Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado
    #297165 - 10/14/09 03:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I was born with chronic asthma.  As a kid I visited the hospital numerous times.  In my teen years, from what I can recall, I would take up to or usually more than 10 puffs from an inhaler daily.

I started smoking medical quality cannabis in my late teens and noticed a drastic change in my breathing.  Over the years and as I turned 20 my asthma had almost disappeared, however only to reappear when I stopped smoking for a couple weeks.

I now only vaporize and cannot even recall the last time I touched an inhaler or pills, but I do find my airways start to constrict again when I go a couple weeks without medicating.

I've researched Colorado and asthma is not on the list of ailments that are "legally" treatable with medical cannabis, however your case can be subject to review.

I have papers of my medical history and would not mind putting my case up for review, but I'm wondering how easy it would be for me to get registered.

Is there any Coloradans out there that got registered for their asthma?

Is there a certain clinic I could visit where my chances would be higher in getting registered?

Also, I live in Texas and will be moving to Colorado next spring.  Is there a certain time I need to be a Colorado resident before I can register?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDesertSolitaire
Male

Loc: Colorado Plateau
Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: Fox]
    #297230 - 10/14/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure if you have to live here for a certain amount of time or not but it should be pretty easy for you. Nowadays more of my friends more often than not have cards. As long as you live along the front range there shouldn't be any problem finding a doctor that will understand. Welcome to Colorado

--------------------
You don't have to believe everything you think.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: DesertSolitaire]
    #297276 - 10/14/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ive had HORRIBLE asthma since i was like 4, it sux bad:sad: ......but i dont live in colorado so IDK the rulezz

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (10/14/09 07:21 PM)

Offlinemoogles
Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #299445 - 10/17/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's how I have my card.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: moogles]
    #299578 - 10/18/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

they seriously gave you medical card for asthma?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinemoogles
Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #299594 - 10/18/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes. There are other qualifying conditions that aren't commonly listed, asthma is one.

The doctor told me marijuana is good for asthma.

Cha ching!

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#299924 - 10/18/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

woo!

alright that gives me hope :dancer:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #300158 - 10/19/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That makes sense.
Unlike cigarette tobacco, cannabis acts as a bronchodilator instead of a constrictor.
In fact, asthma is one of the conditions for which cannabis can be used in a capacity beyond that of just palliative care.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: 81renaissance]
    #303920 - 10/26/09 03:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Add another one to the list of growery asthmatics!  I'm actually just starting to learn about alot of the medical uses for marijuana and I'm pretty excited about this one...
I smoke recreationally but also smoke Cigarettes (I'm an idiot) so maybe that's how I missed the effects... I don't smoke alot cause I get a pretty bad paranoia high 7/10 times.. I'm also starting to learn this might just be the kind of bud I'm smoking...
I live in WA though.. but better than a non MMJ state

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: DudeTron]
    #303961 - 10/26/09 09:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah cigarette smoking has that constricting effect on lung tissue, so it negates the medicinal effect of marijuana.
The other thing that's very helpful is (like Fox does) vaporizing.
This is much easier on your lungs than combustion smoking.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: 81renaissance]
    #305778 - 10/28/09 08:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I used to be a heavy smoker and without a doubt it made my lungs worse with every puff.

I gave up smoking cigarettes but still smoked herb, although it was usually lower quality.  The low quality herb still negatively effected my breathing.  I knew nothing of the medicinal benefits of cannabis with asthma at the time, but when I took my first hit of medical grade herb I knew my life was about to change.

Smoking medical grade still has somewhat of a negative effect on my lungs, however I believe this is just from how it was grown, as in chemical nutes and not flushing, drying and curing properly. 

Vaporizing organic medical cannabis is the way to go for asthmatics!  A big vapor hit will still constrict my airway, but only momentarily.  If I'm in the process of having an asthma attack, I can take a couple vape hits and do some breathing exercises and within 5 minutes I can feel my chest opening up.

In fact, I always find that I can take much deeper breathes when high rather than sober. The deepest breath I've ever been able to take was coming back into reality after a DMT breakthrough :dancer:

Keep in mind that I use cannabis for asthma as an AID.  No doubt that cannabis plays a huge huge role in curing my asthma, but I am also a committed vegetarian and get plenty of sleep and exercise.

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #305795 - 10/28/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's awesome man.

Do you notice your asthma getting better in general? Like, have you noticed long term progressively positive effects?  That you may actually be CURING it?  That shit would be amazing bro.

What kind of genetics/high do you think does the best for you?  A real gnarly Sativa rush is what I'm thinkin... hmmm...

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado [Re: DudeTron]
    #305809 - 10/28/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The results are pretty astounding in my opinion.

From when I was born to about 15 years old, I was in the hospital too many times to even remember how many times it was.

I was like a guinea pig with medications, trying to find what works best.  Usually I would be taking my inhaler anywhere from 5 to 15 doses daily (1 dose is 2 puffs, that's a lot of puffs!), a dose of some liquid medicine to help prevent attacks, another inhalant to prevent attacks, and a few allergy pills to further help prevent attacks.

So as you can see, I **was** a chronic asthmatic.

When I start smoking medicinal grade (around 18 or 19 years of age) it was a night and day difference.  I stopped taking all my medications except for my inhaler within the first 6 months.  I started keeping a log of when I used my inhaler, and it was a progressive decrease.  Now a few years later I don't even have to think or worry about where my inhaler is, it's been sitting in the same place for a very very long time and I haven't even touched it.

I guess saying cannabis is curing me is going too far.  I talked to my doctor and he says as of now you can't cure asthma, it will always be there waiting to be triggered into an attack.  However cannabis has helped transform me from a chronic asthmatic to thinking I don't even have a breathing problem anymore.

Now I know this is all a direct result from the high grade herb because the first time I got the good effects I decided to experiment and see if it can benefit me.  Obviously it works :thumbup:

Sativa dominate usually gives the best effects and if I remember correctly studies have shown this to be true.

Now if you have panic or anxiety induced asthma, I could see how the sedating effects from a full indica would be much better than the sativa.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: medical cannabis for asthma in Colorado (moved) [Re: Fox]
    #428186 - 06/03/10 08:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Growery News Service.

Reason:
Populating new Medical Marijuana & Activism forum.

OfflineSkeyton09
Stranger
    #618778 - 04/17/12 05:12 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey moogles which doctor did you go see? I have recently moved to Colorado and have been a pretty severe asthmatic all of my life. I have to regularly carry an inhaler and do breathing treatments. I have used lots of preventatives such as advair.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order