Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I called my state senator. Did you? [Re: blunt master]
    #291668 - 10/04/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wrote the Canadian justice minister even though I'm a lowly American. The following is a copy of the email:

Note: I politely insist that this letter be given directly to the Honorable Robert Nicholson.

Mr. Nicholson,

It is with great anger I write this letter. What have you done with your own people? What have you done to your own citizens?

I have never seen a Canadian leader so willing to give up its own population to a separate nation. I ask you to reconsider the extradition of Canadian resident Marc Emery, a tax paying Canadian citizen. I realize the mounting pressure of a seemingly organized nation with an agressive enforcement agency has delved in and instigated this scenario. I also realize your personal position on the matter.

Can you really sit there day after day knowing you're about to extradite a Canadian citizen to America's prison system OVER a PLANT SEED COMPANY? I will ask you this with the following academic arguments in mind:

1. Is every plant on the Earth a part of the Earth or should we reject some plants that have been put here?
2. Is a seed the same thing as a chemical substance?
3. What has Nature done to us with these seeds that is so aweful?
4. Is it right for one man to imprison another over a tax-paying company that distributed plant seeds? (Shall you take taxes from a man and not give him legal fortitude?)
5. Is it easy to ship off to another nation a man whom paid you taxes and operated openly before you for a decade? (Is there truly no issue of conscience at hand here?)

I respectfully insist on a response, Mr. Nicholson. This is authentically outrageous. Neither you nor anyone of an academic nature can simply sign a piece of paper and cooly walk off. It shall not go down this way (it shall not simply be). Time will prove that - not me - based on this noteworthy event.

My Name
My State, United States of America
OIF Veteran

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I called my state senator. Did you? [Re: World Spirit]
    #291681 - 10/04/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I now also emailed my state senator:

Senator (XYZ),

I contacted your office several days ago and haven't heard anything so I'm emailing you. I ask that this email be given directly to Senator XYZ if one of XYS's assistants is handling this initially.

There is a man in Canada about to be extradited to Seattle. His name is Marc Emery, a Canadian resident and citizen. He's done nothing wrong. He ran a plant seed company, selling seeds internationally including the Land of the Free.

Under the former U.S. administration, the DEA delved into Canadian policy and landed an arrest of Marc. Now he sits in a Vancouver jail awaiting extradition. This is over a plant seed. The plant - God made. The seed - God made. The plant is a part of the Earth we live on. It is compatible with human digestion and human cognition, indicating it was designed to be utilized by humankind.

I have written the Canadian Justice Minister, Rob Nicholson. I've contacted friends across many borders simply discussing the issue. I'd like to talk with you directly via email or telephone and supply my reasoning for fighting his extradition. At this point, I am willing to contact every one I can until assistance is implemented on his behalf.

My Name
City, State

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#291719 - 10/04/09 02:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What do you think your senator can do about this?

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I called my state senator. Did you? [Re: niteowl]
    #291725 - 10/04/09 03:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Without Canadians getting off the family room love seat we are going to be able to achieve only half of the resolution. Both Canadians and Americans need to unify.

Senators can do a number of things. Here's what I know they can do individually, presuming of course that they choose to:

1. They can contact President Obama (literally) and Vice President Biden via email or telephone and discuss what can be done to mitigate the extradition. They can also discuss creating a presidential pardon. From there, a number of decisions and steps can be taken.

2. Senators always have friends and colleagues in many helpful places - here and worldwide. They can easily phone Canadian lawmakers and discuss the matter. This is more of a gesture but it would clarify our varied position in America. (We certainly have various opinions on the matter).

3. Specifically, senators also need to work with the judges and attorneys involved in the case.
A. This started with the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency in the U.S.). It also involved the FBI and CIA on some level. Lastly, it involved the Bush Administration and it's (former) attorney general (http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/) whose emblem and motto say: "The common law is the will of mankind..." This began under AG JOHN ASHCROFT (remember him????) and continued with AG Alberto Gonzalez. In it's final stages it's being overseen by current AG Eric Holder who recently took over the position.
B. Attorney General Eric Holder can be contacted by Obama to pull the breaks on this to at least discuss the issue further. The job description of the United States Attorney General is here --->
The Judiciary Act of 1789 created the Office of the Attorney General which evolved over the years into the head of the Department of Justice and chief law enforcement officer of the Federal Government. The Attorney General represents the United States in legal matters generally and gives advice and opinions to the President and to the heads of the executive departments of the Government when so requested. In matters of exceptional gravity or importance the Attorney General appears in person before the Supreme Court. Since the 1870 Act that established the Department of Justice as an executive department of the government of the United States, the Attorney General has guided the world's largest law office and the central agency for enforcement of federal laws.

People like you and people like me have to email or phone them however. We can't just sit here every day while this happens. We still have time to act.

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #291728 - 10/04/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

As an example of how the Attorney General can intervene and step in:

The last few seconds are important.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29433708/

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #291806 - 10/04/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dude they arent going to read your letters even.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#291820 - 10/04/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Do you actually believe that our justice system should be influenced by popular decision?

I don't.

I'm all for changing the current laws on prohibition.

But trying to get a convict out of jail by e-mails and letters, simply wont work.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #291825 - 10/04/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

But I do have to say you are persistent. Keep up the work man. Maybe you will piss them off so much they let him out. Or come arrest you :lol:

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #291841 - 10/04/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's a question for another thread. I think the top 5% of the rich end up ruling the other 95% (I might be off by a couple of percentage points). I believe in going after happiness without harming others. My happiness and Marc Emery's happiness just happen to have an item in common. I would just as easily rally around a number of other issues including minority rights.

You said you want to see change regarding prohibition. Now's an opportunity.

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #292244 - 10/05/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#292248 - 10/05/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Do you actually believe that our justice system should be influenced by popular decision?

I don't.

I'm all for changing the current laws on prohibition.

But trying to get a convict out of jail by e-mails and letters, simply wont work.

uhh.. ever heard of Democracy?

--------------------

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: I called my state senator. Did you? [Re: elcharrosays]
    #292251 - 10/05/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

niteowl and his negativity are getting old.

i'll bet his p3n0r is super tiny.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #292252 - 10/05/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The judge in Seattle who will handle this case as of now is:

Judge Ricardo S. Martinez
U.S. Courthouse
700 Stewart Street, Suite 13134
Seattle, WA  98101-9906

I called and spoke with the office and they are "getting a lot of letters." I asked if the judge has any power over the sentencing despite a plea bargain being in place and the answer was a definite "YES."

I'm going to type a letter now.

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #292262 - 10/05/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My letter to Judge Martinez (rough draft)...

To: Judge Ricardo S. Martinez
        U.S. Courthouse
        700 Stewart Street, Suite 13134
        Seattle, WA  98101-9906

Re: Marc Emery

Date: Oct 4th, 2009

To the Honorable Judge Martinez,

I’m writing today about a Canadian man in his fifties who is, for some strange and contrary reason, being extradited to the Land of the Free where men and women are supposed to be guaranteed liberty, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness.

This case involves a Canadian resident who is a Canadian citizen.
This case began under the Bush administration and under questionable intentions.

The man involved has run a Canadian tax-paying business that once sold and mailed cannabis seeds.
The man involved neither harmed anyone and if there was a crime, it was without one victim.
The man involved has been openly and peacefully engaged in activism alongside his business and because of this, he became a scapegoat. He then faced enormous pressure and was absolutely forced to agree to plea bargain.

This case will speak volumes about how we bully other nations, families, and individuals both in America and throughout the World.
This case will speak volumes about how we actually interpret “the pursuit of happiness.”
This case, if not properly aligned, will show that you can pay taxes on your business and not receive legal fortitude from your own nation.
This case, if not properly aligned, will show America is controlling the freedom of the world, a right it should not have nor want. We are proponents of freedom, not thieves of it.

You, your honor, do have the power to make this case a justifiable exception.
You, your honor, do possess the fortitude to push this back to Canada.

Your honor, I ask that you send this case to Canada on the grounds that Canada did not provide Marc with a government spine despite Canada receiving faithfully business and sales taxes that exceeded $500,000 issued provincially and federally in Canada.

Please do not let Marc spend one minute in prison. Refuse the plea bargain on the grounds that extradition is not constitutional for a victimless crime. Refuse the option to federally imprison him in America for a victimless crime while a Canadian citizen and resident. Refuse the extradition entirely.

Thank you for your consideration in this, Judge Martinez. I hope you are with us.

My name
City, State
United States Citizen and OIF Veteran

Could you please let me know you received my letter and reviewed it? My email is xyz .

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #292452 - 10/05/09 07:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #292862 - 10/06/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

24 seconds with a hot female...

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #293271 - 10/07/09 11:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Also...

Jodie is now overseeing Marc's Cannabis Culture

Torch Passed to Prince of Pot's Wife
By Janaya Fuller-Evans, The Vancouver Courier - Wednesday, October 7 2009
TAGS: HEADLINE NEWS CANNABIS CULTURE CCHQ JODIE EMERY MARC EMERY

Jodie Emery has replaced husband Marc as sole director of Avalon Sunsplash Ltd. (Photo by Dan Toulgoet)
Jodie Emery, wife of the self-styled Prince of Pot Marc Emery, is moving ahead with business plans for the Cannabis Culture Headquarters store.

Emery is replacing her husband as sole director of Avalon Sunsplash Ltd., the parent company of Cannabis Culture, following his arrest last week.

Marc Emery was taken into custody at B.C.'s Supreme Court Sept. 28. He faces the possibility of extradition to the United States on charges of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana and is expected to plead guilty in return for a five-year sentence.

A previous licence application to the city for the business at 307 W. Hastings St. was denied last summer, in part because of her husband's previous convictions on drug-related charges.

The new application should be filed within the next two weeks, according to Emery, who said she's "almost 100 per cent certain" the application will go through, as the majority of city council's problems with the business concerned her husband's involvement.

Emery doesn't have a criminal record, she said.

A search of B.C. court records did not turn up any charges or convictions against Emery.

Council can refuse licence applications if the applicant has been convicted of a crime within the past five years, particularly if the crime relates to the proposed business.

Emery is also maintaining her political career as policing critic for the Green Party of B.C., and is slated to run in the Vancouver South riding in the next federal election.

She said the campaign is intended to inform the public about her platform, not necessarily to win seats.

"I'm not running to get votes. I'm running to get the message out," Emery said.
Avalon Sunsplash's additional business application for the 420 Convenience Store at 316 W. Hastings St. was denied, and the store was shut down, last year.

The company withdrew an application for the Hastings Pot Block's upstairs administrative offices last July because there was no need for a business licence for the political headquarters of the B.C. Marijuana Party, according to lawyer Kirk Tousaw.

Tousaw, who is representing Avalon Sunsplash, said he expects the licence for Cannabis Culture's retail store to be approved.

"I can't think of a reason why the city would refuse a business licence," said Tousaw, who is also executive director of the Beyond Prohibition Foundation.
Cannabis Culture attracts tourists and reflects the culture of the Hastings neighbourhood, according to Tousaw.

He added that there are at least half a dozen similar stores in Vancouver. "Tourists leave, maybe having bought some hemp clothes or literature," Tousaw said. "I don't think the city should be in the business of [restricting commerce]."

Vision Coun. Geoff Meggs said city staff would review the application when it comes in.

He added that he does not have any reservations about the licence application right now but will form an opinion once staff has presented the relevant information to council.

"I can't say I have any at this point, not knowing anything behind it," Meggs said.

Marc Emery's lawyers are filing a submission to fight his extradition to the U.S. Tousaw said it could be a month or more before a decision is made.

- Article from The Vancouver Courier.

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #296579 - 10/13/09 02:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #296585 - 10/13/09 02:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I called my state senator. Did you? [Re: MFDoom666]
    #297796 - 10/15/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/marc-emerys-prison-potcast-episode-2

This is the latest phone call recorded between Marc and a reporter.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder