Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
any weight lifters in here?
    #125634 - 09/26/08 04:01 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone here lift weights on a regular basis? I generally lift on and off and usually only make it into the gym 1-2 times per week

Starting next week I am going to hit the gym 3-4 times a week and set up an actual workout regiment to stick to

Anyone else into staying fit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Picklez]
    #125649 - 09/26/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yes, i lift 5-6 days a week, run 2-3 miles every day (sprints), do aerobic chair stepping 30 minutes 6 days a week, and bike on a stationary bike 6 days a week. abdominals and forearms are worked every day usually following my lifting routine or during my aerobic chair step routine.

for abs i do crunches, leg raises, v ups, frog kicks, bicycles, ab bridge, sit ups, whichever i feel like doing on any given day

for forearms i squeze isometric stress balls, use a wrist roller and do forearm lifting with barbells

here is how i lift, all exercises are done with utmost care and attention is payed to my form. perfect form is the absolutely most important thing. I do not go up in weight unless my form is perfect and I can easily do my reps without sacrificing form.

MONDAYS and THURSDAYS - 20-30 minute barbell routine

clean and press - 2-3 sets of 8 reps
barbell squat - 2-3 sets of 12 reps
barbell pull overs - 3 sets of 8 reps
good mornings - 2-3 sets of 8 reps
bench press - 3 sets of 8 reps

TUESDAYS and FRIDAYS - overall development routine

overhand pullovers (pull ups) 3 sets of 7 followed by a isometric hold

dips on the dip bar - 3 sets of how ever many i can do (usually 7-11 reps)

squats - 2-3 sets of 6 reps

leg press OR lunges or cable work for legs - 2-3 sets of 6

bench press, 2-3 sets of 6

calisthetic exercise where i jump rope for a minute, then without stopping, immediately move on to push ups, do push ups till failure then immediately move back to jump roping, do this 3  times each (gets ur heart pumping immensely, awesome for burning calories one of my favorite things)

cable lat pull downs - 3 sets of 6 reps

cable weighted rowing machine (proper name?)- 3 sets of 6 reps

upright row OR shoulder press OR dumbell lateral raise (2 of either exercise) 3 sets of 6

tricept pulldown OR behind the head tricept extension - 2-3 sets of 6

WEDNESDAYS and SATURDAYS (sometimes i take wednesdays off)
- Cicuit training routine

these days are fun, I do every exercise without taking any break so that my heart rate stays up through the entire workout. in turn you burn my more fat and calories than you would if you were taking breaks between sets.

Pullups - as many as i can do

immediately move to next exercise

smith machine squats - 12 reps

cable chest press or pushups - 12 reps

run at a fast pace on treadmill for a quarter mile

cable lat pulldowns - 12 reps

immediately move on to next exercise

cable curls - 12 reps

cable machine weighted row - 12 reps

immediately go to next exercise

cable tricept pulldown - 12 reps

immediately go to next exercise

lateral raise OR military press - 12 reps

repeat 1 or 2 more times

and thats about how it goes for me on a weekly basis.

OfflineCannabliss

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Voodoo]
    #125650 - 09/26/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Jesus fucking Christ dude.

Offlinefreepain

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Cannabliss]
    #125651 - 09/26/08 10:10 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Nope i smoke to much damn weed

--------------------
01010011011011010110111101101011011001010010000001110111011001010110010101100100001000000110010101110110011001010111001001111001011001000110000101111001

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #125740 - 09/26/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Damn Voodoo that is quite the regiment you got there. Mine will be quite a bit less strenuous than your yours. Circuit training is a bit unnecessary for what I am trying to do which is GAIN weight while adding muscle mass.

Sounds like your main purpose behind working out is to lose weight and tone what you already have, no?

I think I am going to steal little parts of your work out, add some of my own. Post it up and see what you think. I also need to work on my protein/ calorie intake but thats another story

Edited by KillerPicklez (09/26/08 05:39 PM)

OfflineNiCKh609
Warrior
Male

#125746 - 09/26/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I work out 3 times a week one day ill do upper body and abs, usually do 2 sets of flat bench, 8 reps each, 1 set 8 reps incline and a set 8 reps decline, Then ill just do free weights for bicepts and tricepts, then i do decline situps with a 45 on my chest.

Next day ill do like a 2 mile run

Next day i do legs and abs. Squats, calf exercises 3 sets of 10 reps. Then crunches until i cant anymore lol.

Next day ill run 2 more miles

Next day back and abs. I deadlift, 3 sets of 10 reps, then i do supermans, 3 sets of 8. and then i do russian twists for abs.

Its a pretty nice workout for the week.

--------------------
Ive never grown or taken any illegal drugs

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: NiCKh609]
    #125749 - 09/26/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i usually get real blasted and do a push up or so its fwwwun

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: NiCKh609]
    #125750 - 09/26/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Im not a big fan of running, plus I do enough cardio walking around this bitch campus at 100 degrees everyday.

I think when I set up my plan I am going to have it being nearly 100% upperbody and abs. My legs are pretty beast anyways. I occasionally jump on the leg press just to pump out a couple sets but fuck running

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#125757 - 09/26/08 06:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Damn Voodoo that is quite the regiment you got there. Mine will be quite a bit less strenuous than your yours. Circuit training is a bit unnecessary for what I am trying to do which is GAIN weight while adding muscle mass.

Sounds like your main purpose behind working out is to lose weight and tone what you already have, no?

yeah, i'm not trying to gain muscle mass at all. I am trying to become as strong as possible with out losing any speed in my sprints. When you get bulky muscles you lose speed in limb movements, thats why most pro-athletes do not have that body builders type of body.

don't get me wrong, I do all the same lifting exercises and techniques as arnold or any big time lifter would, its just the speed of my lifting workouts and the amount of reps i do that keeps me at smaller leaner muscle mass type body.

If i were to try to build big muscle mass I would do a couple warmups on most of my exercises, take about 2-3 minute breaks between sets and do LOW reps with my serious sets, something like 2-5 reps per set and as much weight I could possibly do. I would cut out most of my cardio (i would keep maybe do 30 minutes of slow cardio a day at max) because when you are doing cardio you are working your slow twitch muscle fibers, which are the cardio muscle fibers, it interferes with the fast twitch muscle fibers, which are the ones that are used for anaerobic training (for example: weight lifting).

also I would DEFINATELY look into muscle mass building suplements. I know for a fact creatine will give ur muscles a very nice pump also will make you able to lift more weight. also make sure your taking in the same amount of protein in grams as your body weight (eg if you weight 200 lbs you want 200 grams of protien a day). there are a bunch of different supplements that are suposed to help build muscle mass that I dont know of off the top of my head because I do not do any suplements, just protien shakes and protien bars.

if you really want to get big you might wanna look for some steroids. if i were trying to get my biggest i would probably get some roids, they probably aernt as dangerous as the media portrays them to be just as the media hypes up most illegal drugs. :shrug: but take that with a grain of salt or whatever because that stuff i hear can mess up your liver and all that so be careful

Edited by Voodoo (09/26/08 06:58 PM)

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

#125759 - 09/26/08 06:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

FUCK RIODS

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #125760 - 09/26/08 07:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

steriods are a little above my goals. I am currently about 135lbs an just under 6'0, so my goal is to get up to around 150-170 and hope I can do that with increase calorie/ protein intake and just hitting the iron

thank you for all your imput, you know what you are talking about :thumbup:

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

#125770 - 09/26/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

do u have more stamina stoned or sober?
do u get more or less high workin out fraded?

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Coaster]
    #125771 - 09/26/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I used to strength train for 3-4 years until I realized I was just fucking up my joints for temporary gains.

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: DungenessDank]
    #125773 - 09/26/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

?

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#125775 - 09/26/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I was a gym addict, I'd spend an hour in the after noon working out, and then 2-3 more hours in the evening, every day I worked every muscle group, drank down so many protein shakes and supplements, I was in the best shape of my life, but I worked myself into some injuries and decided its worth having a beer gut if I'll still be able to lift my arms over my head and/or walk normal in my old age

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

#125776 - 09/26/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

r u still buff or all droppy now
can u stretch now?

--------------------

InvisibleLeary_Ban
Ye Olde School

Loc: Engulfed in Scarlet>Fi...
    #125777 - 09/26/08 09:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have been getting back into shape lately. After I got out of the army I used being out as an excuse to not move off the couch anymore. I'm pretty pleased with myself for being able to run 3 miles in under 20 minutes again - on a 12 deg. incline treadmill. Hardly weightlifting but not too shabby for a damn near 40 year old smoker imo.

I started doing some barbell work on my upper body lately because my legs are getting disproportionately larger from the treadmill.

Young'uns heed this advice - it fucking HURTS getting old if you let your body decline in your 20s.

--------------------
alakona said:
but it takes a special breed to lie about cheating on your made up wife.

impgl said:
jesus, OTD really brings the drama

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Leary_Ban]
    #125778 - 09/26/08 09:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

how did u let ur body decline in the army

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #125779 - 09/26/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
I used to strength train for 3-4 years until I realized I was just fucking up my joints for temporary gains.

sounds like you had no idea what you were doing and overworking your muscles.

theres a proper way to work out and harmful ways to workout

Voodoo hit it on the head, form is one of the most important. but you also have to allow your muscles time to heal back after ripping them up

InvisibleLeary_Ban
Ye Olde School

Loc: Engulfed in Scarlet>Fi...
    #125780 - 09/26/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

no not while I was in the army - I got out when I was 22 and didn't even attempt to stay in shape till I hit 36

I started fucking a 23 year old and realized I was going to have a fucking heart attack trying to fuck her like the other dudes she'd been with so I bought a treadmill.

When I started I could not run a mile, period. And I wasn't especially fat, I just could not get enough air to run more than about a quarter mile.

In the army I could run 3 miles in 17 minutes with 40 pounds of shit on my back. One of our DIs was this nutty negro who would run in circles around us when we marched in formation - he had never scored less than perfect on a PT test in his entire career. He turned down a commission to stay a DI. He was probably 40 when he was my DI. I'd like to be that fit but thats a long, long way off.

Anyway I just meant that if you stay on the couch for 15 years that it really, really fucking hurts to get back to where you used to be.... so if you're young just stay active so you never have to go through a bunch of pain to get it back later. You'll miss it if you don't.

--------------------
alakona said:
but it takes a special breed to lie about cheating on your made up wife.

impgl said:
jesus, OTD really brings the drama

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#125820 - 09/26/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

Voodoo hit it on the head, form is one of the most important. but you also have to allow your muscles time to heal back after ripping them up

Yeah if you want little pussy muscles with no results, My muscles somewhat adapted to the training after a few months, not much soreness whatsoever the day after. If you want to be ripped its simply a trade off, body building was never known for its health benefits.

InvisibleOmbient
ɥɐɹq ɹǝqos

#125824 - 09/27/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Damn I need to start lifting again I'm too skinny right now.

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#125826 - 09/27/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

having giant muscles does nothing for performance in any sport besides weight lifting. even profesional weight lifters that are in the olympics and stuff don't look as big as some of those roid freaks out there.

look at Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps, Usain is the fastest man ever and Michael Phelps is the best swimmer ever, neither have huge bulky muscles and don't look like body builders.

The Gracies are some of the best fighters ever and none of them look like big bulky body builders, yet they could kick just about any body builders ass no problem.

having bulky muscles does nothing except inflate your ego, which makes them the true pussy muscles.

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#125880 - 09/27/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

here is what my body looks like now from doing the training scheduel i posted.

one thing nice about doing a shit load of cardio is that i eat a ton of food and i stay slim. I eat huge pancakes for breakfast, big bowls of cerial, chinese food, pasta for lunch and dinner. I eat probably 4000-5000 calories a day.

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

#125882 - 09/27/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:dazedandconfused::thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
    #125883 - 09/27/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

damn holmie ur ripped
i have some killer steroid sources PM me

--------------------

heady nugz

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #125887 - 09/27/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
steriods are a little above my goals. I am currently about 135lbs an just under 6'0, so my goal is to get up to around 150-170 and hope I can do that with increase calorie/ protein intake and just hitting the iron

im thinking about doing the same thing. i dropped from 6'0 185 (15 months ago) to 6'1 145 right now. i would love to get back to 170-180ish

KP - let me know what you end up doing, and what works for you. i need to start this as well

and what do you plan to do for calorie/protein?
its so hard to get those things in your diet and eat a lot of you are broke lol

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #126060 - 09/27/08 03:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

im thinking about doing the same thing. i dropped from 6'0 185 (15 months ago) to 6'1 145 right now. i would love to get back to 170-180ish

KP - let me know what you end up doing, and what works for you. i need to start this as well

and what do you plan to do for calorie/protein?
its so hard to get those things in your diet and eat a lot of you are broke lol

Im going to start right now by going to the store and getting a weeks worth of protein bars. Maybe 2 weeks

Luckily I have M&G dollars (meal dollars) that I can spend on that shit.

Monday I hit the gym and I will let you know how it goes. I have been in there several times already this year. Just not on a specific routine

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126062 - 09/27/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

Yeah if you want little pussy muscles with no results, My muscles somewhat adapted to the training after a few months, not much soreness whatsoever the day after. If you want to be ripped its simply a trade off, body building was never known for its health benefits.

you would be surprised how repulsing body builders are to a lot of women.

Actually, I might somehow work that into my psych study :strokebeard:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126067 - 09/27/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It is going to be extremely hard for me to eat my own weight in protein

I went and picked out several flavors of the same brand. And I am hoping if I can eat 2 of these per day, coupled with 1 decent meal and some snacks. That I can both boost my protein level high enough and my calorie intake

The trying the Met-RX bars BIG 100, I am somewhat limited to what I can get since it must be bought at the campus store

They ranged from 28g-32g of protein and are over 300 calories each.

So it should be a good start

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#126072 - 09/27/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

are the weight gainer shakes at GNC worth it (they have a lot of protein, and like 900 calories)? or should i just stick with the bars?

--------------------
niteowl said:
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126073 - 09/27/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thats probably what I need to do, but that shit is expensive. You are talking 60$ a month just in weight gainer.

I might pick up creatine and take it once a week with my hardest work out (I plan on having light days with max reps ie 20 reps at pushups) and then hard days where I do sets like 8, 6, 6, and max out.

The bars can get expensive too for sure. I just can spend up to 1,000$ of the schools money from my meal plan so I might as well spend it on protein bars instead of chicken wings all the time :tongue:

Im going to put together my workout plan by sometime this weekend and share with you. I also want to get some more advice from Voodoo. I dont want something monster, but something to add a bit of muscle and put on a couple extra pounds

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#126074 - 09/27/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

word, thats the exact same thing im looking for. a little muscle, and some weight would be nice. let me know whats up.

--------------------
niteowl said:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126082 - 09/27/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

kind of a side tracked question, but do you do pushups? how frequently? and how many do you generally do?

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126083 - 09/27/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

Im going to put together my workout plan by sometime this weekend and share with you. I also want to get some more advice from Voodoo. I dont want something monster, but something to add a bit of muscle and put on a couple extra pounds

well, the biggest and most important thing is you need to start going to the gym atleast 3 times a week. i definately think you have lots of potential seeing as how you probably have very little fat on you at this point. for me, i started lifting seriously only about 4 months ago, and when i started my routine was much less than what it is now. I have technincly been lifting for 5 years since i started lifting when i was 16 (im 21 now), but it was off and on in my lifting and only not till recently have i been most serious about it in my lifetime.

also instead of trying to gain weight as you are i was trying to lose weight. about 4-5 months ago i weighed 200-210 lbs now i only weight 165-170 lbs. every pound lost was fat and I probably actually gained a little weight in muscle.

I started off doing simple cable work and worked my way up to where i am now. now most of my lifting is about free weights. before i could not do a single pull up now i can do 3 sets of 8 overhand should wide grip pull ups with short breaks with perfect form.

but as i was saying, you just basicly need to start getting into a routine and worry about nutrition and food after you have start getting seriously commited to going to the gym and lifting at least 3 times a week. once you have started working out & lifting for a month strait and haven't taken any weeks off and stuck to those 3 days THEN I would start looking into suplements.

the first month i started lifting i didn't even take protien shakes or anything religiously I would just eat whatever i wanted. now i try to consume a decent amount of protien on a regular basis but its still not all that important to me, the most important thing for me is just making myself get off my butt and getting in that gym and lifting weights for a half an hour to an hour 5-6 times a week now.

so my advice is don't completely ignore what youre eating, try to get some source of protien in your diet in every meal (if you eat meat eat some meat every meal and if your a vegetarian eat some dairy or beans every meal) but don't think too much about it. once you get your routine going on a constant level start looking into weight gainer creatine and all that stuff.

you most likely wont see results untill you've been lifting for 2 months or so. you will know when you are looking bigger cus family/friends/girlfriend whatever will start saying things to you about how your body is looking different and such.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126084 - 09/27/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

thanks man for all the helpful advice

Is there a certain amount of time you like to spend in the gym? or do you just do your stuff?

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126085 - 09/27/08 06:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

oh yea and one more thing picklez, you talk about protien bars but if you are trying to save cash invest in a nice shaker cup (you can buy at GNC) and a big ass container of whey protien powder. just add protien and water, shake and your set. much cheaper than bars.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126086 - 09/27/08 06:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You must have missed the small section about paying with my meal money at school. (college sun dollars)

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126087 - 09/27/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
thanks man for all the helpful advice

Is there a certain amount of time you like to spend in the gym? or do you just do your stuff?

its usually an hour to two hours at the gym. usually my weight lifting routine lasts a half hour to an hour and then i always to stationary bike hard for 30 minutes. I can usually do 2 different exercises,3 sets or 6-8 reps on all my body parts (example: bench press & pushups for chest, lat pull downs and upright row machine for back ect) in an hour. when doing my super 6 power lifting barbell routine it takes a half an hour and for circuit training it usually takes 20-30 minutes. i like to take short breaks, like about a minute breaks between sets (except for circuit training which is no breaks), so that i go through my workout quickly and my heart rate stays higher. than if i were to take long drawn out breaks which i feel are unnecessary.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126088 - 09/27/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

FYI for anyone who may be interested I will be doing a month by month log of my body weight change w/pictures

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126091 - 09/27/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i wasn't quite fallowing you on what you were talking about with the protien bars and your school meal plan, they sell the protien bars at the school?

if you have any more questions about lifting or anything just ask picklez. i'll be checkin on this thread. I actually studied a little bit of personal training and am hoping to become a personal trainer some day so I have some knowlege alittle knowlege on lifting.

OfflineMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #126097 - 09/27/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i swim a lot. it helps keep the tan nice and the figure fine. and i do life a little to keep toned. my mom says i'm buff :lol: not quite, but a lot closer than i used to be...

--------------------
I'm an electric smoker :gc:

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#126127 - 09/28/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

you could hit your goal in 2-3 months easily if you take it seriously. i gained 20 pounds in less than 3 months myself. i went from 140 to over 160, and it's all lean muscle. i'm 6 feet tall btw. right now i'm more worried about size and strength than weight, because 160lbs was my goal. now i'm just trying to make strength/size gains.

i've worked in a gym for years and i have nutritionist friends who have always told me what to eat so i guess i had a head start.

this is my workout schedule:
1- chest/tris
2- legs
3- back/bis
4- day off
5- shoulders
6- day off
7- start with day 1

sometimes it changes... every now and then i'll do:
1-chest/back
2-legs
3-shoulders/arms
4-day off
5-start over

tips: force yourself to eat, it will get to the point where it is normal and you just eat when you are hungry, but it will be more than you used to eat. but eat healthy. lots of chicken and veggies... stay away from processed crap. make sure to have balanced meals. eat all the time. try to eat a lot of protein.

if you want size, don't do cardio at first. everyone does it different, but most people bulk up and then cut. that is what i'm attempting...(except every weekend i do go on a 3+ hour bike ride...) i'm 'bulking' and i will cut down later. my body fat is around 10% at the moment when at one time it was as low as 7% (and over a year ago it was as high as 20% ahhh). don't spend too much on abs... you work them doing exercises like squats anyways. you can do them, but i would wait until you were cutting. you can't see a 6 pack until you are like 5% or under body fat anyways.

you said you didn't want to work on your legs... this is a BIG mistake. your leg muscles are some of the biggest in your body. if you work out your legs it will help you gain muscle elsewhere as well because it will raise your testosterone. don't worry about getting huge legs because its very hard to anyways. if you're worried just do higher reps/lighter weight for legs. but make sure you do work them out. definitely do squats, but make sure you have proper form. use a smith machine if you are worried. or have someone watch you to make sure you are doing it properly. start with light weight until you get the motions down.

another tip: get a workout buddy. they are good because they will help push you and can spot you. if not ask someone at the gym to spot you. spotters are key. they will help you get in that last rep.

ignore all the hype about pre and post workout supplements (a lot are actually bad for you). starting out all you need if anything is some whey protein. drink withing 30 minutes of working out and then eat a meal shortly after this. after awhile get on some creatine but do this in cycles as long term use has never been studied... a month or two on, a month off... right now i don't take anything, but i had been taking protein+glutamine post workout until recently. i'm weening myself off of it and just eating right.

you don't need as much protein as some people will tell you anyways... it's ridiculous how much some people think you need.

also, you are young, so you definitely don't need steroids (unless you want to do body building competitions). from working in a gym for years, i can tell you they are quite popular though. i won't take them myself.

last but most important: use proper form for everything! i see so many people on a daily basis not knowing what the fuck they are doing. i have tons of friends who did workouts wrong and have fucked up their shoulders... etc...

oh one more tip: get an ipod. listening to my ipod while working out i get almost into a workout trance. i forgot my ipod one day and i was miserable. if you can last 1 week working out every day with maybe a day or two off, it will get harder and harder to quit. days i don't work out i feel like shit/depressed. i enjoy working out and the endorphins it gives me. it's almost like a high in the gym.

oh yeah and don't smoke pot before you go workout, that doesn't work for me at least. i am considerably weaker.

remember though, a lot of working out is your muscles learning the motions. at first it will be hard, but when you train your muscles to do these motions it will get easier and easier.

make time out of your day. i always seem to get a better workout in the morning or early afternoon rather than at night as well.

read on ways to get your body anabolic, a lot of it is eating a lot of meals (every 2-3 hours) with protein which i said earlier. protein bars are expensive and a waste of money in my opinion. they taste like shit anyways. just get some whey protein if you want a supplement.

i know a lot more than i can think of right now i'm just barred out. hope it helps. just stick to it and start going everyday and until it becomes an addiction. don't allow yourself to smoke pot unless you worked out that day. :wink:

oh and make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: usg543]
    #126128 - 09/28/08 12:22 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:

im about to go back to the little store now. I ate all 4 protein bars today. I hit the gym a little.

I did probably 6 sets of bench (2 sets with no weight, just max reps)
Lat pull downs
Curls
Incline Butterflies
Situps

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#126129 - 09/28/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Voodoo said:
having giant muscles does nothing for performance in any sport besides weight lifting.

having bulky muscles does nothing except inflate your ego, which makes them the true pussy muscles.

:blah: i don't play sports, and pussy muscles??? please. i think you're just jealous because you can't lift as much weight as some people can.

and you are forgetting MANY sports. running and swimming sports aren't the only ones. check out football players. it depends on a personals goals and what they want. so stop spreading your biased bullshit.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#126130 - 09/28/08 12:29 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
:thumbup:

im about to go back to the little store now. I ate all 4 protein bars today. I hit the gym a little.

I did probably 6 sets of bench (2 sets with no weight, just max reps)
Lat pull downs
Curls
Incline Butterflies
Situps

you forgot your triceps and shoulders :wink: i'll detail my workout soon.

chest/triceps day i do: flat bench, incline, decline, flys, dips, close grip bench, and trice pull downs. usually a few more just to kill my chest/triceps.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#126132 - 09/28/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

and a VERY big one, cut down on you drinking a lot!

yes it's college and have fun, but you will learn a long night of drinking will definitely effect your performance in the gym. drinking excessively lowers your testosterone as well. i hardly drink myself these days for this major reason. (plus i'm partied out anyways)

anyways good luck on your goals im sure if you keep to it you'll be making them in no time. you'll see results sooner than you expect i  promise. plus that pump you get at the gym is definitely rewarding.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126148 - 09/28/08 05:09 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

How effective do you think push-ups are? Like saying doing reps of 25 several times throughout the day. Beneficial at all?

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126152 - 09/28/08 06:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

usg543 said:
Quote:

Voodoo said:
having giant muscles does nothing for performance in any sport besides weight lifting.

:blah: i don't play sports, and pussy muscles??? please. i think you're just jealous because you can't lift as much weight as some people can.

and you are forgetting MANY sports. running and swimming sports aren't the only ones. check out football players. it depends on a personals goals and what they want. so stop spreading your biased bullshit.

i am definately not jealous, that was my response to dungness dank saying that having good form and lifting properly will give you pussy muscles --- read below.

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

and besides that, with age your joints get fucked up anyway so while you're young it doesn't really matter.

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126153 - 09/28/08 06:39 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
How effective do you think push-ups are? Like saying doing reps of 25 several times throughout the day. Beneficial at all?

push ups are definately effective. you can put plates of weight on your back and do them that way to make them more effective. I use pushup as part of a cardio/kalisthetic training i do.

also, go buy some lifting magazines. there are usually some really good articles in there that show alot of different exercises and will show you how to keep your form right. rip out all the good articles and keep them in a folder together and look at them frequently. form a scheduel that works every part of your body 3 times a week (including you legs).

Edited by Voodoo (09/28/08 06:44 AM)

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#126202 - 09/28/08 01:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i was on a lot of xanax last night, i don't remember typing half of that.

high reps, low weight = build stamina
low reps, high weight = build muscle mass (usually rest 2-3 minutes between each set)

so it depends on your goal. you said you wanted to weigh more, so i would go low reps, high weight. maybe starting off do high reps at first (3 sets of 10) to get the motions down (plus you don't want to put too much strain on your joints until they are used to it). once you get the motions down, it gets easy. a lot of it is training your muscles to do a certain exercise. once you feel confident in that, do something like a warm up set (10-12 reps), up the weight say 5-10 pounds and do 8 reps, up the weight more and do 6 reps, up the weight more and  do 4 reps. if you haven't died on this set, do another up the weight and do it until you die. if you do more than 1 or 2 on the last one you need to up the weight more on all the other sets. so do 4-5 sets and constantly add more weight as you go.

if you're trying to get big, either do bench press or do what he said and get someone to 'plate load' weights on your back. if you're just starting out and push ups are hard do period, do this. but don't do them throughout the day, do all your sets within a minute or so of each other.

but if you're thinking of doing pushups several times a day... i have a feeling you're trying to avoid the gym :wink:

don't worry about looking weak, yes there are gonna be some huge guys there, but everyone starts somewhere. once you pass that point, you will feel really good about yourself. when i started i was one of the weakest ones. now when i go, i see people weaker than me and it gives me much more confidence.

and make sure you have a workout routine where you work out EVERY major muscle group in the body. i see so many people come into the gym on a daily basis who just do squats and bench press and they are done. then they start complaining about their shoulders later on. you need to workout everything equally. if you only work your pecs, those muscles will start to pull your back and shoulder muscles forward. it's bad for your body and can lead to injuries and problems.

key exercises (in my opinion): squats, leg press, bench press, military press (also called shoulder press), wide grip pullups. those exercises will work all the major muscle groups. don't JUST do those, but they are key imo.

it might be hard to do a wide grip pullup unless you have a weight assisted machine at your gym, so you could do lat pulldowns instead. also i like to do lower back extensions on my back days but my workout partner who is huge never does it. says he gets it enough on other exercises.

they are many other exercises to work certain muscles, that you need to do in addition to those. but those will hit almost everything. for example bench press works chest and triceps.... but you need to do something like dips in addition to it and other tricep exercises. if you do chest/triceps on one day, do all your chest exercises first, then do your triceps exercises. you don't want to exhaust your triceps before you do chest, otherwise you will get a shitty chest workout in.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126220 - 09/28/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Oh Im not worried about looking weak, I think I have fair strength for my size.

I just mainly want to pack on some extra weight and would prefer it be muscle mass than fat

I will take your guys' suggestions though and we'll see how it goes

I spent about 1 1/2- 2 hours in the gym yesterday :yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn