Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespacel0rd
Stranger
more info on cbd sought * 1
    #267479 - 08/19/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i have heard about cbd only recently. but there's not too much info about it on here. i know it has different medical applications. one of the most interesting for most recreational cannabis users might the anxiolytic action concerning the paranoia a lot of people encounter.

most of the info i found was on cbd alone, but how do different levels of cbd and (and also those of other cannabinoids) affect the experience? there was this documentary where one woman was injected pure thc which she didn't like at all and pure cbd and that seemed to be a rly nice trip. i don't know if it was fake but it seemed to be in a medical setting. sometimes cbd is considered hardly psychoactive tho.

can someone enlighten me what role cbd plays in the overall effects of mj and maybe what strains have higher levels. maybe medicinal strains is the thing to study. do their mental effects differ prominently from those of other common strains?

any info/thoughts welcome :sun:

edit: i wonder how i missed the fact that the thc/cbd ration was one of the factors that contributed to the different experience of indica vs sativa indica having a higher cbd:thc ratio. shame on me. but still a lot of question are unanswered to me

Edited by spacel0rd (08/22/09 08:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: more info on cbd sought [Re: spacel0rd] * 1
    #267797 - 08/20/09 01:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The only info I've found on it CBD cannabidiol) is that it prolongs the high. Seems to be found in a lot of incica's.

CBN seems to be the most active cannabinoid and it seems to be found in strains known for putting ya to sleep.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinetheman420

Re: more info on cbd sought [Re: spacel0rd] * 1
    #364988 - 02/15/10 09:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

heres a lil something i found that might help...

The Institute of Medicine published in its Mar. 1999 report titled "Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base":
"The most recent review of the constituents of marijuana lists 66 cannabinoids. But that does not mean there are 66 different cannabinoid effects or interactions. Most of the cannabinoids are closely related and they fall into only 10 groups of closely related cannabinoids, many of which differ by only a single chemical moiety and might be midpoints along biochemical pathways -- that is, degradation products, precursors, or byproducts.

Cannabinoids Identified in Marijuana
Cannabinoid Group-Abbreviation-Known Variants
1. 9-Tetrahydrocannabinol 9-THC-9

2. 8-Tetrahydrocannabinol 8-THC-2

3. Cannabichromene-CBC-5

4. Cannabicyclol-CBL-3

5. Cannabidiol-CBD-7

6. Cannabielsoin-CBE-5

7. Cannabigerol-CBG-6

8. Cannabinidiol-CBND-2

9. Cannabinol-CBN-7

10. Cannabitriol-CBT-9

11. Miscellaneous types-11
TOTAL.................................66

CBD makes the effect of a stoned feeling not wanting to do much, THC makes the effect of the "high". sativa strains have more THC as do indica have more CBD. i think this has todo with indica's producing an abundant about of THC in the beginning of the flowering stage and converting it to CBD later. this site here will help you understand it alot better than i can!

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mj028.htm

Edited by theman420 (02/15/10 09:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals