Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFugueRider
God! I Love Psychedelics!
 User Gallery

First Grow - NYCSD (Completed)
    #226028 - 05/13/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Here is the area where that I set up for my grow. This first pic is what it looked liked before I worked it into shape. The final growing area is two and a half feet by three and a half feet.

Here it is after I was done. The pics kind of suck, but you get the idea.

My light (400 Watt unit) has six inch ducts coming off of the light. So I have duct coming off of the light and out of the grow area.

It feeds down to the bottom of the door area and is expelled into a room where there is plenty of FAE coming in through an open window.

The duct on the left provides input of FAE into the room.

The whole thing is covered up with the blue sheet to keep it totally light proof for when I get to the flowering stage. The duct off to the right is for the input of fresh air. I just didn't see any need to cut it off yet. Also, the ghetto looking yoga bricks under the sheet are temporary. I just need to get another O clamp to bring the duct out far enough that the sheet doesn't' block the heat air coming out of the grow area. That will be fixed shortly.

I got five seeds (NYC Sour Diesel Kush) on a trade, and started to germinate them about a week to a week and a half ago. I forget exactly. Four of the seeds have sprouted, and one is about an inch and a half tall.

I will transplant them when they are a bit bigger (I guess).

So far, I have the nutrients that will get me though veg. I am going organic from the get go. I am heavy into organic and quality foods. So I figure I will do it for my plants. It is also true with everything else in life that garbage in = garbage out. So why the hell wouldn't it be this way with plants.

So that is everything so far. Any input is appreciated.

:sun: Peace :sun:

Edited by FugueRider (09/05/09 03:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel Kush [Re: FugueRider]
    #226467 - 05/14/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

YES!  I can't wait to see these develop!  Best of luck to you.

:burnone:
:thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel Kush [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #226508 - 05/14/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
YES!  I can't wait to see these develop!  Best of luck to you.

:burnone:
:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for your good energy man. It is encouragement to keep up with this log. Ciao for now.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #226517 - 05/14/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Good looking grow area.

Pulls up chair to watch.:popcorn:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #226539 - 05/15/09 12:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

pssssssssssst....

sour diesel isn't usually referred to as kush (unless it's crossed with og, usually speaking)

NYC sour diesel, yes. NYC sour diesel kush, now you're just name droppin, catch mah drift?

best of luck on the grow, i hope it turns you out some nice smoke
those sativas can be tricky....

--------------------
I'm an electric smoker :gc:

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel Kush [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #226564 - 05/15/09 06:17 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MistaUNGA said:
pssssssssssst....

NYC sour diesel, yes. NYC sour diesel kush, now you're just name droppin, catch mah drift?

best of luck on the grow, i hope it turns you out some nice smoke
those sativas can be tricky....

I can see where you are coming from. After the guy gave me the seeds, I went and started to look for 'em online. It is kind of flaky how they are referred too. So I'll drop the kush. Thanks for the heads up.

OfflineMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #226621 - 05/15/09 09:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i had a friend that used to grow NYC (sour) diesel for a club out here, and that shit was the bomb! :potleaf:

--------------------
I'm an electric smoker :gc:

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel Kush [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #226925 - 05/16/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

At what point in the grow should I begin to use my nutes? Ot should I be using them from the get go?

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: FugueRider]
    #232298 - 05/26/09 03:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well, all of my seeds germinated. Three of them however, died after I planted them. The guy that gave me the seeds said it may have been because the nutrients in the soil killed them, and to use neutral soil after germinating them next time.

At any rate, of the two survivors there is one that looks really strong (at least to me). They were feminized seeds, so I hope that the strong looking one is a female. Taking for granted that it is female, I am going to clone it in order to maximize my grow area (which can accomodate about seven to ten plants....depending on what size pots I use.

In the mean while, here is the strong one:

For now, I am wondering how big I should let this thing get before transplanting it. It is presently about five inches tall.

Edited by FugueRider (05/26/09 03:28 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #232300 - 05/26/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Did your seeds come from a seedbank, or were they made by your friend?
If your friend bred them himself, I'm curious to know what method he used to get fem seeds, and if they're from a seedbank, they're not the original Sour D cuz they weren't ever produced as a fem line.
Not trying to be negative, just wanna make sure you know what's up so you can make sure you've got what your buddy says you got.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: 81renaissance]
    #232303 - 05/26/09 03:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
If your friend bred them himself, I'm curious to know what method he used to get fem seeds, and if they're from a seedbank, they're not the original Sour D cuz they weren't ever produced as a fem line.
Not trying to be negative, just wanna make sure you know what's up so you can make sure you've got what your buddy says you got.

He bred them himself. I will have to ask him how he did it. It may be a while until I see him, but I'll ask him the next time we see each other. You've got me interested.

Edited by FugueRider (05/26/09 03:29 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #232308 - 05/26/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Cool!
Keep a close eye on those while they're in flower, fem plants can have tendency to herm, and the original Sour D is known for being hypersensitive to its environment and prone to throwing nanners; be doubly cautious.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#232319 - 05/26/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Sour D is...prone to throwing nanners; be doubly cautious.

Forgive me for not knowing the lingo...but what is a nanner? All I can think of is Jeff Dowder and Bud Dickman (if you're familiar with Phil Hendrie) joking about bananas, but calling them nanners since Bud is retarded, and I'm pretty sure you're not talking about that.

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

#232355 - 05/26/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

how many leafs did your plant have at 4 inches?

--------------------
Riots are the voices of the unheard.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Yungpunk]
    #232367 - 05/26/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

throwing nanners=a female plant developing male flowers that can seed your entire grow
aka herm-ing (for hermaphrodite)

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#232369 - 05/26/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yungpunk said:
how many leafs did your plant have at 4 inches?

The shoots had three leaves each. The ones that started growing yesterday and today have five each, and look like iconic marijuana leaves.

Is that what you mean? Because if you are wondering how many individual leaves the plant had, then I am really unsure.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#232370 - 05/26/09 05:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
throwing nanners=a female plant developing male flowers that can seed your entire grow
aka herm-ing (for hermaphrodite)

Hmmm, that is disturbing. Are they pretty evident? And if they start to grow, then can they be picked off so that the rest of the plant can keep flowering? Or does the entire plant "throw nanners" and then my grow (for at least that plant) would be worthless.

Also, could one clone from the same plant throw nanners, while another clone kept flowering just fine? Or will that just be the genetic trait of the plant.

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

#232373 - 05/26/09 05:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yeah total leafs, i had about 12 at three inches

--------------------

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#232380 - 05/26/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yungpunk said:
yeah total leafs, i had about 12 at three inches

That sounds about similar to what I had at that point. It is hard to say however, because over the last two days the plant really started to take off with a whole bunch of new growth.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #232528 - 05/26/09 07:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you can pick off a few male flowers, but if its severe you've just got to give it the chop.
As far as the grow, just keep an eye on it...if one herms they probably all will, but control what you can, make sure you don't have any light leaks in flower and keep the stress levels low.  You'll be ok.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#234068 - 05/29/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OK, I just transplanted. My plant has about six inches of height. The picture below isn't my own though. I didn't have the presence of mind to take my own picture while I was transplanting because I wanted to get it done with as quick as possible so as not to traumatize the plant. The roots in this image  (harvested from the internet) is almost what my roots looked like. My roots were maybe like about three quarters of what this one looks like.

I was pretty surprised. I didn't expect my roots to be that developed yet. Is that about normal? I am just curious. I have been using advanced nutrients, and their whole trip is getting the roots to be as strong and rotund as possible (from what I understand anyway). I started using them a while back, and have since been advised that I should have waited. But it is too late now. I started them off at about 250 ppm, and have slowly bumped it up to about 500 ppm so far. I am wondering if the nutes are worth the bread I laid down for 'em.

Also...the guys at the hydro shop said that 1200 ppm is the outer limit of where I would want to go. So I was going to slowly push the ppm's up to about 1000 and stop there. But I would like to throw that past the board and see what peoples think.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#235091 - 06/01/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Here is a pic of my plants this week. Actually, this is just one of 'em. The other one seems to be coming along fine, but the genetics just don't look as strong as this one. It is a lot wider than it is tall. At its widest point, it is barely shy of one foot wide, and the plant is five inches tall. I am pretty sure it is female. It has those characteristic "hair" looking things. I tried to take some pictures of it however, and my camera just ain't good enough. I gotta let the thing get bigger and then I'll post about the sex.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#235093 - 06/01/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The smell is already permeating my entire basement. My grow area is in a sealed closet in a closed back room in the basement. And as soon as I go down into the basement, I smell it. It doesn't smell very much like marijuana or anything...only faintly so. But it smells like..."fresh herb". It just smells great.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#236483 - 06/04/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FugueRider said:
Quote:

81renaissance said:

He bred them himself. I will have to ask him how he did it. It may be a while until I see him, but I'll ask him the next time we see each other. You've got me interested.

Ok, I saw my friend today. He explained the process but basically said he subjected the plants to excessive light along with a male plant...or something like that. I thought I would remember better what he said, but that is about as good as my recollection gets. He has a degree in botany though; runs a hydro shop and seems to really be confident in what he is doing. So that is that I guess.

:sun:  Peace  :sun:

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#237717 - 06/08/09 06:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Big Bummer - I woke up this morning and found that my light was off. I hurried off to the hydro shop to find out what was busted, and it turned out that my ballast was out. So I bought a new ballast. The bummer thing is that it is possible that my lights had been off for a little over twelve hours at that point. I can't know how long, but twelve is possible. The guy at the store said that if I got the plant back onto its veg cycle, that I ran the risk of my plants maybe becoming hermaphrodites (taking for granted that they are both females). So he said I should go ahead and start flowering them. It was my first day of summer school, and I really didn't want to miss the first day and fall behind. So I had to take his word for it and rush home to get the thing set up. I didn't have the time to post and check with others about the matter.

So at any rate, I started my plants on a flowering cycle today. I am kind of bummed because they were really starting to take off, and were growing nearly an inch a day. Anyway, one of them is thirteen inches tall and has six nodes. The other one is eleven inches tall and has five nodes. So I am committed now I guess. At any rate, here is what I got:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #237728 - 06/08/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Could have been worse.  At least your home didn't completely flood.  You can recover from the cycle disruption.  The plants look pretty good to me!  Keep us posted...

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #237732 - 06/08/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's all good. :ganja:

I've witnessed attempts to re-veg plants that were thrown into flowering accidentally and it's not pretty.
Better to flower now and then you'll have a nice tasty smoke for yourself in not too long. :tongue2::spliff:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: geokills]
    #237740 - 06/08/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the encouragement. I was hoping for about another foot and a half of growth before flowering. All is well however, I just gotta remember that this is my first time, to just chalk up everything to experience, have fun and keep a positive outlook on the matter.

Between mycology and now this, I am digging the idea of having so many living things around me. There isn't any science to it or anything, but it just makes me feel good. It seems to be affecting me in a positive way that I didn't foresee at all.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#238514 - 06/10/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

My grow space seems to have heated up from the upper eighties to the lower nineties (91 - 93) over the last few days. I have a fan blowing in there; my light has duct hooked up to it that sucks at least some of the heat it generates and expels it; and there is plenty of FAE getting there vis-a-vis some other duct work. I am leaving the windows in the basement open to that cooler air from the outside can fill the area where the duct work is sucking in FAE...and I still can't get the area below ninety. My plants look really great though, and are growing an inch a day or more now.

I am just unsure about this temperature matter and am wondering if the heat is to high, and if it will cause me unforeseen problems later on.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #238524 - 06/11/09 01:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FugueRider said:
I am just unsure about this temperature matter and am wondering if the heat is to high, and if it will cause me unforeseen problems later on.

The problems won't be unforeseen if we tell you about them now.

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Ojom]
    #238572 - 06/11/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

idk, my tub has gotten pretty hot in there before too, prolly close to the temps yours has reached, and my plant did ok, not saying to leave it like that cause something deff needs to be done BEFORE problems start, no need in putting yourself a week behind for nothing. In my tubs ive got a fan that pushes the air out the top of my unit, thats where most of the heat is so concentrate on the top of your closet blow the air up and out?? idk worked for me, just trying to think of a solution. let me go get high and see if i can think of something better lol

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#238723 - 06/11/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yungpunk said:
let me go get high and see if i can think of something better lol

Well, I hope your high was cool dude. I had to raise my light about another foot and a half higher than it already was. I also turned my fan I have in there one notch higher. That has brought everything down to about 84, and it is around 75 when the lights are off. So everything seems cool...for now.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#239945 - 06/15/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The genetics of these plants have really diverged. One is growing really tall...really fast, is a lot thinner, and is just under two feet tall.  The shorter one is a lot more bushy, has a lot more shoots and is about five inches shorter than the tall one.

BTW - How long does it usually take for the sex of the plants to clearly manifest.

Also, given the attributes of the plants [(tall and thinner) vs. (shorter and bushier)]...does anyone have any idea which on will be a heavier yielder? Or does it not really matter. Just an idle curiosity.

Edited by FugueRider (06/15/09 05:56 PM)

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #240583 - 06/18/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

usually just different phenotypes of the same strain. One more indica and the other more sativa. You'll know which one looks like it will yield more in the next few of weeks.

Edited by Integra21 (06/18/09 01:41 AM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Integra21]
    #240638 - 06/18/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah and raising the light that much plus flowering, those plants are going to stretch big time, as they already have...

Looking good so far though... Keep it up. I wanna see a harvest as I have a similar setup.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#241088 - 06/19/09 11:38 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

the difference in height is probably just due to genetics, but keep an eye on it, as males tend to stretch out and get a bit taller than females.  they do this in order to get above any females (in nature) and drop pollen down onto them.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Yrat]
    #241267 - 06/20/09 07:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
the difference in height is probably just due to genetics, but keep an eye on it, as males tend to stretch out and get a bit taller than females.  they do this in order to get above any females (in nature) and drop pollen down onto them.

How long into flowering does it take for the sex to become evident in the plants? I am about ten days into flowering now.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#241288 - 06/20/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you should be seeing signs soon.  males can sometimes show a bit earlier than females.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Yrat]
    #241291 - 06/20/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

after 3 weeks you'll know for sure, but usually earlier.

OfflineJMR

#241406 - 06/20/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good man.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #241457 - 06/20/09 09:52 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:All I can say is nice set-up man.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Triptonic]
    #242374 - 06/23/09 09:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

These two are of one of my plants:

These are of the other one:

I am thinking they are looking female. But since I are new, then I are seek help.:grin:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#242376 - 06/23/09 09:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Really hard to tell man, how old are they? Does it look like there are white hairs coming from where you took the pics?

Edited by triptonic (06/23/09 09:46 PM)

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#242381 - 06/23/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
Really hard to tell man, how old are they? Does it look like there are white hairs coming from where you took the pics?

Jesus! I just realized it has only been 15 days since I began flowering. The drudgery of two really difficult summer school courses makes it seem like it has been nearly a month.

I'll wait another week and then post pics again. I'll also look for the white hairs

As it turns out, it is probably good I had my little accident that forced flowering sooner than I wanted. Both plants are already 2x the height they were when I initiated flowering. One is already nearly four feet tall (I have tall pots though). With another six to eight weeks of flowering to go, my space won't be nearly tall enough. I guess I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it though.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#242382 - 06/23/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

haha nice man.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#242385 - 06/23/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

First one I can't tell cuz your cam is on the fritz and the 2nd looks like female hairs but just wait it out for another week and check again.

--------------------

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Inverted]
    #242406 - 06/23/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

They both look like females to me. Not the best camera work, but I can easily see hairs in both pictures.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#242415 - 06/24/09 12:18 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ojom said:
They both look like females to me. Not the best camera work, but I can easily see hairs in both pictures.

Don't confuse pistils with stigma...  They tend to look nearly like female hairs if you aren't quite comfortable with sexing plants... just a thought.  I recommend posting clearer pics in a day or few and I will for sure be able to tell then!  Until then get fucked up and try not to think about your babies!

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Inverted]
    #242419 - 06/24/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Ojom said:

Don't confuse pistils with stigma...  They tend to look nearly like female hairs if you aren't quite comfortable with sexing plants... just a thought.  I recommend posting clearer pics in a day or few and I will for sure be able to tell then!  Until then get fucked up and try not to think about your babies!

:thumbup:Agreed
This is a picture I took a while back when I had the same questions, that is where you look and you will see white hairs coming from there, its unmistakeable.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#242465 - 06/24/09 07:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ojom said:
Not the best camera work

My camera ain't the best camera is the problem I am having with pics of those things. I can't get in too close to take good pics, and if I am too far away then you can't tell anything. So after another week, Hopefully I will see if I am able to take pictures from maybe a few extra inches away so that they can be clearer pictures...and whatever I am taking pictures of will be big enough that they will come out ok.

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

#242476 - 06/24/09 09:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

anchor the tops down let them grow at a angle to buy you some height.?

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#245384 - 07/02/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, here are the pics of my plants for this week. My camera ain't the greatest, but I tried.

Here is the first one:

And here is the second one:

Can any old hands tell the sex yet? I am thinking female, but I am also not real sure of myself.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#245385 - 07/02/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Also, how long does it take into bloom for flowers to begin to appear?

I also have two observations about my plants.

- They have either stopped...or slowed waaayyyy down their rate of growth. Regardless, they ain't getting much bigger anymore.

-I have one single leaf that is covered in white. It rubs off really easily and smells like pot. But it is only one leaf.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing any word about the matter of sexing.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #245474 - 07/02/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

can i get a pic of the leaf?

and im like 99% sure that you have a female there, congrats :grin::thumbup:

agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Data]
    #245674 - 07/03/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

female

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#245691 - 07/03/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yungpunk said:
female

:headbanger: Righteouss! :headbanger:

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #245713 - 07/03/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yep, looks female.  You should notice an increase in odor and flowers beginning to appear within two weeks of changing your light cycle.  Typically, plants will go through a stretching phase right when you change the light cycle, then they stop growing taller and just begin to fatten out with the flowers.

You had better post a picture of the "one single leaf that is covered in white".  It sounds to me like you may have some fungal contamination and that leaf should probably be removed post haste if you have any doubt!

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#245739 - 07/03/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Yep, looks female.  You should notice an increase in odor and flowers beginning to appear within two weeks of changing your light cycle.  Typically, plants will go through a stretching phase right when you change the light cycle, then they stop growing taller and just begin to fatten out with the flowers.

You had better post a picture of the "one single leaf that is covered in white".  It sounds to me like you may have some fungal contamination and that leaf should probably be removed post haste if you have any doubt!

Well, you have obviously done this before. You basically have described my grow to a tee. I did go to look for that one leaf and couldn't find it anymore. I am 99 percent sure it is not fungus though. I am a pretty good mushroom grower, and it sure didn't look like fungus to me. To make sure though, I took out that plant and looked for it. What I noticed under a gentler light (than my grow light) is that ALL of my leaves are starting to develop that stuff. But it sparkles under the light...like tiny little crystals. No fungus that I have ever encountered has ever sparkled before. I wish I had a better camera to take pics of it. But mine wouldn't be able to focus as well as would be needed up close.

At any rate, if it is fungus then my grow is doomed because it has already completely taken over both plants. If it ain't fungus, then I abso-fucking-lutely CANNOT even wait to smoke this grass I'm growing. Cuz if it ain't fungus, then it's...whatever the white stuff is that grows on the buds and leaves of kick-ass marijuana plants. Also, all that I have to do is touch a leaf and my fingers smell like marijuana. If I rub my fingers against the stalks, then my fingers become sticky with some kind of resin, and the smell is very, very rich.

I recently traded some boomers for an eighth of the stuff I'm growing from the guy that gave me the seeds. It is so far and away the very best weed I have ever smoked in this life...and all my previous lives combined. I dropped some acid, and smoked while I went for about an eight hour hike with my dog. God, there is no describing this stuff. I just hope mine comes out as good as my friends.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#245741 - 07/03/09 01:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i would love to see a picture of this plant...it sounds amazing :eek:

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#245782 - 07/03/09 03:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
i would love to see a picture of this plant...it sounds amazing :eek:

I tried to take some pics, but I just can't get in close enough to show the crystals in a pic. I have only began to notice it in the last couple of days anyways. So it is not like its real obtuse. They are there though. I'll wait another week or two and then post some pics again. I'm ordering my magnifiying glass today though so that I be ready to keep on top of those trichomes when it comes time to be thinking about harvesting.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #245811 - 07/03/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds good then.  When you touch the sticky leaves, you're probably just poppin' all them li'l resin glands that are lofting up with the flowers.  Indeed, sounds like the dank!

Don't rub it all off now just to get the smell. :wink:  The smoke will be even better! :gethigh:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#245834 - 07/03/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Sounds good then.  When you touch the sticky leaves, you're probably just poppin' all them li'l resin glands that are lofting up with the flowers.  Indeed, sounds like the dank!

Don't rub it all off now just to get the smell. :wink:  The smoke will be even better! :gethigh:

Yeah! I ain't touchin' no more dude. When I first began to notice it..well, you can imagine that it felt pretty good to realize that I may be growing a couple of fairly iconic marijuana plants. So I just wanted to check.

When I dropped acid and was smokin' this stuff in the mountains...my whole trip turned into a pretty far out thing about being in ancient China, and being a gaurdian of his holy emperor's, (the gracious Lord of the realm and all that jazz) cannabis sativa fields.

Jesus man! I just can't wait for the harvest! I ain't going to touch it either until it has been immaculately dried and cured so that it is REEAAALLLL primo. Once that is done though, I'll have to set aside a special day to do nothing but just smoke and smoke.

Edited by FugueRider (07/03/09 10:34 PM)

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#246779 - 07/07/09 03:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So when should I be seeing buds. My plants appear to be female; there appears to resin production in the leaves and stalk, but it is still not flowering...and it has been one day shy of four weeks since I starteed flowering. The flowering times I have seen for this strain are between ten and eleven weeks...with some people going as many as fourteen. Should I be seeing flowers by now though?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #246815 - 07/07/09 04:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

pics?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineAudz

#246869 - 07/07/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Do your budsites have pistils blowing out of them like crazy? At four week along, if you're not seeing pistils, you either have a pure sativa that's taking it's time or something is seriously wrong. I'm presuming more of the former than the latter, so I'd say just give it time and they should turn into big fat buds.

But yes, pictures would be very nice!

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Audz]
    #247164 - 07/08/09 09:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'll get some pics and post them tonight.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#247263 - 07/08/09 03:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That will be the true test of what's going on here.  Anxious to see em'!

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #247280 - 07/08/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, four weeks and no signs of flowers yet?  That's pretty insane.  I've never been privy to watching over a pure sativa (which could explain my surprise), as all the sativa/indica hybrids I've seen have shown noticeable flowers within ten days of changing the light cycle to 12/12.

How often have you been feeding your plant?  With what?

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#247443 - 07/08/09 10:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Alright - This first pic is of the two plants looking healthy in general. I had to pull the really tall one over and tie it to the wall this morning since it is almost six feet tall now. (I turned it when it was under two feet.)

Here are some of the leaves looking nice and healthy...each leaf iss from a different plant.

Here are some of the chutes up top that have some pistols on them...but not very many:

I know these pics are kind of rough, I just can't get too close to be able to focus very well with my camera on the pistols.

Also, I am feeding it with Advanced Nutrients. I am using their sesni bloom 1 and 2; F1; H2; Big Bud and Bud Candy.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #247507 - 07/09/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Those things look sativa as FUCK!  Give 'em more time for sure.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#247515 - 07/09/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ya man actually I was going to ask you if I could use your pics for my thread here. to help people tell the difference between sativa's and indica's.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#247575 - 07/09/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
ya man actually I was going to ask you if I could use your pics for my thread here. to help people tell the difference between sativa's and indica's.

Have at it brother!

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#247577 - 07/09/09 06:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well cool y'all - Thanks for the posts. I am feeling better now. I would hate to go to all this work only to get nothing. It sounds like I am on the right track though. Ciao y'all.

:sun:  peace  :sun:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#247668 - 07/09/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like your pics are gone dude! lol at least for me. You should PM them over if ya can.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249618 - 07/15/09 07:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here are some pics as I end week five of flower. There is at least enough flowering action that I can get a decent pic with my camera. Overall however, I just feel worried...like something is broken with my grow. There is no light leak. I know that for certain. Maybe this strain just has a REALLY long flower time.

I posted on Roll it Up.org, and some guy told me to reduce the lighting to 6/18 to help induce flwering. What does anyone here think of that. I'm not going to do it unless I get other confirmation that it may work to get this thing going a little bit.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #249619 - 07/15/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

6/18 is overkill, but like I said before, that thing has all the visible appearances of a pure Sativa.  Those fan leaves look like razors; not the slightest bit of Indica influence there.
I also just re-read your post with the fan leaf pictures, and noted that your plant did a 3x stretch after the 12/12 switch.  This is also indicative of a very Sativa leaning pheno/strain.
Don't do 6/18-a dramatic change like that is begging for hermaphrodites; if you want to change your lighting schedule go to 11/13.  I've given this advice before, and I would expect that to help trigger flowering in an equatorial Sativa.

A question for you: I know originally you were calling these NYC Sour Diesel Kush and one of the members corrected you; at that point you just called them NYC Sour Diesel.  I'm curious as to whether you called them by these names b/c that's what the guy who gave them to you called them?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Edited by 81renaissance (07/15/09 07:57 AM)

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249752 - 07/15/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
A question for you: I know originally you were calling these NYC Sour Diesel Kush and one of the members corrected you; at that point you just called them NYC Sour Diesel.  I'm curious as to whether you called them by these names b/c that's what the guy who gave them to you called them?

The guy that gave them to me just said the seeds were NYCSD. For some reason, I thought he said NYCSD Kush. I am the one that added the kush in there...and then retracted it. Since then, I asked him so I could be sure (I see him once very couple of months or so)...and he said they were NYCSD. He said he feminized them himself.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249758 - 07/15/09 05:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
...that thing has all the visible appearances of a pure Sativa.  Those fan leaves look like razors; not the slightest bit of Indica influence there.

I also just re-read your post with the fan leaf pictures, and noted that your plant did a 3x stretch after the 12/12 switch.  This is also indicative of a very Sativa leaning pheno/strain.

There seem to be two pretty distinct phenotypes (I think I am using the vocabulary correctly) between the two plants. One has stretched about one and a half times so far. It is the one with the slightly fatter fan leaves (the pic that has eleven leaves on the fan leaf). The other one is the one that has stretched nearly 4x now, and has the super thin leaves. That one just keeps going. I bent it sideways as much as I dared and pinned it to the wall once it overtook my grow light. Now a bunch of chutes are stretching towards the light, and look like they could overtake the height of the light within two to three weeks if they keep growing.

The flowering on both plants however, is identical. I'm going to go with it I guess. What else am I going to do? I've searched and searched on the matter. I have read of flowring times on sativa plants that are as long as sixteen weeks. I have read flowering times on NYSD (if that is what I really have) as long as fourteen weeks. So maybe I just have to wait it out. We shall see I guess.

I'm just biting my nails a little bit. Plus when I spend too much time studying my calculus, I tend to get depressed...so I wrote last night after a long stretch of wrapping my mind around infinite series. So I was pretty sad by the time the evening was through.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #249765 - 07/15/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

truthfully, if you have a 100 day flowering pheno it isn't any good commercially speaking, but if you can wait it out it will PAY OFF big time as head stash.
:2cents:
Oh yeah, and you did use the term "phenotype" correctly.  :congrats:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249795 - 07/15/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
truthfully, if you have a 100 day flowering pheno it isn't any good commercially speaking, but if you can wait it out it will PAY OFF big time as head stash.

Yeah, everyone says it is going to be pretty solid once it is done. I have smoked some of something pretty similar and it was just awesome. I am going to order some more seeds however, of something with a more normal flowering time...so that by the time this is done, my new plants might be ready to turn, or at least close to it.

You got any suggestions for a potent...high yielding strain? Preferably a Sativa/indica mix. I dont' dig that total body stone of a heavy Indica.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #249800 - 07/15/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

DJ Shorts Blueberry is available at Seedboutique.com as is his Grape Krush...both of these are sat/ind hybrid and DJ is known for breeding really happy strains. These would be my #1 choice!
If the 150 dollar price tag is too much, THSeeds S.A.G.E. is said to be GREAT party weed for only $80, and if that's still too much you can get Mr. Nice Seeds "Shit" for around $50.  Mr Nice is one of the original breeders from the '70s and their gear is very well known and reliable...Neville and Shantibaba are kind of the fathers of modern cannabis breeding.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Edited by 81renaissance (07/15/09 07:34 PM)

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249813 - 07/15/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Cool Dude - Yeah, if I can get a good yield out of this grow, that would be cool, and then I'll get moving on whatever I choose. Thanks for your input.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #249864 - 07/16/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I think your yield is gonna be shit (to be frank) but the quality should be awesome

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#249941 - 07/16/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
I think your yield is gonna be shit (to be frank) but the quality should be awesome

Yeah - That's what I'm afraid of too. Live and learn though eh? Things seemed to be going a little too smoothly for me. There simply had to be some kind of noob curve thrown in there...if only to keep me humble or something. Well, my new seeds are ordered, so I'm going to jump on something easier to grow.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #250036 - 07/16/09 01:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What did you order?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#253587 - 07/23/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I went for the "Strong Marijuana Pack" from marijuana-seeds.nl. It came with ten each of White Widow, Ice, and Crystal. It was under a hundred dollars for all of them (not feminized) so I went for it. They said they also send five free marijuana seeds with each order. They sent them, but they aren't labeled, so I have no idea what they are. I guess they could be ditch weed seeds for all I know. (Although I doubt it).

On another note. My plants are slowly flowering...slowly being the operative word here. They are now four times bigger than when I turned them and still growing fast. I have them both bent way over and tied to the wall, and will grow them in a spiral around the room until they finish. God man, if these keep growing at the rate they have been growing, and they take say...twelve weeks to finish (if they ever do finish). Then the taller one will be around twelve feet tall, and the smaller one will be around eight. What an adventure huh?! Regardless if they finish or not, I'm going to have a weird spiraled marijuana tree in my closet. I guess that's worth something eh?

Whelp! I've had waaayyy tooo much coffee, and need to get back to studying. Peace.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Peace.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#253592 - 07/23/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

They shipped fast too. I ordered 'em on the sixteenth, and they got here today. It is very cool the way they do it. I even got a cheesy CD with 'em!

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #253698 - 07/23/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I ordered my Blue mystic and Mango from there a couple of weeks ago. Nice shipping right(the time and packaging method). The 5 free seeds you get are Mazar x Afghan. IIts supposed to be an Canabiss cup 2nd place winner crossed with Afghan to increase the yield. I planted one of each of mine and all 3 sprouted.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #253763 - 07/23/09 11:59 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/251112

I have not been hearing good things about that seedbank.
Next time I would go with an established breeder.
If you got those strains for under a bill, I doubt that they are the genetics they claim to be.
Keepin it real.
Remember...established breeders/banks ALWAYS.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#254963 - 07/25/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/251112

I have not been hearing good things about that seedbank.
Next time I would go with an established breeder.
If you got those strains for under a bill, I doubt that they are the genetics they claim to be.
Keepin it real.
Remember...established breeders/banks ALWAYS.

Bummer, I got their name from this site...on a thread where people posted about good seed banks. Everybody was real positive about 'em. We'll see I guess.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#254974 - 07/25/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here are some pics. I think up until now, I have been thinking that the buds were new leaves that were growing. I thought that the pistils would just keep on sprouting, and then somehow become the buds. I opened up my closet this morning and thought "Jesus, those look like buds"! What do y'all think. The pics may not be good enough. If they are not, then I will wait another week and post some fresh ones.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #254978 - 07/25/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

sure looks like the start of pistils to me. In a week it should be more obvious. And I still wouldnt worry to much about the seed bank. My seeds were nothing like what the person bashing the site got. Mine looked great.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#254983 - 07/25/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Integra21 said:
sure looks like the start of pistils to me. In a week it should be more obvious. And I still wouldnt worry to much about the seed bank. My seeds were nothing like what the person bashing the site got. Mine looked great.

I guess I'm unclear about what pistils are. I thought pistils were the brown and white looking hairs that come out of the node areas...before budding begins.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#255040 - 07/25/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

They do...but they will come out of a little green pouch-looking calyx...they are usually all white to begin with..and become brown with age. These little hairs are the pollen catchers for the "ovaries" in the calyx. Not to be confused with stipules...which are small green hairs that poke out of node areas...but are usually thicker and easily distinguishable from the pistils.

The plant looks amazing btw...I would love to grow something that sativa...and waste just under half a year for some dynamite bud...:grin:

But for now im stuck with bagseed...and hopefully mandala soon...

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#259303 - 08/03/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well, my two plants started budding just fine. One of them is still budding just fine. Of the two plants, it is the one I always thought was stronger and the more vibrant of the two. Here are pics of that one.

The one that has kind of halted its budding process appears to be dieing. I have no idea why. There is no mold. I haven't changed the nutrient/feeding cycles. It just has kind of halted its growth and now appears to be dieing. The leaves are curling up, and are turning brown in some spots. It looks like nutrient burn, but I am pretty sure it can't be because nothing has changed in terms of nutes.

It is not a huge deal because I wasn't planning on using those genetics anymore anyway. That plant has been stretching like a maniac. It is like a border collie that really just needs to be outside. So I have a bunch of clones from the strong plant that are ready to turn as soon as this flowering cycle is through. I thought the flowering would be through sooner than it is, so those clones are getting a little bit bigger than I would like...given the way the other ones stretched. It would have been nice though to get a swell harvest of smoke from it. I don't know what I can do though unless someone here has some ideas.

Well, that is all for this week. I'll keep checking in for any ideas about what to do about this plant that seems to be dieing.

Peace.

Edited by FugueRider (08/03/09 09:32 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#259305 - 08/03/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Nice hands dude!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #259307 - 08/03/09 09:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:rotfl:

nice looking ladies!  wanna sex em up!  mucho mucho

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #260301 - 08/05/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have solved the problem with the dieing plant. It was just too close to the lamp...duh. The other, stronger looking plant is the same distance and had no problems, so I didn't think the one might be affected.

My plants seem a lot more touchy as flowering continues. I talk to them everyday though, and try to figure out what they need. They seem to need a whole lot more water recently. Is this normal during flowering? I'm not worried or anything...just curious. For sure though, a de-chlorinater is on the menu for next time. This buying bottled water is absurd. It is ok with two plants, but if I was to have like six plants or something, then if would become waaaaay to expensive.

Also, when do trichomes begin to appear. Given that I am not entirely positive of the genetics of my plant other than to know that it is a very sativa strain of weed...I guess I need to ask the question from the standpoint of, how many weeks before harvest do the trichomes begin to appear? I would like to give my plants a good week and a half to two weeks to flush all the nutes out.

Peace

Edited by FugueRider (08/05/09 08:41 PM)

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#266363 - 08/16/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Here is the status of things. My plants seem to be doing pretty well. Here are some pics of how they look. Of the two plants, one is definitely going to be a significantly heavier yielder. I have about eight clones of that one that are vegging under flourescents, and that are ready to turn as soon as I harvest these. So these are pics of that plant.

Both of my plants have started to show trichomes during the last week. I went out today and bought one of those little pocket microscopes from Radio Shack that magnifies to 100x. The trichomes are iconic little mushroom looking things, and maybe five to ten percent of them are starting to turn milky.

So my question now is when I should start flushing nutes. I have heard to start flushing as soon as I start seeing milky trichomes, but would like to check in before I go ahead and start flushing.

So what do y'all think?

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

#266365 - 08/16/09 09:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Nice first grow buddy! :billymaythumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: Cannaboid]
    #266495 - 08/17/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:ganja:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow - NYC Sour Diesel [Re: jwes420]
    #275398 - 09/05/09 07:43 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well, this whole project turned out to be just really shitty. Off of both plants, I got less than an ounce. Plus, the god damned harvest doesn't even smell like weed. The buds are sticky, there were trichomes and I harvested when they were milky. There just weren't that many. It is drying right now, and I'll test some out when it is dry. I rather suspect that it will be like smoking dried grass from the lawn.

I have no idea why that whole grow was so ass-fucking broken. My clones from the same strain were getting too big, so I turned them about three weeks ago. They weren't even getting all that much light because they were under the canopy of the two big plants. They began to flower in a little UNDER two weeks. The same fucking strain last time took like eight weeks or something before they even began to show flowers.

I expected my first grow to have some problems and to be a learning experience in general. The problem is that I don't really know what I learned. I have NO idea why that grow was so terrible. I know it isn't the strain either because I have smoked weed from that strain. The same guy who gave me the seeds gave me a little bit of it to try out...and it is killer man.

There was no light leak...I physically got inside of the closet and had my wife shut up the whole area just like I do when the plants are on night cycle...no light coming.. The whole thing is really mystifying.

So I'm going to try one more time with this strain since my plants seem to be doing very well and are speedily flowering along. I'm not going to do a full log though. I'll check in with this log after that harvest and post about my results. For now however, this log is DUN!

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#335967 - 12/24/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I gave my buds plenty of time to cure, and finished off some other weed while I waited for that. If you followed this thing, the first grow sucked. The second grow got me a very generous sack. I also used all the leavings and made several grams of hash oil.

So school finally ended, so I finally gave my weed a test drive. Man, this stuff is killer. I dont' care what anybody says about it looking like some Mexican fuckin' ditch weed. This stuff is brutal! I've started to loosely pack a bowl, and then warm up my syringe full of hash oil, and just sort of drizzle the oil all over the bowl.

Maaaaaaaan, I take one good long pull on my pipe...Hoooo-Boy! I am    G O N E!

Thsi whole proposition has been W E L L  worth it. It is surely worth six months or so of a learning curve to be able to grow this kind of exquisite marijuana on my own.

So anyway, thanks growery! You helped get me a long way with this stuff.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#335972 - 12/24/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

:w0ahhhhmahnnn:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds