Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepoke smot!
Is it 420 yet?
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Rolling a blunt, a pictorial
    #2217 - 04/20/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The growery wouldn't be complete without a good blunt rolling guide so I'll contribute mine here. Actually in 2005 I made this guide with pictures from 03, on how to roll blunts.

Quote:

poke smot! said:
I happened to remember taking these pics a long ass time ago.

For starters, an absolute must is a Dutch Master, master's collection are the best IMO. Nugs are a must, but middies will do as long as you remove all the prickly stems.

Now typically I just find the end of the leaf, wet the edges where the leaf wraps around, and then carefully unwrap the leaf. Alternatively, you could cut the end off and then find where the leaf begins and unwrap. Then, find the end of the cancer paper (small strip near the end of the blunt) and peel that off. Finally, crack or cut the blunt down the seam.

Once you have a full leaf paper, you can separate the pieces and remove the large veins of the leaf. This makes for a clean-looking blunt that burns evenly.

If you have phillies of any flavor (chocolate's my fav), then just cut or crack the blunt straight down. With experience you will learn where to cut the blunt, so that the outer wrapper (which is just tobacco paper, not leaf, in the case of phillies), comes off without too much trouble. Empty blunt guts in an appropriate location.

Note: Read that last bit over again. Separating the outer leaf or paper from the inside paper is essential to having a good blunt, again, IMHO. And again, with a dutchie cutting or cracking it isn't the way! Unwrap the leaf paper. We'll refer to this again later.

Next, grind or break up your shit, remove seeds and stems, again esp. with middies those dry sharp pricklies that will tear through the blunt paper.

Now, take that underneath blunt paper. If you are rolling a slim blunt with a dutchie and you so happened to cut it along that seam, you can tear off the quarter-inch strip where the paper previously connected (in other words, it's the part where it's double thickness paper).

Take a drink of water. Hydration is always good. Then, lick the inside of the blunt paper to moisten it. Of course, this is in front of the to-be contents of the blunt, evenly spread out. If you have a large quantity to roll, you can use the whole length of the blunt. With a smaller amount, it is possible to just shorten that blunt paper.

And simply move the green to the paper, placing it near the bottom.

Pick up the whole paper with the shit on top, this gets easy with experience. It is possible to perform this blunt rolling on a CD case in any location, if you get it right.

Place your index fingers at either end of the stash and use your thumbs to hold the bottom of the blunt paper. You use your ring fingers to pull the rest of the blunt paper around the trees. If you were to set the masterpiece down right then and take a picture it would look like this:

And you would use your ring finger to hold the top of the blunt paper, so that you could use your index finger of the same hand to roll the blunt, as so:

At this point, start holding the end of the blunt (with contents secured at this point, at that end), with your pinky finger. Then use your ring, middle, and index fingers to roll the length of the blunt in the same manner. Then, using your thumbs, continue to roll the blunt towards the other end of the paper.

When you have about a quarter inch of paper left to roll, wet the length of both top and bottom sides (which will meet when you finish rolling it up). Then flip your thumbs over again. I encourage you to develop your own style, personally each time it is a different experiment. The goal is to get an even inside blunt holding some smoking material. It doesn't have to be perfect though! This is the art of rolling a blunt, and as long as you can get the leaf papers on evenly you can make any style blunt. Take this even-thickness blunt work-in-progress:

Hey, I've sometimes rolled the inside paper at an angle to make it like a bob marley joint, but blunt style. This is good for rolling a large amount. Hey, if you do this, just twist the larger end so no weed falls out in the next step.

Now... You have these pieces of leaf. You can get creative but I tend to stick to putting the pieces of leaf back on in the order they were originally rolled. The first piece is a nice triangle with some of the bottom chopped off.

Salivation time. Wet the inside of the leaf. Now, choose an end of our work-in-progress to be the end you smoke from. Wet the area that the leaf is about to be rolled onto, but not too liberally.

Then just line up leaf and blunt-in-progress:

By the way, that's a relatively short dutchie now that I notice.

So you then roll the blunt upwards, like you were rolling a pen away from you on a desk. But in this case you are just using your index fingers and thumbs to roll the leaf onto the blunt-in-progress. When neccesary to ensure leaf stickage, lick along where blunt and leaf meet. Once you have the first paper on, move on to the second piece of leaf you have:

You did save that leaf right? I've had people toss this critical part on me before.

About amount of leaf... If you use all of the leaf on a small blunt like the one pictured, it will burn differently than a full-length blunt with the same amount of leaf. Alltogether, those Master's Collection dutchies burn the longest.

So you add the final piece of leaf as before, but this time lined up with the end of the blunt:

It's as easy as it looks with experience. Those pics are from 2003, I've changed my blunt rolling style and am half tempted to make a video-tutorial some time just for fun.

Oh yeah, don't forget to dry with a lighter, not burn to a crisp but enough to get rid of some of the wetness. Optionally, nuke the blunt for 5-7 seconds before drying.

Light how you like, I guarantee you'll enjoy if you manage to accomplish all of the above.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleToiletduk
Head Goon

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: poke smot!]
    #2253 - 04/20/08 04:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I've never smoked a blunt. I've smoked many a regulation joint-type joints before, though.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: Toiletduk]
    #2324 - 04/20/08 05:03 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

blunts are great when you have the extra weed. THanks for the informative post poke smot!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineScYiNs47
_"MiDwEsT FLEsh"->
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chi-Town, USA
Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #2354 - 04/20/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'm quite partial to the wraps myself. But that's just me...

--------------------
--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: ScYiNs47]
    #2366 - 04/20/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Garcia Vega - English Corona

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblepoke smot!
Is it 420 yet?
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #4768 - 04/21/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Hey I'm glad to help people unwrap the mysteries of blunts!
I actually found a video tutorial today, on how to roll dutches. It's well-produced and follows the same method I described above. The one difference is that in the video they don't remove the veins in the leaf. As I said above this step is optional.

InvisibleThreeLittleBirds
A Guy
Male

#4771 - 04/21/08 09:14 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I can't do blunts, I don't like tobacco. I used to though, but not pleasant for me anymore.

--------------------

"Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true........"

Invisibletrendal

Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: ThreeLittleBirds]
    #4798 - 04/21/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Even a blunt rolled with nothing but herb??? :shocked:

I can't stand cigarette smoke anymore...even a single puff will send me running for the toilette! Blunts are still fine, though, and I smoke them all the time. I don't seem to have any problem with the wraps themselves...maybe because the don't have all that shit in them that they put in cigarettes?

OfflineCompass
King of Hemp
Male User Gallery

Loc: where the hemp grows
    #4815 - 04/21/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: trendal]
    #4816 - 04/21/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

that looks nothing like how i roll

cigarillos ftw

dutchamster vanilla/grape swisher cigarillos  :thumbup:

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineWeed

Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: Compass]
    #4820 - 04/21/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'll roll a mean rillo blunt, they are so easy to roll. I dont do anything like it says in this pictoral, not to say its bad or anything.

Usually we buy a rillo, cut it down the middle, take out the tobacco, put in some finely ground weed, roll it, and use the joy of saliva to stick it back together. It usually smokes like a charm too.

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
    #4826 - 04/21/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Nice work! :thumbup:

--------------------
Bastard greedy for salvia, want me to cheat, take advantage of a friend shroomerite G!

Tangerines said: "Real men quit cold turkey - alone in their rooms with no drugs."

OK so ... where is everyone? This place is so dead lately!

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: Weed]
    #4866 - 04/21/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Weed said:
I'll roll a mean rillo blunt, they are so easy to roll. I dont do anything like it says in this pictoral, not to say its bad or anything.

Usually we buy a rillo, cut it down the middle, take out the tobacco, put in some finely ground weed, roll it, and use the joy of saliva to stick it back together. It usually smokes like a charm too.

--------------------
niteowl said:
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?

Offlinexshadowmage666x
mr. to you
Male

Loc: far away...
    #4871 - 04/21/08 10:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ScYiNs47 said:

Yes i agree. Wraps FTW!

I will and do smoke blunts but prefer joints and bowls over them...

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

OfflineRelapse

Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: still beLIEve]
    #4873 - 04/21/08 10:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, I don't take the outside paper off and then put it back on. I just leave it on while I roll it.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #4875 - 04/21/08 10:59 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

wraps ftl!!!!!

they are WAYYYYYY to big (i even tear 1/3 off the rillo usually). i can prob make 3 blunts out of every blunt wrap. too much to smoke for me. plus stems bust through on the wraps so much easier. i also just like busting the rillo.

wraps do got the best flavors though

--------------------
niteowl said:

OfflineRelapse

Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: still beLIEve]
    #4878 - 04/21/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, wraps have nice flavors, but they are so thin

Offlinehighc

#4951 - 04/21/08 12:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ScYiNs47 said:

indeed....blunts are the classic but i dont roll anything but a wrap. preferably royal blunt

Offlinemadtowntripper
Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: highc]
    #4971 - 04/21/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I rarely smoke blunts, but it's always with a wrap when I do.

They have these wet mango ones at the school store, and they are so fucking delicious.

OfflineChronica

Loc: Canada
Re: Rolling a blunt, a pictorial [Re: madtowntripper]
    #4980 - 04/21/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I smoke normal blunts and wraps and prefer the wraps tbh.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order