Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBBoyle
Stranger
Marijuana Strain For Pain
    #824535 - 03/09/17 02:23 AM (7 years, 21 days ago)

I Just want to ask if someone here knows the right marijuana strain to use when it come with fibromyalgia?

I've been suffering with back pain for almost 3 months now and can't sleep properly at night. I already have a prescription meds but I refrain on using them coz it only take the pain for a minute or so and back again. Then one of my friends gave me a joint to try if it makes me feel better and it does! I try asking him what it is but he has no idea also. So I started doing my own research about medical marijuana and strains that would be effective against pain and came across this http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/hindu-kush/.
I'm not sure if that's the strain that I've tried but it has the highest pain management effect. Cbd and thc are all new to me. I also read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is relief effects the same? Why can't they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of. If it's true, then I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice on what strain is good and how to use it medically. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Marijuana Strain For Pain [Re: BBoyle]
    #824548 - 03/09/17 11:19 AM (7 years, 21 days ago)

WELCOME TO THE GROWERY! Sorry to hear about your pain man.

My mother suffers from fibromyalgia so I try to give her indica strains to deal with the inflammation and pain, they really seems to help her out.

The kush varieties are indica dominant strains as far as my knowledge goes, with Hindu Kush being 100% indica.

Master Kush along with Bubba Kush are great for pain relief and sleep as well. Another interesting strain is LA Confidential,  a pretty strong strain made up of both sativa and indica, is great for sleep, pain management and is a great appetite stimulant.

Good luck with your hunt and let us know if you find a particular strain the suites your needs.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Marijuana Strain For Pain [Re: Sham87]
    #824556 - 03/09/17 08:22 PM (7 years, 20 days ago)

Just from some quick research, it looks as though strains that are high in both THC and CBD are best for pain. This usually means heavy indicas like kush.

THC is the primary substance that causes the high you experience when partaking in Marijuana. Other cannabinoids like CBD are considered either nonpsychoactive or slightly psychoactive, and yet seem to interact with THC to affect the nature of the high and associated pain killing, appetite stimulating effects, among others. CBD does have some potential medical applications on its own, but doesn't alter the mind at all if taken without THC.

The delivery methods are nearly endless. You can smoke and vaporize, you can make hash or extract the resins from the plant (see our Hashish, Oils, and Tinctures forum here), or you can cook your marijuana or marijuana extracts into some pretty delicious meals and treats (see our Culinary Cannabis forum here).

The possibilities are endless. I've personally used marijuana to help alleviate insomnia and anxiety, as well as occasional aches and pains associated with an old construction accident. :cool::thumbup:

Welcome!

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Strain For Pain [Re: Data]
    #824842 - 03/16/17 11:07 PM (7 years, 13 days ago)

When u eat cannabis the effects are very different. The best i can describe is a light edible dose has effects similar to smoking a medium amount and how u feel hour or so after smoking.. ie sort of heavy feeling and def can be very heady even trippy witg high doses. So start very low and remember it can take 2 or 3 hours to kick in! 5mg of thc is good start and for an idea medium potency weed is 12 15%thc so thats 150mg per gram once decarboxylated(heated) so only 1/20th of a gram or less!! Which is50mg-100mg of dried flower.

But if possible probably stick to smoking as much easier to titrate aka guage your dose.

Depending on type of pain hard to say which type will work. As sativa hybrid may be easier to tolerate to be functional and no paranoid thoughts. I find heavy indica can cause worse out of control feeling then sativa(which typically peoole say makes them paranoid). So really just have to try and see what helps you. As typically budtenders will say indica best for pain and have high cbd. But indicas def do not have higher cbd in general however do tend to have higher cbn which is degraded thc and makes for sleepy effects similar to edibles passing theough liver.

Also high cbd strains prob do u good esp as a new user just looking dor relief. More antiinflamatory action and cool down ur nerves.

OfflineThe_Enternational
Stranger

#844835 - 05/05/20 06:11 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I have found the cbd flower available at local tobacco shops to be quite comforting in terms of alleviating some symptoms of pain. It is a most economical way to smoke as well; being legal and commercially produced with at least up to date equipment/techniques.

Kratom also seems promising medicinally. It can be used as a sedative or stimulant, which may mean that it has homeostasis supporting properties.

--------------------
" Advice given by others

is often ill counsel. "

- Havamal

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

#848981 - 08/08/21 02:06 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

purple creeper / purple urkle :spinleaf:

OfflineNagaVancuper
Stranger
    #857397 - 06/21/22 03:54 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Well, marijuana contains CBD and THC, THC relaxes you, and because of it, you plunge into a high. And many people take CBD Oil or THC products for different purposes. For example, I took THC products on my doctor's advice to treat insomnia and normalize sleep. As a result, I finally got rid of this terrible disease, and my nervous system returned to normal. By the way, I usually bought WHICH products on this site https://www.wildorchardhemp.com/product-category/delta-8-thc-flower/, and the grade was delta-8, so I think you need to learn more about it on the Internet. It will help you relieve pain.

Edited by NagaVancuper (06/21/22 03:56 AM)

OfflineAdamovsky
Stranger
Re: Marijuana Strain For Pain [Re: NagaVancuper]
    #857398 - 06/21/22 05:57 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Fibromyalgia treatment programs are most effective when combined with pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. The most important point is to reduce stress and calm down. To do this, you can use a medical component which is briefly called thc. You can just smoke weed, but there are two drawbacks. First, it is very easy to become addicted because the dosage of the drug is difficult to control in this form. Second, harm to the respiratory system. Therefore, as an alternative, I strongly recommend trying delta 9 gummies https://www.wildorchardhemp.com/product-category/delta-9-gummies/. They will greatly help people with fibromyalgia.

Edited by Adamovsky (06/21/22 02:37 PM)

OfflineChronx
Stranger

#863339 - 01/08/24 02:44 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Anything with CBG

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder