Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefalsereality
Stranger
LED vs HPS Difference in Grams Per Watt
    #812154 - 04/30/16 03:12 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I compiled the data from a collection of LED grows on an icmag.com post, here are the results:

LED grows easily average one gram per watt which seems like a great yield.

I'm trying to look for similar data from HPS grows because I've heard HPS grows yield less :shrug:, I don't know if it's true, I'm just curious. Do HPS lights yield less per watt? I would assume so because LED's are more efficient and the exact light spectrum can be controlled precisely, and they throw out more lumens per watt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED vs HPS Difference in Grams Per Watt [Re: falsereality]
    #812157 - 04/30/16 04:17 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It depends greatly on how good of an LED you get. My last harvest had the LED's beat the HPS. The LED's had 1/4th of the space but produced 1/3rd the weight.

I've compiled the data for you. Also note though, it was not that great of a harvest, especially for the HPS side, those plants were SO stretched out. Its not at my house so I can only deal with them on a regular basis to optimize them.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #812169 - 04/30/16 07:19 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I've been growing since the 80s and hearing about LED lights since the 90s and they are going to be the way of the future but right now I have yet to see a single one of these gardens that claims to out performe hid come out as true yet. I come from a area where 75% of the population grows (Mendo County) and have seen a ton of gardens convert fro HID to LED and not a single one of them has stayed with them.

Apparently finding ones that are built all that well isn't easy either. They don't have the warranty that HID lights have. Says something when companies don't back their products.

Well this is 2000 watts of HID that produced just over 5 lbs.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinefalsereality
Stranger
Re: LED vs HPS Difference in Grams Per Watt [Re: Magash]
    #812170 - 04/30/16 07:22 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I've been growing since the 80s and hearing about LED lights since the 90s and they are going to be the way of the future but right now I have yet to see a single one of these gardens that claims to out performe hid come out as true yet. I come from a area where 75% of the population grows (Mendo County) and have seen a ton of gardens convert fro HID to LED and not a single one of them has stayed with them.

Apparently finding ones that are built all that well isn't easy either. They don't have the warranty that HID lights have. Says something when companies don't back their products.

Well this is 2000 watts of HID that produced just over 5 lbs.

:happyweed:

Phenomenal yields! Congrats! I guess I'll just have to test the LEDs myself, should be a fun experiment and I just added two 300w panels, so in total 1200w in LEDs.

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
    #812238 - 05/01/16 01:19 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Ah, this subject...
From what ive seen, everyone will have their own opinions on lights, whether it be led, hid or cfls.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder