Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePhish_Dude
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Jadian]
    #52096 - 06/05/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

for some reason they look kinda thin and spindly is that because of the genetics?

--------------------
organic growers check out:
basic compost tea guide
organic goodies

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #52270 - 06/06/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It is just sativa dominant. :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Sirius]
    #52448 - 06/06/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

maybe, but in all honesty these clones were not vegged long enough to build up a nice thick main stalk.  Could be one of the contributing factors, im going to work on that the next go around.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineC3R3AL KiLLRx
Ganja Giant.
Male

Loc: Sunshine State of Mind.
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: coda]
    #52455 - 06/06/08 01:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

still sexy as fuck tho...good job

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: C3R3AL KiLLRx]
    #52642 - 06/06/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

that's not bad, I had the same thing, I grew some plants that were small and got maybe an eight of some real nice bud. One plant was 13" the other was 14"

looks like you got over an ounce! that's nice! but growing inside, why didn't you put them in large pots, let them vegatate, clone them so you'd have thicker plants with better budding areas, and harvest later???

is this the full range of the plant?

oh well..... at least you got to smoke a few nice ones!
hope you got ripped!:grin:

how long was the total grow?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #52678 - 06/06/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

looks like you got over an ounce! that's nice! but growing inside, why didn't you put them in large pots, let them vegatate, clone them so you'd have thicker plants with better budding areas, and harvest later???

one word, time.  I'm planning to move shortly.  I needed to have the grow completed and dried by june.  Because of that i couldn't veg and train them like i wanted to.  Pretty much once they rooted they got a week or so of veg time and got the flip.  I also thought the pots i used would be more then sufficient for growing.  In the end i don't think that the plants became rootbound, but i think they could have used a little more room.

Quote:

how long was the total grow?

2 months total give or take a week.  1-2 weeks veg, 53 days flowering.  I would have liked to take them to 60-65 days flowering honestly.  I still think i hacked them a bit prematurely.  I had to leave town for the wkd (i wanted to harvest at earliest on sat) and the mold problem i was having just wasn't going away long enough for me to leave them.  My gf knows jack about cultivation and i didn't want to leave her in charge (nor did she), i also didn't want to come back to 5 plants of powdery mildew.  Because of that i hacked 'em and hung 'em.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #54171 - 06/09/08 02:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

lol, I just weighed the small plant.  Not even an 1/8.  3.1 grams dry total from that  plant.  I don't think i've harvested anything that small before lol.  My worst before that was 11 grams.

So far total weight is 7.1 grams for this grow. The rest of the plants should be done within a few days.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#54388 - 06/09/08 08:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

lol

fuck man 2 weeks growing to get 2 weeks tall? starting from seed?

so these plants are fucking mega growers or something?

or do you use some special fertilizer, like brown sugar. I want to know the trick to success, because I'm supposed to be getting some seeds, but i might not really get them good and sprouted until almost the end of june, and that sucks if i want to get like 4 ounces at least(which I'm hoping for)

one plant is misty bubble(i'm confused, does it taste like blueberry and bubblegum put together? or something entirely different?) and the other is a lowryder x columbian gold(the weed)

i know the columbian gold has lowryder genetics, but only 50%, and will actually get 5 feet high, so I don't assume that the autoflowering trait will be dominant, maybe in one or 2 plants.

nice grow man!

i'm sure once i get the hang of this, i'll be able to grow better, but to me it seems like herb can be tricky. I think my main problem is overwatering, I've realized when the soil is completely dry, you need to wait at least another day to water.
peace

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #54510 - 06/09/08 09:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fuck man 2 weeks growing to get 2 weeks tall? starting from seed?

what?  These plants were clones.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#54539 - 06/09/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

oh, I see. LOL, that sucks, I thought maybe I had stumbled upon a secret of mass proportions.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #55430 - 06/11/08 10:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

final dry weight is 36 grams.  Pretty pathetic, but right around where i thought i would end up.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #55438 - 06/11/08 10:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If you are in any way dismayed with those results, feel free to send them over. :naughty:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Sirius]
    #55448 - 06/11/08 10:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

dismayed? No.  Disappointed?  Yes.  I have two reasons for my disappointment.

a.) the person my friend got the strain from claimed it was the heaviest yielder he's seen

b.) this was to be my summer weed stash.  I have maybe one months supply at best now.  I don't really have the cash to be buying 50$ 1/8's every week this summer. 

It's no big deal, this grow produced the most resin covered buds i've grown.  The potency of this strain is better then my last grow, so that's a plus.  It's definitely a great morning/afternoon smoke.  Either the sativa dominance, or the day i harvested, produces a soaring high that leaves it easy to think and pay attention to things.  The trichs are a mix of clear and cloudy (with more clear then cloudy), and some amber scattered here and there.  I'd say, at least based on this grow, for the more up lifting high harvest from day 50-55 would be the best choice.  For a stonier, more sedated high, id push 60-65 (possibly even 70). 

There was a claim that it's possible to see a 45th day harvest.  However, after comparing some buds i sampled from around then to the buds i harvested on day 53, there was a noticeable difference. The day 53 buds were smoother on the the throat and lungs, they have a much better taste too.  The odor is also more apparent on the later buds.  My original goal was to go 60-65 days, but time and mildew cut that short for me.

Well, since this grow is chopped and dried, it's now in the past for me.  Nothing to do now but smoke my stash and plan my next grow.  I'll post up some bud pics tonight.

Next up: Afghani Dream, NYCD, Cherry Slyder, and probably some bag seed i've been holding onto.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck