Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeathByAstonishmnt
Stranger

Noob-friendly CBD/oil extraction process?
    #834626 - 11/07/18 10:19 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hello,

Apologies if this is covered somewhere, I didn't see it in the site pages or any stickied teks.

I've been using medicinal indica oil for a while and it's been really helping; but I'm barely making ends meet and need to cut every cost possible.

From what I see, many of the teks use solvents and are focused on THC extraction specifically; I mostly need the CBD's, whether or not THC is also extracted is not important to me.

Can anybody recommend a process that:

(1) doesn't use chemical solvents (everclear or 70%/95% isopropyl is OK)

(2) Has decent CBD extraction

(3) Is noob-friendly

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Noob-friendly CBD/oil extraction process? [Re: DeathByAstonishmnt]
    #834627 - 11/07/18 10:50 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

https://medium.com/meetharmony/cannabis-extractions-the-complete-guide-151edb382d65

Quote:

The plant type you use depends on your goal. If you want to have a high CBD extract with no THC, you have to use hemp or CBD-rich cannabis strains with low THC content.

The extraction process that removes THC also removes CBD. Ytube has lots of how to videos on different methods from bubble hash to iso extracts watch a few to see what method you would like to try.:goodluck:

I've done both bubble bag hash and ISO. The bubble bag was very pure and faster as well as easier then the ISO method but the ISO yields more.

Edited by Rider420 (11/08/18 12:20 PM)

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #834628 - 11/07/18 11:17 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

If you're going for an ingestible oil, just make RSO.  It's super easy.  I made some a few weeks ago with high CBD hemp and it turned out great. 

If you want something you can dab, you can do a quick wash with frozen materials to make QWET.  The process is nearly identical.

Grind buds (I use a blender on pulse)

Soak buds in ethanol (at least 5 minutes, I use 190 proof Everclear)

Strain and filter solvent through mesh, then a coffee filter.  At this point you may choose to do a second pull on the original material.

Pour solvent into a double boiler for evaporation.  I use a pyrex measuring cup resting on a paper towel in a pot of water.

Heat the solution for several hours, stirring/swirling occasionally to remove the oil building up on the sides.

Once the solution has boiled down to a dark oil, keep heating/swirling until it no longer bubbles or smells of alcohol and has the proper gooey consistency.

That's it. From there you can draw the oil up into syringes, then use coconut oil/butter to get the rest out of your container.

Stranger

Re: Noob-friendly CBD/oil extraction process? [Re: yoosername]
    #834633 - 11/07/18 01:48 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you both for the responses.

I get page not found for that URL, but found more results here using "RBO" and "QWET" keywords.

These teks seem to yield a concentrated resin, where what I was taking was oil with what looked like finely ground plant matter from a dropper. I didn't taste any hint of alcohol, so I'm guessing it was not actually an extract nor tincture, just ground up weed in olive oil? :confused:

Now I'm a bit concerned about getting a consistent dosing. I'm thinking to;

- Do the QWET tek to get resin
- Draw X cc of heated resin into each syringe
- Draw Y cc of heated coconut oil into each syringe
- Leave enough air in the syringe to mix well, then push out the air and store syringe in the fridge

I'm thinking as long as the same strain is used and resin : coco-oil ratios are maintained, dosing should be pretty consistent between "batches?"

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#834648 - 11/08/18 12:37 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DeathByAstonishmnt said:
I didn't taste any hint of alcohol, so I'm guessing it was not actually an extract nor tincture, just ground up weed in olive oil? :confused:

I'm thinking as long as the same strain is used and resin : coco-oil ratios are maintained, dosing should be pretty consistent between "batches?"

If your buying commercial products odds are this is the type of oil your referring to.

Quote:

These ingestible indica drops are created by carefully extracting the cannabinoids and terpenes from indica strains using a state-of-the-art CO2 extraction process. The concentrated extract is then diluted to the optimal concentration in MCT (Medium-Chain Triglyceride) oil by an in-house team. The final product is an amber-coloured ingestible oil with a velvety smooth texture. There is a natural scent and very mild earthy flavour to the oil. 0 mg/ml CBD and 20-30 mg/ml THC.
Origin
Alberta
Producer
Aurora
Type
Indica-Dominant
Method of consumption
Ingestion
Growing method
Hybrid Greenhouse

Qualities of a sativa meet the elements of indica in Irisa's Earth mix. It contains 3 mg of THC and 5 mg of CBD per ml in an MCT carrier oil.
Origin
Ontario
Producer
Irisa by High Park
Type
Blend
Method of consumption
Ingestion
Growing method
Hybrid Greenhouse

Here is a step by step video of How To Make Cannabis Coconut Oil (Decarboxylated Canna-Oil): Cannabasics #25

The benefit to doing it this way is you don't need to extract the CBD from the buds its done in the process of making the oil. Remember this oil is going to be a lot less potent then the oil you bought so you will need a much larger dose.

Hope this link works best of luck.

Edited by Rider420 (11/08/18 12:48 PM)

Stranger

Re: Noob-friendly CBD/oil extraction process? [Re: Rider420]
    #834664 - 11/09/18 10:05 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the comments and great video! Exactly what I needed.

OfflineEraisia
Stranger
Loc: Indiana Simonton Lake
    #847408 - 02/17/21 03:24 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

If you want, I can recommend the online store where I buy CBD oil. They have affordable prices and only high-quality products. I hurry to tell you that it is not advertising, and I am not trying to convince you to buy from them. I just want to help you, but don't know what else can I do for you. Honestly, I think that you must check other marijuana online stores and see what are the prices, and thus choose the online store that has the best price and also high-quality products. Just read reviews and try finding the provider that would suit your needs. I wish you the best and have a blessed day! If you want, you can check the site of the online store where I buy CBD oil then just click on dailymarijuana.co

Offlinediscobar
Stranger
    #857686 - 07/29/22 10:36 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

It seems to me that cbd oil is the cheapest there is.

Offlinekeilecpod
Stranger
Re: Noob-friendly CBD/oil extraction process? [Re: discobar]
    #857687 - 07/29/22 10:38 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Hmm, it won't be as easy as you think. All products that contain THC aren't cheap. Recently, my brother was diagnosed with severe anxiety and the initial stages of depression. The doctor prescribed him pills and special sweets https://www.bellevuereporter.com/blog/thc-edibles-5-keys-to-selecting-the-best-product/ they contain a small percentage of the, and they are great for depression. I can say that they cost quite democratically and it seems to me that they will suit you perfectly.

Edited by keilecpod (08/15/22 09:20 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder