Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? UPDATE 6/21/09
    #239506 - 06/14/09 06:42 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So yesterday morning I check on my 3 girls and give them the daily inspection. On one of them I notice a few "little balls" so I figure...hermie. Not wanting to jump to conclusions and kill her, I plucked off 2 of the little sacks. When I got to the third one it looked different. It was a "little ball" with a pistil coming out the middle of it. (pic #2+3)
So today take a pic of it and I notice another tiny sac beside it, no pistil. There's only one other sac on it and that's in pic #4. So what's the deal???!!! This is my first indoor grow so I've never been able to scrutinize my plants like this before. Is it a hermie, is it a bud, why dossen't it look like the others? WTF!!!???
It's Sensi Star in soil, 2 weeks into flowering.

Edited by DrGreenThumb (06/21/09 06:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #239508 - 06/14/09 07:55 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

strange.  i see what you mean, it looks just like a couple male flowers but has a pistil coming out of it.  :shrug:  weird.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: Yrat]
    #239516 - 06/14/09 08:58 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I would say it is safe to call it a hermie. Weird though.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #239553 - 06/14/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Watch it and do what you have to.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: KaptKid]
    #240112 - 06/16/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Great pics! I haven't seen that before... I would agree ethno and call it a hermie. Just pluck the balls off and keep watching to make sure you don't find anymore.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #240116 - 06/16/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Looks hermie, just as another option, if you have space away from any other plants and follow safe pollen handling, you can let if flower and fertalize itself, and collect your new femenized seeds. There is a chance some will be hermies too, but anything that's not a hermie, will be female.

OfflinegrimR
 User Gallery

Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: Integra21]
    #240117 - 06/16/09 12:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

neuter him.

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: grimR]
    #240118 - 06/16/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

grimR said:
neuter him.

:hi5:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: Integra21]
    #240221 - 06/16/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Integra21 said:
Looks hermie, just as another option, if you have space away from any other plants and follow safe pollen handling, you can let if flower and fertalize itself, and collect your new femenized seeds. There is a chance some will be hermies too, but anything that's not a hermie, will be female.

:thumbup:  How do you think I got 24/24 females last year!?!?!  :rofl:

:potleaf::potleaf::potleaf::potleaf::potleaf:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: Inverted]
    #240465 - 06/17/09 05:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So here's the update. The ball with the pistil has sort of blossomed as you can see. It still has only one pistil and that one "ball" right above it. No other "balls" or anything that looks male has formed on any part of the plant. I scrutinized it for hours (4 hours) and haven't found anything. So I guess she stays right there (She's so beautiful). I'm going to keep the ball above it on the plant also. Few seeds couldn't hurt anyway, right? Especially if they do turn out fem. I'll keep ya'll updated.
On the other hand check out my new post on my other girl that had like a 5 inch growth spurt in 19 hours.
Thanks for the input everyone. I can't believe no one has come across this before. I guess this is history in the makin' or sumpin'.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#240469 - 06/17/09 06:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

so strange...

i would be willing to bet that any seeds that come from that plant self-pollinating would definitely be female.  it seems like some strange developmental mutation rather than a full blown hermi. 

very cool.  :gethigh:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: Yrat]
    #241586 - 06/21/09 06:20 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OK, so this morning I got up to take some more pics of the ball. I decided to pick off the little sac right above the one with the pistil and when I did I grabbed them both. Well, luckily I was sittin' in front of the fan because the ball with the pistil dropped onto the bud below it and a spray of pollen landed on the bud. I immediately shut my fan off.
So thanks to the advice of Integra, Inverted, and Yrat I decided to try pollinating a few buds. I could REALLY use female seeds fo sho. So anyway, I picked up the little pollen sac and took the plant away from the others to blow off the extra pollen on the bud it landed on. Then I took the pollen sac (the one with the pistil) and gave it a squeeze to get a minute amount on my finger. Disposed of the pollen sac and took my finger and gave it gentle wipe one lower bud of my other two females.
So if this works out hopefully I'll get a few femmed seeds and I owe ya'll big time. Thanks for the advice. I guess we'll know fo sure in a few months. :potleaf:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #241644 - 06/21/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

getting the femenized seeds is by the hermie polinating itself, not your other plants, that will only give you regular seeds. Just so you know.

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
    #241771 - 06/21/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:uhoh:

:haha:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #241951 - 06/22/09 08:32 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yes this is a hermie. Or so says hi-times. There is a pic of this on page 44 of the August 2009 issue. It's the beginning of the male pollen sack within the female flower.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineWordsWorth
Grow Cannabis
Loc: Midwest
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #242061 - 06/22/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Fantastic pics bro, best ive ever seen. Way to get answers

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

#242851 - 06/25/09 11:13 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Integra21 said:
getting the femenized seeds is by the hermie polinating itself, not your other plants, that will only give you regular seeds. Just so you know.

LoL. Thats false. Old wives tale.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #242852 - 06/25/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have never tested it myself, but in general i believe Jorge Cervantes, and that is a fact published out of his book. So it might be more than an old wives tale. If I ever have a hermie, I'll put it to the test.

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

#242897 - 06/25/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What? The bible? He clearly states in the breeding portion how femenized seeds are made. In the issue of HT that is in my avatar, he explains the products that are actually used.

The punnet square proves the hermie myth false.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Re: Bud Formation?..Hermie? WTF is going on with my little girl??? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #242898 - 06/25/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know how many times this BS has to be debated in here.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #242906 - 06/25/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Im not trying to debate or start stupid arguments, just relaying information I read. In the part where he talks about sexing and hermies, has says the above information.

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

#243104 - 06/25/09 10:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What pg?

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom