Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next >
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Mushroom grow. [Re: Inverted]
    #269853 - 08/24/09 04:01 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Is that stuff (mycellium?) growing up from underneath that brown stuff? 

It looks like it's pushing itself right through, and some of those pockets look pretty big, but I have no idea of scale...  Is there basically an entire layer of it growing underneath that brown stuff?

Is it used to hold in moisture?

Do you see any pins? If not how long after spawning do you usually discover them?

Can you post pics every day, so I can see how fast this process happens?  I'm very interested.

Don't the mushrooms grow from pins to mature in only like 1-2 days or something?

Please try to answer every question, I'll have plenty more for you after your next update; lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Hahahah wow I nodded huge, just figured I'd send what I typed...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Edited by Inverted (08/24/09 04:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #269867 - 08/24/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

It looks like it's pushing itself right through, and some of those pockets look pretty big, but I have no idea of scale...  Is there basically an entire layer of it growing underneath that brown stuff?

Do you see any pins? If not how long after spawning do you usually discover them?

Can you post pics every day, so I can see how fast this process happens?  I'm very interested.

Don't the mushrooms grow from pins to mature in only like 1-2 days or something?

Please try to answer every question, I'll have plenty more for you after your next update

Its not pushing itself through the coir. Its actually eating the coir. (spawning onto it) Eventually the coir will all be white.

It does hold moisture but no thats not why people use it. People use it because it is nutricious and mycelium will eat it.

I wont see pins untill I put it into fruiting conditions (10-14 days) right now its colonizing the Coir. Think of the mycelium as still in the jar basically. It has just gotten a new food source so now its going to eat that before pinning.

Mushrooms can mature from pins to mushrooms in 1-2 days but I have never seen that more like 3-4 days.

Quote:

Inverted said:
Is that a good thing?  It doesn't look like it's going to produce much, but i've never grown them before and know not about cultivating.  Do you think you'll get a decent yield?  What is a decent yield in a monotub?

Yes I should get a great yeild. I'm hoping for about 3 ounces off this tub for the first flush. If it doesnt get contamenated. *knock on wood*

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Mushroom grow. [Re: Triptonic]
    #269882 - 08/24/09 04:59 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Day 4

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #269917 - 08/24/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

Please try to answer every question, I'll have plenty more for you after your next update; lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Druggie!!!  haha, jk.  I think that the Growery has a spin off website that deals with mushrooms.  What the fuck was the name of that place???????>...

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#269927 - 08/24/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

Inverted said:

Quote:

Inverted said:
Is that a good thing?  It doesn't look like it's going to produce much, but i've never grown them before and know not about cultivating.  Do you think you'll get a decent yield?  What is a decent yield in a monotub?

Yes I should get a great yeild. I'm hoping for about 3 ounces off this tub for the first flush. If it doesnt get contamenated. *knock on wood*

Just to add some basic information to that.  Monotubs are generally considered to be a bulk method.  Simply meaning that it's used to get more (and bigger) mushrooms as opposed to cakes (which is where most new growers start).  Bulk methods tend to use a different substrate than cakes as well.  Most of the time they consist of a basic/fundamental substrate (most of the time Rye berries (a type of seed) or wild bird seed.  This is just to start the process of growth.  The real main thing to look out for are contaminations.  You notice Triptonic didn't take any pics of when he put the jarred mycelium into the tubs and mixed with the coir.  That's simply because he was trying to maintain a clean environment.  When I say clean I meant that to an extreme.  Sterilized work areas are essential.  A single flake of dead skin falls into your jar and your fucked.  People isolate strains that they determine to be more contamination resistant just like we will breed cannabis to isolate our most preferred traits.  Anyway, Trip here obviously knows what he's doing and I am glad he is sharing his experience and knowledge with us.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Edited by FurrowedBrow (08/24/09 08:03 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Mushroom grow. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #269932 - 08/24/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks dude....I actually just pretend to know what I'm doing to win friends :lol: just kiddin. But ya what you said it exactly right.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#269976 - 08/24/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Have you ever heard of the book, How to Win Friends and Influence People?  I think it's a self help book.  I never bother with that shit, but it just popped in my head when i read ur comment.  It's a really popular book kinda like who moved my cheese.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#269978 - 08/24/09 08:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Nope never heard of it.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #270060 - 08/24/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

Inverted said:

Druggie!!!  haha, jk.  I think that the Growery has a spin off website that deals with mushrooms.  What the fuck was the name of that place???????>...

:lol:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#270063 - 08/24/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Nope never heard of it.

Good deal.  If they were any good i'd give a link.  :lol:  How does the tub smell?

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#270065 - 08/24/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have no idea how it smells I havent opend the lid since I put the sub and spawn in.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#270067 - 08/24/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

oh ok.  i love the earthy smell of mycelium.  Sometimes when the wind blows I get a strong scent of it.  It makes me smile.  :grin:

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#270069 - 08/24/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: maybe that will happen when I get the polyfil in it :bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey::bouncey:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#270374 - 08/25/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Formula: 0

OfflineZippy
Needlepoint
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz
    #270380 - 08/25/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

woo! :super:

--------------------
Even a fish could stay out of trouble if he learned to keep his mouth shut.
Indoor Floro Troublemaker/ Troublemaker x WW grow
Indoor 1000w HPS Soil Grow- *updated*

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom grow. [Re: Zippy]
    #270394 - 08/25/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I def. see rhizomorphic growth there!!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#270399 - 08/25/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yes me too.:borat:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#270974 - 08/26/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Formula: 0

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#271096 - 08/26/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm, i definitely remember writing some text here earlier.  I must not have pushed the submit button.  Oh i asked if you could get a clearer picture.  It's hard to tell the detail.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#271110 - 08/26/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmmmmmm I dont want to open the top of the tub. But I can try :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract