Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Just getting started.
    #266552 - 08/17/09 02:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, so I have these seeds that I've been holding onto for about 6 months now. I cannot remember the strain but the stuff was killer.

I ended up getting 3 ounces and out of each I got only 1 seed so it's imperative that I do my best at propagating these.

In the past I've usually just used tap water on a napkin and stuck them in a plastic bag that was placed in the dark.

I've also just taken a glass of water and dropped them in there till I seen sprouts.

This time I want to ensure propagation because I have a very limited amount of seeds.

I just went and purchased some rockwool cubes and was planning on using them.

The guy at the store recommended I get a bowl of water and squeeze half a lemon in the water and let the cubes soak for a few minutes and the seeds should do fine.

What do you guys think? Will this work? any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDesertSolitaire
Male

Loc: Colorado Plateau
Re: Just getting started. [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #266632 - 08/17/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you should use distilled water or let the tap water sit out for at least 24 hours...the more sterile the better

--------------------
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just getting started. [Re: DesertSolitaire]
    #266639 - 08/17/09 05:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

read the instructions on the rockwool, but I would let it soak for 24 hours prior to use.  The rockwool usually is sent out with lime in it, so you have to dilute it by soaking.
After that, plant the seeds.

Also, if you want to increase the chance of them sprouting, put some fine grit sandpaper in an empty toilet paper tube, put the seeds in there and cover the ends while you shake them around for a minute...this will put micro scratches in the hull and allow it to take in more moisture.

Finally, after you've scuffed the shell, you could also soak the seeds in shot glasses for 12-24 hours before planting them.  They won't have sprouted yet, but they will absorb a good amount of moisture and will sprout faster once they go in the rw cube.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (08/17/09 05:32 PM)

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just getting started. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #266785 - 08/18/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Skip the part about squeezing lemon in the water and use hydrogen peroxide instead. Just soak the seeds in a 3% solution for 30-60 mins.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Just getting started. [Re: DesertSolitaire]
    #266934 - 08/18/09 04:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DesertSolitaire said:
you should use distilled water or let the tap water sit out for at least 24 hours...the more sterile the better

Leaving the water out for 24 hours does not sterilize it, it allows the chlorine to evaporate. Chlorine can harm your seeds/sprouts so that is why it is important that you do this.

There is nothing wrong with using the rockwool, and the lemon juice is to stabilize the pH of the rockwool.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale