Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrsGrowGood
green goddess

leaves twisting underside up, burning edges/browning
    #255009 - 07/25/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hello, thanks for checking out my post. I have some little plants growin in the back yard, and I'm having a really strange problem...
some of the fan leaves are twisting themselves upside down.. and a few fan leaves turned brown and got crunchy and burned. It seems to be affecting localized fan leaves, like not dispersed around the plant but just affecting one fan leaf on one side, and maybe one on the other side.
I can't imagine what's causing this. I've been lightly fertilizing them with the proper nutrient ratios... I thought maybe it's just too hot during the day maybe?
One thing I noticed today was that when I moved the pots, there were lots of bugs underneath that started running. Could be a pest problem in the soil perhaps???
Any ideas or knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: leaves twisting underside up, burning edges/browning [Re: MrsGrowGood]
    #255030 - 07/25/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am not sure personally. When i hear of leaves turning over, it reminds me of fungal growth i had on some pepper plants. I have also heard of root boring beetles, that will curl the leaves up something like that. Do you notice any whitish powder on back of the leaves? I don't see any from the pic's.

Anyways, just hang out for a bit. Wait for a more experienced opinion. And Welcome! to The Growery.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: leaves twisting underside up, burning edges/browning [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #261817 - 08/08/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Dont know how I missed this.....this should help you out quite a bit. See if that helps. Also I'm bumping the thread to see if someone else has some opinions.

Offlinefullensurfer707
Stranger
Re: leaves twisting underside up, burning edges/browning [Re: Triptonic]
    #630997 - 07/08/12 10:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I am having the same problem on my 2 1/2 week olds right now. they look the exact same as yours in the pics. i cam to the conclusion it is a ph or ppm problem, and it is locking out calcium and magnesium. mine were also locking out potassium and phos. towards the end until i fixed it. i added dolomite lime to my soil to balance ph to undo lockout. I also foliar fed to keep the plants healthy since the roots wee recovering. im not saying this is what it is, but if you didnt add dolomite lime to your soil, then i bet i hit it. I would also recommend checking your roots by flipping your plant upside down and pulling off the pot while not disturbing the roots. if they arent growing much, or nubby looking, or discolored, then you need to diagnose and fix. This is a root not getting nutrients problem.  Hope this helps man, because a gentleman on rollit up told me this and it def helped me! GOOD LUCK!!!:wink:

Offlinefullensurfer707
Stranger
Re: leaves twisting underside up, burning edges/browning [Re: fullensurfer707]
    #630998 - 07/08/12 10:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fullensurfer707 said:
I am having the same problem on my 2 1/2 week olds right now. they look the exact same as yours in the pics. i cam to the conclusion it is a ph or ppm problem, and it is locking out calcium and magnesium. mine were also locking out potassium and phos. towards the end until i fixed it. i added dolomite lime to my soil to balance ph to undo lockout. I also foliar fed to keep the plants healthy since the roots wee recovering. im not saying this is what it is, but if you didnt add dolomite lime to your soil, then i bet i hit it. I would also recommend checking your roots by flipping your plant upside down and pulling off the pot while not disturbing the roots. if they arent growing much, or nubby looking, or discolored, then you need to diagnose and fix. This is a root not getting nutrients problem.  Hope this helps man, because a gentleman on rollit up told me this and it def helped me! GOOD LUCK!!!:wink:

sorry, i wanna be clear, it has been happening for the past week and a half and it has gotten better but not fully gone away. it started to get alot better when i balanced my ph and added dolomite lime, that is a must!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: leaves twisting underside up, burning edges/browning [Re: fullensurfer707]
    #630999 - 07/08/12 10:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This thread is 3 years old....if you have an issue make a new one please.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder