Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemaryiwanna
Male User Gallery

Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: coda]
    #35521 - 05/20/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

thanks, im not planning on encountering them but always good to know your problems

--------------------
watch me turn these blunts into roaches

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMiss Penguin
Astrophysicist
Female

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: maryiwanna]
    #35577 - 05/21/08 12:33 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

They look great. Very tall, what size space are you growing them in?

--------------------
~ Miss Penguin ~

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Miss Penguin]
    #35655 - 05/21/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

4x4x7.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #36774 - 05/22/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

fucking great, looked last night, found more nanners. Picked these ones off because the buds were big enough for it to be worth the try.

Im giving this grow another week and if it keeps giving me headaches im saying fuck it.

Crappy way to start this morning

--------------------

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
    #36776 - 05/22/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

bummer. most of us have been there... On the topic of your nutes getting locked out.... have you ever used compost tea as a remedy for that, and do you think that would work? sorry if thats a newb question.

--------------------

heady nugz

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: wowitch420]
    #36777 - 05/22/08 12:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

no, the micro lock out was due to alkaline soil. The only way to fix it is to flush, and then water with a solution of micro nutes.

--------------------

Offlineandrewss

#38463 - 05/24/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Oh well... good shots and what budding you have looks nice and resin covered, enjoy :thumbup:

OfflineKybish

#38686 - 05/24/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
no, the micro lock out was due to alkaline soil. The only way to fix it is to flush, and then water with a solution of micro nutes.

Is it possible to use some kind of pH down along with a micro nute solution during waterings?

I know to add lime when soil is too acidic, although I haven't heard a definitive answer as to how one would fix alkalinity.

--------------------
Damn do I love my herbs

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Kybish]
    #39404 - 05/25/08 09:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yah, i need to drop the PH of my water before i feed it to them. PH down works just fine.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #48333 - 06/01/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Decided to cut the small one today because the mold had gotten to be too much. I had pruned off a lot of fan leaves and the remaining ones became infected as well. So i snapped some before and after pics and hung her up to dry. She was chopped on day 50 and the rest are coming down on 53. I'm headed out of town next weekend so i figured two days wasn't much compared to the risk of losing buds to mold.

The other branches i have drying are on their 6th day. Buds are nice and crispy, but the stems are still a little floppy. I'll probably throw them in a jar tomorrow or tues.

--------------------

OfflineKybish

#48501 - 06/02/08 12:02 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Looks tasty!

Too bad about the mold, what's your RH?

--------------------
Damn do I love my herbs

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Kybish]
    #48716 - 06/02/08 07:37 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

it fluctuates between 35 and 40 %. The mold most likely came about due to a pre-existing infection. The mother plant they came from was infected with powdery mildew. When i was baby sitting the mom i had to pay attention for it. Personally i think the low temps in the beginning coupled with not enough air circulation within the ten (not enough circulating fans) let the infection take hold. Did everything i could to stop it, but it just keeps coming back for more unfortunately.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #48791 - 06/02/08 10:27 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

There's a pic of the branches i harvested a week early. Total was 4 gms dry (probably a little bit over because i took a small sample this weekend).

I'm smoking a bong bowl of it right now. Smells better then it tastes, but goddamn, it packs a pretty powerful punch. Trying to break this up by hand is pretty hard, it's too sticky, all the pieces keep getting stuck to my fingers lol.

I'll update the thread again on wed when i harvest the rest and once more to show the finished tops of the big girls and the total dry weight. I'll be lucky if i pull more then an oz dry total out of this grow. The yield is pretty disappointing but the smoke is strong and i have access to more clones. Hopefully next time around will be better with the slyder. Next grow will feature afghani dream and nycd.

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #48815 - 06/02/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That looks yummy!

Good luck with the harvest!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Annom]
    #48818 - 06/02/08 10:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thanks man, even hacking down that small plant reminds me how much i hate harvesting. Actually it's a love hate relationship, but goddamn trimming buds gets monotonous. Thank god for the scissor hash, definitely helps pass the time.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #50343 - 06/03/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This is the next to last update for this grow. The only other thing i really have left to post would be a final dry weight with some bud shots.

Decided to hack them today so i could spend tomorrow relaxing instead of chopping down plants. First two pics are before the chop, the next one is one plant chopped, the next two, then three, and finally a group shot of all the tall girls manicured. It was a sticky, sticky night. Took me almost two hrs to chop them because i had to keep stopping to wipe the blade clean, or scrape the blades and collect some hash.

Not a very successful grow IMO, but i've got some buds to smoke on now and i know the strain a little better. Hopefully next round will go better since i won't be so rushed. Since we solved the cloning issue i'll be able to help and watch my friend flower the clones i took; i'll also have access to more when i get setup again so i'm looking forward to getting running again.

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #50547 - 06/04/08 04:19 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

:cool: Looks great, but I agree that it could be more.

I think you should make more use of all the light by growing more plants or using a scrog. There is too much light unused from what I can see from your pics. You don't want any light to hit the ground.

Maybe top the plants, grow a nice scrog until you have a completely covered horizontal screen, then flower them (or maybe a little earlier).

Edited by Annom (06/04/08 04:20 AM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Annom]
    #50589 - 06/04/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yah, believe me i wasted a lot of good space with this grow. My original goal was to flower all the plants like my small one, but they got flipped too late. The other reason i didn't do ANY type of training whatsoever was time. I had a pretty tight time frame to get these plant in and out of flowering and dried before i moved. So unfortunately i didn't have the time needed to LST, top, etc. The really short veg time probably contributed to my low yields. The main stalks were pretty flimsy and i could have capitalized on this plants branching to provide more tops.

I also did this grow as a favor (in a way) for the friend who gave me the clones. Since he's pretty new to cultivation he wanted to see what things looked like, what i did, what went wrong and how to fix/prevent it, plant size/density/buds/trichs/etc....

So, because of that, i also threw them in there pretty much a week and a 1/2 after they rooted. The plants didn't look rootbound to me, but there was some definite circling going on in the bottom with the root system. I'm getting rid of these pots as they've been nothing but trouble and im either going to invest in some more 3 gals or start building a box to hold the soil for a few plants.

Hopefully with my next grow i'll have triple the plants in flower and maybe another light as well.

--------------------

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
    #50660 - 06/04/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hey at least you got some nice colas to smoke on... I havent seen this strain but ive tried the buddhas sister from soma and the cherry tart taste is "tha bomb".

--------------------

heady nugz

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: wowitch420]
    #50675 - 06/04/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I havent seen this strain

Neither have i. I have two stories on it's lineage. One is it's a clone only variety brought back to my town from cali. It's been around this area for over 10 years now supposedly.

The other is that it's just a phenotype (one that is sought after though) from sagarmartha's slyder strain.

I don't really care too much about where it came from. The smoke is good and in the end that's all that matters to me.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds