Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow (update june 3rd) *COMPLETED*
    #10281 - 04/23/08 10:03 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

* Type of Genetics-- Unknown, strain was a gift from a friend of a local cultivator

* Growth Medium(s)- FF:OF mixed with FF:Light Warrior
* Time Span- Came from clones.  Vegged for a few weeks, now on day 12 of 12/12 cycle
* Light Source(s) and Cycles- 600w HPS on 12/12
* Temperatures and Humidity Levels- 75F w/lights off 80-84F with lights on.  RH ranges from 40-48%
* Nutrient Combinations and Feeding Cycles- FF:Big bloom at 4 tbsp/gal  Sweet + heavy bloom at (right now) 1 tsp/gal.  Feed with big bloom every watering, feed with the S+HB every third watering right now
* Pruning Techniques- Removed some lower growth due to mildew infection
* Problems and How You Solved Them- Powdery Mildew, Neem oil and pruning killed the infection
* Harvest & Curing Methods- Wet trim, hang individual branches til dry, cure in glass jars.

Right now i have 5 plants in flower.  The strain was a gift from a friend, originally i had about 12 clones but only 5 made the cut.  I used a 50/50 mix of OF to LW because OF has proven to be pretty damn hot in the past and i wanted more control over the nutrient uptake.  Right now im growing in a 4x4 hydro hut, added an intake fan to improve air circulation and received a free inline fan from a friend to run my exhaust.  Temps still manage to remain in the 80's for now, i have a remote AC unit but i hate to run it because it's expensive and requires me to vent more hot air.

Everything has gone pretty smoothly, i flipped the lights when the plants hit about 10-12 inches, in about a week or so they've stretched another 6 at least.  Started seeing the beginnings of bud formation of day 3 of flowering, they're now becoming more pronounced and should start filling out here by the end of next week.  Already there is a noticeable smell when you open the door to my grow area, you can't smell it in the house but it's instantly apparent when you open the door.  Time for a scrubber i guess.  Dealt with my first powdery mildew infection.  Low temps + poor circulation + high RH * Low growth on the plant = headache.  Some neem oil and deft movements from my trimmers killed off the problem for now.  A quick dip of the clipped, affected, leaves in bleach killed off the mold spores (on the leaves at least) and a slight dampening of the soil with some neem spray (hopefully) killed off any mold spores on the soil surface.  It's been about a week since the infection and i see no signs of the infection returning.  I'll keep my fingers crossed :wink:

Not much else to report on, i'll get some pics up later when i have some more time.  Things are pretty boring right now because it's so early in the cycle.  Give it another two weeks and things will pick up.  I got a chance to smoke the final product and if i can get it to look half as nice as the stuff i smoked, i'll be a really happy person come june :laugh:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethcibling
 User Gallery

Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: coda]
    #10294 - 04/23/08 10:26 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Pictures man..pictures :stoned:

OfflineJrsxt

Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: thcibling]
    #10325 - 04/23/08 11:04 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Yeah, show us some pictures of this shit. Sounds pretty good :bongload:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Jrsxt]
    #10391 - 04/23/08 12:21 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Ask and ye shall receive. Sorry about not posting photos before, they were unavailable to me until i came back home. First 5 pics are profiles of all my plants, i have an overhead group shot, then a picture of my exhaust system, where i exhaust my air to, and a picture of my intake system.

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#10398 - 04/23/08 12:27 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

healthy looking plants.

have you ever tried tying them over to get them to branch out?

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Yrat]
    #10425 - 04/23/08 12:53 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

yes sir, didn't have the time to train though. I wanted to be in and out of flowering by the end of may so it cut my veg time to almost nothing. As it is im already two weeks behind schedule, but, i wasn't planning on moving out until the earliest end of june. So as soon as the clones rooted and put out a little bit of new growth i transplanted, vegged for another week or so, then popped em into 12/12.

I also wanted to see how well the strain performed when i kept the plants small since that's direction i want to go in the future. Id rather have a bunch of small, trained, plants then a few massive ladies.

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#10435 - 04/23/08 12:57 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

gotcha.  i wasn't sure since that grow-room shot (i think) seems to have plenty of extra horizontal space. 

those will be some nice long colas tho!

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Yrat]
    #10512 - 04/23/08 01:32 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

it's got a decent amount of room, if i fill it i'll get enough herb to last me a few months at the least. Grow area is 4x4x7. I also have a 4x8x7 version of the hydro hut but it's not in use due to it's massive size lol.

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#10521 - 04/23/08 01:36 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

damn that's huge lol. only twice as big as your room tho... i'm sure u can squeeze it in somewhere haha

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineEvan
Medical Marvel

Folding@home Statistics
    #10550 - 04/23/08 01:49 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Nice looks like your plants are healthy and well on their way. :thumbup:

Offlineandrewss

Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Evan]
    #10666 - 04/23/08 03:38 PM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Nice lookers... good luck to packing some weight on those girls :laugh: :crazy2:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: andrewss]
    #15558 - 04/30/08 10:22 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Day 17/18 update.

Not much is going on, buds are coming in nicely, plants have been doing pretty well. The larger ladies are showing sign of an N deficiency so i'll be giving them a nice boost of nutes tonight. Some heavy bloom and cal mag should do the trick. The little one is doing very well, once it got over the initial N deficiency it has stayed nice and green. Gave them a plain watering on sat but i think im going to skip that in the future. This week they'll get two doses of heavy bloom + sweet at full strength for soil, full strength big bloom all three waterings, full strength top max all three waterings, and one dose of full strength cal mag for the large ladies. Trichrome production is picking up quickly. All the calyxes and small leaves are getting nice and sugary. Larger fan leaves are starting to pick up a little as well. Powdery mildew came back this weekend so i used a small paintbrush and some neem oil solution to "paint" the affected leaves. This way i won't spray the new buds with neem oil and i'll also prevent the neem oil from burning all the leaves on the plant. I removed some lower bud sites from two ladies because they were not doing well. I also removed some small, yellowed, fan leaves that had been hit with the mildew. Didn't seem worth it to try and save them.

Anyways, here's some pics, nothing too impressive.

--------------------

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #15661 - 04/30/08 12:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

she purdy.:blush:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineJadian

#18641 - 05/04/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Looking forward to seeing the bud from those ladies :wink:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Jadian]
    #19071 - 05/04/08 01:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yah so am i, buds are already getting super frosty. Some places just look like globs of resin.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #19222 - 05/04/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

And the pictures of such are where? :frown:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Sirius]
    #19696 - 05/04/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

soon as i get some AA's for the camera, can probably do it tomorrow.

--------------------

OfflineJadian

#19874 - 05/05/08 02:53 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Wish I had a camera to document the last few weeks. Harvested a few giants, one I got almost 4 ounces off!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #20069 - 05/05/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

nice one.  Soon as i get into my new place the NYCD is going back into production :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineJadian

#20289 - 05/05/08 07:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Looking for any roommates that bring gifts? :tongue:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #20798 - 05/06/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'll gladly accept guests who bring gifts :wink:  Roomies on the other hand are something im getting away from lol.  It's nice to just have a place for me and my girl finally :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #21812 - 05/07/08 01:56 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, so i downloaded the manual for my digi cam and did a little research on how to get some better shots.  Managed to find some AA's, but as usual they had little juice in them.  I managed to take a few shots of the smaller plat.  Out of the 10 or so i took i managed to pull out a few that looked pretty good and give a better idea of the resin production of the plant.  Once my re-chargeable batteries finish up and my guests leave i'll have some more time to take better pics of the other plants.

I watered with 4 tbsp big bloom, 2 tsp S+HB, 3 tsp top max, 2 tsp cal mag (tall ladies only) in one gallon of water and fed the girls.  Mixed up another gallon of the same stuff minus the cal mag for the little one and in case the big girls need extra.  It's still pretty cool so water uptake is a little slow, i only used a little over a gallon to feed all 5.  Buds seem to be coming along nicely still, leaves are still a bit light green on the top but i hear that cooler temps in the dark period may be the cause of that.  Still, i fed with the cal mag to give an extra boost of N.  That will be the last time i add the cal mag unless it's absolutely necessary.  Next watering will be minus the S+HB and i may give a plain watering after that just in case, but we'll see.  Took out some small spots of mildew with some neem oil solution on my fingertips.

Other then that just chugging along, today (tues) was the 24th day of flowering, this sat marks almost a month in flower and hopefully the 1/2 way point of the grow :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #23908 - 05/09/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Slight problem. 

Well, what i had originally though of as a N def. turns out to not be a N def.  Looks like im having a Mg problem.  Plants get a flush this wkd plus a foliar spray of some epsom salts (or some micro nutes if i can afford them).  I don't think it's a Mg def. because i have dosed my plants with a full strength feeding of Cal Mag.  It's most likely a lockout due to a PH problem, this would explain why it's not sucking up the cal mag, damn Mg is locked out.

Newbie growers, pay attention, discoloration on new growth is a sign of an immobile nute def.  Next thing to look at is the type of discoloration.  What you're seeing here is inter-veinal chlorois.  Notice how the "veins" of the leaves are still a nice dark green while the actual leaf itself is turning a pale yellow.  Mg, Fe, and Zn all cause similar discoloration (N does not leave the veins green), but lucky for us all are cations which are readily absorbed into the plant through foliar feeding.  Thus, if you're unsure of exactly what's lacking, a flush of your medium and a misting of a foliar solution containing these trace micro-nutes should bring em back up to speed.

So, that's what's on schedule for this weekend.  All four tall girls are suffering from the same problem (small girl is poking along just fine, but, im gonna flush her a bit too just in case) so i'll be putting around 3 gallons of water through their pots (im still unsure as to the exact volume of these pots, but they're no bigger then 2 gallons no smaller then 1 1/2 gallons) and most likely feeding them with a foliar spray of epsom salts.  Looks like i have to go out and buy another PH kit because mine went AWOL.  Ph of my water at the old apt was 7.1 or so, don't know what the PH is over here (although common sense dictates they should be the same).  Regardless i need something to test the run off and see how bad off they really are.  I have an old soil PH meter, but, i trust those things like a trust a three dollar bill.  So, even if i do decide to use it, i'll take whatever reading it gives me with a boulder of salt until i can compare it to a chemical test.

Lastly i staked three of the 4 tall girls last night.  Main stem was leaning too much and the stakes opened up more space for the lower branches.  Now the bottom buds are getting a lot more light.  Also, JUST for shits and giggles, i clipped off a very small branch that was not going to give me much and threw the small bud into my dehydrator.  Few hours later popped the bud into a bowl, smoked it one hit, and coughed my ass off.  I did catch a small buzz from it though, too early to really tell anything though but it was better then just tossing the bud :wink:

--------------------

OfflineDunno
Village Idiot

#24361 - 05/09/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Ok, so i downloaded the manual for my digi cam and did a little research on how to get some better shots.  Managed to find some AA's, but as usual they had little juice in them.  I managed to take a few shots of the smaller plat.  Out of the 10 or so i took i managed to pull out a few that looked pretty good and give a better idea of the resin production of the plant.  Once my re-chargeable batteries finish up and my guests leave i'll have some more time to take better pics of the other plants.

I watered with 4 tbsp big bloom, 2 tsp S+HB, 3 tsp top max, 2 tsp cal mag (tall ladies only) in one gallon of water and fed the girls.  Mixed up another gallon of the same stuff minus the cal mag for the little one and in case the big girls need extra.  It's still pretty cool so water uptake is a little slow, i only used a little over a gallon to feed all 5.  Buds seem to be coming along nicely still, leaves are still a bit light green on the top but i hear that cooler temps in the dark period may be the cause of that.  Still, i fed with the cal mag to give an extra boost of N.  That will be the last time i add the cal mag unless it's absolutely necessary.  Next watering will be minus the S+HB and i may give a plain watering after that just in case, but we'll see.  Took out some small spots of mildew with some neem oil solution on my fingertips.

Other then that just chugging along, today (tues) was the 24th day of flowering, this sat marks almost a month in flower and hopefully the 1/2 way point of the grow :laugh:

fucking tasty man

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing
Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect, nor do I strive to be
I am alive in this world of face-first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard for the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race or color
A hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers and letting them fall apart
To a new rhythm, just to feel better

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Dunno]
    #25732 - 05/11/08 02:38 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Flushed the plants each with two gallons through them of distilled water. Fed the small girl with nutes because she didn't look like she was suffering from the same problem but something tells me ill be needing to flush her next week.

I'll post pics tomorrow when im not so lazy and have time to sift through the 50-100 i took.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27159 - 05/12/08 01:08 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ok, so here's a couple of shots i found that i think are post worthy for the time being. I'll do a small pictorial of how i flushed my girls

First you need the right supplies

then you gather up your girls. You can see the nute problem in the upper leaves, notice how yellow they are compared to the older growth.

I took a 32 gallon rubbermaid, flipped on old one gal pot on its top side, then placed the girls pot on top of the on gal so that the water can drain into the rubbermaid. Then i flushed the girls with two gallons of distilled water a piece, you want to flush your plants so that the water runs clear at the end (also remember that you take the size of the pot and double it to figure out how much water to flush with). Two gallons seemed to do the trick with these girls, i think they could have taken another gallon, the water ran pretty much clear at the end of the second gallon.

the remains of the flush. Any excess salts, nutes, or buildup in those pots is now in that rubbermaid. I then slid the tub down the hall and drained it in my tub. Easy as pie, was a pain in the ass using all those individual gallons of water, but it did the trick. It doesn't seem like it but flushing four plants is a decent amount of work and time. I couldn't imagine having to do that to 20 or 30 plants.

So that's how i flush, here are some more random shots i took. All the macros are buds from lower branches. One of these days ill get a system worked out where i can take some nice pics of the top bud sites.

--------------------

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #27210 - 05/12/08 01:38 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

looking real good:cool::thumbup:

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #27252 - 05/12/08 02:20 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Kudos on the Ralph light-switch. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27255 - 05/12/08 02:25 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

came with the house!

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #27266 - 05/12/08 03:11 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #30536 - 05/15/08 07:54 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Hanky]
    #31016 - 05/15/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks guys!  Finally went out and bought another PH kit last night.  Checked my tap water and it was 7.5, checked out my full strength nute solution and it only came out to 7.0.  Soil's run off was between 7.0-7.2 (hard to tell, only had a couple bucks for some cheapie strips).  So while the soil is at an ok level, the alkalinity is preventing the plant from absorbing some micro nutes (mainly Zn and Fe).  So, im in the market for a bottle of micro forumla.  I also have some PH down, once i get those leaves looking nice and green again i'll start using the PH down in my solution to make it a tad more acidic.

Mildew came back a very tiny bit last night, couldn't take care of it, but the fan i put in seems to be keeping the infection at bay.  Transplanted the tiny girl into a 2 gal pot last night.  She wasn't completely rootbound but on her way. Roots were coiled up nice and tight on the bottom of the pot.  They looked a little brown but i was unsure if it was because of the dirt staining them, or, if it was the beginning of root rot.  Don't think it's that much of a problem because the plant looks happy otherwise.

I'll get some pics up on saturday when they hit day 35.  Thanks for the compliments guys :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKybish

#31284 - 05/15/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'm still just a student, but that looks like zinc deficiency to me.

What do you plan on fertilizing with after the flush?

PS those look GREAT, keep up the good growin' :laugh:

--------------------
Damn do I love my herbs

Edited by Kybish (05/15/08 11:13 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Kybish]
    #31340 - 05/16/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

There are three things that it could be, all of which are micro nutes, all of which cause the same symptoms.  Either Fe, Mg, or Zn is not being properly absorbed by the plant.  My plan for the next fert is to get some micro nutes, foliar feed, then mix up it up with the rest of my nutes for a watering.  Plants seem to be loving life minus this small problem, first time with sweet + heavy bloom and i like it so far :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #34438 - 05/19/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Day 37 12/12

Been a week so i thought i'd do a quick update.  Let me first start by saying fuck you powdery mildew!  It keeps coming back for more no matter how much neem i throw at it.  The fan i put in seems to be helping, but i just spent an hr tonight cutting leaves and painting more oil on.  It was such a shame to cut off some of those sweat leaves because they were just frosty, this strain looks like it would pump out a fair amount of bubble hash from just the trim.  I hate to waste it, but id rather lose out on some hash then lose some budsites to the mold.  I also split up a quart of neem solution amongst the 5 plants and soaked the top layer of soil hoping to kill off any spores that may be hiding on the soil.  Any dying leaves also went, anything that came off with a small tug was trashed.

I also trimmed off some lower buds because of the mildew, they weren't getting much light and it was too big a pain to deal with coating them or cutting off the tiny leaves.  So, off they went and now sit on the top of my monitor.  Probably about a bowls worth, i hate cutting off buds but again id rather lose some small ones then a nice cola to mold.

Also went out and purchased a bottle of chelated iron which also contained Zn and Mg.  Stuff was super acidic and really concentrated.  The mixture was 2 tsp/gal and i was only supposed to feed my plants one CUP of the solution when it was diluted.  It dropped my water from 7.5 to 6.0-6.3 without the addition of anything else.  Along with the iron solution i fed my plants plain water to let them just uptake the micros (hopefully) so i'm praying in a few days the top growth will green up again and start looking happy.  The size of the buds are pretty small, i'm disappointed in that, but i don't know if it's because of the stain or because of the one problem i've been having.  If anything i just hope they pack on weight in these last weeks and become a bit more dense.  If i can pull 2 oz dry off this i'll be happy enough.  That's enough smoke to get me through two months (with hopefully only another month until i can harvest again).  Good news is that i was able to successfully root 4/5 cuttings from the mother (we had been having a lot of problems getting them to root) so this will be around for a while.  It definitely won't be the last time you see this in my closet.  Plus with my two other friends growing the same thing i'll be able to sit along for the ride and help them.  So hopefully the little bit of wisdom i've picked up about this strain will help us see the full potential of the plant.  Hopefully with another harvest or two i can have it dialed in, IMO this would make a great headstash strain, so i can always have a jar of it.

Anyways, enough blathering, i know you all just came here to see pics.  Sorry for the crappy macros, i just can't get this damn camera to take a good macro shot.  All of the macros are from the popcorn i snipped off.  If you think they look good, you should see the tips :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #34684 - 05/20/08 01:47 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

that sucks, i hope you can finish them w/o problems. are you even going to try the popcorn you pruned?

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: araucaria]
    #34831 - 05/20/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yah, i'll just stash it away until i run out. It's probably only a bong hit or two worth of smoke though.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #35478 - 05/20/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ugh, found some hermie flowers on two budsites. Combed the rest of the plants for more but didn't spot any today. I'm drying the two branches the normal way, they've been manicured and are now hanging in my closet. Hopefully i can bring out whatever taste they may have. The popcorn buds got smoked today lol. Figured to just find out how strong they were when i wasn't stoned and i was pleasantly surprised. I was super baked for about an hr, then had a nice solid high for one more, then it just faded after that. Not bad for being 20 days immature. I checked some of the trichs out with scope today and it was a mix of cloudy and clear with a touch more clear. I saw the random amber head here and there as well. It tasted like ass, but, you can't expect much from something that dried in a day hehe.

Plants aren't looking too good IMO. I'm not holding out any hope for a decent harvest, as far as im concerned 2 oz's is a pipe dream right now. I don't know where i fucked up, but man, these buds just aren't getting bigger or fattening up. Truly disappointing.

--------------------

Offlinemaryiwanna
Male User Gallery

#35509 - 05/20/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

you got any pics of that hermie site..just wondering what they look like

--------------------
watch me turn these blunts into roaches

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: maryiwanna]
    #35519 - 05/20/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

nope, no pics sorry. They're bright yellow and look like little banana's.

--------------------

Offlinemaryiwanna
Male User Gallery

#35521 - 05/20/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

thanks, im not planning on encountering them but always good to know your problems

--------------------
watch me turn these blunts into roaches

OfflineMiss Penguin
Astrophysicist
Female

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: maryiwanna]
    #35577 - 05/21/08 12:33 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

They look great. Very tall, what size space are you growing them in?

--------------------
~ Miss Penguin ~

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Miss Penguin]
    #35655 - 05/21/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

4x4x7.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #36774 - 05/22/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

fucking great, looked last night, found more nanners. Picked these ones off because the buds were big enough for it to be worth the try.

Im giving this grow another week and if it keeps giving me headaches im saying fuck it.

Crappy way to start this morning

--------------------

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
    #36776 - 05/22/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

bummer. most of us have been there... On the topic of your nutes getting locked out.... have you ever used compost tea as a remedy for that, and do you think that would work? sorry if thats a newb question.

--------------------

heady nugz

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: wowitch420]
    #36777 - 05/22/08 12:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

no, the micro lock out was due to alkaline soil. The only way to fix it is to flush, and then water with a solution of micro nutes.

--------------------

Offlineandrewss

#38463 - 05/24/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Oh well... good shots and what budding you have looks nice and resin covered, enjoy :thumbup:

OfflineKybish

#38686 - 05/24/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
no, the micro lock out was due to alkaline soil. The only way to fix it is to flush, and then water with a solution of micro nutes.

Is it possible to use some kind of pH down along with a micro nute solution during waterings?

I know to add lime when soil is too acidic, although I haven't heard a definitive answer as to how one would fix alkalinity.

--------------------
Damn do I love my herbs

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #39404 - 05/25/08 09:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yah, i need to drop the PH of my water before i feed it to them. PH down works just fine.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #48333 - 06/01/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Decided to cut the small one today because the mold had gotten to be too much. I had pruned off a lot of fan leaves and the remaining ones became infected as well. So i snapped some before and after pics and hung her up to dry. She was chopped on day 50 and the rest are coming down on 53. I'm headed out of town next weekend so i figured two days wasn't much compared to the risk of losing buds to mold.

The other branches i have drying are on their 6th day. Buds are nice and crispy, but the stems are still a little floppy. I'll probably throw them in a jar tomorrow or tues.

--------------------

OfflineKybish

#48501 - 06/02/08 12:02 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Looks tasty!

Too bad about the mold, what's your RH?

--------------------
Damn do I love my herbs

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #48716 - 06/02/08 07:37 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

it fluctuates between 35 and 40 %. The mold most likely came about due to a pre-existing infection. The mother plant they came from was infected with powdery mildew. When i was baby sitting the mom i had to pay attention for it. Personally i think the low temps in the beginning coupled with not enough air circulation within the ten (not enough circulating fans) let the infection take hold. Did everything i could to stop it, but it just keeps coming back for more unfortunately.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #48791 - 06/02/08 10:27 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

There's a pic of the branches i harvested a week early. Total was 4 gms dry (probably a little bit over because i took a small sample this weekend).

I'm smoking a bong bowl of it right now. Smells better then it tastes, but goddamn, it packs a pretty powerful punch. Trying to break this up by hand is pretty hard, it's too sticky, all the pieces keep getting stuck to my fingers lol.

I'll update the thread again on wed when i harvest the rest and once more to show the finished tops of the big girls and the total dry weight. I'll be lucky if i pull more then an oz dry total out of this grow. The yield is pretty disappointing but the smoke is strong and i have access to more clones. Hopefully next time around will be better with the slyder. Next grow will feature afghani dream and nycd.

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #48815 - 06/02/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

That looks yummy!

Good luck with the harvest!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Annom]
    #48818 - 06/02/08 10:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

thanks man, even hacking down that small plant reminds me how much i hate harvesting. Actually it's a love hate relationship, but goddamn trimming buds gets monotonous. Thank god for the scissor hash, definitely helps pass the time.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #50343 - 06/03/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This is the next to last update for this grow. The only other thing i really have left to post would be a final dry weight with some bud shots.

Decided to hack them today so i could spend tomorrow relaxing instead of chopping down plants. First two pics are before the chop, the next one is one plant chopped, the next two, then three, and finally a group shot of all the tall girls manicured. It was a sticky, sticky night. Took me almost two hrs to chop them because i had to keep stopping to wipe the blade clean, or scrape the blades and collect some hash.

Not a very successful grow IMO, but i've got some buds to smoke on now and i know the strain a little better. Hopefully next round will go better since i won't be so rushed. Since we solved the cloning issue i'll be able to help and watch my friend flower the clones i took; i'll also have access to more when i get setup again so i'm looking forward to getting running again.

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #50547 - 06/04/08 04:19 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:cool: Looks great, but I agree that it could be more.

I think you should make more use of all the light by growing more plants or using a scrog. There is too much light unused from what I can see from your pics. You don't want any light to hit the ground.

Maybe top the plants, grow a nice scrog until you have a completely covered horizontal screen, then flower them (or maybe a little earlier).

Edited by Annom (06/04/08 04:20 AM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Annom]
    #50589 - 06/04/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yah, believe me i wasted a lot of good space with this grow. My original goal was to flower all the plants like my small one, but they got flipped too late. The other reason i didn't do ANY type of training whatsoever was time. I had a pretty tight time frame to get these plant in and out of flowering and dried before i moved. So unfortunately i didn't have the time needed to LST, top, etc. The really short veg time probably contributed to my low yields. The main stalks were pretty flimsy and i could have capitalized on this plants branching to provide more tops.

I also did this grow as a favor (in a way) for the friend who gave me the clones. Since he's pretty new to cultivation he wanted to see what things looked like, what i did, what went wrong and how to fix/prevent it, plant size/density/buds/trichs/etc....

So, because of that, i also threw them in there pretty much a week and a 1/2 after they rooted. The plants didn't look rootbound to me, but there was some definite circling going on in the bottom with the root system. I'm getting rid of these pots as they've been nothing but trouble and im either going to invest in some more 3 gals or start building a box to hold the soil for a few plants.

Hopefully with my next grow i'll have triple the plants in flower and maybe another light as well.

--------------------

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
    #50660 - 06/04/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hey at least you got some nice colas to smoke on... I havent seen this strain but ive tried the buddhas sister from soma and the cherry tart taste is "tha bomb".

--------------------

heady nugz

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: wowitch420]
    #50675 - 06/04/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I havent seen this strain

Neither have i. I have two stories on it's lineage. One is it's a clone only variety brought back to my town from cali. It's been around this area for over 10 years now supposedly.

The other is that it's just a phenotype (one that is sought after though) from sagarmartha's slyder strain.

I don't really care too much about where it came from. The smoke is good and in the end that's all that matters to me.

--------------------

InvisiblePhish_Dude
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #52096 - 06/05/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

for some reason they look kinda thin and spindly is that because of the genetics?

--------------------
organic growers check out:
basic compost tea guide
organic goodies

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #52270 - 06/06/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It is just sativa dominant. :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #52448 - 06/06/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

maybe, but in all honesty these clones were not vegged long enough to build up a nice thick main stalk.  Could be one of the contributing factors, im going to work on that the next go around.

--------------------

OfflineC3R3AL KiLLRx
Ganja Giant.
Male

Loc: Sunshine State of Mind.
    #52455 - 06/06/08 01:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

still sexy as fuck tho...good job

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: C3R3AL KiLLRx]
    #52642 - 06/06/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

that's not bad, I had the same thing, I grew some plants that were small and got maybe an eight of some real nice bud. One plant was 13" the other was 14"

looks like you got over an ounce! that's nice! but growing inside, why didn't you put them in large pots, let them vegatate, clone them so you'd have thicker plants with better budding areas, and harvest later???

is this the full range of the plant?

oh well..... at least you got to smoke a few nice ones!
hope you got ripped!:grin:

how long was the total grow?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #52678 - 06/06/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

looks like you got over an ounce! that's nice! but growing inside, why didn't you put them in large pots, let them vegatate, clone them so you'd have thicker plants with better budding areas, and harvest later???

one word, time.  I'm planning to move shortly.  I needed to have the grow completed and dried by june.  Because of that i couldn't veg and train them like i wanted to.  Pretty much once they rooted they got a week or so of veg time and got the flip.  I also thought the pots i used would be more then sufficient for growing.  In the end i don't think that the plants became rootbound, but i think they could have used a little more room.

Quote:

how long was the total grow?

2 months total give or take a week.  1-2 weeks veg, 53 days flowering.  I would have liked to take them to 60-65 days flowering honestly.  I still think i hacked them a bit prematurely.  I had to leave town for the wkd (i wanted to harvest at earliest on sat) and the mold problem i was having just wasn't going away long enough for me to leave them.  My gf knows jack about cultivation and i didn't want to leave her in charge (nor did she), i also didn't want to come back to 5 plants of powdery mildew.  Because of that i hacked 'em and hung 'em.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #54171 - 06/09/08 02:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

lol, I just weighed the small plant.  Not even an 1/8.  3.1 grams dry total from that  plant.  I don't think i've harvested anything that small before lol.  My worst before that was 11 grams.

So far total weight is 7.1 grams for this grow. The rest of the plants should be done within a few days.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#54388 - 06/09/08 08:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

lol

fuck man 2 weeks growing to get 2 weeks tall? starting from seed?

so these plants are fucking mega growers or something?

or do you use some special fertilizer, like brown sugar. I want to know the trick to success, because I'm supposed to be getting some seeds, but i might not really get them good and sprouted until almost the end of june, and that sucks if i want to get like 4 ounces at least(which I'm hoping for)

one plant is misty bubble(i'm confused, does it taste like blueberry and bubblegum put together? or something entirely different?) and the other is a lowryder x columbian gold(the weed)

i know the columbian gold has lowryder genetics, but only 50%, and will actually get 5 feet high, so I don't assume that the autoflowering trait will be dominant, maybe in one or 2 plants.

nice grow man!

i'm sure once i get the hang of this, i'll be able to grow better, but to me it seems like herb can be tricky. I think my main problem is overwatering, I've realized when the soil is completely dry, you need to wait at least another day to water.
peace

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #54510 - 06/09/08 09:55 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fuck man 2 weeks growing to get 2 weeks tall? starting from seed?

what?  These plants were clones.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#54539 - 06/09/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

oh, I see. LOL, that sucks, I thought maybe I had stumbled upon a secret of mass proportions.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #55430 - 06/11/08 10:01 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

final dry weight is 36 grams.  Pretty pathetic, but right around where i thought i would end up.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #55438 - 06/11/08 10:06 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If you are in any way dismayed with those results, feel free to send them over. :naughty:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #55448 - 06/11/08 10:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

dismayed? No.  Disappointed?  Yes.  I have two reasons for my disappointment.

a.) the person my friend got the strain from claimed it was the heaviest yielder he's seen

b.) this was to be my summer weed stash.  I have maybe one months supply at best now.  I don't really have the cash to be buying 50$ 1/8's every week this summer. 

It's no big deal, this grow produced the most resin covered buds i've grown.  The potency of this strain is better then my last grow, so that's a plus.  It's definitely a great morning/afternoon smoke.  Either the sativa dominance, or the day i harvested, produces a soaring high that leaves it easy to think and pay attention to things.  The trichs are a mix of clear and cloudy (with more clear then cloudy), and some amber scattered here and there.  I'd say, at least based on this grow, for the more up lifting high harvest from day 50-55 would be the best choice.  For a stonier, more sedated high, id push 60-65 (possibly even 70). 

There was a claim that it's possible to see a 45th day harvest.  However, after comparing some buds i sampled from around then to the buds i harvested on day 53, there was a noticeable difference. The day 53 buds were smoother on the the throat and lungs, they have a much better taste too.  The odor is also more apparent on the later buds.  My original goal was to go 60-65 days, but time and mildew cut that short for me.

Well, since this grow is chopped and dried, it's now in the past for me.  Nothing to do now but smoke my stash and plan my next grow.  I'll post up some bud pics tonight.

Next up: Afghani Dream, NYCD, Cherry Slyder, and probably some bag seed i've been holding onto.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags