Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Could the real Kush please stand up?
    #92200 - 07/24/08 03:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

so what's the deal with Purps and Kush?

I see a ton of different Kush strains whats the deal?? I've read somewhere that a lot of Kush strains aren't really Kush strains. So what makes Kush where did it come from??

I've heard of OG Kush which is a breeder back on some old forums make of Kush as far as I know. Then Hindu Kush from Sensi which seems to be the most historical I've read about then it's a mess from there.

ex. DJ shorts has the original blueberry
ex. TH and Serious have the original bubblegum
ex. Mr Nice made White Widow, White Rhino, Super Silver Haze, ect

same questions apply for purps.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEleutherios

Re: Could the real Kush please stand up? [Re: captain.koons]
    #92359 - 07/24/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

According to a book I read, Kush is from the Kush mountains of India. I'm guessing its simply a variety of Indica. There are a few references to this with the different breeders that carry them. I just ordered some of White Label's Master Kush. It looked promising.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Could the real Kush please stand up? [Re: Eleutherios]
    #92361 - 07/24/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I think you mean the Hindu Kush mountains on the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. :wink:

The "real" one would be a land-race variety from the region. I'm sure a few breeders have brought seeds back from the area. Don't really know much more beyond that, as I haven't looked into it, but I do know that OG Kush is a clone-only strain down in Cali.

--------------------

OfflineEleutherios

Re: Could the real Kush please stand up? [Re: Sirius]
    #92362 - 07/24/08 01:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

White Label claims that theirs came from seeds brought back from the region.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Could the real Kush please stand up? [Re: Eleutherios]
    #92901 - 07/25/08 12:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I assume Hindu Kush from Sensi is the real deal more or less then?

This pure Indica seed-strain comes directly from the massive mountain range for which it is named. The Hindu Kush is the western spur of the Himalayas, covering half of Afghanistan and straddling the borders of Pakistan and India, reaching almost to China. This desolate and beautiful region forms an important trade-route between the Middle East, central Asia and the Far East and the ancient cannabis traditions of the surrounding cultures have met and merged here over centuries. Put simply, the Hindu Kush is the absolute centre of the world when considering true Indica or Afghanica genotypes and the various forms of black hashish produced from them.

This cultivar has been selected for quality and stability over countless generations, always breeding within its own gene pool. Hindu Kush produces very consistent seedlings and is an excellent variety for uniform indoor crops grown straight from seed. Plants are dark green, squat and powerful with classic, broad-bladed Indica leaves. In warmer climates, below about 42°N, Hindu Kush can flourish outdoors.

Flowering is strong and reliable, producing fast harvests of thick Afghani buds even in the hands of a novice grower. Hindu Kush has a subtle scent of sandalwood tinged with the sweet aroma of fresh charas. Potency is remarkably high for a non-hybrid strain, with the mellow, positive body vibration possessed by the famous high-altitude Indicas. Hindu Kush also imparts a calm, contemplative mental state, instead of the brain-numbing stone of later Indica, Afghanica and Skunk hybrids.

sounds like Kush Win.

Appearently Purps strains come from a clone only strain "mendo purps" and it's much like the deal with CHeese strains coming from UK Cheese.

These may be my next 2 picks.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineieatglue01

Re: Could the real Kush please stand up? [Re: Sirius]
    #94762 - 07/27/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
I think you mean the Hindu Kush mountains on the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. :wink:

The "real" one would be a land-race variety from the region. I'm sure a few breeders have brought seeds back from the area. Don't really know much more beyond that, as I haven't looked into it, but I do know that OG Kush is a clone-only strain down in Cali.

Clinics in so cali all got OG but the real original Og was renamed to Tahoe because so many peeps grew it in hc and it wasn't as good but the original is some of the best ive smoked

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Could the real Kush please stand up? (moved) [Re: captain.koons]
    #116408 - 08/31/08 11:52 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Taking this thread to its new home.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder