Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
[CA Prop 215] MMJ Dispensary Discussion Thread
    #190749 - 01/30/09 12:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It probably would not do to have discussions of other state's dispensaries in another's thread. Dispensary discussion in other states should be in its own thread.

So this thread is to start discussion and reviews of legally operating dispensaries and collectives that have been personally attended by the poster, who is presumed to be a qualified patient under Prop 215 within California.

If a sub-forum is created in which to more easily discuss individual dispensaries, then we can transfer information from this thread into individual threads regarding each dispensary.

What should be posted:
  • Name
  • Parking situation
  • Security
  • Ease of verification / first time - YOU MUST BRING YOUR ORIGINAL REC. THE FIRST TIME AND YOU MUST HAVE VALID CALIFORNIA ID EVERY TIME.
  • Approximate number of strains
  • Variety of strains
  • Price range
  • Staff experience - how knowledgeable is the staff?
  • Staff service - how good was the service you received?
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Any other helpful comments!

So I'll start this one out, and hopefully it becomes full of info.

--------------------
I'm an electric smoker :gc:

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Edited by MistaUNGA (01/30/09 03:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
TLMD [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #190752 - 01/30/09 12:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

• Name - TLMD

• Location - Valley Village, CA (just north of the 101, between Coldwater and Laurel Canyon)

• Last time attended - 1/30

• Parking situation - Parking in the rear, entrance in the rear

• Security - VERY secure - Security guards, metal detectors

• Ease of verification / first time - They do pre-verification, so calling ahead makes it a breeze! Fill out the paperwork, and you're on you're way in! First time patients get a free joint.

• Approximate number of strains - 60-80 strains AT ALL TIMES. Usually around 20 different OG Kushes among a plethora of others.

• Variety of strains - From the highest quality medicine to mid grade to lower-mid grade. No shwag. Even the lower end meds are still of good quality. They have excellent quality control. They do not carry clones, concentrates or edibles.

• Price range - 1/8ths are capped at $65 for the absolute top shelf, most OGs are $60, some as low as $45. Lower end strains from ~$30. Better price breaks for more quantity. Ounce prices of $30 1/8ths as low as $200 on some sale days!

• Staff experience - how knowledgeable is the staff? - Very knowledgeable staff, will go to to great lengths of detailed information if you care to know.

• Staff service - how good was the service you received? - Patient service is number 1 here. Everybody is treated fairly, no preferential treatment. There are also 2 vending machines, one filled with grams, and the other with ounces, half ounces, quarters, and joints.

• Overall satisfaction - I have been going since it opened, and can't stay away! I absolutely love this place!

• Any other helpful comments! - They do not hook up on weight, so don't be disappointed if an 1/8th weighs 3.5g and not 3.7. The prices are great tho and very high quality always! They also have sales, usually once a month, and THAT is the time to check it out! You'll find amazing price breaks, free pizza, sometimes meds at cost for what they get them, plus always free gifts. I've gotten ash trays, lighters, joints, the Christmas sale they gave each patient a half gram of 4 different strains, a magnifying glass to check the weed out, glass containers, a pint glass, coasters, and more! They also sell glass pipes, bongs, and all the above mentioned goodies! It is located adjacent to Joe Peep's Pizza, so you can grab a slice when you go! Lastly, there is always good music playing in the room.

Edited by MistaUNGA (01/30/09 04:02 PM)

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Foothill Wellness Center [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #190788 - 01/30/09 03:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

• Name - Foothill Wellness Center

• Location - 7132 Foothill Blvd, Tujunga, CA  91042 / 818.352.3388

• Last Time Attended - December 2008

• Parking Situation - Plenty in a private lot as well as on the street.

• Security - Locked Main Door / Locked Waiting Room Door / Cameras

• Ease of Verification / First Time - Must bring ORIGINAL recommendation (no photocopies).  Will call to verify and issue a personal FWC ID number for future use.

• Approximate Number of Strains - 24

• Variety of Wares - There are usually two or three nice strains, but the majority are typically not anything special (by California standards anyway :wink:).  They will sell shake on the cheap, as well as edibles (cupcakes, rice crispy treats, oreo hashers most common).  No live plants/clones. Small selection of glassware & papers.

• Price Range - $20 max on 1g quantity, $60 max on 1/8oz quantity. $5 edibles.

• Staff Experience - Somewhat disengaged on detailed discussion of individual marijuana strains.

• Staff Service - Friendly and accomodating.

• Overall Satisfaction - 7/10 - There are not many dispensaries in this area of town, so it is appreciated, even though there are certainly better alternatives if you are willing to drive farther out.

• Any other Helpful Comments! - Rarely busy, but don't arrive during the opening hour on weekends as they may open late and there can be a morning rush.  Sunday (and sometimes Fri/Sat) are 4g eigth days.  In December, they were in the habit of giving out a free 2" glass spoon pipe or lighter with your purchase.  On the 20th of each month, they will give additional freebies to the first 100 or 150 customers.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Reseda Discount Caregivers [Re: geokills]
    #190839 - 01/30/09 04:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i know some people that go to FWC. they really like it too.

• Name - RDC (Reseda Discount Caregivers)

• Location - Reseda, CA (just north of the 101, on Reseda Blvd.)

• Last time attended - December 2008

• Parking situation - Parking lot in the front, stree parking also

• Security - Security guards, metal detectors, locked entrances

• Ease of verification / first time - They do pre-verification, so calling ahead makes it a breeze! Fill out the paperwork, and you're on you're way in!

• Approximate number of strains - 20-30

• Variety of strains - From the highest quality medicine to mid grade to lower-mid grade. No shwag. Even the lower end meds are still of good quality. They have excellent quality control. They  carry clones, lots of concentrates and lots of edibles, including cannabutter.

• Price range - 1/8ths are capped at $65 for the absolute top shelf. Lower end strains from ~$30+. Better price breaks for more quantity. Edibles are $7, or 3 for $20. Concentrates range from $15/g for some kiefs to $40-50 per gram for some waxes and such.

• Staff experience - how knowledgeable is the staff? - They know their medicines well, and will be able to tell you whatever you need to know about it!

• Staff service - how good was the service you received? - Staff is very friendly, and service is very quick. They have grams and eighths already weighed out and bottled, but will gladly go to the back to make you an ounce or whatever.

• Overall satisfaction - Very good club! Recommended!

• Any other helpful comments! - They've got a nice variety from low to high grade, good prices, and great service.

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Liberty Bell Temple [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #190842 - 01/30/09 04:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

• Name - Liberty Bell Temple

• Location - Silverlake, CA (just west of the 5, off Fletcher Dr.)

• Last time attended - Jan 2008

• Parking situation - You must park on the street around the corner, or at one of the supermarket parking lots within the vicinity. The Gelson's on the next block has security.

• Security - VERY secure - Security guards, locked entrances

• Ease of verification / first time - They do pre-verification, so calling ahead makes it a breeze! Fill out the paperwork, and you're on you're way in!

• Approximate number of strains - 10-20

• Variety of strains - All high quality medicine. From OG Kush to fresh outdoor.

• Price range - Most eighths are $45, 50, or 55. They may occasionally have one for $60, but I think I've only seen that once or twice, usually it's capped at 55. They also sometimes have eighths for $35+. They do not give price breaks for quantity. Edibles are $10 and are guaranteed by them to work. Concentrates from $15/g to $25/g.

• Staff experience - how knowledgeable is the staff? - They will tell you whatever you need to know!

• Staff service - how good was the service you received? - They are great people there, very nice and fun.

• Overall satisfaction - Great club!

• Any other helpful comments! - There is a smoking lounge with couches, several bongs from 1ft to 4ft, a volcano, music, TV etc. Sometimes there is a very large dog, Dibo. Don't worry, he is friendly if you are. Very nice Rastafarian ministry. It is located directly behind Burrito King, but do not allow parking there (it's for the restaurant).

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
TLMD SALE!!! [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #195631 - 02/13/09 04:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

TLMD is having a sale this weekend, Sat 2/14 9-9, Sun 2/15 1-9, Mon 2/16 9-5! Great prices, giveaways, free food!

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:

OfflineCrasher
2 places at once

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Liberty Bell Temple [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #195926 - 02/14/09 02:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

• Name - Blue Sky Coffee Shop

• Location - Oakland, CA (down the street from Oaksterdam University)

• Last time attended - Feb 2009

• Parking situation - metered parking only.

• Security - VERY secure - Security guards, locked entrances

• Ease of verification / first time - Just had to show the ID card issued from the OCBC, now known as Patient ID center

• Approximate number of strains - 5-10

• Variety of strains - Not too shabby, They were hyping their Super Silver Haze (with good reason,) but had just sold out of several diesel strains.

• Price range -eighths oh high grade are $44, mids $35 Edibles are $10. Kief was 20 for a small magnifier box.
  • Staff experience Spot on.

• Staff service Awesome. Coffee shop in front has great service.

• Overall satisfaction - I enjoyed it.

• Any other helpful comments! - Enjoy a nice cup of coffee with your favorite edibles.

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

Re: [CA Prop 215] MMJ Dispensary Discussion Thread [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #195928 - 02/14/09 03:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Name- Grass Roots

Location-San Francisco

Last time attended-Feb 09

Parking situation-  Its SF, parking sucks. I always ride my bike there

Security- Not the greatest part of town, but you always get let in immediately by the doorman.

Ease of verification / first time - I got verified a long time ago so I cant remember the first visit.  I get in with just my doctors rec

Approximate number of strains- 30-40, at least 20 types of hash

Variety of strains-  Very good variety, you can always find something good no matter what you like.

Price range 60-7 per eighth

Staff experience - how knowledgeable is the staff?  Its hit or miss.  Some people are idiots and some are VERY helpful and knowledgable.

Staff service - how good was the service you received?  Its mixed, some are assholes, some are very nice, it all depends on the individual.

Overall satisfaction 9/10, This dispensary is one of my favorites and the only place I buy hash from, their selection of concentrates is the best I have seen anywhere

Any other helpful comments!  Spend at least 50 bucks and get 10% off your total purchase.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: [CA Prop 215] MMJ Dispensary Discussion Thread [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #195985 - 02/14/09 05:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Has anyone seen BOG seeds or clones in SF or SoCal?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [CA Prop 215] MMJ Dispensary Discussion Thread [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #196134 - 02/14/09 11:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

wuts BOG?

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

Re: [CA Prop 215] MMJ Dispensary Discussion Thread [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #196199 - 02/15/09 10:41 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Bushy Old Grower?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: [CA Prop 215] MMJ Dispensary Discussion Thread [Re: ltd]
    #196260 - 02/15/09 03:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, he was a breeder that distributed some stellar products.  Here's a sample of his genetics.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineCrasher
2 places at once

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [CA Prop 215] MMJ Dispensary Discussion Thread [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #197755 - 02/19/09 10:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

you need to try the Jabba the Hut hash/oil/kief thing they have at Grass Roots.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

SCI [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #207866 - 03/23/09 08:57 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

• Name - SCI

• Location - 10037 Commerce Ave., Tujunga, CA 91042 - 818.273.4567

• Last Time Attended - March 2009

• Parking Situation - Plenty of street parking.

• Security - Locked Main Door / Locked Waiting Room Door / Cameras

• Ease of Verification / First time - Must bring original documentation and California ID, will call to verify while you fill out four pages of signing/initialing disclaimers and agreements.

• Approximate Number of Strains - 15

• Variety of Wares - Most of the strains are of high quality, includes a few types of hash, pre-rolled joints, honey-dipped nugs, limited glassware and some other stuff that I'm probably forgetting.  All in all, a nice selection.

• Price Range - $20 gram, $50 - $60 on 1/8oz quantity (with $5 off for each additional 1/8oz).  $5 pre-rolled joints.

• Staff Experience - Very engaged and willing to discuss detailed personal perceptions.

• Staff Service - Enthusiastic, friendly and helpful.  Great staff!

• Overall Satisfaction - 9/10 - This one is just down the street from the Foothill Wellness Center that I previously reviewed, and offers quite a bit better selection, cleaner atmosphere and friendlier staffers.

• Any other Helpful Comments! - Get a free gram of your choice on the first visit.  They also offered myself (and everyone else who stopped by that night) free drinks (water & sodas) just for walking in.  They also have a "guess the weight" game, where if you can accurately guess the weight of a random item, you'll get a nice prize.  Included free papers and a lighter with my purchase of 1/8oz.  Open 9am to 9pm.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: SCI [Re: geokills]
    #210758 - 03/31/09 07:42 PM (15 years, 7 hours ago)

anyone know which club is best in sacramento?

--------------------
MARIJUANNNANNANNNANNNANNNANNANNANNNNNANANANAAAAAAAAA!!!!

MY GROW

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Re: [CA Prop 215] MMJ Dispensary Discussion Thread (moved) [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #428167 - 06/03/10 08:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Growery News Service.

Reason:
Populating new Medical Marijuana & Activism forum.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds