Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZuto22
Stranger
1st time grower needs advice
    #846048 - 07/16/20 05:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed

2. How old are your plants?
54 days old and in veg

3. How tall are your plants?
~1 ft but its trained to the side

4. What size containers are they planted in?
7 Gal Cloth pot

5.What is your soil mix?
Nectar for the gods potting mix #4

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
I water about 1/2 gal at a time with water from the tap when the top looks dry and I can feel the pot getting light in weight roughly once every other day-3days

7. What is the pH of your water?
6.5-6.6 tested with digital ph meter

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Just started feeding .5oz/gallon of microbe life all in one every other watering  NPK ratio is 0.5-0.5-0.5

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
sprayed 2 days ago with safer insect killing soap at lights off Occasionally mist with regular water

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
QB Style LED ~100watts the light is a newer model spiderfarmer sf1000 however I was using a 60$ led grow light I got on amazon called a taurroc "1000w" led

old taurroc

New Spiderfarmer

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
as close to 18 in as I can get it without a measuring apparatus Note this model does have a dim adjuster on the board it is set to 100% if that helps old light was a bit closer

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
36x24x53 vivosun tent

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
70-75°f 60-65 rh

14. What is the pH of the soil?
I honestly dont know I dont have a soil test kit or vinegar atm

15. What is the pH of your run off?
tested at 6.8

16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
None that I can see

Some things to note

Up until 2 days ago the plant was in my closet on tin foil covered carpet with the cheapest light I could find on amazon

i just upgraded to a tent with a ventilation system,fan,humidifier reflective walls and a highly rated light total upgrade I'd think

the seed came from a pretty top shelf dispensary bag this is my first grow and definatley a practice run but I'd like to learn as much as I can

so ever since the upgrade my plant has become a much lighter shade of green I'd call it neon green especially the new growth but it is affecting the whole plant from what I can tell

any advice and wisdom would be greatly appreciated thank you =)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: 1st time grower needs advice [Re: Zuto22]
    #846058 - 07/18/20 09:23 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

:ganja:

When you increase light levels plants grow faster and the tops turn a lighter green. This is normal my plants do it when I switch to a stronger light source.

They look healthy and happy my only suggestion is to let your tap water sit in a bucket overnight after adjusting the PH to let the chlorine evaporate and for the water to become room temperature, checking the PH a second time is a good idea if it was more then a point off.

OfflineZuto22
Stranger
Re: 1st time grower needs advice [Re: Rider420]
    #846062 - 07/19/20 05:45 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you I noticed after a day or so it had started to darken up a bit

however my stems have started to turn purple which from my research indicates a likely P Deficiency Mg Deficiency or ph lockout.

the plant itself has never been fed with anything besides  couple feedings of microbe life all in one but yesterday I went and bought some fertilizer i got the fox farm trio Big bloom(micro) grow big and tiger bloom and a bottle of calimagic

since I'm supplementing mg and I wanna stay vegging for another month or so would I use something like this

(rd/gal=recommend dosage per gallon of water)

CaliMagic- 1.5x rd/gal
Big Bloom(micro)- use rd/gal
(heard you can be pretty generous with this but idk)
Grow Big- 1/2 rd/gal

and on my tds meter it should read 600-850 ppm when I'm done does this sound about right remember this would be my plants (and mine haha)first real feeding be sides half strength rd/gal .5-.5-.5 all in one last thing I want is to overdo it

also how can I test my soil ph accurately I have a vivosun ph meter (might not be calibrated correctly as it reads 6.
3 in distilled water) a hydro farm 3 in 1 tester (light,ph,moistness) and lil test tube with the ph dye

if the Soils Ph is off what's the best way too correct it all I have is ph up and for ph down I have some lemon juice

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: 1st time grower needs advice [Re: Zuto22]
    #846072 - 07/20/20 01:04 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Your best bet for testing the soil's ph is the  hydro farm 3 in 1 tester just stick in the ground to test the ph and moisture levels. Note it should be removed and cleaned between uses. I use one for watering my tomatoes.

The potting soil you using "Nectar for the gods potting mix #4" is ph controlled so you don't have to worry about that. BTW the potting mix has most of the nutrients in it so don't add any fertilizer until the second week of flowering. Less is better. When you do use it keep it under 200 ppm.

If you mix your own soil add some Dolomitic limestone to control the ph.

Edited by Rider420 (07/20/20 01:17 PM)

OfflineZuto22
Stranger
Re: 1st time grower needs advice [Re: Rider420]
    #846089 - 07/20/20 10:50 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome advice guys thank you!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder