Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: Guerrilla]
    #243245 - 06/26/09 03:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's been fascinating watching these plants grow and even though I think they're growing a little slow, watching the variation in how they grow from one plant to another is fascinating. The one plant I know is Skunkberry from the Vancouver Seed Bank is growing with reckless abandon. The rest are bagseeds from various donations that seem to be happy just doing their thing.

By the way, this soil mix is the fucking shiz-nite! My biggest fear as a n00b grower is figuring out watering and trying not to over or underwater. However, with the soil mix I've gone with every day I look at my plants and they look happy regardless of whatever the fuck my n00b ass is doing. I really credit having a large percentage of coco coir in the mix for making this relatively painless so far.

Probably going to transplant to bigger containers to encourage growth.

Thinking about building a flowering tent in my room for the 1,000 watt HPS. I still have that greenhouse and I feel reasonably certain that temps will be manageable running 12/12 in the cooler parts of the day but since having a horrific time out there at the beginning of this process, I'm feeling a little iffy about it and considering all my options.

I think I'm going to veg my plants for 40 days and then flower for 60 days.

Hoping to harvest on September 11th-15th

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#243670 - 06/28/09 02:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #243672 - 06/28/09 02:32 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Far right 2 pics look a little beat up. But overall, looking good. Is the droopyness and discoloration something new? or a problem from the beggening?

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: Integra21]
    #243872 - 06/28/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

They're wilting at an incredible rate and seem smaller and less alive today. I think they've bought the farm. I'll give it a few more days and see what you all think... but I think I've failed again

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#243936 - 06/28/09 09:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You know what dude? Fuck it, I'm going back to Hydro. I had a much better time trying to do hydro in a DWC bucket and the seemed much simpler and forgiving than soil. Also seemed much faster and easier to deal with fuck ups. I'll give these plants another day or two to see what happens but I think I'm going to prepare the greenhouse for a couple of DWC buckets. I'm sad this fucked up, but I got a lot of experience from trying it this way. But fuck it, I'm going to start thinking DWC and hydro.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #243957 - 06/28/09 11:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I feel you pain. All of my soil plants(mothers), have been a headache since day 1. Nutrient problems, drainage issues, Pot sizes and transplanting. As soon as Started DWC, my garden looked the best it ever had. And I will be happy to keep it going, so here's a loudly shouted Fuck Dirt for all of the Hydro growers.

OfflineSativaSam
Male

#243971 - 06/29/09 01:27 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

place a 5 gallon bucket of water in the green house, when temps rise, water evaporates, raising humidity, plus its always nice to have a little extra water sitting out, at least 24hrs, so all chlorine has evaporated from it. cannabis can take higher temps but you must increase light, water, co2,

--------------------
In every seed, there is a bag of weed!:wink:

P.S. if you don't own a copy of Marijuana Horticulture, the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible, you need to get a copy!

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#260226 - 08/05/09 04:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey dudes, just wanted to give an update and not disappear into that good night... to quote Bob Dylan... no Dylan Thomas...

The soil plants that were having issues, I put outside to let nature do it's thing and euthanize the plants. However, something amazing happen. I just left the plants alone, periodically checking in on them and to my surprise after about two weeks or so, they started coming back to life and looking really healthy. Even more to my amazement, they started flowering about a week or two ago and are growing like crazy now. I think I have two girls out of the eight for sure (the two I started a week before the others, and MY FAVORITE plant made it and is a girl!!! All that time and work and she made all the way :laugh: so happy about that) and three more are showing girl characteristics (I think one is a hermie though) And only one for sure male out of the bunch. (The other two committed suicide... one literally jumped off the table it was sitting on. The sheer strangeness of that has perplexed me, but it was the sickest one of the bunch at the time.)

I'm really glad I had a fuck-up like this my first time because it taught me so much. It mainly just got me in tune with my plants and made me realize the best thing is to just let them live and do their thing. I water my plants once every couple of days now and they look happy.

I also have one plant going in the DWC (I made a DWC out of a cooler like the ones you see at a football game. You guys should seriously consider this as there's virtually no maintence and you never exposed the reservoir water. You use the spout at the bottom to pour a little water out for PH ratings and you pour the water and nutes in through a hole in the lid. Simple and painless) it's late in week 2 for veg. I'm following the Lucas Formula and I'm growing White Widow. I'm always stunned at just how much faster and healthier plants look in DWCs compared to soil. The white window plant looks like it's on meth compared to the soil plants.

But anyway, that's the update from here.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals