PH issues as well.  Get some Aquarium Test Strips and get that under control.  You will see faster growing, healthier plants in general.  Give them a good feeding or two, as you look to be much behind in the nutrient department.

Otherwise nice job and i'll be with it to the end.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #329772 - 12/11/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

lol yeah man, the nodes on that male are definitely not tight :lol:

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #330224 - 12/12/09 09:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Man, I have to move my light everyday with that guy... He's been stretching for almost two weeks I think...  Started out on top of that paintcan and now I'm almost out of lamp cord....I just want a little pollen just in case ya know?  I can't see throwing away genetics. 

Got a pack of super cheapy watercolor brushes so i can just store up a bunch of single use pollen-dabbers...

It's a silly project though... I'll be excited to chop him down and get to improving the cab this weekend.  Pickin up the 250 hps sunday... 40 bucks guys, ballast and bulb.... I'm tellin ya, Craigslist is where it's at... At least all over the west coast there's everything from full cab setups to single bulbs for cheap.

Anyway, have a badass weekend fellas.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#330980 - 12/13/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You can get rid of it now!  Just take all of the pollen sacks off, put them in a ziplock baggy and put it in the freezer.  When you are ready to use it, pull the bag out and smash up the the sacks inside the bag and use it just like that.  There should be PLENTY of viable pollen in there.  I mean amounts not visible to the eye can easily pollinate a female, it really barely takes any.  Free up that space so you can use that box.  It's exactly the same size as my setup... funny, and also awesome!

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: First grow: Bagseed,CFL,Soil [Re: Inverted]
    #331079 - 12/13/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I noticed when the very first sack opened up which was this weekend.  I just pinched it to hang over a piece of acrylic which I'm shaking the pollen onto... I've got quite a bit of it already and I'm thinkin it's coming down tonight so that I can get a temperature test on this bad boy:

The lamp is a GE Lucalox which is lookin pretty nice according to These Specs... Though I think I could get one for 1/4 the price as that.

Pretty stoked about it... the ballast is fucking heavy (like ~35lbs.), but it looks well built and dude I bought it from said it really doesn't get that hot.  I still think I'd like to try to remote ballast it if for no other reason than cleaning up the footprint of the light in my box.

Also, I went ahead and scored a PH dropper test and a big ass bag of FFoF.... Both plants got repotted in a little less than a gallon of FFoF a piece.  Also installed a couple reflectors for my 27w CFLs.

I'm hoping this takes care of my PH issues... my tap water is a little under 7.0, but I couldn't figure out how to test my soil... I think I can trust fox farms enough to keep it under control for a couple weeks though.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #334368 - 12/21/09 05:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Okay...

So that taller plant turned out male... damn...  Nothing too fancy this time, just chopped it off at about the third node and as an experiment I'm going to see if the lower branches survive... I just repotted it dammit.

The girl's doing good though I think.  The FFoF was a little rich for her and after a little burn and root stretch time, she's starting to pick up the pace quite a bit.  This girl is 8 weeks old and I don't know if it's all the training, or cause she was always the runt, but she seems way behind schedule.  Could just need more light...

On to the pics:

She's the lone survivor guys... If she'll let me, I'll veg her into a monster and throw that bitch in the flower cab all on her lonesome..

Actually, I almost forgot... I could use some advice on cloning.  Can you guys tell me which branch would be most suitable?  If I should even clone yet?  I have rooting hormone, but an old grow buddy of mine said I can even just use soil to clone.  Makes sense we do it with our houseplants all the time and weed is fucking vigorous.. What do you guys think?

Cab is coming right along too.  On a test run temps maxed out at 96F and that sativa looking male I just chopped loved it.  Grew more in that 24 hours then it's last 5 days under cfls.  Really stretched for it and loved it.  However, I went ahead and made my setup remote ballast today, and I'm almost definitely going to buy a 6" 425CFM value centrifugal fan shortly after the 1st.  Will likely run a fan speed controller as it'll be way overkill and the fucker is loud.  I think I can get away with just venting to the 'rest of the house' or recirculate in the cab's closet...

Anyway, wall of text, peace

~DT

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates