Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGeorge Seeds
Male User Gallery
Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Medical Marijuana Genetics
    #824404 - 03/05/17 08:43 AM (7 years, 25 days ago)

I'm not an approved vendor, but my thread has valuable user discussion so I guess I'll awkwardly discuss that as my OP...maybe I should read the rules first :shrug:

Edited by Data (05/08/20 06:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Enternational
Stranger

Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: George Seeds]
    #844821 - 05/04/20 08:13 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

ON that note, can anyone explain why there are little to no CBD/no THC strain seeds available for purchase? All I can find are orders from across the world.

--------------------
" Advice given by others

is often ill counsel. "

- Havamal

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: The_Enternational]
    #844823 - 05/04/20 09:27 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Many CBD strains available will produce a variety of different cannabinoid ratios when started from seed.  You have to do a pheno hunt to find the high CBD phenotypes.

High CBD hemp seed has been bred for super low THC levels, but is usually marketed towards large scale farmers rather than hobby growers.  There are a few distributors who sell strains such as baox, cherry wine, or other high CBD hemp seeds in small quantities.  This would be your best bet.

OfflineThe_Enternational
Stranger

Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: yoosername]
    #844834 - 05/05/20 04:41 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
Many CBD strains available will produce a variety of different cannabinoid ratios when started from seed.  You have to do a pheno hunt to find the high CBD phenotypes.

High CBD hemp seed has been bred for super low THC levels, but is usually marketed towards large scale farmers rather than hobby growers.  There are a few distributors who sell strains such as baox, cherry wine, or other high CBD hemp seeds in small quantities.  This would be your best bet.

Thank you very much for that help. I was able to find a direct link to some baox seeds online:

https://www.nekroots.com/hempseeds

--------------------
" Advice given by others

is often ill counsel. "

- Havamal

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

#844838 - 05/05/20 08:19 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I want to know if there's a seed guarantee  or if like all seeds, they differ seed to seed because of genetics. That's why the DEA destroyed a huge legal hemp farm because the seeds used varied in potency
Some more than 1% making it illegal.  Stupid, how do we control plant genes that are not manipulated.

OfflineThe_Enternational
Stranger

Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: Cannabrainz]
    #844870 - 05/08/20 04:40 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabrainz said:
I want to know if there's a seed guarantee  or if like all seeds, they differ seed to seed because of genetics. That's why the DEA destroyed a huge legal hemp farm because the seeds used varied in potency
Some more than 1% making it illegal.  Stupid, how do we control plant genes that are not manipulated.

Perhaps, maybe the answer is within the noted observation that not all peppers are as spicy as others; whether grown agriculturally or in the wild.

1 in 10 of these peppers are spciy

I do admit, I have seen some commercially produced crops that look completely destroyed because of disease and factors that farmers certainly could not have prevented. All the more supported by the fact that medical marijuana patients would much rather prefer a premium rolled cigarette rather than something like 'ugly fruit'.

--------------------
" Advice given by others

is often ill counsel. "

- Havamal

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: The_Enternational]
    #844886 - 05/08/20 01:53 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Most CBD hemp strains will produce more than 0.3% THC if left to flower long enough.  CBD levels peak before THC, so the name of the game is knowing when to harvest so that you have maximum CBD levels with less than 0.3% THC.

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

#844977 - 05/12/20 04:43 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Still how can you advertise like that? If all are different?
There's many strains identified, NOW. We're finally testing and finding out all kinds of crazy stuff.  Just wait till they tell us it's not even THC getting us high. Its some newly identified chemical.

Edited by Cannabrainz (05/12/20 05:53 PM)

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#845938 - 07/11/20 06:43 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
Most CBD hemp strains will produce more than 0.3% THC if left to flower long enough.  CBD levels peak before THC, so the name of the game is knowing when to harvest so that you have maximum CBD levels with less than 0.3% THC.

Which brings me back to my point...would someone use a rosemary plant that has been left alone for a long time only to become piney instead of herbaceous? Perhaps yes, but also perhaps no.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

OfflineDrakeHeyman
Stranger
Male
Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: George Seeds]
    #847272 - 01/23/21 09:53 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I really liked the strain sweet and sour widow with a 1:1 CBD/THC ratio. The advantage of this ratio is that it relaxes but the head remains clear and not foggy. For me, this is important because I suffer from depression and I can use this variety during the day. Also on the advice of a friend, I take the medicinal herbs kratom, which also helps me cope with depression and anxiety. At first, I didn't know where to buy kratom because my friend lives in another country, but I quickly googled and found where. I advise everyone to use only natural medicines, not synthetic ones. Personally, I used to take antidepressants, which made me feel disgusting afterward.

Edited by DrakeHeyman (01/31/21 04:56 AM)

OfflineAdustus
Stranger

Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: DrakeHeyman]
    #855241 - 01/29/22 03:34 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Turmeric Golden Oil Cured my depression for good. Also fixed my legs after a grand mal siezure i had was so intense that the fallout nearly killed me if not for an IV.

Im off a ton of oxy because of this stuff. message me if anyone wants info.

InvisibleKaLyX
Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: Adustus]
    #855258 - 01/29/22 07:36 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Adustus said:
Turmeric Golden Oil Cured my depression for good. Also fixed my legs after a grand mal siezure i had was so intense that the fallout nearly killed me if not for an IV.

Im off a ton of oxy because of this stuff. message me if anyone wants info.

I grew out my own Turemeric for depression and health benefits, but is eating it raw the right way to go, or should it be juiced?

Offline1234go
Sex Machine
I'm a teapot

Re: Medical Marijuana Genetics [Re: KaLyX]
    #857023 - 05/23/22 07:25 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

this guy fucks. ☝️

--------------------
:mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale