Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr. Hands
Re: Hydro / Ebb and Flow [Re: KaptKid]
    #184663 - 01/19/09 07:43 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You don't need that many plants.  Trust me.  You are just exposing yourself to more legal penalties and making more work for yourself.

Plants get tall and bushy very fast.  Nine plants will easily fill up that tray by the time your flowering cycle is up.  You only want to veg for two weeks because they continue to grow significantly during the flowering phase.  You will be amazed at how quickly they grow and how big they get.  They actually start to get so big that they can become unmanageable.

P.S.  Be careful with 1000 watt lights.  They give off a ton of heat and will easily burn your plants.  You will constantly have to raise the light up to avoid this.  Also, if your space is confined it will quickly heat up too.  You don't want it to be 115 degrees in your area.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr. Hands
Re: Hydro / Ebb and Flow [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #184664 - 01/19/09 07:47 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Another thing....you do realize that you will have to empty and fill up the tray every two weeks?  Make sure you are near a sink so you have easy access to water and to drainage.  Get a pump and some hoses from Home Depot so you can easily suck water to and from your resevior.

OfflineAKSE

Re: Hydro / Ebb and Flow [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #185064 - 01/19/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Wow you sure are a n00b if you think you need SIXTY FOUR plants to do well with a 1000W HPS!:rolleyes:

Like the rest said, you are wasting Time, Space, Money, Potential plants & bud, just to try and go big or go home.  Start smaller and work your way up so you know what you're dealing with.  That many plants is going to be outrageous to take care of.

Also, if you don't have seperate resivours for each plant, if you get a contamination, or nutrient or ph imbalance, instead of having one plant get burned or sick, they all will. :hehehe:

Quality, not Quantity.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydro / Ebb and Flow [Re: AKSE]
    #185076 - 01/19/09 09:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AKSE said:

Also, if you don't have seperate resivours for each plant, if you get a contamination, or nutrient or ph imbalance, instead of having one plant get burned or sick, they all will. :hehehe:

Quality, not Quantity.

you don't know what you're talking about... having 16 or 64 plants in that space isn't going to change anything. hydroponics is always 1 reservoir many plants... and typically people use monocultures so growth, and nutrient neeeds and such are all the same. all plants will be subject to the same factors not because of the reservoir but because theyre all the same... 64 plants will be treated like 1....

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Hydro / Ebb and Flow [Re: captain.koons]
    #185083 - 01/19/09 10:07 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

AKSE said:

Quality, not Quantity.

you don't know what you're talking about... having 16 or 64 plants in that space isn't going to change anything. hydroponics is always 1 reservoir many plants... and typically people use monocultures so growth, and nutrient neeeds and such are all the same. all plants will be subject to the same factors not because of the reservoir but because theyre all the same... 64 plants will be treated like 1....

Thank you captain.koons

I have been doing my homework.I know the difference between Dreams and Goals.  Sometimes.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #185090 - 01/19/09 10:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

you really can't start with 64 plants in a 4x4 area though. you need to find a plant that will finish flower and be suitable for 4plants per sq ft area.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineAKSE

#185107 - 01/19/09 10:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

AKSE said:

Quality, not Quantity.

Hydroponics is not always one reservoir, DWC in buckets for example.  Also the point of my post is, if he is new to cultivation and all, wouldn't you tend to reccommend something along the lines of a handful of DWCs, instead of a potential 64 plant ebb & flow or other?  I'm just trying to stress that like you said, all plants will be treated as one, something goes wrong its all not just one.  Do you not agree?

Edited by AKSE (01/19/09 10:30 PM)

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#185109 - 01/19/09 10:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
you really can't start with 64 plants in a 4x4 area though. you need to find a plant that will finish flower and be suitable for 4plants per sq ft area.

I've been working on that. White Widow.From who ever I brought it from.
16 to 18 inch's.60 to 90 days bud time.20 to 30 grams. I'll believe it when I see it.

If I have to go SOG. NO problem.

This is a beautiful place.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydro / Ebb and Flow [Re: AKSE]
    #185114 - 01/19/09 10:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AKSE said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

AKSE said:

Quality, not Quantity.

Hydroponics is not always one reservoir, DWC in buckets for example.  Also the point of my post is, if he is new to cultivation and all, wouldn't you tend to reccommend something along the lines of a handful of DWCs, instead of a potential 64 plant ebb & flow or other?  I'm just trying to stress that like you said, all plants will be treated as one, something goes wrong its all not just one.  Do you not agree?

you're diagnosing the same plant, 64 times which I'd much rather do than diagnose a smaller amount of plants. NON R-DWC without shared reservoirs isn't my style so I guess I exclude that...

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #185116 - 01/19/09 10:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zeplin 420 said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:

16 to 18 inch's.60 to 90 days bud time.20 to 30 grams. I'll believe it when I see it.

true white widow finishes between 8-11(shanti recommends 10 for resin production) i guess some very sativa dom phenos will finish later but 90days is pretty extreme. I'm not sure about height I don't really pay attention to what vendors say unless they tell you some figures like veg time, stretch, ect.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#185131 - 01/19/09 11:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

Zeplin 420 said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:

true white widow finishes between 8-11(shanti recommends 10 for resin production) i guess some very sativa dom phenos will finish later but 90days is pretty extreme. I'm not sure about height I don't really pay attention to what vendors say unless they tell you some figures like veg time, stretch, ect.

I'm a newbie, only time will tell.:madpirate:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #185275 - 01/20/09 08:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

im just saying basically you don't know how accurate the breeders notes are white widow is like the most ripped of strain to date. it was originally made by shantibaba in 95 while he was working for or with greenhouse seed company. They had a disagreement with how the company was being run I believe and shantibaba left them and eventually started Mr. Nice seeds taking his breeding stock with him (he never shared his genetics with greenhouse seeds he just supplied them with seeds) along with white widow which is now called black widow are appearently super silver haze(still ssh), great white shark(now shark shock), white rhino(medicine man), and possibly Neville's Haze(not sure on this one)

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds