Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: Inverted]
    #241953 - 06/22/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

triptonic said:
so either those are really slow growers or I'm doing something wrong.

i swear its the miracle grow and lack of good ph balancing....

I'm sick of people blaming their lack of skills on MG... I use miracle grow and I have always had great grows/harvests... Find another scapegoat to take the fall for you... Not being an ass but seriously...

WTF? if you dont balance ph and use shitty nutes its not going to be perfect...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #241955 - 06/22/09 08:46 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
PH is 7.4

does this ph kit have more than just that card ....if so then use vinegar to lower the ph to around 6.5-7.0 for soil....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #241956 - 06/22/09 08:47 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have used miracle grow in the past with decent results. The organic miracle grow is another story though. Seems like every single time I use organic miracle grow I get the worse cases of spider mites ever! But when I use normal compost/potting soil I get none.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: FrozenReality]
    #241958 - 06/22/09 08:55 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
I have used miracle grow in the past with decent results. The organic miracle grow is another story though. Seems like every single time I use organic miracle grow I get the worse cases of spider mites ever! But when I use normal compost/potting soil I get none.

I MYSELF have used miracle grow succefully....but when i did i have encountered some deficiency problems later on......i dont mind vegging for a little while with miracle grow.....but i also did read that MG can be a cancerous product if using on herbs for smoking (even if flushed properly)....i dunno how true that is but i seen it on bbc news a few months ago....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #241973 - 06/22/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

triptonic said:

I'm sick of people blaming their lack of skills on MG... I use miracle grow and I have always had great grows/harvests... Find another scapegoat to take the fall for you... Not being an ass but seriously...

Yo, I will be the first one to admit that I dont know how to grow perfectly. But this is what the forums are for man, so chill out about it. As you can see I never said that it was the miracle grow, I said "either they are slower growers or I must be doing something wrong". Plus just because you are getting good results from using miracle grow does not mean that everyone who uses it will. It depends on a bunch of variables, PH, Lighting, Temperature, Nutes, and other things I am sure I am missing. So what I am saying is just because you get "great" results using miracle grow that doesnt mean it can be duplicated at everyones home because most likely they do not have the same supplies as you.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #241974 - 06/22/09 11:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

triptonic said:

Yo, I will be the first one to admit that I dont know how to grow perfectly. But this is what the forums are for man, so chill out about it. As you can see I never said that it was the miracle grow, I said "either they are slower growers or I must be doing something wrong". Plus just because you are getting good results from using miracle grow does not mean that everyone who uses it will. It depends on a bunch of variables, PH, Lighting, Temperature, Nutes, and other things I am sure I am missing. So what I am saying is just because you get "great" results using miracle grow that doesnt mean it can be duplicated at everyones home because most likely they do not have the same supplies as you.

perfectly said:thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #241987 - 06/22/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Wow you guys took all this the wrong way... Haha  :heart:

Please don't think I was saying you had a lack of skills! I read that again and I know that's what it seemed like I was saying...

I just think that many people out there that use MG are novices and are just getting started and there are other shortcomings in their techniques that may get blamed on poor soil... I'm just trying to say if you do the other stuff right then the soil shouldn't be the only culprit...

I know it depends on those variables!  I said nothing about PH...

My PH is 8.4 and I really don't see it affecting my plants...  Yeah MG is bad for seedlings because it has time release ferts built in but once they are vegging heavily they are going to need those nutes...  I'm one of the most mellow and chill characters around so I really don't like it when someone tells me to chill out... I hear about MG being soooo bad from everyone and you just happened to be the one I responded to and for that I apologize.  I respect everyone on here that has the balls to learn how to grow correctly and ask for help from complete strangers...  I may only be 23 but I have been growing for 8 years and grew up around greenhouses and large scale gardens since I was born.  (my mom managed one) So I tend to have a natural green-thumb.

I'm fucking broke and barely have any of the materials that I would choose to use for a grow but you learn to do the best with what you have... That's what makes you a versatile gardener!  Cuz' once you do have the materials of your choice things are going to go so smooth!

I'm sorry for you guys misinterpreting my words... I was probably crabby and just said the first thing that came to mind...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #241988 - 06/22/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:hug:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#242002 - 06/22/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
:hug:

LOL!  That's how I feel man... I would give both of you a hug if I was with you...

I really just want to help anyone who has less experience than me, and I wanna learn from everyone who has more exp. than me... I'm fairly young and have a very open mind.  I've had nothing but respect for both of you (Dr. S. and Trip)

Check my log, I finally discovered a female!  (just in time)

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #242006 - 06/22/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i cant find it for some reason....could you post a link....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#242007 - 06/22/09 01:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#242136 - 06/22/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ha ha sorry for takin what you said wrong man. Some people on this site really just seem to like to bitch other people out for no reason, although I made the mistake of judging you ha ha sorry dude. But hey man you got any suggestions one broke person to another? cuz I am seriously broke like no joking I hardly have any money I think I have a total of 3 dollars. And you said your PH was 8.6.....That is like exactly what mine is before I let it sit out overnight. Do you have any idea what is wrong with my plant or why it isnt growing as fast as it should be? You say you use miracle grow and I would love it if you could give me some pointers cuz no one else seems to use it except me and you haha. Any advice at all would be helpful. Sorry for telling you to chill out man.
:heartpump::peace::ganja::peace::heartpump:,
triptonic.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#242153 - 06/22/09 09:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I don't wanna go through your many pages of journal right now because i'm busy, I have skimmed most of it but I'm high and don't remember - What type of flouro's are you using and how many and the wattages and color temp would be helpful as I see the slow growth as a problem caused by your lighting... Other than that I would say you're plant actually looks quite good and healthy.  I don't even have 3 bucks man I don't have a job right now and am relying on what I managed to acquire for free.  Can you tell me exactly what nutes you are using?  It looks nice and dark green so I would think you are good but you might wanna get some blooming ferts. even a little MG would work just use it sparingly... Sit at a gas station/mall for a couple hours and ask people for a couple bucks, you could easily get 30 bucks or more...haha I have done it. It's better than stealing!  I would really recommend getting 2 more CFL's man, it's pretty much the only thing that will fatten up those buds faster in my honest opinion... I'm completely broke and managed to get a 175w MH and a bulb for it, with no money :/ Hit me back anytime or PM me because i'm on this site all day every day... :sad:

Happy Growin'!  :ganja::potleaf::ganja::potleaf::ganja::potleaf::ganja::potleaf::ganja::potleaf:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#242157 - 06/22/09 09:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ya man I hear you on the whole broke thing....I dont have a job either and then I get all these people telling me that I need to get all these special lights and soils and shit haha I cant even afford food. I'm not really the begging type although it does sound fun haha. So for 30 bux you got a Metal Halide light? how did you hook it up so that it can plug into the wall? I was thinking about getting something like that....but have no clue how to plug it into the wall without spending a lot of money on a ballast.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #242165 - 06/22/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

So for 30 bux you got a Metal Halide light? how did you hook it up so that it can plug into the wall?

not for 30 bucks........if your on a bidget and trying to get more lightining get compact flourescents they are cheap......and i have never seen a MH lighting system without a ballast.....

Quote:

I would really recommend getting 2 more CFL's man, it's pretty much the only thing that will fatten up those buds faster in my honest opinion......../......... I'm completely broke and managed to get a 175w MH and a bulb for it, with no money :/

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#242184 - 06/22/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#242191 - 06/23/09 12:27 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I donno man, I actually picked mine up at a garage sale! That's something you might wanna think about checking... She told me if I could find a bulb for it she would let me take it... Worked for me.  I know most people aren't that lucky though so you might have to figure out some sort of way to get a little money... hell... when your first grow finishes sell like an 1/8 or some shit and get 50 bucks, go online and find a used 250-400w HPS that is used and I guarantee you can find one for that much...  I don't think my MH will flower plants very well since its not exactly the right spectrum but I guess I can always bring them outside in the sun to get some red light...

I really wouldn't worry about cash too much man, once you get dialed in on how to grow good amounts of bud efficiently you can make a little cash on the side and expand your setup...  I plan on learning to clone here and take a few from my plants and put them into flower once they root so I have plants harvesting at staggered times, ensuring I never run out... I can't fucking wait til' I flower em'. Should be this week!  :omgawesome:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#242195 - 06/23/09 12:40 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Haha if my plant ever does finish up.....But yea man lookin forward to seeing your plants in FULL BLOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#242217 - 06/23/09 08:53 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

any news on the new grow? :]

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #242218 - 06/23/09 08:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

if you going to sell a little weed to buy equipment.....then i would get a nice 400 watt digital ballast.... just my opinion....//....anyway i thought we had an :ebay: greamlin?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals